NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Gojira is a conscious metal band that is for sure. Conscious as in tuned into the deeper benevolent nature of the cosmos I guess you could say. One could also see the universe as an unforgiving place I suppose at a certain level of awareness.

Got this a week or so ago, its finally sinking in:

Yup. @ 10.44 -12.18 - fucking sublime...magic tune, in general - beautiful subtle contrasts, throughout the whole. Nice recommend - love this album tbh :|%)

Going back to the old faithful... haven't had time to venture through decent metal recently, unfortunately...but its a worthy old faithful. ( Mahem guitarist featured; for name-dropping metal snobbery purposes ) =D

Last edited:
^^^^^

I've been a fan of Igorr for a couple years now.

If you don't know about Whourkr you should check them out cause they have some of the same members and I prefer them actually.

This is off the new Amorphis album that comes out in a few days which I've already pre-ordered.

Amorphis has always been one of my all time favorite metal bands:

(I really need to figure out how to embed but every time I fucking try it won't work! lol):

https://youtu.be/Bz9uAOM4DHo

I've never really checked out Rammstein. . . any particular album to start with?

Today:

Love this band. Epic operatic power metal hard rock amalgam. Great guests vocalists here.

I figure some of you guys must know of Dragged Into Sunlight by now but if any of you don't, you NEED to.

These guys from England have a style which combines all the most brutal elements of grindcore, death, black, sludge and some industrial/noise elements as well, and they wear masks and no one is quite sure who they are as there are many members.

Plus, does anyone have advice on embedding vids? I followed the youtube videos on how to do it but it still won't work for me. What can I say, I'm computer illiterate.

I'm all about the combo of heavy styles, especially black mixed with grindcore these days:

Last edited by a moderator:
^I embedded the video for you :)

If you are using the mobile site, its not easy. On the desktop site, you just need to click on the icon that looks kinda like a piece of film in the toolbar above the text box part.

If you are using mobile, you need to use the code [VIDEO]enter youtube url[/VIDEO]

It is rough going right now I will be honest. But I find listening to this metalcore song is enough to numb the pain.

I know, I know, many true metalheads despise metalcore and some don't even consider it metal.