• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What The Best Benzo for social anxiety?

duffboy

Greenlighter
I'm with clonazepam 0.25 but not doing much effect to be very weak, in fact only the first pill was 100% effective, it is q I keep on clonazepam or change for another? (Sorry for my english)

This is the one type of anxiety I find benzos almost completely useless against. For me they work for everything but this. I do however get lots of relief from both gabapentin and pregabalin. Anyway I think Alprazolam would be a better bet than clonazepam.

phenibut works better for my social anxiety than benzos tbh..benzos help somewhat but side effects cancel the little relief they give..

You should speak to your doctor about what medication options you have available for your current issue.

RC= pyrozalam (works subtly, and you remain functional)

Gabapentin, lyrica. Both work, but might make you a little 'drunk'' for the first few days you take it.

Klonopin

I would strongly advise against you using phenibut for anxiety. You will quickly become dependent on it and the WD are very similar to benzo WD.

Talk to your doctor and tell him it's not really helping your anxiety. .25mgs is a really weak dose. Also xanax would probably help more for social anxiety, but like any benzo it's a slippery slope and slightly more addictive if I remember correctly. You could always try to get through it without medication but only you know how bad your social anxiety is. I have social anxiety too but also just general anxiety and take 2mgs of xanax per day. It helps, but I'll probably always be taking it because when I don't my anxiety comes back 10 fold. Also something to consider if you're planning on long term use.

Klonopin

I would strongly advise against you using phenibut for anxiety. You will quickly become dependent on it and the WD are very similar to benzo WD.

u recommend klonopin but not phenibut?both are addictive and dependance is often a problem..

all the SSris have been almost useless..

Gabapentin, lyrica. Both work, but might make you a little 'drunk'' for the first few days you take it.

Just to briefly clarify neither of those are benzodiazapines but belong to a small class of anticonvulsants used primarily for neuropathic pain and various mood disorders.

Gabapentin is the only medicine I've used that's been consistently effective with minimal side effects.

I'm with clonazepam 0.25 but not doing much effect to be very weak, in fact only the first pill was 100% effective, it is q I keep on clonazepam or change for another? (Sorry for my english)
u

You've already received some pretty solid advice so far so the only point I need to stress here is that benzos are always addictive when used daily. I mean really addictive. I'm speaking from the experience that's forever rooted itself inside the deepest caverns of the most abhorred nightmares one could possibly imagine. They are never a practical treatment for chronic anxiety. PRN (as needed) doses for acute anxiety are generally considered safe for periods not exceeding a few weeks at the most. If you have problems moderating your medicine responsibly I'd personally endorse using gabapentin or lyrica they've been the most versatile tools in my arsenal.

Interestingly enough gabapentin proved the only drug capable of lessening the symptoms while you're going through a lengthy protracted w/d lasting anywhere from 3 months to 2 years for more severe cases. Keep in mind that obviously your mileage may vary.

Phenibut should not be used to treat a medical condition if you can avoid it. The same goes for other drugs of that type, baclofen, ghb and other GABA-B agonists of this type.

I really do not know how the addiction, but I prefer to live dependent on a drug to not feel anxiety. even if not 100% better.

and as tolerance, these remedies take more or less how long to I hardly feel the effects more?

I really do not know how the addiction, but I prefer to live dependent on a drug to not feel anxiety. even if not 100% better.

many people have said the same thing and end up with massive benzo habits and rebound anxiety that occurs..seems only a few are able to take benzos long term for anxiety and have it maintain its effectiveness without resulting in other problems..

That would be a reasonable position to take if these drugs were sustainable. They are not.

Not only will you eventually develop tolerance withdrawal simply by being on the same dose after a number of years, but you'll be riddled with a number of symptoms far scarier than your initial anxiety ever was. Night terrors, insomnia, myoclonus, akathisia, sever joint and muscle pain, fatigue, morbid depression, etc etc.

Benzos will always be a bandage. They throw a mask over your anxieties for a little while but the crutch rapidly disintegrates.

I'm speaking personal experience I've just recently celebrated my 6th month free of any benzodiazapines and only NOW is my cognition returning, my lust for beauty, culture, knowledge, information etc all are returning. I hadn't realized how seriously benzos affected my cognition until recently it's astounding. Like night and day.

I obviously don't know you very well nor do I know what you're suffering, but unless you're bogged down in panic attacks every time you see your own shadow, you shouldn't submit to a life that's dependent on those pills.

Especially since you've mentioned that klonopin isn't working very well in the first place.

My anxiety is not very strong all the time, but in some moments not to endure, what u recommend me medicine for my problem that you can use long term ,or does not exist?

these symptoms that you described, terror, insomnia, muscle pain etc ... are for drug withdrawal or while u taking this?

My anxiety is not very strong all the time, but in some moments not to endure, what u recommend me medicine for my problem that you can use long term ,or does not exist?

it depends on the person and the events that cause anxiety..some people claim great success with paxil or other ssris but ive never really got much at all from them but shitty side effects..when it comes to meds its a very 'hit or miss' type thing...sometimes it can take years of tweeking and trying different meds to find the right one..

these symptoms that you described, terror, insomnia, muscle pain etc ... are for drug withdrawal or while u taking this?

Withdrawal. Lets say you find 1mg clonazepam to be perfect for you, eventually that 1mg is no longer working so you bump it up to 1.5mg then 2mg then 3mg and so on. Now you find that you need a heroic dose just to feel "normal". What happens when your heroic dose is no longer working and your doctor refuses to up your dose or worse yet cuts you off?

Like the others have suggested maybe try adding pregabalin (Lyrica) it either potentiates benzos or creates a strong synergy with them.

Last edited: