• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Let's talk benzo/thieno cross-tolerance

Herpe The Clown

Greenlighter
So, I keep finding conflicting reports about this issue, I understand both thieno's and benzos are non-selective full agonists of the GABAa receptor. But reading some reports it seems their may be an incomplete cross-tolerance .

Now this could be true, or it could just be confusion about the potency equivalency causing people to think they aren't tolerant, when in fact, the dose is actually stronger than what they're used to.

Now my concern is this, I have a relatively high 'classic' benzo tolerance, I have no experience with etizolam. I used to take up to 30mg of alprazolam some days. I found I needed at least 10-15 to feel anything theraputic, and 20mg+ to get any recreational effects.

It's been 10 months since my last benzo use and around a year since my heavy benzo use.

I plan on getting my etizolam tomorrow, and I'm not sure what kind of doses I will have to take to get theraputic, or recreational effects. I was hoping someone with experience would be able to chime in on how cross-tolerant they are.

I plan on starting at 2mg of etizolam, and upping the dose in 1-2mg increments until I achieve desired effects.

I have a massive tolerance to classic benzos and 3mg Etiz was Euphouric, 5mg I was drunk.

Interesting, care to elaborate a little bit? What kind of tolerance? Occasional use or dependence? How long have you been using benzo's? Did you take a break from benzo's before trying etizolam?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want a clear picture. If say, 5mg had me feeling recreational effects it'd seem too good to be true.

I'd say use the same rule as a clean heroin addict contemplating using: be cautious as hell; start with a small dose, as your old dose prob could be enough to OD.

Overdose isn't exactly a concern, I will only be taking etizolam and that alone isn't going to cause respiratory depression, a bigger concern would be blacking out but I'll take the precautions to avoid any dangerous situations if that happens.

It's strange with etizolam, I've been making my own caps using the pure powder...I miscalculated my filler somewhat meaning I accidently took multiple times my intended dose (I've corrected my mistake, though); considering I took far more than I should, I really don't feel bad at all. I feel very "foggy" and benzo'd out, but far from blackout territory. I wonder if it would be the same with "traditional" benzos?