Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-aco-dmt @53mg, dissatisfaction.

Yidam

Greenlighter
4-aco-dmt @53mg, first psychedelic, dissatisfaction.

last night I have taken my first psychedelic ever, after stumbling on 4-aco-dmt fumarate (from a trustable vendor). My drug experience has been limited to weed for the most part. I was aware that 50mg+ is considered very high for a first timer(I'm also 160lb, 5'10), but I figured I want this to be a mind shattering experience, seeing stories about people seeing entities and awesome hallucinations on half that dose but what I got was completely different.

Setting: my dark messy room

T+0.5

The effects came on pretty quickly, which was surprising since I thought it'd take some time at least, first thing that happened was paranoia, I was scared of the window and jerky motor functions. I was scared of the open window so i struggled to get up and close it (the room was also dark)

T+30m

Listening to the music, crawled up on my bed, some psychological effects are there, blurry vision

T+1h-2.5h

The effects have peaked (onset probably came quickly because I was fasting) I started seeing some fractals on the wall, fractals all over the walls in my bedroom, even in the dark, i closed my eyes and could see some closed eye hallucinations, but not really that visual. It was because of the music i'm listening to mostly, it was supposed to alter your brainwaves.

Then the trip took a very dark side, my body was jerking and convulsing constantly, so i crawled up on my bed with my arm between my legs and whenever I close my eyes i saw fractals of skulls and skeletons (similar to the ones in the mexican festival of the dead) I was scared at this point and all i was thinking was "I want to go back", even remembered what terence mckenna said about DMT, and how he always wants to go back midway in the trip.

I was then struck by an immense force, or a microseizure, not sure which. It's something that happens to me from time to time normally whenever I am in excess awe, sort of speak, but this one was different, it was far more powerful than the ones i normally get. It started at my feet, this immense force, an energy that I felt was almost dragging me or pulling me down, then it moved to my waist and after that it reached my head and all my music turned into a blurry noise and he fractal vision was shattered, this happened to me twice. At each time I was hoping this would be my break through but it didn't happen. Felt extremely depressed at the time aswell.

T+3h

No more visuals, closed or otherwise, but I was still convulsing abit and had some nausea, i was disappointed because I expected much more. I struggled to stand up, go to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and was surprised to see everything in HD, now I understand what Shulgin said when he talked about seeing colors for the first time on mescaline, it was very odd. I also realised that I had completely lost my ability to speak, I simple could not string together sentence or even words coherently and all of this and my pupils were not fully dilated so I'm guessing this was not a 100% strength trip

T+4h

Able to walk and talk now, (abit messy though) euphoric mood, laughter. snuffed 15mg, did nothing. Thinking about trying 100mg next trip (heroic dose, I am aware), or 75mg with rue because this really didn't go the distance for me.

Last edited:
You may have had too much. 50+mg is VERY high for a first trip. I would try less (30mg) before you try more, and when you try more, don't double your dose, go up to maybe 70mg (that is, if 30mg isn't better for you). Sometimes taking too high a dose can make the experience less profound because too many side effects get in the way and your brain can't keep up with everything. Also, tripping outside tends to provide me with my most profound and beautiful experiences, especially during a nice day (away from other people).

Also, wait at least a week to get rid of any tolerance.

Also, we don't allow sourcing here, so if you don't delete the source name you mentioned, a moderator will.

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to Bluelight, and welcome to tripping as well. :)

I only have 185mg left so I wanted to try the higher dose instead of wasting it on minor doses

Well you might end up having a rose experience if you go higher. I would serious try 30mg, and if that doesn't work, try 65, and then 90 (if needed). You shouldn't just go doubling an already high dosage. It's true there are some people who have taken 100mg but that's the most I've ever heard of anyone taking at once, and those were people who trip a lot and have tripped for years.

What's your opinion on taking rue before it? I'm thinking about IM'ing since it is fumarate bit I really have no idea how to even begin with that.

Also is it possible to have a breakthrough on 4-aco-dmt? I'm planning to extract dmt Anyhow bit I'm just wondering.

It's possible, it won't be the same breakthrough as with DMT. But I actually find 4-AcO-DMT to be more similar to DMT than it is to 4-HO-DMT.

I would wait to do the rue with it, get a good feel for 4-AcO-DMT on its own first. You said this is your first trip on anything, right? You have to start a little slower than rushing right into MAOIs and doubling an already large dosage and IMing. :) You need to have a full trip on an oral dose first, so you can see how you react to that type of experience. Jumping straight to 100mg or taking an MAOI might throw you way farther into psychedelic territory than you want to, and without prior experience you could have a very bad time or even cause yourself harm.

substance, dose, SET and SETTING.

(for the sake of harm reduction: I've tripped hundreds of times but I'd never ever consider taking 50+mg of 4-aco without a damn good reason and careful preparation. this is way too much. 20-25mg is a strong but reasonable dose for a beginner. 30mg should be "serious" no matter the experience level - "break through"(= full immersion)-territory begins here. you might consider 100mg or a MAOi when you just learned you have terminal cancer or something of a similar magnitude. tryptamines are no joke. you do not want to learn this the hard way.)

Haha so you almost seized up and you want to up the dose and/or add an MAOI to the mix? Not a very smart move, listen to xorkoth and try lowering your dose to 30-35mgs before upping the dose. Like he said high doses cause alot of sensory overload which can detract from the trip... 30mgs will have most people tripping balls, even experienced users...

Then the trip took a very dark side, my body was jerking and convulsing constantly, so i crawled up on my bed with my arm between my legs and whenever I close my eyes i saw fractals of skulls and skeletons (similar to the ones in the mexican festival of the dead) I was scared at this point and all i was thinking was "I want to go back", even remembered what terence mckenna said about DMT, and how he always wants to go back midway in the trip.

53 mg gave you this and you're thinking about trying 100 mg. I'm not intending to be insulting so I will only say that 100 mg is not a heroic dose (but something else). Take the advice others have given. Work you way up and find a sweet spot, and then adjust up if necessary. I'll only ask you one question; what makes you think the dose response is going to be linear?

I've found 4-AcO-DMT a fantastic substance; started at 10 mg and worked my way up.

Tom

What's your opinion on taking rue before it? I'm thinking about IM'ing since it is fumarate bit I really have no idea how to even begin with that.

Also is it possible to have a breakthrough on 4-aco-dmt? I'm planning to extract dmt Anyhow bit I'm just wondering.

I have a lot of experience with Syrian Rue & 4-AcO-DMT, and let me tell you, they synergize very well.
It's very, VERY different from an N,N-DMT experience. I would describe my Aya- exp. by saying the underlying feeling was described as "perfect", "this is a perfect buzz", I found myself saying every half hour.

That said, I prefer the more 'entheonautic' experiences, and those for me, are always brought on by 4-AcO-DMT.
By that I mean, I feel as though I could feel 'god' or the unknown. With N,N-DMT, the body becomes a housing unit for wonderment, while the same applies to the mind in regards to 4-AcO-DMT.

Now, adding the Rue to the 4-AcO-DMT, really brings out it's 'colours'. I've never found it very visual experience, no matter the dosage (you took way too much btw imo), and thus stuck to 25-35 mg, for a psychological breakthough. But smoking even 1 bowl of Rue, or making a brew really excites the visual spectrum.

Highly recommended.

...Nevertheless, since this was your very first psychedelic experience, I STRONGLY, strongly recommend trying a 25-30mg dose of 4-AcO-DMT by itself first. Don't start adding MAOIs and stuff until you get a real feel for psychedelics on their own (as we already said).