View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The launch window is closed :( but we did a good deed taking in a traveller without a home....it will be good karma for when the time is right to dose hopefully :)

Back to business...thinking about it maybe I might want 5x 150 ug trips instead of 2x trips from larger doses...anybody well versed with the range of this stuff have any input here? Been reading reports...300 sounds amazing, and I'd love to add a report for 450, there aren't a ton out there that were well written enough to get thru...

Last edited:
300 is a lot stronger than 150 - more than twice as strong. A bit overwhelming the one time I tried it, you can barely see across the room for all the patterns in the air. Good luck.

@dreaming swimmer: Since there seems to be a lack of an "executive summary" report in the thread, I'll give it a spin. I've used AL-LAD many times over the last year, possibly too many times, given the fact that it's a substance with little history of human use. It feels so much like the younger brother of LSD, though, that it has replaced LSD for me, and I was never shy about abusing LSD. I guess that's the reason for my recklessness. For what it's worth, I have not suffered any negative side-effects as a result of my AL-LAD use.

I've always dosed AL-LAD in increments of 150ug, allowing at least a week, ideally two weeks, for the tolerance to subside.

150ug: I'd compare it to a good, honest tab of LSD. The character of the visuals is a little different, and personally, I find it to be "warmer". LSD is a pretty emotionally neutral substance for me, while AL-LAD, at lower doses, produces a sense of contentness and a good, dare I say cheerful, mood. The headspace is also much more amenable to surviving challenging social situations unscathed - less anxiogenic than LSD, for sure. The duration is markedly shorter, though - there's a definite drop-off after 4-5 hours with AL-LAD, past which the intensity decreases significantly. With 150ug, this means that after the drop-off, you'll find yourself sailing into a quiet harbor, especially in terms of the headspace. Visuals can be boosted with marijuana well into the 6-7th hour. The erotic is enhanced in a very agreeable fashion, and not too awkward/confusing, unlike on higher doses.

300ug: An increase in duration and visual activity. The headspace tends to get more serious. Given the right setting, a nice psychedelic satori is very much within your grasp at this dose. Still quite possible to maintain a hold of yourself, and I wouldn't be too concerned about exploring even difficult environments at this dose, though I don't see why you'd want to do that.

450ug: I have found this to be my go-to dose, because while it offers a full array of strong psychedelia in all departments, it still feels like a good time with a good friend, rather than like subjecting yourself to the will of a mischevious jester. Visually, the distortions are intense and constant. Aural hallucinations can get quite strong, you may find yourself hallucinating voices and sounds. Behind closed eyes, fully-formed CEVs of alien-styled beings, faces, objects, colourful vortexes may present themselves. The stimulation can be significant, and you'll be desiring of some outlet for the energy that builds up within your body. If you can relax, though, and submerge yourself in quiet meditation, there's no saying how far you can go. The aural hallucinations make it pretty much impossible to experience complete quiet. In a perfectly quiet environment, the aural distortions only become more prominent.

600ug: This is the highest I went. I found that this dose, for me, requires careful preparation of the setting, and a sober-ish sitter to be present, so I have only dosed this high two or three times. The OEVs are intense to the point of being incapacitating - good luck finding something that you dropped on the grass, or reading a phone display. I have "lost it" on a couple of occasions at this dose, in the sense that I wasn't in control of the experience, and I became delusional - not being sure if I am truly alive and awake, or living through memories of past events in a liminal, bardo state. The fact that the linear progression of time became a completely alien concept did not help dispel the delusions. The CEVs took on a character of visions and dream-like scenes rather than objects. At 600ug I also experienced some body load, in the form of nausea. To be honest, though, it may have had something to do with the fact that the only food I had in my stomach all day was 4 AL-LAD blotters, which probably doesn't make for the most digestible fare :). Relieving the nausea by swallowing at least morsels of normal food wasn't easy, since AL-LAD has a pronounced anorexigenic effect on me, and the act of eating seem positively disgusting at higher doses.

That's it for my personal dose-response report. I would love to see more reports about high-dose experiences. Subjectively, AL-LAD feels as benign as LSD to me, but it would be nice to have more info. Personally, I have put my AL-LAD experiments on hold. This is a drug for the summer and the outdoors, that's for sure, and there's a definite lack of summer round these parts :)

Last edited:
I want to be like weirdling when I grow up...thanks man very concise and well typed...I will be passing go, collecting $200, and going straight to dosing 300ug, I will type up some thoughts if I ever get a chance for some turtle time

I'm curious to know if anyone has dropped AL-LAD after MDMA, perhaps 3 hours into the MD experience? I've done the vice versa and had a good time, although I find it short of a good LSD/MD combo. I sometimes find the come up of AL to have a wee bit of uncomfortable bodyload and thinking that maybe the MDMA buzz would null that effect.

