• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD (1000+ug) - Experienced - The worst nightmare of my life

I refuse to say it is a lie, BUT as I have already stated this type of experience is foreign to me and many freinds who have tripped very hard.

BUT everyone is different, I had a freind named Scott who had persription glasses and NEVER once got visuals, not on shrooms not on LSD, He always felt great felt intense felt alot of what eveyone else felt, laughed uncontrollably with us, BUT never not one got a visual.... not even closed eyes

he was a heavy drinker, not sure if that had anything to do with it, I was always asking him if he was seeing anything this time

and I was heavily into techno at that point, normally the dead just bothered me... not on a 10 strip

nope everything looks normal, even on a heavy dose of boomers that had everyone else heavily involved in thier own inner worlds.... and the kid smoked good weed with us to.

Alls I am saying is I have seen the moon split and move as my tracers became so intense just eyemovement caused heavy reactions. I have seen alien and deamon faces come out of the bushes.... but some how I still was cognisant enough to know they were just bushes.

I looked up into the night sky and due to the colors and crazy noises I was sure for a couple minutes that UFO's were about to land, and they were some how being attracted by my brain waves....

but then I came to my senses

I was convinced breifly that much like a dream I could turn a corner and change a room to what ever I wanted it to be.... only to realize it wasn't a dream it was just a trip.....

I can remember on the bad trip I turned to my freind Jim and I said.... this is like a dream .... or maybe a night mare.

and jim who was also on about 7 or 8 tabs said..

"yeah.... it's like a dream, but if you get hit by a car now you die it aint a dream it's a fucking drug.

and he was right, cause he knew just how mental I was....

but going to another land... no... never happened not to me.

now on the 10 strip of hearts and onks that was all good, listening to the Greatful dead just blew me away I was able to close my eyes and gain full control of the clockwork of it all it was majestic it was syncronized, it was everything the koolaid tests were supposed to be .... but once again did I go to egypt not... for one moment, I passed through intricate layes of a clockwork world inside my minds eye, as Sunshine Day dream played, Scarlet Begoinas was INCREADIBLE. but I did not travel back in time I just worked my way through the visuals..... and always knew where my body was

I doubt you took 1000ug, you would not have been able to move let alone walk around and journey to other people's homes. Not trying to downplay what you went through, just that I think your dosing estimate is off. When I did 1000ug the hallucinations overtook everything and I couldn't even see the room anymore. Moving was impossible. I was flat on my back for 5 hours.

Not surprised that you are afraid of mind altering now. You weren't in the proper environment and you were very hasty about your dose, two things that will fuck you over when it comes to LSD. Liquid usually tends to be stronger than blotter IME. But you did ask for a life changing experience so it sounds like the universe delivered.

I'm not a fan of pharmaceutical interventions. They tend to disrupt the psychology of the trip. If your trip is a nightmare and you get through it in tact, it feels like you survived; but if you disrupt the trip at all, it feels like an incomplete journey that you backed down from. Best thing for bad trips is to have an experienced person with you who can talk you down if you are flipping your shit.

If you were in a better environment, you could have surrendered to the experience and got through it okay, but you were resisting bigtime and so your trip turned evil. Someone I know did 20 hits of acid that her friend thought were weak for her first trip, and she ended up doing something like 3mg of LSD. She got through it by lying on her bed, surrendering, and listened to pleasant music. In the future if you do psychs I strongly recommend going about it more wisely. They are not to be trifled with.

It's really all what you become accustomed to. 1,000 mics really isn't much. I'd be fully functional and normal almost on that. With that said this person did suggest they were inexperienced with the drug.

I doubt you took 1000ug, you would not have been able to move let alone walk around and journey to other people's homes. Not trying to downplay what you went through, just that I think your dosing estimate is off. When I did 1000ug the hallucinations overtook everything and I couldn't even see the room anymore. Moving was impossible. I was flat on my back for 5 hours.

Not surprised that you are afraid of mind altering now. You weren't in the proper environment and you were very hasty about your dose, two things that will fuck you over when it comes to LSD. Liquid usually tends to be stronger than blotter IME. But you did ask for a life changing experience so it sounds like the universe delivered.

I'm not a fan of pharmaceutical interventions. They tend to disrupt the psychology of the trip. If your trip is a nightmare and you get through it in tact, it feels like you survived; but if you disrupt the trip at all, it feels like an incomplete journey that you backed down from. Best thing for bad trips is to have an experienced person with you who can talk you down if you are flipping your shit.

If you were in a better environment, you could have surrendered to the experience and got through it okay, but you were resisting bigtime and so your trip turned evil. Someone I know did 20 hits of acid that her friend thought were weak for her first trip, and she ended up doing something like 3mg of LSD. She got through it by lying on her bed, surrendering, and listened to pleasant music. In the future if you do psychs I strongly recommend going about it more wisely. They are not to be trifled with.

