• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opinions on Tapentadol

ThaDudeAbides

Bluelighter
I recently ordered 100x75mg generics of Tapentadol after reading some good reports. I often use Tramadol for fun, but it does NOTHING for pain. I have bruised ribs on both sides and this I've read this helps with pain.

I was going to start with 150mg and go from there. I'm an recovering addict who has tried to stay away from oxy/roxi/fent/fent analongs/dope the best I can for the past 6 years. I can no longer get paracetamol FREE codeine and was hoping Tapen would be a good opi to help with pain and some recreation.

Thanks for your feedback

It's great for pain management, but never felt the slightest euphoria or anything at all really. I'm at 350mg/day and have been since mid April.

Afaik there should be no generics, so that's a bit sketchy, there are different names being used in different places but no generics.

Palexia, Nucynta. Made by Grünenthal.

But yeah it's the best pain medication that I've been prescribed, compared to buprenorphine patches/Tramadol and some other opioids.

Written on my phone, and I'm not a native English speaker so please excuse any grammatical slip ups and or typos.

/Rev

Worthless opiate, I get more of a buzz from 500mg tramadol than 500mg tapentadol. For pain I don't know, opiates don't really help much with my pains.

Never had experience with these lower-end opi(oids). The weakest opiate I've put in my body was codeine in the form of T3.

For my $ Methadone has been the best legal painkiller with the least amount of side effects, and it doesn't provide the type of euphoria that'll make you crave H/Oxy/Fentanyl, it just kills your pain and leaves you with a nice warm glow. I was on Methadone for 6 years, and during that period of time I did not experience any true (physical) pain.

Good luck man! Being an opi addict AND a CPP must be a bitch!

Did you atleast get a opiate buzz from it?

Nope, nothing at all. it should be really expensive as well, so it's not optimal compared to real shit that is half the price of Tapentadol.

Pain relief: Yes

Getting high: No.

Also watch out if you're on SSRI/SNRI, mixing Tapentadol with those is super risky.

/Rev

^why? tapentadol lacks the serotonergic properties of tramadol, does it not?

I was rather shocked and upset with the decision to place this substance in a schedule II along with morphine, hydromorphone, cocaine.....

I was hoping for a schedule III because once something hits the schedule II slot it's rather difficult to get a doctor to scribe it, and being I really really enjoy tramadol I wanted so bad to try this unique opioid.

So for people who have had the opportunity to sample this opioid, how is it at dulling pain, lifting mood, giving energy, and how long does the typical dose last?

Is it expensive?

I have been prescribed opiates/opioids, NSAIDS and other drugs all along the spectrum for chronic pain for many years. IMO Nucynta (tapentedol) is worthless all the way around, but I did not like tramadol at all either. To me Nucynta was almost identical to tramadol in its effects, pain relief and the way it made me feel, i.e.,it sucked. Neither worked for ma at all for pain relief and I hated the way they made me feel. But since you like tramadol to "feel good" you may like it but I think you may be very disappointed in its pain relief abilities.

It gave me a very nasty feeling, not good at all. But so does tramadol. My doctor thinks (and I agree) that it is ridiculous that it is a schedule II drug. He says it is just necause they were hoping to have something to compete with the other stronger meds but that is not as addictive. Which is ridiculous since schedule II drugs are usually ones that have more of an abuse potential and nucynta is supposedly not as addictive.

So who know, you might like it, some people obviously do. But I think for pain relief it sucks and if you are looking to feel good, IMO it was horrible.

I have been prescribed opiates/opioids, NSAIDS and other drugs all along the spectrum for chronic pain for many years. IMO Nucynta (tapentedol) is worthless all the way around, but I did not like tramadol at all either. To me Nucynta was almost identical to tramadol in its effects, pain relief and the way it made me feel, i.e.,it sucked. Neither worked for ma at all for pain relief and I hated the way they made me feel. But since you like tramadol to "feel good" you may like it but I think you may be very disappointed in its pain relief abilities.

It gave me a very nasty feeling, not good at all. But so does tramadol. My doctor thinks (and I agree) that it is ridiculous that it is a schedule II drug. He says it is just necause they were hoping to have something to compete with the other stronger meds but that is not as addictive. Which is ridiculous since schedule II drugs are usually ones that have more of an abuse potential and nucynta is supposedly not as addictive.

So who know, you might like it, some people obviously do. But I think for pain relief it sucks and if you are looking to feel good, IMO it was horrible.

Thank you for your time and providing some information on the subject! =)

^why? tapentadol lacks the serotonergic properties of tramadol, does it not?
Nucynta is more or less an off shoot of tramadol. It's basically the same thing only it's not as easy to experience a grand mal seizure on tapentadol than it is on trams. I have never gotten a buzz off of tramadol, I've had a slight buzz from a 250mg dose of tapentadol. But if OP can surprisingly catch a buzz from trams then they'll enjoy nucynta.