• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

White Sugar (glucose) Contaminate

Amphetafiendd

Bluelighter
I was pointed over to this forum as perhaps maybe you guys could offer some insight. So here is a repost of what i put up in the OD Forum.

My friend recently obtained a large quantity of meth (Ounce) which he said was of great quality. But his little sneak of a girlfriend decided to skim a gram off the top to make a little extra money and replace that gram with white sugar in the entire master bag the ounce was contained in. This small amount of sugar has completely tainted pretty much the entire bag. My friend only IV's the product but most of his friends are only interested in smoking the product.

I have been reading all over different sources online to help my mate out but there isn't really a method pertaining to sugar in particular. He may be able to save some of the large shards using tweezers and a quick dunk in a shot glass of acetone just to take off the outside containment coating (I know sugar wont dissolve in acetone but it will work nicely to help it fall off). What is the best method that he can use to wash the remainder down to salvage it.

On this thread http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/6...stalising-Meth if says if one would really want to clean it you would need to A/B but it doesn't mean if that is just for purification or it will remove the sugar and leave him with shard.

need to do acid base extraction, there's no solvent which will selectively dissolve the sugar and not the meth or vice versa

also table sugar is not glucose, it is sucrose

your best bet is to snort/plug/eat that meth

as a contaminant its not an issue via any route other than smoking. the hassle isn't really worth it considering its a benign cut

as a contaminant its not an issue via any route other than smoking.

Quite obviously, I wouldn't IV large amounts of sucrose.

ebola

need to do acid base extraction, there's no solvent which will selectively dissolve the sugar and not the meth or vice versa

Why wouldn't an a/b extraction work? Shouldn't the base be soluble in non-polar solvents whereas sucrose isn't?
And isn't Meth soluble in Methanol and Sucrose insoluble?

Last edited:
He suggested an a/b extraction in the material you quote.

ebola

sekio and ebola? and others are more knowledgeable than me and will doubtless tell me why this is wrong, but sucrose is apparently soluble in acetone linky, meth is not, so I would have thought that would do the job, and yeah, I would have thought methanol should also do the same, but as I say, I must be mistaken.

Quite obviously, I wouldn't IV large amounts of sucrose.

ebola

load of iv drugs are mixed with glucose in hospital. depends on the drug. if its a small cut in a mostly pure product i dont see the issue. because if you iv 100mg of meth thats lets say 80% meth and 10% sucrose (other 10 % of whatever) then its not all that much sucrose. the sucrose is probably less dangerous than the meth itself.

if you have link to info IV sucrose i'd be interested

Last edited:
Glucose and sucrose aren't the same. Also, I would be very, very suspicious about injecting sugar syrups, they sort of seem like the kind of thing a microorganism might be a fan of, and they're viscous, and sugar syrups don't always mix with water perfectly... I don't know much about this. ebola? has his reasons, I'm very sure.

poefacedhoe said:
load of iv drugs are mixed with glucose in hospital. depends on the drug. if its a small cut in a mostly pure product i dont see the issue.

Non-hydrolyzed sucrose inserted directly into the bloodstream is pretty atypical, and metabolism of even fructose depends on hepatic uptake. This is probably overly cautious, but iron sucrose injections (one of the few available points of comparison) are pretty stringently rate limited and have a pretty nasty side-effect profile (which I bet is mostly due to the iron ion). But you're probably right in that he's probably okay if the proportion of sucrose is relatively minor (even with dosage regimens typical in meth binges). If I were him, though, I'd err on the side of caution.

babylonboy said:
I don't know much about this. ebola? has his reasons, I'm very sure.

Heh, sometimes those reasons are slightly shaky, and sometimes I'm wrong. :p

ebola

sometimes I'm wrong
Oh god. If it's true, it's true, if it's false, it's true. My religious beliefs are going to need a reshuffle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but glucose would be kosher-ish IV, but sucrose is actually alien to the blood, usually would be broken down to simpler sugars by first-pass, yeah?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but glucose would be kosher-ish IV

With heavy emphasis on the "ish": you don't really want to prod the homeostatic mechanisms that maintain serum glucose levels that directly on a regular basis, but the body can hang with occasional insults, and the harm wrought is comparatively minimal.

sucrose is actually alien to the blood, usually would be broken down to simpler sugars by first-pass, yeah?

Well, the vast majority of enzymes that break down sucrose (particularly sucrase) are largely intestinal, so that's prior to first pass. But yeah, inserting sucrose directly into the blood is something I'd tread lightly.

ebola

Glucose and sucrose aren't the same. Also, I would be very, very suspicious about injecting sugar syrups, they sort of seem like the kind of thing a microorganism might be a fan of, and they're viscous, and sugar syrups don't always mix with water perfectly... I don't know much about this. ebola? has his reasons, I'm very sure.

I think this is a great point that's been mostly overlooked. Any solution prepared for injection in a hospital will be sterile, but your baggy off the street is potentially crawling with infectious agents, and the sugar will allow them to grow much more rapidly.

