• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest in Peace Vader aka babylonboy

Tommyboy

Bluelight Crew
I was just informed that our good friend Adam who posted under the handles Vader and babylonboy passed away earlier this year in the month of February.

Adam was one of the main senior staff members that helped with the harm reduction movement that made this site what it is today. He was always level-headed on here which made him such a great asset to this site since his level of professionalism made him such a respected member on here, both on the member and staff levels.

Even after moving on from staff he continued to be a great help to me in the 'Support' subforum, and his advice was so well thought out that it would often bring a level of calm to the discussion that was always a big help.

I also loved seeing the pictures that he would share with me. He would get himself into some pretty hilarious situations that would make everyone around him laugh and smile, and that's just how he was.

I never had a bad thing to say about him and I'm sure that everyone will share that sentiment. He helped keep EADD running smoothly during times when there was a lot going on behind the scenes and it could have easily fallen apart. He also got the Wiki page active again and put a lot of thankless time and effort into it.

I could keep going but I want to get this thread started so we can all remember him together and get the stories going.

Thanks for everything Adam, you will truly be missed.

Fuck.
Oh man. This is terrible news and a huge loss to bluelight.
My heart goes out to his family, friends - and of course to EADD.
:( :( :(

I never knew he was on staff, I just knew from interacting with him that he was a really smart guy, always willing to help. He really will be missed.

Here is a quote that says a lot about what kind of person Vader was. It is also the most important thing to remember about every person we meet in this journey through life. In his honor, hold this thought about everyone you meet.

Yeah, none of us is just a label, we are all real people with rich inner worlds and hopes and dreams and fears that make us unique.

He wrote this in response to someone else on here being referred to as "just a junkie" but it could also apply to any of the neat and tidy boxes we throw whole beings into. I am sorry that his empathy, wit, intelligence and insight will no longer benefit our community as well as the larger world. I hope that his family can draw comfort from the fact that he did leave this world a better place simply by embodying and living those attributes.

I am particularly pained to know that he was in a very dark place before he died and I dream of a world where people can openly share their struggles without fear of stigma and reprisals.

Very sad. I wondered why I hadn't seen him post as of late. Increadibly intelligent and eloquent, quite a big loss. Hope he has found peace! Resonate in peace, brother!

Really sorry to hear this. He was such a nice, sensible, thoughtful, and intelligent guy. I valued the time that I spent working with him on the staff here, and it's pretty sad, as is often the case, that someone you used to interact with every day for a while can just drop off your radar and then... well... this.

RIP mate. X

Edit: p.s. Another username was "Yerg", btw.

Genuinely shocked to hear this. Never knew him by his actual name but seeing as it's been given, Adam was a longterm fave posted under sundry pseudonyms. Never considered his recent extended absence was anything more than one of his soon-to-be reinventions. Lovely fella, very knowledgeable, very decent in every way possible to know via the interwebz. Got nuttin' left to say for now but <3

Really sorry to hear this. He was such a nice, sensible, thoughtful, and intelligent guy. I valued the time that I spent working with him on the staff here, and it's pretty sad, as is often the case, that someone you used to interact with every day for a while can just drop off your radar and then... well... this.

RIP mate. X

Edit: p.s. Another username was "Yerg", btw.

Yea I remembered that one from back when he moderated CD but IIRC he requested the name change for anonymity purposes so I figured it was best to leave that name out even under these circumstances.

So sad to see such a decent, funny and intelligent person go before his time. RIP.

I remember him... shit this is sad :( Rest in peace man, thanks for all you did here. Hope you're happy, wherever you are

Excuse my vulgarity but this is fucking shit. He was sound as fuck. Now I'll never go to a Test match with him. :(

Very sad to come to the forum and read about this today. RIP.

rest in peace.

i'm very sorry to those of you who were close to him.