Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[MXE] Making music in your brains

Ambi

Greenlighter
Hello,

I'm not new here, I'm an oldbee, i'm posting here since 2002 (?) i think, but with another name... i'm back, is a better word :p . Anyway... i have a question and maybe i find some response, thank you in advance.

MXE, the Designer drug. Im taking it a little while now and i'm experiencing some weird stuff, very weird stuff.

Normally i take MXE to get a boost in the morning. Its bettter than coffee and all that stuff. I know its related to ketamine and i should watch out not to get addicted to it. However, this is hard when its in my reach. When its not, I dont mind and i just can't take it and i accept it. No problems at all.

Anyway. Last time i took MXE, it was like 5 or 6 snorts (i have a scale which can go to 0.001g.), but i don´t use it to take MXE because i can measure with the eye quite good as i know the stuff. So i took some of it spreaded around the day (6 times a little snort) to gimme a bump. Then i went to sleep, and every MXE user knows its very hard to sleep on it (its like trying to sleep on Amphetamine), so i use Weed to get sleepy, but this also triggers something in the MXE. I've had the following experience twice now, while on MXE + Weed;

I can make music in my brain at a certain point.... it's really weird, its like trance music and i can do it by myself, determine which notes are hit, also how loud and stuff. And its the VERY BEST music i've ever "heard"... its all in my head, i know... but its soooo awesome to play those notes as i can trigger them myself. I am really able to steer the trip into my own direction and i like it. The sounds i hear are SO good that i'd like to extract that from my brain into a computer because i know for sure it would be a massive hit on youtube from what i hear from it. Its the best music i've ever heard. My brain is producing it itself ofcourse but i'm wondering if anyone has some similiar experience with MXE? Also i get great idea's and my mind is rushing and rushing to WORK EVERYTHING OUT, all details and little pieces which come with idea's are thought of while thinking. It just gives a boost in my brain. Sometimes i think my IQ raises with like 40 points or something while on this drug...

Any similiar experiences with MXE? I did lots of drugs, but i never had this before and i'm stunned. Also sometimes i think its quite scary if i think about how much influence i have on my own brain while on this stuff... For example; when i have these nice effects, also less-nice-effects show up, like; "could i be able to stop my organs from working with this method?" etc. Then i scare the hell outta myself.

Please discuss and any reply is appreciated.

Ambi.

I got a similar experience many times, except only on weed. It's exactly as you said, the best music I've ever heard. If only I could record it, or write it. Most times it's trance music, sometimes classical. It depends on what I've heard in the day.

However I don't have any effort to make, the music is autonomous. I can force it a little by imagining notes, instruments, etc., but the music will get soon enough it's own life, and I am just a spectator. It's like if my imagination was on auto-pilot. Music is presented to me, rather than me imagining music. Sometimes it changes style completely and I can't even go back. The next day all memories are gone, I can just remember the "global form" of the music and the style.

Btw when I'm bored I like to imagine techno/trance music. I've been doing that since I was a kid. But it's far from being as good as the autonomous music I hear when going to bed high. It doesn't have the spontaneity.

After having that so many times, I think what happens is I have some music stuck in my head (like every normal day), but with weed, the memory of that music is altered and original music is created. I have heard music many times, but only noticed that "distorted musical memory thing" recently. While I was hearing music in my head, it came back to a song I had heard earlier in the day, and that quickly took its own life to become an entirely new music.

Also sometimes, visualizations come with the music. Like 3D coloured diagrams representing the music in real time. Or a horse running, morphing as the music evolves. These things are also autonomous. Sometimes I just have to imagine a setting and it goes auto-pilot, and I let it live its own life.