Well, the vast majority of enzymes that break down sucrose (particularly sucrase) are largely intestinal, so that's prior to first pass.
You are making use of a distinction of which I was not even aware. So, first-pass refers to hepatic metabolism, then? I just sort of thought of it as being any metabolism prior to a molecule entering the circulation.

Amphetafiendd, did they warn you when they sent you to post here that your thread would quickly turn into an abstract theoretical discussion with no relevance to your question? You want to watch for that, we'll do it to ya.

A strong NaOH or Na2CO3 solution ought to do the trick. Methamphetamine freebase isn't water-soluble IIRC. However this is a caustic liquid, and I have doubts about its safe use by amateurs. The resulting product would be so basic -- unless properly cleaned -- it could not be used safely by any route but smoking.

pofacedhoe said:
the hassle isn't really worth it considering its a benign cut

Since the sugar hasn't been cleaned for injection, it could harbor microorganisms, parts of insects, etc. Is it dirtier than street meth? Probably not, but we have no way of knowing.

If 100mg of methamphetamine are injected containing 1/28 = 3.5% sucrose, you get 3.5 mg of sucrose. That's probably not a dangerous amount. Of course people may inject much larger amounts of methamphetamine at which point it might become an issue.

A strong NaOH or Na2CO3 solution ought to do the trick. Methamphetamine freebase isn't water-soluble IIRC. However this is a caustic liquid, and I have doubts about its safe use by amateurs. The resulting product would be so basic -- unless properly cleaned -- it could not be used safely by any route but smoking.

For those participating in kitchen chemistry, how viable would you consider reaction to the acetate, citrate, or ascorbate? Would you consider 'industrial grade' (ie, the shit you'd find at a hardware store) muratic acid sufficiently pure to be 'safe' for manufacture of a salt for consumption?

That's probably not a dangerous amount. Of course people may inject much larger amounts of methamphetamine at which point it might become an issue.

Well, a binge spanning a whole gram would still be only ~35 mg / sucrose. However, would you expect the danger of IV sucrose to significantly increase when coupled with severe lack of caloric intake spanning multiple days?

ebola

Sorry for the late reply guys was away for work just got to sit down. I'm sorry but some of your ideas are going straight over my head. Doing an A/B in a solution of methanol seems to be the easiest approach. I usually wouldn't bother if it was a small amount but the product as it is in its current state is worthless if the general community can't smoke it (frustrating).

Could someone perhaps put their hand up and give me permission to PM them regarding the finer details of a successful A/B procedure?? Many thankyous to everyone :)

Why methanol, dude? Water. Add plenty of NaOH to your solution of meth and water solution, add toluene or naphtha or something, shake it up real nice, then separate the two layers (either with a tool of some sort, or by freezing it, the water layer will freeze and you can pour off the toluene). The toluene now has most of your meth in it, as the freebase. Keep the water you originally put the meth in to one side. To the toluene, add some hydrochloric acid/water, in a glass jar you have a good lid for, shake it up real, real nice, freeze it again. Separate again, pour the toluene back into the original mixture so you can repeat; if you're doing the freezing thing, then rinse the ice quickly with ice cold water to wash all the solvent away, pour this into the mixture of toluene/water/meth. Save the ice; when it melts, pour it onto a big flat tray or dish to let the water evaporate. When it does, it will leave you with a crystalline residue. This is methamphetamine hydrochloride. It'll be little flaky crystals, if you want big crystals that can happen, but that's a whole other thing. The toluene and water mix you have is what you started with, repeat this procedure until you get no more meth.

ALWAYS wear goggles. Acids and bases will BLIND YOU FOREVER, and you might get arrested when they ask how you managed to get chemicals in your eyes.

NEVER smoke or have flames or embers around solvents. Work in a ventilated area.

NEVER add water to acid or base, this forms a dangerously strong solution. Always the other way round. Always Add Acid.

ALWAYS make sure all equipment you're using is not going to be dissolved by, or react with, any of the chemicals you're using. Glass is good.

I wrote up a guide to mescaline extraction recently, you should be able to work out which bits are relevant and which are not:
Make cactus as fine as possible. Combine cactus with water, like 2 litres of water for every kilo or so, I guess, and cook down until it stops being slimy, goes thin.

Transfer to glass container. Add as much NaOH as there is cactus, by weight. Add some more. Leave for a while.

Add enough xylene to form like an inch layer in the top of the glass. Mix it in and let it separate. If it doesn't separate, forms an emulsion, or a gloopy porridge, you can solve this problem with heat, base, and time. You can NEVER add too much NaOH. If in doubt, more lye.

When it does separate, and you're happy it's been in there long enough to soak up all the mescaline it will, suck the xylene (the top layer) out with a glass gas syringe (easily bought online). Transfer it to a small jar, like a jam jar or something, that you have a tight fitting lid for.

Add some hydrochloric acid, I use 37% conc. diluted a bit, it doesn't matter that much, any excess will evaporate.

Cap it, shake it up really well. It will separate into two layers. Stick it in the freezer.

