• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom alcohol extraction/tea question?

pheungies

Greenlighter
This is my basic question in short and below are the details, in case someone knows but is too lazy to read...
When alcohol and water are mixed and heated, does the alcohol evaporate out of it, leaving the water behind?

Ive been reading on solubility of the alkaloids in kratom and found that some are much more soluble in alcohol than water. I found extraction methods to make resin or extract with alcohol OR with water, which were said to have different effects from one another, but its kinda more stuff than i want to go through. My question is, if one were to soak the powder in a little alcohol (as in liquor), then add water and heat it to make tea, would the alcohol still be there after its heated for a while? I know alcohol evaporates at a lower temperature, but if its mixed into water will the alcohol be cooked out of it? Basically i want to be sure i get all of the alkaloids possible WITHOUT having alcohol in the final tea product so i can see if theres a difference in potency with little or no alcohol there to change the effects - or adding to the already disgusting taste for that matter. I could make an extract/resin with alcohol, then use it with water to make tea with, but theoretically if they have different effects from different alkaloids being extracted/left behind, it wouldnt make a difference because itd be extracted already. I want to get everything i can out of it in one brewing process and have a potent, non-alcoholic kratom tea. I know this probably goes in the kratom mega thread but i feel like it would never get answered that way.

These are the extraction methods if anyones curious: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158056

I wish i had more answers for Ya. If they are alcohol soluble, would they evaporate when the alcohol burns off? Alcohol does boil off at a lower temp than water, that's how a still works. Come to think of it, what would happen if I threw a bunch of kratom into my mash, then ran it through my still?

i dont think it would it i think its too heavy. it might re-solidify or something thats why im asking. when i was shooting the old ER opanas first i would extract it with 91% isopropyl alcohol, thenfilter out the fillers because if you put water straight on the pill it would gel up. then cook the alcohol off till it evaporates and the oxymorphone was too heavy to evaporate so it would leave it behind in a film material then id put water on that and IV it. i cant believe i havent got an answer but its a wierd question and searching online ive found nothing.

If you want to stay away from alcohol but still have the added benefits of increased solubility, use Muriatic (Hydrochloric acid) Almost nearly as effective as alcohol.
*Its gonna taste horid*

Last edited by a moderator:
i read that too but part of the reason i wanna get the alcohol out is the taste. its nasty enough as it is. toss and wash is easier for me do but it takes me a while to consume the amount i need in order for me get it done and not be gagging because i do it in small amounts. tea has the advantage of getting the effects to come on faster and all together, instead of spending 30mins toss, wash and repeating. i got some soaking in vodka im gonna let sit and if i cant get an answer ill just extract it.

If you want to stay away from alcohol but still have the added benefits of increased solubility, use 'Vinegar' (Hydrochloric acid) Almost nearly as effective as alcohol.
*Its gonna taste horid*

Hydro what? LOL I'll be fucked man, you crank me up :)

If you hate alcohol, next candidate is propylene glycol or glycerol, don't add tons tho or you'll shit your guts out...it only takes a tiny tea spoon...just a tiny bit. Similarly to alcohol, it's a reducing agent...make sure you know what that means.

And no, you don't want to add vinegar, hydrochloric acid or manganese heptoxide in your tea.

i suppose i could just mix some vodka and water and boil it a while then taste it and find out if it cooks out of it for myself lol. i also guess i could just make an extract or resin with what i have soaking in alcohol and use the plant matter that i filter out to make tea with, then eat the extract with it. theres quite a few options here but id like to have it all in one tea and it be simple. i made some tea today with just lime juice and water that was so strong when it first hit me i got that heaviness feeling, alot like the rush from IV roxy. well it felt kinda like the way how i remember it anyways. ive clean for like 4 months, on sub the first 2 months of that though, until i got this kratom. i used to do so much IV oxymorphone and H i would have to use a 6ml rig to bang roxys because i had to do at least 5 at once to feel ok, so i know theyre much stronger than what i remember them being lol but i swear it was surprisingly similar feeling. now i feel like i full on relapsed because i didnt think kratom would be as strong as it is. i wanted it for post acute withdrawal because i still feel shitty sometimes but i guess if something feels decent, and i can take more and feel even better, im gonna take a lot. i just hope it doesnt start my withdrawal over. its going to be illegal here starting in july anyways.

damn i cant believe i havent got an actual answer on this yet. i just feel like theres probably a more efficient way to extract the alkaloids. i like toss and wash because i know my stomach is gonna break it all down but i mean shit its pretty hard to toss and wash 20 grams, not to mention the discomfort that gives my stomach. i just want the most efficient method.

damn i cant believe i havent got an actual answer on this yet. i just feel like theres probably a more efficient way to extract the alkaloids. i like toss and wash because i know my stomach is gonna break it all down but i mean shit its pretty hard to toss and wash 20 grams, not to mention the discomfort that gives my stomach. i just want the most efficient method.