The hypnagogic state is powerful. Especially on weed in my experience. ;)

To answer your question: no, you could not stop your organs from working. :) I don't believe that it's actually the methoxetamine doing this for you; your brain can do this while entirely sober. Or at least, mine can.... It happens almost every time I have a lucid dream. I'm fairly certain that this is just a possible effect of dissociation while still cognitively aware, which normally only happens during lucid dreams, but with dissociatives of course can happen while awake. I don't think it's anything to worry about in that respect. As for the music, yes, it gets freaking awesome. I don't have to direct it in any way at all, it just happens perfectly. The best club music I've ever heard! Unfortunately, with dreams it vanishes from memory when I wake up. :S

To answer your question: no, you could not stop your organs from working. :) I don't believe that it's actually the methoxetamine doing this for you; your brain can do this while entirely sober. Or at least, mine can.... It happens almost every time I have a lucid dream. I'm fairly certain that this is just a possible effect of dissociation while still cognitively aware, which normally only happens during lucid dreams, but with dissociatives of course can happen while awake. I don't think it's anything to worry about in that respect. As for the music, yes, it gets freaking awesome. I don't have to direct it in any way at all, it just happens perfectly. The best club music I've ever heard! Unfortunately, with dreams it vanishes from memory when I wake up. :S

I don't "have to direct" the music in any way. But its possible. On MXE + WEED i literally SEE a room in 3D. It has 9 blocks like tic-tac-toe, but its a chamber like this;

neon-cube-23099-400x250.jpg

This is the best picture i could find to visualize it. But here you see the outside. In my trip (when i can make the music with my brains), i'm INSIDE this chamber which looks exactly the same as the pic, but then 9 blocks left, right, top etc.... you get the idea.

And with my thoughts, i can literally HIT 1 of the "blocks" in the cube and it gives a sound. I can also play twice at the same moment and I literally SEE them playing the music and hearing it while in my trip, i just SEE it AND HEAR it.. it's unbe-fucking-lievable... also if i think about it, or read this... you guys must think im crazy but thats what happens. I had it twice now lol. I love it. I'm sure its the MXE + WEED combination, i've can't imagine somebody or some brain could do this by itself, ive never experienced it before,only on MXE and WEED.

And about the organs, I was able to adjust my heartbeat with my thoughts... so i'm not quite sure about that... its freaking me a little out tho.

Thanks for your replies guys, and indeed... after the trip its all gone :(

I try to speak or HUMMMMM my tones into a microphone, also i tried to tell my extraordinary idea's which float and rush through my brain to the microphone, but my brain is too damn quick to keep up with... :)

I've done ALOT of drugs... including LSD (over 50 times), Salvia, Ketamine, high dosage 2c-b and DMT.. but this MXE/WEED combination, is the most powerfull thing i've seen yet. Purely because i'm able to give it a direction.. i'm able to change the trip into what i like to trip about... weird and crazy.

I don't think you're crazy at all, and it sounds awesome, but I still think it's entirely possible without drugs. The only difference in the description you gave and what I experience is the cube room; for me it just happens while exploring the dream world. I probably wouldn't have believed it if I didn't experience it myself, but it's actually become a fairly common occurrence for me in lucid dreams. Very often these days the dream characters even start singing complete lyrics and dancing along to the music. It's intense because I'm also a part of the choreography and can even pump out solo lyrics exactly on cue without a thought. 8o Sometimes I can remember a few of the lyrics too, even though the music doesn't tend to stick with me. One time a whole room burst into song about a banana I found on a table. Another time was a very dramatic musical scene about a guy in a supermarket being jealous of another guy's pants. 8)

Personally, I believe that any of these experiences are attainable without drugs if you go about it the right way. No matter what drug you take, it's still your brain creating the experience after all.... The drug itself is nothing special until it's put into your neurochemistry.

Are you sure you weren't just tripping about the adjusted heartbeat? ;) I can't deny your experience of course but I seriously doubt that methoxetamine gives you the ability to change anything about your organs that you like. I would bet money that if you tried to make a serious change it would fail.

