Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Nicotine Vaping & E-Cigs Thread

This is what I use:

1-130530113US54.jpg

The battery is 108.5x15x15mm and the tank on top is about another 50mm

Yes, look at the link I posted. You can adjust the voltage from 3.3v-5v in 0.1v increments or you can adjust the wattage from 6w-11w in 0.5w increments. It also has a built in short circuit (burn out) protector so you can never overload a coil, an ohm meter for measuring the resistance of the tank attatched, a puff counter, can display exactly how much battery is left. What's really good though is that it discharges the battery evenly over the course of it's life meaning you don't get a really strong toke when it's fully charged then decreasing power as the battery gets low.

Pretty nice little gadget. It's only a battery so regarding the BHO thing it would tepend on the tank you use I guess, but I don't see why not if you got the correct tank (what that might be I don't know).

synthetic cannabinoids vape perfectly in them if you add some to the tank with the liquid. also benzos. not sure about things like heroin and coke.....

Can you smoke any liquified narcotics throuth these e cigs (heroin and coke esp?)

I would have thought so very easily, just have to work outthe right dilution ratio. The vapourisation temperature of cocaine is extremely close to that of it's oxidisation temperature though iirc so that could be a difficult one.

I switch between a CE5 and a vivi nova (the CE5's slightly better i think). Can people give reccomendations of good e-liquid brands, vendors (if that's allowed) and flavours?

I find it a pain to find a flavour i like, and have never been confident to get more than 10ml bottles. I like to switch between tobacco-plus flavours (ry4, 555), and some fruity/sweet flavours (strawberry caramel etc) - tried brands like DV and XO (off libertyflights mostly) - but i've found them inconsistent, even from the same place (this is partly because my taste seems to morph over time). Anyone got know any obviously better-than-the-rest quality vendors/brands/flavous?

I want to get into mixing, but i'd like some consistent ready-made flavour as well for back up
Mad Vapes. It's pretty compared to some other sites I looked at and it comes in like 4 days. The only con is that they only have PG liquid.

Do the sourcing rules extend to legal items on this site? I can't remember.

Depends on the item I think. Legal items like OTC drugs would be a no-no but I've never noticed it being a problem if people link to things like vapourisers - there's a tonne of links to various vape/e-cig sites in the other thread. If it's a site which also sells legal highs (which a few do) that would obviously not be allowed. It is a bit odd that links to sites selling what are essentially legal highs are okay though. I don't think it's ever been questioned before so just kinda happened. I think I'd be tempted to argue that e-cigs count as HR material given the (presumed) greatly reduced risk of lung cancer and all those other lovely smoking related diseases.

Speaking of which, I was gifted an e-cig at the weekend. Not used it much yet cos don't have the cash to invest in any liquid but will be doing so from next week onwards. A brief trial run suggests it will stop me smoking actual cigs overnight though - am actually rather annoyed at having to smoke tobacco since the juice ran out and rather looking forward to being able to stop it and go back to vaping. I really did notice the difference in terms of feeling less bleurgh even with very brief use over a couple days.

That's a good move Shambles, it will save you a fortune in cash, as well as being far better for your health.

Should you go on to ever wish to quit smoking ecigs you will find it much easier to do than stopping smoking tobacco. I've stopped again today, and have literally had not a one even slightest of cravings, though i might get some brief cravings after i take my evening etiz before my evening meal and after the meal, and I'd be best not drinking anything tonight either as that will cause cravings too, so will have to be more or less completely sober apart from 2mg of etiz. 8(

Im currently trying to work on what causes me to fall foul of 'irrestible cravings', w/e they may be for, that sometimes come out of absolutely nowhere, and catch me off guard, days or weeks after having given up w/e is in question.

There's no evidence to suggest it makes giving up nicotine any easier at all.

In my personal experience it is a hell of a lot easier. There are simply NO physical cravings at all if you wake up one day and decide not to vape. If you start a day off vapeing then it would be torturous to stop part way through a day, as when the nicotine starts to leave your body after 40 minutes or so, it creates cravings for more.

I noticed it even the first day of using the thing that I could go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer without getting any cravings and even when I did crave they weren't that insistent. I actually barely used the thing but never once felt the need to smoke (aside from one cig first thing in the morning which I'm sure would change soon enough). Was also nice to get an actual "hit" of nicotine and be able to leave it at that. I used it more as I might use strong coffee - a lil pick-me-up now and then rather than something I'm at constantly.

