• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ritalin Potentiation (caffeine, vitamins, etc.)

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
So, i got a prescription to Ritalin about a week ago. For the first few days it was awesome. A ton of energy, heightened attention to things, almost nonexistant social anxiety, i even enjoyed doing schoolwork, and coupled with euphoria it was awesome. But then after like 3 days that all went away and all i feel now could be described as calm (again), awake, and normal. Oh, and super tired when i don't take it for a day. Now don't get me wrong, i still love everything about these little pills (they're instant release 20mg generics btw. The white ones with the 20 on one side and the "M" on the other), it's just not AS great as it was the first few days. Now i knew this would happen and i was ready for it from the beginning but you know there are just those certain days when you do want a bit more energy than others.

Now, i'm generally more of the careful type when it comes to pharmaceuticals. I don't like to up my dose a bunch because i know it can sometimes be dangerous (depending on what you're taking but i know this doesn't apply to Ritalin) but it most definitely will up your tolerance to the drug nomatter what it is and that's not something i want. And i was thinking on doing an extraction of the methylphenidate to snort some but i can't seem to find anywhere to pick up some everclear where i live and it seems like a lot of work for a lowered yield. So what i've been trying to find is something, anything, that could possibly potentiate something like Ritalin or Adderall.

Is there anyone on here that has discovered anything to up the effects of these drugs? Possibly some sort of vitamin or something like caffeine. I was drinking some soda earlier that i dumped an energy shot into and was thinking maybe that would work if i crushed up a pill and put it in there. Or some coffee with extra caffeine. Or some Baileys irish cream liquor even.

Have any of you found anything that works?

Snorting or plugging methylphenidate is functionally the same as taking more via oral route, so that will raise your tolerance unless you reduce your dose accordingly. Caffeine will potentiate it for obvious reasons but that will eventually lose its kick as well, and then you'll have a dependency on two stimulants at once.

Alcohol will synergize but not potentiate it. What little ethylphenidate that is made in your liver through transesterification is the wrong isomer so it is inactive. So you'll just functionally be drunk and stimulated.

The solution is to not take it Ritalin on a daily or multiple times a day basis, and let your body have a day or so of recovery if possible. Tolerance to the euphoric effects of methylphenidate builds pretty quickly and that's kind of unavoidable. That is the cold hard reality of the situation.

You could also start using it as directed, as a mental stimulant, rather than an euphoria inducing drug :)

Snorting or plugging methylphenidate is functionally the same as taking more via oral route, so that will raise your tolerance unless you reduce your dose accordingly. Caffeine will potentiate it for obvious reasons but that will eventually lose its kick as well, and then you'll have a dependency on two stimulants at once.

Alcohol will synergize but not potentiate it. What little ethylphenidate that is made in your liver through transesterification is the wrong isomer so it is inactive. So you'll just functionally be drunk and stimulated.

The solution is to not take it Ritalin on a daily or multiple times a day basis, and let your body have a day or so of recovery if possible. Tolerance to the euphoric effects of methylphenidate builds pretty quickly and that's kind of unavoidable. That is the cold hard reality of the situation.

You could also start using it as directed, as a mental stimulant, rather than an euphoria inducing drug :)

Yeah, when i mentioned snorting, i did mean that i was going to adjust my doses to be the same. I was just going to aim for that more intense, yet much shorter duration of effects.

And i don't mind the dependance on two drugs at once. Do you think the caffeine would give that rush of energy i'm looking for though?

Oh. My body has some sort of weird tolerance to alcohol then (and i only even drink any like once every 4 months) where i don't really get drunk off anything (or anything i've tried) so i guess that would be pointless then.

And i do take breaks between doses. I'm supossed to be taking two a day according to my doctor but i usually only take one a day before school and skip my afternoon dose (unless i'm craving more) and i've also been skipping weekends since i don't really have any need for stimulation when all i'm doing is posting on forums, editing photos, and watching South Park.

I guess what i mean when i say i'm looking for something to potentiate it would be i'm looking to get back what i felt on the first couple days. Maybe that's not really possible though. I guess i now know what everyone talks about when they say how addictive crack is. But i mean, there has to be something that can at least come close to replicating it if not fully.

And btw, i enjoy the jitters and paranoia some combinations can give so if anyone's holding back on certain recommendations for the sake of avoiding that, don't. Lol.

And i don't get a comedown at all either. Or maybe i do and just don't know the signs of the comedown but if i can't tell it's even happening, i guess it doesn't really make a difference whether i am or not does it. Haha

You should defiantly try snorting or parachuting.

Parachuting is when you crush up tabs (or dump caps) onto a single square of toilet paper.

Twist it up, then put it on the back of your tongue and swallow with water as quick as you can because the paper will start to dissolve on your tongue.

