• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Recreational chocolate! :)

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
There may have been a thread about this at some point, but a cursory search proves unfruitful, so here it is: the recreational chocolate thread.

Lately I've developed a taste for dark chocolate, and I have noticed that if enough chocolate is consumed, the food elicits a surprisingly powerful stimulant high. For me, ~40 or 50 grams of 85% cacao dark chocolate is comparable to about 2 or 3 milligrams of methamphetamine HCl. Much stronger than a cup of tea. In fact it seems to have a lot in common with meth: it has a meth-like euphoria, which is totally lacking in caffeine, and I've also noticed that it gives me bodily "rushing" sensations that are reminiscent of amphetamines.

Maybe it depends on the type / brand of chocolate. I never noticed it until I started eating a particular brand of chocolate that has a very fruity, almost floral essence.

It's the one high that I don't really feel guilty indulging right now, so I've been enjoying it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
I think if chocolate felt like meth... you'd see a rash of people shooting up Hershey's bars.

In fact it seems to have a lot in common with meth: it has a meth-like euphoria, which is totally lacking in caffeine, and I've also noticed that it gives me bodily "rushing" sensations that are reminiscent of amphetamines.

Most people conveniently ignore the fact that caffeine is rather euphoric in moderate doses.

The amount of PEAs that are in a chocolate bar are insignificant at best and rapidly destroyed by dietary MAO, leaving expectation effects, flavonoids (chlorogenic acid), caffeine, and sugar...

I can see it on the news: Teens consuming large amounts of chocolate for a quick high.

The amount of PEAs that are in a chocolate bar are insignificant at best and rapidly destroyed by dietary MAO, leaving expectation effects, flavonoids (chlorogenic acid), caffeine, and sugar...

I don't think it's correct to attribute the effects to caffeine - AFAIK, chocolate has more theobromine than caffeine.

red-chocolate-bar
------->
I%2Bm%2Bso%2Bhigh%2Bright%2Bnow..%2BI%2Bcan%2Bt%2Bfeel%2Bmy%2Blegs_860306_3807264.jpg

^^

Nice. I looked that up. They have ones with 27% Whisky in them. Now that's my kind of chocolate.

I don't think it's correct to attribute the effects to caffeine - AFAIK, chocolate has more theobromine than caffeine.

You're right. Chocolate contains roughly 10x as much theobromine than caffeine. They're both xanthine alkaloids though, and share similar modes of action.

I've eaten blocks of dark chocolate at a time and I've never once experienced euphoria or stimulation.

It tastes fucking great, though.

I don't know, there's definitely something more to chocolate than placebo and the xanthines.

I used to crave the semi-sweet baking squares when I was depressed and within 30 minutes of eating just one of them (I think there were 8 in a pack), I came out of my depression and had a pleasant buzz going on.

This was long before I knew about any purported psychoactive effects of chocolate, it was just something that I did on my own when I was depressed and it worked quite well. The only other substance I've ever had that was as effective for depression was aMT which was obviously a much stronger effect but took much longer to come on and of course had the side effect/side benefit (depending on how you look at it) of being a powerful psychedelic drug. I've been on most things for depression other than TCAs, tianeptine, and SNRI medications and taken who knows how many herbal remedies and chocolate was the only one that worked so quickly. At the very least, there is a strong synergy with the compounds in dark chocolate.

I can't do it anymore though. Caffeine in any amount triggers a panic reaction in me now. Adrenals are fried. Kind of sucks, it was a nice way to spend the afternoon. :p

Maybe your just senstive to xanthine derivatives.

I am now but I wasn't previously. I used to drink 12 shots of espresso a day and a pot or so of coffee a day (more when we had our Jack Daniels and coffee nights when I was a teenager), it wasn't until I started doing ecstasy that I became friend and sensitive.

I am now but I wasn't previously. I used to drink 12 shots of espresso a day and a pot or so of coffee a day (more when we had our Jack Daniels and coffee nights when I was a teenager), it wasn't until I started doing ecstasy that I became friend and sensitive.

That is so weird... I experience the exact same thing. I used to drink LOTS of coffee, at least a pot a day. And not the starbucks stuff. Coffee that could peel the paint of the wall =D Energy drinks by the gallon too. I used to be able to drink huge amounts without feeling anything but after I started using MDMA I feel wired when I drink 3-4 cups of strong coffee. I never mentioned this to anyone because to me it seems insignificant but I am absolutely positive my sensitivity to caffeine skyrocketed after I started doing MDMA...

Maybe because compared to MDMA you realized what an uncomfortable relatively unrewarding stimulant high, high dose caffeine provided? Ik I began taking much lower doses of caffiene after I met amphetamines.

That would mean caffeine influenced me in some way before I started doing MDMA, which isn't the case. I could climb into bed after drinking HUGE amounts of caffeine and just fall asleep. I didn't feel any influence of caffeine in any way, no euphoria, no feeling of being wired, no jitteriness, no increased alertness or focus, nothing. And that changed when I started doing MDMA, now I definitely feel the effects of even a relatively (to what my normal doses used to be) small dose of caffeine. It's more than just a psychological phenomenon...

I just wanted to add that dark chocolate although as about a safe as you can get for drug use, does have side effects in high doses.
When your taking a drug orally (and if its tasty.lol) its could be easy to over-do it and make yourself sick.
Also, keep it away from pets!.lol