I have heard a lot of good things about the combination of methoxetamine and weed... though you're the first person I've heard talk about it for that reason. I actually experience the same kind of thing on LSD. I can make pretty much anything I want to happen in the trip occur at any time, as long as I'm tripping hard enough to be hallucinating that hard.

On MXE + WEED i literally SEE a room in 3D. It has 9 blocks like tic-tac-toe, but its a chamber like this;

neon-cube-23099-400x250.jpg
Goddess Mode said:
I probably wouldn't have believed it if I didn't experience it myself, but it's actually become a fairly common occurrence for me in lucid dreams. Very often these days the dream characters even start singing complete lyrics and dancing along to the music. It's intense because I'm also a part of the choreography and can even pump out solo lyrics exactly on cue without a thought. Sometimes I can remember a few of the lyrics too, even though the music doesn't tend to stick with me. One time a whole room burst into song about a banana I found on a table. Another time was a very dramatic musical scene about a guy in a supermarket being jealous of another guy's pants.
Ambi: I've posted similar visualizations in a thread of mine about MXE visuals – which are not experienced by everyone – that share a similar, luminous, most often monchramatic sort of visual (see example illustration immediately following and text below).
3d-laser.jpg

To the both of you: I've posted about aural hallucinations in the diphenidine thread before:
I noticed my mind was rapping, everything I was thinking about my mind was converting into rap lyrics along with the tune. This might be a good substance for music producers, I was hearing rap music I'd never heard before, some of it was pretty good. Weird stuff. Why rap? Why not country music or reggae? Maybe in the future it'll be a different genre.
I've noticed that the auditory hallucinations evoked by dissociatives tend to riff off of and elaborate on droning or rhythmic environmental sounds to synthesize this mind music, so it's only natural that experiences of this kind lean toward the more rhythm focused genres (dance, rap, drum n' bass, etc.). If you start hearing a lot of aural hallucinations, that's the time to try moving around and orienting your head in different positions while listening to fans, washing machines, air conditioners and the like. They supply the "bass line" for all sorts of music you think you've heard before but, when you really listen, it's clear it's coming from inside your head. It's pretty fascinating. As far as I can discern the dissociatives are creating a mind state where patterns are subconsciously projected onto sources of droning noise that approximate white noise (true randomness), and rhythmic variations within that noise -- such as those the oscillation of a washing bin might produce -- are used as mnemonic cues to users' various memories of professional music, which are then "mashed up" in perception and output for us to hear in our mind's ear. At a bioinformatic level, I think what's going on is probably very similar to the phenomena of seeing animated forms in TV static in the visual modality (and that you can see stone sober if you've got an old television).

bubo2.jpg

By shifting your head, closing a door to increase distortion, putting your ear to a wall, or whatever, you can effectively re-orchestrate things. And if you listen closely enough and move systematically, you can hear how doing so alters the perceptual "musical" output. I'd think you'd have to be a producer who was extremely familiar with his equipment to faithfully translate this sort of subjective tinkering to an external source in the sort of mental state most dissociatives leave one in, but if you were diligent and disciplined enough maybe something could be pulled off.

Does that make any sense to you? You two should consider posting in my thread. I'm familiar with the “I can make the trip do anything I want” sensation, but I've started to explore the apparent limits of it, which I've posted about there. If you've attempted to do similar, please post what you've found here or in the linked to thread.

Last edited:
The musical clarity you can experience on MXE is easily my favourite quality of the stuff.
Every note, every beat and the most intricate elements of sound all become accessible to observe, feel and absorb.
I find I can listen to a record and fully absorb what every instrument or layer of sound is doing - rather than listening out for the rhythm section, or the sound of a particular instrument or vocals or whatever - I can hear and concentrate on everything all at once - like a dog's olfactory senses can apparently identify many components of odour (say, every ingredient in a meal - whereas humans' sense of smell will identify the smell of the meal as one single odour...if that makes sense?). Every sound buried in a recording will shine through with great clarity.