I prefer parachuting because after 3 years prescribed adderall and snorting it my nose got super fucked up, now i cant get high off anything if i snort it:( it sucksssss

you can't take ritalin everyday and expect to always get high, you'll get a tolerance

if a 20mg pill gets you going when eatin it, crush it up and snort it, comes up faster and hits you stronger (higher BA), just doesn't last as long.

hell, if you want to get high on ritalin snort 50-60mg imo. will get you a bit shaky for like 2 hours, it's fun. synergizes well with alcohol, but imo that's all there is to ritalin.

you can't take ritalin everyday and expect to always get high, you'll get a tolerance

if a 20mg pill gets you going when eatin it, crush it up and snort it, comes up faster and hits you stronger (higher BA), just doesn't last as long.

hell, if you want to get high on ritalin snort 50-60mg imo. will get you a bit shaky for like 2 hours, it's fun. synergizes well with alcohol, but imo that's all there is to ritalin.

You should defiantly try snorting or parachuting.

Parachuting is when you crush up tabs (or dump caps) onto a single square of toilet paper.

Twist it up, then put it on the back of your tongue and swallow with water as quick as you can because the paper will start to dissolve on your tongue.

I prefer parachuting because after 3 years prescribed adderall and snorting it my nose got super fucked up, now i cant get high off anything if i snort it it sucksssss

I'm waiting to do an extraction before i snort any. I don't want any binders or fillers in my lungs and nasal cavity.

And i would parachute it but i had been under the impression that there's no difference between parachuting and just normally swallowing the Immediate Release version of the pill. Wouldn't they both hit you just as soon and hard?

Have either of you ever tried it through sublingual or plugging? Because to me those sound like the safest non-prescribed methods without the materials for the extraction.

i've plugged, snorted, and ate these same pills many times and I tell you they get boring after the second one, no matter what. your tolerance starts building the moment you first feel the effects, and there's not much you can really do about it. it's deceptive in that it feels very euphoric the first time you take it but later on, an hour, 2, no matter how much more you do it never feels the same.

taking quality rhodiola rosea extract daily did potentiate it in my experience (Rhodiola r. is a proven MAOI-B inhibitor).

plugging this stuff is my route of choice.

Oh, i don't like MAOI's though.

And yeah, that's what i've been noticing. Gets less and less effective every time i take it. And i'm Already at the 20's so there's no way to go up anymore (unless i get switched to Adderall).

I guess i'll try plugging it sometime. Does it matter if i don't do the extraction though for that ROA? Because all that talc and stuff are what's keeping me from snorting it.

I saw a thread right here on bluelight about a dude extracting the ritalin from the pills, ethanol wash shit or smth... Could be useful for you, seemed pretty simple. But he said the crystals were fuckin tiny and not eyeball-able.

I found that Deplin, the brand name for L-Methylfolate Calcium, boosts Ritalin and Focalin VERY nicely. Unfortunately u need an Rx for Deplin, and since it's not considered a drug, but a medical food, insurance won't cover it. Anyways, any questions feel free to ask me. Hope this helped!

I like sublingual best for Rits. Sort of the increased euphoria of snorting but lasts longer.

...and that herbal moa-B inhibitor he mentioned is going to be nothing like gross, nonselective maoi s. Its going to really only affect dopamine. Its also likely very mild. Even kava is an mao-B inhibitor. Big diff between mao-a and b.

If you want a REAL potentiation of methylphenidate that works very well but I do not recommend because it interferes with it's metabolism is using a CES1 inhibitor like prozac as methylphenidate is metabolized into the inactive or barely active(debatable) carboxylic acid compound "ritalinic acid" which is MPH's major metabolite in fact for some ppl Ritalinic acid is found in higher amounts in the blood then MPH I believe. Only roughly 1-3% of L-MPH is absorbed as it's metabolized into ritalinic acid and interferes with D-MPH's metabolism. Trying this is something I strongly recommend against as L-MPH feels toxic when it's absorbed in significant doses. Ethanol is another choice and it ONLY potentiates with D,L-THEORO-METHYLPHENIDATE and will not with focalin(Dexmethylphenidate, D-theoro-MPH) as ethanol interferes with L-MPH and produces the metabolite L-EPH and thus interferes with the metabolism of D-MPH(this is all done at hCES1enzymes I believe CES2 might be involed I don't remember) and boosts it's blood plasma levels by upto 40%, this boost to D-MPH blood plasma levels are not seen in ppl who take only D-MPH.

@Seklo "Alcohol will synergize but not potentiate it. What little ethylphenidate that is made in your liver through transesterification is the wrong isomer so it is inactive. So you'll just functionally be drunk and stimulated." Ethylphenidate's small blood plasma levels as a result of hydrolysis of L-MPH then esterification are insignificant. And so are L-MPH's bloodplasma levels when taken alone or with ethanol. The potentiation is a result of a boost to D-MPH's bloodplasma levels as L-MPH is being even more metabolized then when taken without ethanol and thus less D-MPH is metabolized.

References:
1: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25303048
2: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20097249
3: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23104969