When the water layer has frozen, take the jar out, and as quickly as you can, pour the xylene out, back into your cactus/water/lye mixture.

Rinse the ice in the jar with a little bit of ice cold water to get all the xylene, pour this into the cactus mix too.

When the ice melts, pour the water into a big flat dish to evaporate. When it does, it will leave behind a residue of crystalline powder. This is mescaline hydrochloride.

Repeat the steps with adding the xylene, mixing it up, pulling it out, adding the acid, freezing it, and pouring the xylene back in until you stop getting worthwhile amounts of mescaline from evaporating the water.

You're done. The cactus mixture can go down the drain. The solvent, try to save and reuse, it's bad for the environment, but it's probably going to end up there, either by being poured away or allowed to evaporate. Try to avoid this as much as possible. If you want to purify your mescaline, you can use dry acetone (add Epsom salts you've baked to acetone bottle to dry it) and rinse it in a coffee filter. I never found this necessary.

Safety points:

ALWAYS wear goggles when working with acid or base. They will BLIND YOU FOREVER if you are not careful. I once had a very basic mixture splash all over my face. It covered the goggles I was wearing. If I hadn't been wearing them, I'd be blind for sure, probably in prison too.

NEVER add water to acid or base. This forms a dangerously concentrated solution. Always Add Acid.

DON'T fucking smoke around solvents, you fucking idiot. Work in a ventilated area. Xylene is flammable. Acetone is really flammable.

NEVER use aluminium, check to make sure everything you use is resistant to being eaten by solvents/acids/bases you are using.

Notes:

You'll notice this is not a precise tek but a general method. I think that teks encourage people to do things they don't really understand, and make things sound harder than they are. What you are doing is not difficult. You have freebase mescaline. You are dissolving it in a solvent it goes into. You are then turning it into a salt. This means it no longer goes into that first solvent, but into water instead. You are then separating the two layers, and evaporating the water, leaving the mescaline salt behind. This is not hard to grasp. Grasp it.

This will work with many different kinds of acids, bases and solvents. I happen to use hydrochloric acid, NaOH, and xylene. You can use others.

You can never have enough base. Heat, base and time will solve all your problems.

The hardest part of this is the technique with the syringe. Master this, and you have mastered mescaline extraction. It is much more important to have solvent without any water/cactus/lye mixture than it is to get all the solvent.

Questions?
If mods or anyone else have something to add, correct, feel this kind of kitchen chem isn't appropriate, sorry, say something, let me know. Feel free to edit, move or whatever (how presumptuous of me "mods, that thing you know you do, that's your whole responsibility and prerogative, feel free to do it).

Amphetfiendd, if you still have questions, by all means ask them. I'd prefer to do it in a thread, so other people who have the same questions you do will be able to find it, but if you prefer PM, you are welcome to ask me. I am not an expert, I do have experience and understanding of A/B extractions.

Last edited:
Thankyou for your post babylonboy. I am prepared to sit down and follow your instructions related to the A/B I was asking about although this method is not really complex. I have read about a purifying/recrystallization method which seems that it maybe a little more simple then the extraction you posted in the above.

The thread where I pulled this from is linked here http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/318209-Purifying-Meth

Recrystallization details
The Chili is dissolved in a minimum amount of dry alcohol, this is heated, USING a Safety fan (Always) as needed to get it to dissolve , bring it to a soft boil . Continue boiling until you begin to see the chili form crystals on the surface of the alcohol. This is a super saturated solution . Add a little alcohol to dissolve the skin again, and add 20 ml of acetone. Then cover and set in freezer, as the temperature drops, crystals will form. Leave in freezer for 6 to 12 hours or even longer. Generally the longer in the freezer the bigger and better will be the crystals.

Sucrose has a somewhat low solubility in ethanol but the meth is highly soluble... Would the procedure of breaking the meth down in an ethanol solution then filter and performing an evap improve the product at all? I know sucrose would still be present but as the solubility of the sugar is low in ethanol the presence of it in the recrystalized product would be minimal?? Which would perhaps just leave slight blackness in a glass pipe if smoked.

I would not use the heat as this would improve the solubility of the sucrose.

Anywho the above was my last question. If im grasping at straws here just let me know and I will go all out and follow the method provided by Babylonboy :)

Well, yeah, man, I initially thought that you'd be able to do it simply by exploiting the differences in solubility in methanol/ethanol/isopropanol/acetone/MEK or whatever, wash it, or recrystallise it, or something like that, but sekio and ebola? suggested you couldn't do this. I don't get it, but those guys learned chemistry in schools, not kitchens, so I defer to them. Yeah, I think your method of extracting the meth with ethanol would work (as long as the solubilities are right, find a reference, or if you're lucky WolframAlpha), as would washing the sugar out of the meth with acetone (as long as the solubilities are right, find a reference, or if you're lucky WolframAlpha), but I'm just a bumpkin, people were saying you needed to do an A/B at home to solve the problem, and if there's a thing I know, it's doing A/B extractions, ghetto style, so I told you how to do that. Good luck whatever you do, man.