• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone have experience with rapid detox?

TooMuchTar

Greenlighter
I've been considering doing the rapid detox program, my exgirlfriend did it about a year ago and it worked wonders for her, although she had a much smaller habit and had only been doing it about a year. I've been IVing for about 5 years and for the past year or so I've been doing 2 or 3 gram+ shots of tar, most recently just under 1.5 . Unfortunately I completely ran out of veins and for the past week I've been smoking it. My use is down a lot, but I don't get remotely high. I feel like I'm at a point where I'm just so tired of this shit. I've been to rehab before but only because I had no way to keep getting shit, but that's the least of my problems now. I've thought about just using the money to go to a nice rehab, plus I have great insurance but there's no guarantee I wouldn't use when I got out. I also considered taking a trip for a month or so across the country to just get away and hopefully get over my habit when I got back, but again theres no guarantee. The procedure costs almost 8k all inclusive, which is almost all the money I've saved.

The place would put me up in a hotel and give me a cocktail of wd meds and benzos. I'd also bring plenty of my own xanax just incase. The only reason I'm even considering it is because they put an implant in my thigh that provides my body with naloxone for 3 months, no matter how badly I want to I can't use. I would more than likely continue getting the implants or taking vivitrol for atleast a year.

I've read some places that it's a waste and it doesn't do anything for your mental addiction, but it seems like most of the people who've said that had to take the naloxone daily in order to not get high, something I know I couldn't do myself.

If anyone has any insight on why you think I should or shouldn't do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

IMHO, I think that rehabs like that a greedy money suckers, try to find a sub doc and do a quick taper, there's plenty of info on this site on how to properly do one.. however, there is no magical cure for the mental aspect of addiction, sure there are some things to alleviate the acute withdrawal symptoms, but PAWS is a different story, I would suggest getting a support system of family and friends that you can call when you have urges to use, having someone talk you out of copping works very well. But like I said, they can give you all the comfort meds in the world, but that mental aspect of addiction will be by your side for a very long time. And if you go across country, like to the eastern half of the US, you'll run into even better dope than you have in the west, just an fyi.. Also, if you happen to run into said dope, DO NOT do anything over a 1g shot, you will OD.

I've been on subs before, they don't work very well or for very long. My biggest problem is the mental, which is why I think that something which prevents me from doing it no matter what is the best option. I can take it while I get my life back in order and start seeing a therapist so I can work on the actual issues I have. Obviously thats a best case scenario. I'm from the east (Ohio) and would be going west towards California. I've always wanted to see the ocean, grand canyon and the sequoias. I wouldn't worry about running into it either, if you looked at me on the street you'd probably think I was a narc or just a nerdy college kid.

Yeah like I said before, there really is no magical cure for the mental aspect, seeing a therapist would be a good idea, especially if there's underlying issues for your drug use. I think you should work on those issues before you try to quit, it's just a relapse waiting to happen. One step at a time my friend.