Thank you weirdling, that was a very satisfactory post. Definitely makes me want to procure some AL-LAD, but sadly all I can find is over priced LSZ :(

Sounds like a classic LSD experience to me; strong aural hallucinations, the alien feeling phenomena, ect. I haven't used LSD in a few years and this thread is making my mouth water lol. I hope I can get enough someday and maybe try ~900 mics.

^ I'm currently drooling as well, thank you weirdling :)

AL-LAD sounds so much better than LSZ for some reason. I know the concensus hasn't come in yet, but AL-LAD is winning in the poll so far, correct?

AL-LAD sounds so much better than LSZ for some reason. I know the concensus hasn't come in yet, but AL-LAD is winning in the poll so far, correct?

I think AL-LAD is winning. It seems to have "sparkle" to it. LSZ was ok, not bad but it wasn't as magical/spiritual/etc. I did only take LSZ once, but AL-LAD a couple of times now.

The Big and Dandy of AL-LAD is longer than LSZ. Also it seems that LSZ is more available than AL-LAD which also says something.

AL-LAD is definitely winning in my book. LSZ is more serious, intellectual, introverted... the geeky brother of LSD. AL-LAD is more pleasurable, sparkly, visual, wondrous, manageable and magical... the very cute sister of LSD. If you will.

What do you mean when you say LSZ is more geeky than LSD? If you mean manic, I might be making a decision to not get any since LSD was too manic for me usually...

I asked in the lsz thread and will do so here.

Ive gotten an offer for a good price for 50 hits of al-lad and or lsz.

My first idea was to take 25 of each, now im thinking i should take like 35 of al-lad and only 15 lsz.

Really al-lad sounds like a shorter more euphoric lsd whereas lsz sounds like a more serious lsd with similar duration?

I can honestly say i have no problems scoring the real deal but i rarely do it cause of the really long durataion.

What do you mean when you say LSZ is more geeky than LSD? If you mean manic, I might be making a decision to not get any since LSD was too manic for me usually...

More serious and intellectual of nature, which can be considered geeky or nerdy if you personify it. I didn't want to use the word boring, because that's really *not* it. Maybe just not as freaky or mischievous as LSD can be sometimes (which AL-LAD isn't either). I didn't mean manic. If you get manic from LSD, chances are that you won't get this from these analogs, or less (I'm just guessing here, because I usually don't get that manic from LSD). It's just my opinion, based on a handful of experiences with both materials. I would recommend trying both for yourself if you are interested and have the opportunity. If I really *had* to choose between either AL-LAD or LSZ, I would go for the former. If you are worried about getting manic from LSZ, my guess would be that you probably get way less manic than with LSD, if at all. Same goes for AL-LAD.

^^

I think al-lad is more mischevious than LSD - it's the cheeky sunshine imp of the lysergic world. I think LSD is quite a bit more serious.

If you were buying 50 I'd get 45 al-lads and 5 LSZ.

^^

I think al-lad is more mischevious than LSD - it's the cheeky sunshine imp of the lysergic world. I think LSD is quite a bit more serious.

If you were buying 50 I'd get 45 al-lads and 5 LSZ.

I think we have to agree to disagree on the first part. LSD often puts me in a mischievous, naughty, Mr-Hyde-ish mood (very much so even); AL-LAD is much softer and lighter to me and never lead me to such mood thus far, it feels more innocent. Everybody is different I guess. I do think AL-LAD is one of the mayor stars of the lysergic skyline though. So I agree on the buying advise.

I will probably get 50 al-lad and just order 10 extra lsz since im getting the bulk deal.

From all reading al-lad seems like beezknees.

I love my lsd trips but if im not raving i dont enjoy the duration most of the time.

gah I wish I could find a vendor that has LAD stocked right now. all I can find is overpriced LSZ. hopefully we'll see another round soon?

For those of you that have bought AL-LAd multiple times, have you noticed a decrease in the blotters potency? I'm curious as to how the vendors are storing their supplies. I'd hate to spend a large chunk of change for a sheet of hits destroyed by UV rays.

That would be typical wouldn't it? People investing in amazing 'new' (to the market) LSD analogues and not knowing to store them properly while buyers/users are stressing themselves into a heartattack over storing a few hits.

On a whole unrelated note: *sigh* I wish they would add LSM to this list - but I would not think that unless I were terribly ungrateful. ;)

Also I plan on trying this fine chemical at I think 225 ug (relatively early batch but stored anhydrously in thick blackout sealbaggy in my freezing compartment (subzero but not minus 20)) probably the day after tomorrow. Tomorrow I first need to make preparations, tidying up et cetera, good and honest priorities. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.