In my personal experience it is a hell of a lot easier. There are simply NO physical cravings at all if you wake up one day and decide not to vape. If you start a day off vapeing then it would be torturous to stop part way through a day, as when the nicotine starts to leave your body after 40 minutes or so, it creates cravings for more.

Your personal experience does not necessarily generalise to everyone else though.

Pretty sure all of the research on nicotine replacement therapies that have been done show they either make no difference or the rate of quitting is actually lower with people who use a replacement therapy.

Pretty sure all of the research on nicotine replacement therapies that have been done show they either make no difference or the rate of quitting is actually lower with people who use a replacement therapy.

I'd be more interested to see research specifically on e-cigs and ease of quitting rather than clumping all 'nicotine replacement therapies' together. Im sure there is a vast difference between the gums, patches, and e-cigs. I know my own personal experience doesnt necessarily apply to every one else, but i dont think im really all that different from anyone else.

I have tried the gums as a place i used to work temporarily banned smoking breaks, and they were as strong as fuck. With the e-cigs because the hit is instant its easier to gague precislely how much nicotine you feel that you need, and it is often far less than the equivalent of a complete tobaccco cigarette or roll up. After i had switched to e-cigs i found that a whole ciggie was far too much nicotine all at once and would make me feel really quite ill.

^from anecdotal reports, most people seem to say that e-cigs are much easier to quit with than standard NRT, and much much better for getting off fags in the first place. This is probably down to how e-cigs can much better satisfy the non-nicotine part of the addiction (something in your hands/mouth to fiddle with; social ritual; proper 'smoke' to blow out - those crappy inhalor things don't come close). And even if you never give them up nicotine isn't that bad for you without burning (bad for blood pressure and such, like any stimulant) - i think the nhs website says it's 1000x times safer than smoking (saying more about how dangerous smoking is rather than how safe vaping is).

I think this will show up in research (or already has), but at the moment there are big interests intersecting against these things (tobacco/pharma(cancer and NRT divisions)/taxman), so it's unsurprising that the research isn't being done much, or cherry picked to show issues that aren't there - i kept reading a while ago 'they're bad cos they've got carcinogenic nitrosamines in them'; when i looked further it turns out that, yes they've got a very small amount of these nasties in them, but it's in exactly the same amount as exists in regular nicotine therapy products (i guess because they source the nicotine the same way).

Shambles: well worth getting on it - i haven't given up tobacco particularly, i just prefer ecig to a rolly, but i definitely notice some improvement in my lungs/fitness, and it doesn't take long before you can smell the stinky smokers - plus after the initial splurge of trying shit out, it's saved me loads of money.

To me there is a noticeable difference between the hit from a fag and an e-cig - luckily, the bits that are missing for me are the things i don't like: like when i smoke a rolly in a fag break, if i decide to have a second one, half way through i get nausea and stomach discomfort. I can puff on an e-cig much longer without getting that (it's certainly possible to have too much nicotine from them and feel a bit hot and swimmy - doesn't happen often though). I think it might be to do with Harmine being in tobacco (i think) - a potentiator of the nicotine, but also a sort of drug in itself (i don't miss it in the e-cig though).

Great post Vurtual, thanks.

The bastard cravings did kick in slightly this evening, but have only been fleeting. Its not as if im feeling in any pain, misery, or even the slightest discomfort. Just the occasional feeling of 'it would be nice to have a few hits of nicotine'. As day 1 is allways the worst, and it has been a complete peace of piss i just need to work on staying stopped now.

It's taken me about 28 years of smoking on and off and i still havent figured out how to stay stopped. Next time i get a particularly strong craving i have been advised to pratctice 'midfulness' and let the cravings come and go, at least wait half an hour before giving in, and see if i can figure out what caused them in the mean time. Doubtless this is easier said than done, but at this stage im prepared to try to give that a proper go next time. This problem doesnt only apply to nicotine, it applies to many potentiallly addictive substances, but solving the thing for one substance may possibly be a transferrable solution, applicable to all substances that are sometimes more in control of me, than i am of them, which has never been a state that i have been very comfortable with.

Just ordered an Innokin iClear 16d and a Kangertech Mini Protank 3:

5pc_innokin_iclear_16d_bdc_clearomizer.jpg

original-kanger-mini-protank-3-huge-vapor.jpg

Both drip fed bottom dual coil units. Will report back as to what they are like tomorrow hopefully.

C'est arrive!

They both seem to be an advance on a wick fed unit. The iClear 16d is pyrex which I wasn't expecting, so both tanks seem to be very similar in action and fabrication, but the 16d is almost half the price.

Will see how they pan out in the long run.