Welcome to the Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 2

zn5WURI.png
JCF9zQs.png

AL-LAD vs. LSD
formula = 6-allyl-6-nor-lysergic acid diethylamide

<< GO TO PREVIOUS BIG & DANDY AL-LAD THREAD (PART 1) >>

2h69afk.png

Description:

AL-LAD is an alkenated / alkylenated analogue of (6-nor-)LSD, or differently put a 'homologue' of DMT, that has a slightly lower potency in practice and somewhat shorter duration of effects than LSD although it showed higher potency in theory. It gained recognition after Alexander Shulgin described the substance in the book TIHKAL, although David Nichols and Albert Hofmann described AL-LAD 12 years before that in an article. However until recently AL-LAD has not been known to have been available on the market.
Because it is not an alkyl analogue it bypasses UK drug analogue laws. In this early stage of availability on the market AL-LAD is quickly gaining popularity, having a lot of the virtues of LSD and even advantages over it, although opinions and reactions always vary as per YMMV.
Until recently history of use in humans was quite limited, and positive reports do not guarantee physical safety. If it has remotely the therapeutic index LSD has it should be considered physically quite safe, but has not yet been proven, as far as I know.

AL-LAD Blotter Print (depicting structural formula / name):

NSFW:

ClDAp.jpg
TqdCvSx.png

Ehrlich Reagent Test Color Results:

NSFW:

0U49wlHm.png
ZaLpEGam.png

Wiki & Analysis Data:

NSFW:

Brief overview - What is AL-LAD?

AL-LAD novel hallucinogenic developed originally by David E. Nichols and popularized by Alexander Shulgin. It closely resembles LSD in chemical structure and has very similar dosages and effects.
Chemical and physical properties

AL-LAD is a 6-alkylated analogue of nor-LSD. (mod edit: the allyl group is an alkenyl, not an alkyl, because of the double bond)
Effects

Effects can be felt within a quarter hour to an hour or more. Physically the experience can include a warm body high, elevated heart rate and increased energy. Visually the effects are similar to that of LSD (depending on the individual). Users often report euphoria and music enhancement. Some users report a merge between audio and visual aspects of the experience.
Pharmacology, toxicity and general safety

DOSAGE : 80 - 160 micrograms +.
DURATION : 6 - 8 hours.
Very little is known at this stage about the toxicity of AL-LAD and potential long-term effects. As with any RC, caution should be exercised. No deaths or hospitalizations have been reported due to it's usage so far (august 2013) there is no data for lasting negative physical effect.
AL-LAD is every bit as much as potent as it's sister molecule LSD and should be treated with equal respect. This chemical is a powerful psychedelic and the effects are mostly mental/visual. Most online reports have been positive with no complaints of negative physical effect after the experience has ran its course.
Bad trips are always possible with almost any psychedelic and AL-LAD is no exception, with reports mentioning things becoming much too intense and 'cartoon like' at higher dosages. Always make sure you know how much you are ingesting and do so in a safe environment where you feel comfortable. NEVER ingest a psychedelic if you will be working or driving.
There scarce data regarding the combination of AL-LAD and other substances. Combination with MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) carries the same risk as with many other psychedelics, however since this combination has not been documented it can NOT be recommended at this point.
Dosages and consumption methods

AL-LAD is easily dissolved onto blotters or can be taken in suspension, held under the tongue or on the gum and cheek. Anecdotal reports mention this compound being active orally, unlike LSD itself. A mild dose can be as low as 80 micrograms, with a intermediate dosages around 150-200 micrograms. Higher dosages have been reported up to 300 and 400 micrograms.
History of usage

There is not a much credible data because of the scarcity of this compound, however Alexander Shulgin has written an extensive report of his own self experimentation in TIHKAL entry #1.