As a musician, also, I get great insight into how music has been recorded, mixed and the technical elements of the recording process really clearly. I can tell if a track was recorded live in the studio, for example - or whether each instrument was recorded in isolation or overdubbed. I could pick up on such things straight; but it may not even occur to me to think about it, whereas on mxe, these things stand out really vividly to me.
MP3s or CDs often sound too compressed and digital.
Spinning vinyl, on the other hand, is divine. The richness of sound just glows with warmth.
Amazingly, I have drifted into whole other realms of consciousness while listening to a record - not really aware of where I am, what day it is...who I am - yet when the needle runs off the last track on an LP, I have no problem whatsoever flipping the record and dropping the stylus right on the first track of the second side of the album - though, walking two steps from my couch to my turntable has been a bit of a challenge at times. But once the record is spinning again, I am able to slide back to the couch and drift straight back into the outer reaches of dissociated consciousness as though there was no interruption.

Some records I've listened to for 15 years and know them like the back of my hand - but there have been MXE trips where those same albums are unrecognisable, and I am hearing them for the first time. Amazing.

I don't think I've ever really tripped on mxe without listening to music as the basis for the whole experience - so i have not experienced the same "head music" thing as the OP.
I have heard music on dmt, though - clear as day, but it is a bit difficult to bring that music back from hyperspace and integrate the memory in my non-DMT affected mind.

What i have experienced though, with MXE, is the musical clarity of listening to music whilst playing with other people.
I had an improvised jam with my one of my bandmates (he on piano - sober, and me playing guitar) a couple of years ago.

The musical chemistry that already exists between us was greatly heightened - I was able to pre-empt his chord changes and repeatedly intuitively changed to the exact same note or tempo shift with no prompting, planning or eye contact.
The feeling of being immersed in every note, as though each beat had been slowed down to make every single sound as clear as a word on a printed page. Like champion chess players concentrate several moves ahead of the current play, assessing the various potential movements, I found playing music with another person on mxe meant I knew full well what the right melody or rhythm to play was before I played it. Each and every note was laid out before me - and rather than fall into familiar melodic patterns, or stick to obvious scales and musical figures (as one may bluff while playing fucked up - say on acid or something).
I really cannot explain it any better than that - it is a bit beyond words, for me - just full immersion in sound.

I have achieved similar states of intense musical connection and focus on mushrooms, but I find getting into that sort of 'zone' a bit more difficult and problematic on shrooms; the drug can open up completely new realms of inspiration - and connect your thoughts with your fingers with great precision... or it can muddle my concentration, mess with my coordination of between what i want to play and what my fingers can manage in that state - and I get lost in what I am doing; ok for improv, but potentially too erratic for composing or playing songs.
I haven't performed in front of an audience on mxe...actually - there was one person in the room listening to the jam I had with my bandmate - and their reaction indicates that my perception of playing with an almost telepathic connection wasn't just a dissociative-induced delusion of musical prowess.

Having played gigs on LSD and mushrooms - I found acid to be "manageable" (but not exactly musically enhancing in a live performance sense - possibly a hinderance if anything something to play through); whereas I have always found a low dose of shrooms to heighten my ability to play, be it a set of songs, writing music or just improvising with friends.

I have jammed with people on mescaline, and found incredible inspiration in improvising interesting tunes (some of which I revisited from the recording I made and wrote songs around improvised riffs) but my playing was sloppy and I felt slightly disconnected.

No drug I have experienced comes close to the musical immersion I have enjoyed with mxe - whether it is listening or playing - it is like being swept up by a big wave made of sound, and riding it into pure aesthetic bliss.

Last edited:
I call it "my inner DJ" which manifests on MXE.

He takes existing music and resamples it to fit the visions, it resamples words of lyrics to convey messages, it lets voices of people I know speak things they never said that support the experience, it completely synthesizes music from scratch, as is the topic of this thread. Yes, usually its modern electronic music. Trance, Trap, that sort of thing. But it can be anything, even nasheeds. Thats why I insist my fellow trippers dont use their iPod on MXE journeys, and let the music be handled by their inner DJ. (s)he knows exactly whats right, when its right.