What's not clear about what I replied? Do you even know what I'm talking about?

yeah but what does that mean i should do with the 40 grams i have sittin in vodka lol thats kinda why i wanna know if i can mix it into tea, having the liquids mix in but the alcohol cook out leaving the alkaloids in water, or if i should say fuck testing that theory and just filtering it and cooking the alcohol away and drying in out and reduce that down to probably less than 10 grams of extract to where i can toss and wash it without filling my stomach with plants or drinking anymore disgusting tea.

yeah but what does that mean i should do with the 40 grams i have sittin in vodka lol thats kinda why i wanna know if i can mix it into tea, having the liquids mix in but the alcohol cook out leaving the alkaloids in water, or if i should say fuck testing that theory and just filtering it and cooking the alcohol away and drying in out and reduce that down to probably less than 10 grams of extract to where i can toss and wash it without filling my stomach with plants or drinking anymore disgusting tea.

...you fucked ur kratom man wtf were you thinking. I'm talking about unadultered ones. If you already have it in vodka...most of it is prolly disolved in.

i totally didnt fuck my kratom and i bought 600 grams it wouldnt be a big deal if i did its cheap as hell. i extracted it today though its mostly in resin balls right now. i always heard smoking it was a waste but i wanted to see for myself so i just put a little ball on foil and smoked it like H and i gotta say im kinda surprised at the effects i got. i didnt think it would do anything but i definitely feel it. its probably not gonna last long so compared to just making tea with it or grindin it down and eating it, its probably not as efficient but i thought id say that it does work because i see people ask a lot. i dont think it was a bad idea to do because even if i just smoke it all i can get a buzz way faster than tryin to toss and wash 20 grams and i still have plenty more leaf.

i ground that resin and came out with some killer extract. if you have a lot of kratom and high tolerance i would recommend doing it. i turned 40 grams into 13, way easier to toss and wash 5-6 grams than sit around forever eating 20 and i dont think it lost much if any potential. plus not so much nausea because theres not 3/4 of an ounce of plant matter just chillin in my stomach. also much easier than drinking some tea that has a ridiculous similarity to the taste of vomit. teas not THAT bad when you make it really potent but i still dread drinking it. the extract does have a slightly different effect, little more sedating, but a few grams gave me tiny pupils and nice back pain relief so i think i got the opioid agonists out of it. its a perfect method to extract and add to standard powdered leaf and cut your dose down. funny you said "down the toilet" cause ive got a good bit left but i stopped taking it the past few days to see if i feel alright before i go too far, and ive felt pretty lethargic and restless even after just a short period of daily use, and a constant compulsion to take more which ive struggled to fight, so im thinking about flushing the rest before i find myself feeling shitty enough to run back to suboxone or dope. it would feel better to flush the end of it than go until i run out and not have the option of stopping by choice. i just hate the "well this the end of it" feeling then not having it and thinking of how i need to get more. im sure people are gonna read that im thinkin i should flush it and be like WTF NO but id like to stay in control, considering ive spent almost half my life dependent on opiates until the last few months.

Hydro what? LOL I'll be fucked man, you crank me up :)

For anyone wondering vinegar is acetic acid (an older boy told swim while he was doing bad things with it). I hope that poor bastard didn't go out and get and drink any real hydrochloric acid! 8o

OP, are you trying to extract the pure alkaloids? You'd probably have to buy a hell of a lot of kratom to get a decent amount; it won't be cheap.

I'm personally trying to change my powdered leaf somehow so it can be stored long-term. I was thinking of blitzing it in a blender with hot water, and evaporating the water; I'm not sure if that would be effective though. (I would also like to make a resin from it.)

Get a nutribullet.

It will break it down in the smallest pieces imaginable, then drink it like a shake...

I take 3/5 of my normal kratom dose, mix in into 1 shot vodka, (Smirnoff is my choice), let it set for 20 minutes and quaff if down. Entirely different experience. Feels like a benzo opioid mix. Knocked my dick in the dirt. Wife almost called PD. Can't categorize it. Feels almost like a barb high. someone should do a lab on it and see what gets released.