• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What The Best Benzo for social anxiety?

^It depends on both. The stronger and shorter lasting benzo, the harder the WD. But you can also have severe WDs with a less potent benzo if your doses are higher (or through the roof).

Diazepam for me. It gives me the smoothest effect I want against anxiety. Xanor makes my personality change too much.

I'm off it now although.

Diazepam for me. It gives me the smoothest effect I want against anxiety. Xanor makes my personality change too much.

I'm off it now although.

Ime, xanax is harsh & changes my personality as well. Valium is long lasting & does the job right IMO.

I ended up received clonazepam liquid, 2.5 mg / ml, it is weaker than the pill? is stronger than the sublingual?

I ended up received clonazepam liquid, 2.5 mg / ml, it is weaker than the pill? is stronger than the sublingual?

The liquid isnt anymore potent dose for dose, then the tablets but it will absorb quicker.
You can still use it sublingually, just hold the liquid under your tongue.
Id imagine that it might be more effective that way.

Etizolam is very effective IME.

Yeah, this and also pyrazolam. Mostly pyrazolam for me, though it takes a good 3 mg to be effective. ( true benzos are pretty hard to obtain over here). Of course, benzos aren't a cure for social anxiety; it's not a good idea to depend on them.

Honestly?

If you're gonna take a benzo for something that occurs as often as social anxiety - you might just be better of taking an opiate. I'm dead serious about that. Opiates will give you this incredibly chill euphoria that benzo's can't. Benzo's may be better anxiolytics overall, but opiates are way better for social anxiety in my opinion.

Why? Because things like Oxy and Hydro are chill, happy, content. "Everything is fine and the world is beautiful." You will feel amazing, and you will look amazing. Benzo's, mostly just make you feel sedated and groggy. Certain benzo's (such as Temazepam) do have some euphoric properties, but otherwise, Xanax? Not all that euphoric, and therefore, not all that great for social anxiety.

Opiates, on the other hand, are like taking a medium dose of MDMA with a medium dose of benzo's through in together (in terms of euphoria that is).

Klonopin in my opinion.

Diazepem if you prefer something milder.

As far as rcs: bromazepam is ideal in my opinion and rather similar to xanax. Most people like Etizolam which I would compare to klonopin. Diclazepam is very similar to diazepam and rather mild but effective.

RCs are a grey area in terms of legallity. They are very potent and if not properly researched could be fatal. It is unlikely but I cannot either condone or recomend it. If you are interested in RCs I highly suggest you read about them.

Benzodiazepines are easily aquired from a doctor if you have social anxiety or panic issues.

I strongly suggest going the legal route which is what I did.

I am receieving klonopin and it works well for me.

I am not giving any advice. This is strictly information.

I encourage everyone to be safe than sorry. It is important to also realize that benzos can cause you to blackout and impare your motor skills.

Vote for etizolam here. Relaxing in a way no benzo ever has been, can take 1-3mg a day for two weeks and stop for two weeks without the slightest problem (for me, but I generally only take 1-2 and not for any real psychological reason other than to relax).

I used to think I had a high tolerance to benzos, but etizolam has proven this to be wrong (I know... it's not technically a benzo). I'd take several 2mg bars (alprazolam/xanax) and always get shit faced but never feel calm, and think I wasn't high. 1mg of etizolam can be felt easily and is always great. It also seems to be far less likely to induce amnesia. I only experienced one blackout, and that was from a vendor sending 100mg when I ordered 10mg in PEG..... now that I've had powder form and a mg scale, no problem!

To be clear, it needs caution, breaks, and self control, and a mg scale. Self medication is highly recommended against (unless you're in a place where it's hard or impossible to receive honest psychological care).

Etizolam to me is similar to clonazepam, but safer (as RCs go) due to it's far shorter high life - which I like. I also find it less likely to produce amnesia/interrupt motor skills than clonazepam would. STAY AWAY FROM LONG LIVED RC BENZODIAZEPINES! Disasters can easily occur, even with the utmost caution. I'm looking at you phenazepam.

Four benzos are usually prescribed for the treatment of anxiety: alprazolam (brand name Xanax), clonazepam (brand name Klonopin), diazepam (brand name Valium), and lorazepam (brand name Ativan). The half life of a drug is the time it takes for blood levels of the drug to reach half of what they were initially. Unsurprisingly, half life is closely associated with how long a person feels the effects of a drug. Those drugs with a shorter duration of effects are notoriously more susceptible to abuse. In order of increasing half life: alprazolam (9 hours), lorazepam (15 hours), clonazepam (34 hours), diazepam (60 hours).

Accordingly, I would recommend either clonazepam or diazepam. I would advise that, among other adverse effects, long term use of benzodiazepines leads to irreversible cognitive damage. The best idea is to avoid using benzodiazepines altogether except in situations where anxiety is so severe that it impair your ability to function to a degree that, objectively, taking drugs would directly alleviate impaired functioning.

In other words, let's say one suffers a trauma and can't leave the house because one is so shaken up. Then, administering benzos for a short period would make sense because, although they don't address the underlying causes of anxiety, they MAY provide borrowed time to engage in necessary activities one wouldn't otherwise be able to engage in, while hopefully the person simultaneously improves his/her ability to cope with the trauma through other means (counseling, cognitive behavioral therapy, normal coping and adjustment, etc.).

Benzodiazepines are ineffective, taken for longer than several weeks in a row. Tolerance develops, shortly followed by addiction. To mitigate tolerance and dependence, one should use the minimum, effective dose and taper down or discontinue use intermittently; the best solution is to address the underlying anxiety by whatever normal (non-drug) means available.

for social anxiety i would say ethyl loflazepate, it doesn't make you drowsy at all, it's a bit like clorazepate (long half life) without the drowsy effect, oxazepam is another anxiolytic that ime is non-drowsy...
Xanax is good for "as needed" anxiety attacks
Valium is great for anxiety but is also a powerful muscle relaxer and will make you tired... i could go on

use benzos how many times per week at most to not appear tolerance?

Two to three days a week.

You can't really ask or answer this question without a specific substance mentioned.

There are benzos with 2-5 hour half lifes, and once with 200 hours. I guarantee if you take one with an extremely long half life 3 times a week tolerance will appear. And if you take a very short lived one in reasonably low doses twice a week it will be minimal.

Yeah you're right. Dunno why I answered that, wasn't thinking of metabolites or even half lives. My bad.