Analysis of AL-LAD

Al_lad_spectra.jpg

2h69afk.png

AL-LAD Trip Reports sorted by ascending dosage:

External Links:

2h69afk.png

Excerpt from TIHKAL Entry:

TIHKAL said:
#1. AL-LAD

SYNTHESIS: To a solution of 66 mg nor-LSD (see under ETH-LAD for its preparation) in 2 mL freshly distilled DMF under a nitrogen atmosphere, there was added 48 mg anhydrous K2CO3 and 30 mg allyl bromide. When TLC analysis indicated that the nor-LSD had been consumed (30 min) all volatiles were removed under a hard vacuum. The residue was solubilized in CHCl3 (5x5 mL) and the pooled extracts dried over anhydrous Na2SO4 which was remove by filtration. The filtrate removed under vacuum leving a residual white solid. This was separated into two components by centrifugal chromatography (alumina, CH2Cl2, nitrogen and ammonia atmosphere), the first of which was the major product. After removal of the solvent, this was dissolved in hot benzene, filtered and cooled. The addition of hexane prompted crystallization of AL-LAD (N-allyl-nor-LSD) as a white crystalline product weighing 66 mg, yield 88%. It had a mp of 88-90°C and an [a]D + 41.8 (c 0.44, EtOH).

DOSAGE : 80 - 160 micrograms

DURATION : 6 - 8 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS : (with 50 µg) "I am aware in twenty minutes, and am into a stoned place, not too LSD like, in another hour. I would very much like to push higher, but that is not in the cards today and I must acknowledge recovery by hour eight."

(with 80 µg) "I had a mild effect, although the doors to my repressed feelings somehow really become opened up. There was nothing transcendental here, but there were moments where I felt a conscious separation from the world about me. None of the profound meanings that I had hoped to have explained were explained."

(with 150 µg) "I felt it in less than a quarter hour, and was shooting up past a +++ in another quarter hour. Fast. Just like LSD but without the vaguely sinister push. A little time slowing, randy, no body disturbance. Dropping at six hours and totally tired and going to sleep at twelve hours. I will repeat."

(with 150 µg) "Simply beautiful. Erotic and music absorption after second hour. Clear thinking with superb imagery and good interpretation. Easy, gentle sleeping. Next day -- serene, clear-thinking peacefulness. One of the best materials ever."

(with 160 µg) "I took 160 ug at 11 AM on an empty stomach and lay down to listen to a hypnotic relaxing tape, with eye shades and headphones. The onset was very gradual over two or three hours. There was some visual distortion similar to LSD, but mild. I decided that this was about as intense as it was going to get, so I lay down in the living room with the others. The experience continued to intensify over the next hour in intermittent waves. I had to verify that I was actually in a physical room rather than in the music I was hearing. There was never any fear or panic, but I chose to retreat to a private place for the next couple of hours. Soon I started to feel worse and I tried to gain some insight and relief from my negative attitude. I prayed, and I cried, and I began to feel calmer and had more positive thoughts as to how to deal with the others, but I was still afraid to go out into the group. I was afraid that my hopelessness would bother them but I eventually went back out at about the five hour point and the rest of the day was spent pleasantly and smoothly. I took 2.5 g of L-tryptophan to sleep, and I slept well, waking twice."

(with 160 µg) "I pretreated myself with 40 milligrams of inderal 40 minutes beforehand, took the AL-LAD, and went to bed with eye-shades and ear-phones. There was a very slow onset. The effects were best described as very short bursts of loss of contact with my body, which became increasingly intense and frequent as things progressed. It became really trippy, like acid. There were no visuals with my eyes closed, but when I removed my eye-shades the floors were melting, and the wall patterns and the wood ceiling really flowed. My body felt very blob-like, and I had to get help from my sitter to get up so I could pee. I was very affected by music. There was a very long down-ramp, with physical excitation appearing to linger longer than psychic excitation. Pretty much out of it by 12 hours and I felt well the next day."

(with 200 µg) "This was taken on the tail end (seventh hour) of an MDMA experience. I felt it quickly, but it never got to a super level. Complicated erotic, good talking, looked pretty stoned, and yet I still had cognitive integrity."

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: This is one of the several very potent compounds in a large series of 5-alkylated analogues of nor-LSD. Most of them proved to be less potent than LSD, and considerably less dramatic. The Inderal mentioned in one of the comments is a trade name for propranolol, an antihypertensive that reduces nervousness.

A comment is appropriate concerning the use of the prefix "nor," as in the name of this material N-allyl-nor-LSD and of its immediate precursor, nor-LSD. Its exact meaning is that there is an alkylated nitrogen atom somewhere that has lost an alkyl group. The original term is from the German phrase "N-ohne-Radical" meaning N (the nitrogen) without the radical (meaning the alkyl group). The removing of the N-methyl group of LSD to form the N-H counterpart is a text book example of this usage. Unfortunately its use has slopped over to embrace the removal of an alkyl group from a heteroatom of any sort. Recently I learned of a metabolite of ibogaine that has lost a methyl group from the indolic oxygen atom (a methoxy has become a hydroxy) and the compound was called noribogaine. The correct term, to retain the use of the parent ibogaine word in its name, would have been desmethyl ibogaine. The removal of something is usually indicated with a "de-" or a "des" prefix ahead of the item that has been lost, as in deoxy (or desoxy) ribonucleic acid, DNA, which is ribonucleic acid (RNA) missing an oxygen atom.

Last edited:
Great work with that post Sol, looks well good & very informative. I get to be the first to reply, do I?

Plans to bring Al-Lad back to the market are still afoot. We've known this for some time, but unfortunately, that's all we've got to add to keep hope alive for now. Keep listening for proper news!

You might realize, but it's a re-post of the first post of the original AL-LAD thread. Still, good post for sure. :)

I sure do hope I get to try this. I'd like to try it at a regular dose and a high dose.

You might realize, but it's a re-post of the first post of the original AL-LAD thread. Still, good post for sure. :)

I sure do hope I get to try this. I'd like to try it at a regular dose and a high dose.

I didn't actually, it's obviously been sometime since I looked at the beginning of the thread...

I'm sure you'll get to try it, & I'm surprised you as yet have not!

edit - Just noticed something else too. That the Al-Lad tab with the bit cut out is mine, & the reagent results on the left, the one with the control results also in the pic, that's where that little bit I cut out of the tab went. Great posting these results because it illustrates that, provided the test kits are used quickly & properly, a result can be attained using far less material than needed to trip on! I would hope this might help encourage people to test their tab even if they had only one tab.

Using a similar sized piece of LSD blotter & getting a dark purple result from ehrlich might also suggest a very high dose, something most of us would probably like to know in advance, I'm sure...

Last edited:
I will be submitting a trip report very soon!!! God I hope they synth more....I hope who evers making illicit LSD begins making al-lad and gets it out into the public :D

Curious if you guys can give me a comparison about al-lad vs Lsd at 150 ugs. in regards to visual intensity? IMO it was a little overwhelming visually...caught me off guard at 150 ug....but was awesome

Im really starting to wonder of they were laid unevenly....shit was intense!

Alan Ladd seems to be more intense visually than LSD - certainly 300 mics of Ladd will leave you barely able to make out the opposite side of the room for visuals.

I don't know if I would venture that far...maybe 22o next time :D if he ever stumble upon the magic lamp again that is. I felt that 150 ug was what I would expect at the equivelant dose of lucy....Ismene have you ever doses 300 ug of Lucy? Because I believe it would be insanely visual....I once had 500-700 ug but I wasn't coherent nor do I remember much....

Yeah I've dosed quite high on acid, got up to 5-600 mics but that was after I'd developed quite a bit of tolerance so it wasn't as earth-shattering as it would've been otherwise. I still think 300mics of aladdin would blow me away more than 300mics of acid. It doesn't seem to go up in a linear way - 300 mics of aladdin is massively greater than two-times 150mics.

I see......gpdammit its torture that ive had a taste ....and now I cant get it!

Yeah, I never even got to taste it and I can't get it. :(

I am planning to try 375ug of AL with about 100 ug of LSD tonight or tomorrow I'll let yall know how it goes!

Please do. :) And if you can, write a report, I haven't seen one on the combo.

I am planning to try 375ug of AL with about 100 ug of LSD tonight or tomorrow I'll let yall know how it goes!

You sure that's enough? :)

I tend to think the acid might get lost in the al-lad at that dose but if you've got enough acid on hand then good luck.

Any new "predictions" on whether it may be available soon again en masse?

No-one knows when the next batch is due if ever. But it's better to be optimistic than pessimist. It didn't go that quickly last time - you could still get it for about 6 months or more.

I don't post much... But I got to say AL-Lad is a winner @ 1 1/2 to 2 hits... I hope it comes back as well, must stock up... I like it because it is a much shorter duration then LSD with lots of euphoria and visuals, but it wont replace LSD in my book, it's missing something but not much.... I am adding this to my magical 5 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.