• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my tolerance to ALL opies is at zero atm, my tolerance is as low as it's gonna get... I mean 4-5g doses are what I started out at years ago. Idk, it's like my body no longer tolerates kratom. A similar thing happens with cannabis, I'll smoke everyday for years then outta nowhere everytime I blaze I'll get super paranoid, seems like something similar has happened with kratom. I'll dose and within an hour and a half after ingestion my body feels like it's im the midst of some nasty withdrawal... but as soon as I come down I feel fine, it's pretty fucked up. Looks like I'ma have to use gabapentin and benzo combos for my occasional "fix", though I'm smart enough to not get myself hooked. I can still take pharmaceuticals but I'm afraid I'll be thrown back into withdrawal if I use more than once so for that reason I use pharms maybe once a week, in a single dose. Anyways, my problems don't swem to be a strain issue, I have at my disposal bali, WVB, and a small amount of SGM (this strain is definately the worst), all of em produce a similar effect. Only time will tell I guess.... another member, I think it was Blight12, had the same problem and he said it took a long ass break before things went back to normal.

Well my tolerance to ALL opies is at zero atm, my tolerance is as low as it's gonna get... I mean 4-5g doses are what I started out at years ago. Idk, it's like my body no longer tolerates kratom. A similar thing happens with cannabis, I'll smoke everyday for years then outta nowhere everytime I blaze I'll get super paranoid, seems like something similar has happened with kratom. I'll dose and within an hour and a half after ingestion my body feels like it's im the midst of some nasty withdrawal... but as soon as I come down I feel fine, it's pretty fucked up.

Looks like I'ma have to use gabapentin and benzo combos for my occasional "fix", though I'm smart enough to not get myself hooked. I can still take pharmaceuticals but I'm afraid I'll be thrown back into withdrawal if I use more than once so for that reason I use pharms maybe once a week, in a single dose. Anyways, my problems don't swem to be a strain issue, I have at my disposal bali, WVB, and a small amount of SGM (this strain is definately the worst), all of em produce a similar effect. Only time will tell I guess.... another member, I think it was Blight12, had the same problem and he said it took a long ass break before things went back to normal.

Kratom has caused me to kick Kratom. I love it, and have a room full of it. Been an opiate addict forever and now find myself going clean for no reason. I just don't take the time to prep my dose. And then I don't take it before work and don't feel like it after work.

This is kind of how I am. I love kratom but I hate downing it and as a result I put off dosing as much as possible. THis results in me naturally getting clean after a while on kratom. I recommend people to use kratom to kick opiates because it works so well and they reply "but then won't you just get hooked on kratom"? My response, not necessarily and even if you do, it is os much the lessor evil.

It's interesting you mention your body giving up on kratom Captain. I have noticed if I have my normal dose of about 3.5g, I have a hard time eating anything in the couple hours after or else I get a strong dysphoric sensation, a tightening up of my whole body. It's as if my body is saying damn this kratom is wrecking havoc with my digestive system, I can't digest normal food at a time like this! Smaller, lighter meals are ok, but once I really fill myself, it's like my body just can't handle it anymore and starts sending signals to stop.

Sorry to hear you are dropping the Kratom Captain. I have just started my journey with it and has some red vein Borneo this morning for a trapped nerve in my foot. I use your method of 6 fluid ouces of water and simmer 15 mins. This strain feels very nice and great for pain relief. I would just like to say thanks for all the great advice regarding this wonderful plant otherwise I would not know what the fuck I was doing. So to all those who have contributed knowledge and insight in helping me use kratom safely and effectively I thank you cheers gentlemen

Well, I just downed some Kratom for the first time about 20 minutes ago, waiting for any effects.

I put 4 1/2 Tsps (I'm guessing about 4 1/2 grams?) of OG Bali Powder in 6 ounces of water in a tea pot and kept it just below boiling for close to 10 mins, at which point it didn't seem like enough water so I added 4 more ounces.

Kept stirring for 5 more mins and there was so much powder stuck to the sides of the kettle that I couldn't get off that I added an extra 1/2 a teaspoon and starting spraying the inside of the kettle with a water bottle to get the powder to drip back down into the pot.

I thought I'd need more time than 15 mins because I'd added more, so I ended up stirring and simmering below a slow boil for about 26 mins.

I let the water get up to boiling about 3 times but immediately lowered the temp.

I then twice strained through a strainer.

It only ended up being about 6 ounces of liquid and I just downed it, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Then I ended up swallowing about a tea spoon of the grounds I'd already used for the tea, but I don't know if any alkaloids were left in them.