If I could convey the inner music to mp3 I'd be a celebrated musician, the music is astonishing in quality and novelty. Often whole new genres.

^ do you play music? I mean, externally? ;)
It would be a pretty cool artistic goal to attempt to re-create (or perhaps create this music of consciousness for the world outside of your mind).
I mean, it's almost like having an idea for the narrative of a book or film, or a mental image of a painting - and setting about bringing it into existence.
I think that's a pretty interesting idea; to have this music present itself as a hallucination (if that is what it is) and potentially feeding off it to create a new style of music, or at least be the catalyst for a musical project or something.
Makes me want to try taking mxe in silence now - to see what sounds I can conjure !

Ambi: I've posted similar visualizations in a thread of mine about MXE visuals – which are not experienced by everyone – that share a similar, luminous, most often monchramatic sort of visual (see example illustration immediately following and text below).
3d-laser.jpg

To the both of you: I've posted about aural hallucinations in the diphenidine thread before:

Does that make any sense to you? You two should consider posting in my thread. I'm familiar with the “I can make the trip do anything I want” sensation, but I've started to explore the apparent limits of it, which I've posted about there. If you've attempted to do similar, please post what you've found here or in the linked to thread.

YES!, Exactly what you're saying, also the Fan's and Wasmachine's!!! I had the same.

And about the TV screen; i had it only once, but it freaked the shit out of me, i thought my brains were gonna malfunction, i only had that once, while not in a trip but with my eyes closed... it also lasted only for half a second i guess. I will look into your post later as i'm in quite a hurry now.

Thanks for all your posts guys, i'm glad i'm not the only one and other people understand what i mean :) Comforts me and now i know im not gettin crazy or anything :p Also what Spacejunk says... its way better than music on MP3 or radio... there's just way more purity in it.

Thanks again guys, really appreciated.

I am so glad I finally was able to procure this stuff. I've never known anyone who has had dissociatives, and haven't tried it myself yet, I'm slightly apprehensive. Nevertheless, on my few sub-breakthrough trips on DMT I've heard music. Very foreign music. Not so much by the notes heard, but their intonation, timbre; somewhat of 'a mischievous plunking'. The word I came up with was 'grungka-lunka music', mechanical yet still organic. Somewhat different, but when hiking the past few times, after a few hours pass and everything becomes trance-like or droning, music kind of materializes in my head (I hike on pot . I wish I was free enough in my own mind to vocalize these tones and tunes; I find it much easier to recall them if I can hear myself make them. Like mental notes that are made aloud improve recall. Anyway, I'm mega excited to try this stuff out now!

Me too! I've made the best music I've ever heard while tripping on MXE, with a light show that moves with it too! Hot damn its like going to a rave on an alien planet
This capacity is not really surprising, although the results often astound me. I worked as a VJ (video jockey) at raves and electronic music events for many years, so it's all pretty well hard wired in my brain.
It's exciting to hear that others are having the same experience!

I call it "my inner DJ" which manifests on MXE.

He takes existing music and resamples it to fit the visions, it resamples words of lyrics to convey messages, it lets voices of people I know speak things they never said that support the experience, it completely synthesizes music from scratch, as is the topic of this thread. Yes, usually its modern electronic music. Trance, Trap, that sort of thing. But it can be anything, even nasheeds. Thats why I insist my fellow trippers dont use their iPod on MXE journeys, and let the music be handled by their inner DJ. (s)he knows exactly whats right, when its right.

If I could convey the inner music to mp3 I'd be a celebrated musician, the music is astonishing in quality and novelty. Often whole new genres.

Once again Asante, you take the words right out of my mouth.

My friend is a amateur music maker. Makes music with this software. He only does it on MXE, he can't do it sober. So there you go... MXE. /thread