I guess the only questions I have now are:

1) After you make tea with the grounds and have boiled them for 15 mins or more is there any effect to swallowing the grounds at that point or would they need to be fresh?

Anyone have any tips for getting the gunked up powder off the inside of the kettle?

I heard this takes about an hour to kick in but for some reason I'm wondering whether or not I will feel any effects at all.

I may not have used enough, we'll see.

Last edited:
Hmm, it's been an hour now and I don't really feel much other than slightly relaxed, which really might just be placebo.

I was told not to re-dose too soon because it takes an hour to kick in, but if I don't feel anything within 15 mins I think a little more might be warranted.

I really don't know how many grams 5 tspns of this powder is but I would have thought I'd felt something more by now.

Edit: Waited an hour and 10 mins and only felt a mild high so I tossed n' washed 2 1/2 more tspns. Regardless of effects or lack there of thats it for tonight, or for a few days for that matter, and we'll see how I feel and experiment cautiously with different ROAs, strains and dosages.

It wasn't so much the taste that it made it hard to get down as the incredible dryness of the powder...

Now I am noticing VERY mild percocet like effects, but more like about 10-15mgms whereas I guess I was expecting to feel more like 25-30.

I am relaxed though and I think it's probably the Kratom and not just placebo.

Last edited:
The Kratom finally hit me really hard an hour after taking the extra couple tea spoons.

I like it, definitely similar to oxycodone/hyrdrocodone but not quite as strong.

It was interesting because it went from being such a slight relaxed feeling that I didn't really even know I was on it to feeling pretty damn sedated.

Definitely anxiolytic for sure.

Will be interesting to see how the Green veins effect me.

You took 7 1/2 teaspoons? That's around 20 grams, damn I take 5 grams at most. Next time add a hit or two of weed it really takes it to the next level.

You took 7 1/2 teaspoons? That's around 20 grams, damn I take 5 grams at most. Next time add a hit or two of weed it really takes it to the next level.

I don't smoke weed right now for personal reasons but when I do at some point I look forward to the synergy.

After drinking the tea I just had a VERY mild but nice relaxation so I took another 2 1/2.

I must have made the tea wrong cause I doubt my tolerance is that high.

Last edited:
You might not feel much if any at the lower amount, some people just have a natural high tolerance, your prior opiate use also plays a factor. I agree 4-5 grams is a good starting dose. I've measured a few strains multiple times with leveled measuring spoons and all were consistent within .1

1 Teaspoon- 2.5 grams
.5 teaspoon- 1
.25 teaspoon -.5

You might not feel much if any at the lower amount, some people just have a natural high tolerance, your prior opiate use also plays a factor. I agree 4-5 grams is a good starting dose. I've measured a few strains multiple times with leveled measuring spoons and all were consistent within .1

1 Teaspoon- 2.5 grams
.5 teaspoon- 1
.25 teaspoon -.5

Hmmm, I guess I must have a naturally high tolerance or I made the tea wrong and it didn't have as much effect so that the 2.5 that I tossed and washed was the majority of it but I think I made the tea correctly.

I have almost no prior opiate use, except that about 6 weeks ago I finished a bottle of percocet which I was taking between about 35-45mgs of 3 times a week.

Other than a few times a year taking some percs or vics is the extent of my opiate usage in my life.

I think I just didn't make the tea correctly but I don't know what I did wrong.

Last edited:
I have no idea about the tea I've never made it before. Seems like most people believe eating the grounds provide a better experience. Generally those that make tea can't stomach eating all the plant matter and others have built up a high tolerance from either kratom or opiate use and don't want to drink 10+ grams of the super gritty k-mud.

Tea is fine if you eat the gross grounds with it too, but I found that I needed an ounce in tea to do what seven games would if I just TnW'd it. I think you need to get accustomed to its effects so you can recognize them better, though yeah, with that much you should have been wobbled pretty hard and had an unpleasant time if nothing else.

Was you stomach completely empty? Also, what about leaf quality- this wasn't headshop stuff or from somewhere that advertised it for its effects?

Tea is fine if you eat the gross grounds with it too, but I found that I needed an ounce in tea to do what seven games would if I just TnW'd it. I think you need to get accustomed to its effects so you can recognize them better, though yeah, with that much you should have been wobbled pretty hard and had an unpleasant time if nothing else.

Was you stomach completely empty? Also, what about leaf quality- this wasn't headshop stuff or from somewhere that advertised it for its effects?

No my stomach wasn't empty, I'd just had a pretty decent sized dinner one hour before taking the tea, 2 hours before the toss n' wash and I'd also had a meal 2 hours before dinner so I had quite a bit in my stomach and was wondering if that effected me.

Does my stomach need to be completely empty to get good effects or can I just wait for a couple hours after meals to take it?

And are you saying I should have eaten the wet grounds AFTER making the tea?

I'd only had one spoonful of them after drinking the tea because I wasn't sure if they'd still have the alkaloids in them or if somehow maybe they'd have all gone into the water.

Is it still effective to eat the the wet grounds after making the tea?

The leaf quality was excellent.

Also, now that it is wearing off I AM ITCHY AS HELL!

I guess that's just the histamines released from opioids though and nothing worth worrying about?

So you think tossing and washing hits you better?

I think next time I will only toss and wash to really figure out what my dosage is and not be confused about it because of 2 different methods of ingestion.

And finally, do you also find that a tea spoon of powder is about 2.5 grams like Snake Eyes says?

I thought I'd heard someone say that 1 teaspoon was about a gram?

Sorry for all the questions, but these are things that long time Kratom users like you can probably answer well so I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Well, I just downed some Kratom for the first time about 20 minutes ago, waiting for any effects.

I tried a method similar to the Captain's, I put 4 1/2 Tsps (I'm guessing about 4 1/2 grams?) of OG Bali Powder from Phytoextractum in 6 ounces of water in a tea pot and kept it just below boiling for close to 10 mins, at which point it didn't seem like enough water so I added 4 more ounces.

Kept stirring for 5 more mins and there was so much powder stuck to the sides of the kettle that I couldn't get off that I added an extra 1/2 a teaspoon and starting spraying the inside of the kettle with a water bottle to get the powder to drip back down into the pot.

I thought I'd need more time than 15 mins because I'd added more, so I ended up stirring and simmering below a slow boil for about 26 mins.

I let the water get up to boiling about 3 times but immediately lowered the temp.

I then twice strained through a strainer.

It only ended up being about 6 ounces of liquid and I just downed it, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Then I ended up swallowing about a tea spoon of the grounds I'd already used for the tea, but I don't know if any alkaloids were left in them.

I guess the only questions I have now are:

1) After you make tea with the grounds and have boiled them for 15 mins or more is there any effect to swallowing the grounds at that point or would they need to be fresh?

Anyone have any tips for getting the gunked up powder off the inside of the kettle?

I heard this takes about an hour to kick in but for some reason I'm wondering whether or not I will feel any effects at all.

I may not have used enough, we'll see.

try using a non stick pan and dont boil the shit out of it I too am a novice and simmer it for 15 mins with about 5 grams. I tried red vein Borneo yesterday and loved the buzz and pain killing effects also I strain the powder through a tea towel and dry it out for another use hope this helps

try using a non stick pan and dont boil the shit out of it I too am a novice and simmer it for 15 mins with about 5 grams. I tried red vein Borneo yesterday and loved the buzz and pain killing effects also I strain the powder through a tea towel and dry it out for another use hope this helps

Ok so that answers my question that the powder is still effective to eat after boiling it.

I don't know how easily I could get it down though without REALLY drying it well as it's even more nasty when wet and clumped up.

However, that does seem a better way to get more bang for your buck through both the tea and the grounds, though by that logic it would seem like toss n' wash is overall going to be more effective than making a tea because you are simply absorbing everything all at once right?

Kind of like the difference between vaping weed or eating it vs smoking it, none of the product is lost.

I think that I did lose a lot of the material when making the tea because so much stuck to the inside of the kettle.

I ordered some tea bags so maybe I'll use those when they come and boil them in the water so I don't lose any of it.

Ok so that answers my question that the powder is still effective to eat after boiling it.

I don't know how easily I could get it down though without REALLY drying it well as it's even more nasty when wet and clumped up.

However, that does seem a better way to get more bang for your buck through both the tea and the grounds, though by that logic it would seem like toss n' wash is overall going to be more effective than making a tea because you are simply absorbing everything all at once right?

Kind of like the difference between vaping weed or eating it vs smoking it, none of the product is lost.

I think that I did lose a lot of the material when making the tea because so much stuck to the inside of the kettle.

I ordered some tea bags so maybe I'll use those when they come and boil them in the water so I don't lose any of it.

The reason I only make tea out of it is because of things like parasites. Dont forget what part of the world kratom comes from I have read a thread where the guy ended up with a tapeworm from it simmering it will kill any nasties that could be on the leaf. Plus the thought of the kratom pickers going to the toilet and using there hand for something we use toilet roll for and not washing there hands afterwards. Thats why I only make tea fuck eating that stuff. Also if you keep you powder after boiling it it wont be as strong but it still works

Status
Not open for further replies.