1. i didn't journey anywhere, i was driven.
2. i was FLOORED in 25 minutes
3. when i walked around, i was falling all over the place and after a what i'd guess to be couple minutes i fell to the ground (this was still at the very beginning of the trip), and shortly after became floored again and was blown through multiple dimensions of ever-enfolding visuals

who knows if it was 1000 mics. i don't have my doubts about that, i know for damn certain i totally lost my vision during the peak, what i'd guess to be 2 hrs in.

This is what you get though never ever underestimate the power of Psychedelic, Entheogenic, Empathogenic herbs and drugs. I Only stick to shrooms and I don't push myself I enjoy my 1 gram to 2.5 gram trips. Actually my trips at 2 to 2.5 grams are powerful, don't underestimate the power of psychedelic herbs. Lately I am not doing shrooms but if I where to do them tommrrw I would start at 1 gram and I dont really want to try acid. Why take such a high dosage at once??? it takes the joy out of the good stuff. All drugs r the same Small and Moderate doses are good.

no.... it does not take the joy out of anything if the setting is proper and your experience level is where it was supposed to be. Now that being said not all tabs are equal, and unless you really know 100% that your volume was dead on liquid may not be 100% perfect either for microgram doses.

I have had paper that was double dipped where 2 was definately powerful and I have done over a very long time of building up my confidence level alot of chemicals.

Mushroom are not perfect and trust me when I ate the small amount I ate of Hawian caps it Blew me away, and I know it wasn't that much. eating too much over 4 to 5 grams will create some hurt so to speak, so yeah I could see too much ruiining it.

Chemicals are quite different, and LSD can be pushed I have had Awsome times on 6 and 8 hits just awsome.

now granted the hangover can be brutal

Yes, obviously not a 1000 mcg trip. Read my latest LSD trip report to get an idea of what 180 micrograms of LSD is like - already ego dissolving.

Dealers almost ALWAYS exaggerate doses. Lab analyses of countless blotters have demonstrated the paper to contain significantly lesser dosages than what was advertised.

Yes, obviously not a 1000 mcg trip. Read my latest LSD trip report to get an idea of what 180 micrograms of LSD is like - already ego dissolving.

Dealers almost ALWAYS exaggerate doses. Lab analyses of countless blotters have demonstrated the paper to contain significantly lesser dosages than what was advertised.

and what makes you so sure that was 180 ug.....?

it surely wasn't.

here's a chart of acid's dosage by effects, i rated my trip as 1000 ug based on what i read.

"20 mics- threshold, and some people see visuals, some dont. I personally do very easily.

30 mics- threshold, same

40 mics- obviously tripping a little bit but again, some people wouldnt see visuals.

60 mics- = The typical low quality blotter. Tripping, but in my opinion nothing like even one gram of shrooms. It makes for a good time though. Lasts longer than a gram of shrooms.

90 mics- This is where it starts getting weird, because it is most certainly more intense for some people than a gram of mushrooms.

110 mics- like a gram and a half of mushrooms. A hit of some really good lsd.

150 mics-For alot of people this is quite amazing and intense. Obvious and interesting for anyone who is not a vegetable.
----------------------------------------------------------------
(incraments I mention will stay the same but the effects of upping it 50 mics becomes more intense than above the line.

200 mics- equal to about an 8th of mushrooms, (or more for some people).

250 mics- scares the living daylights out of some people, yet some people handle it really well, much like an 8th of mushrooms. This is the dose at which I have witnessed someone become very confused. He could "see" but he didnt know where he was(in his best friends driveway). When the comedown started, he was fine, and he became a rockstar. It was one of the best experiences of his life. (thats what I get for tripping with people around for the first time in a long while) Me and one friend had to talk this guy down for about a half hour.

300 mics- your getting into heavy territory. Still not considered by most to be a heavy dose, but thats only because they know where most people including themselves draw the line if they are experienced. Its alot like 250 mics though.

400 mics- most people would never take this much unless they knew the acid they have in their possesion and really wanted to get pretty far out there.
This is why you dont see 200+ mic hits around.

500 mics- pretty much where even some of the most experienced people draw the line. Your vision is almost completely enveloped by fractal patterns, and if you were to stare at some pavement or something, it looks like you can see to the end of eternity. Miles and miles of visual depth.

700 mics- most people who talk of taking a ten strip usually dont have very potent acid(though it is good), so 550 to 700 is where they end up. This is also where "more acid" becomes less important because the effects are very similar to an even higher dose.

1000 mics- Most people will never go there. If you had a "two hits and you are floored" type of lsd, or 100 mics and up hits, this is where a ten strip would put you. You basically cant see anything but visuals, your mind as a whole is infinately connected with its self and your external environment. Amazing things happen on this dose no matter what. It would scare most people shitless. Some people will think they are dieing. Many would end up dialing 911 if they were alone and could read the numbers on the phone.

1500 mics- is almost exactly like 1700 mics. 1700 mics being the most I have ever done. Very few people have used this much lsd.
It is VERY psychologically dangerous for some people to do this. You can no longer really see your own hand in front of your face. Your cognition and vision are both bathed in the same light. Some people forget to breath frequently, and id imagine alot of people would pass out. You will loose your ego, but you will meet many organizers of human cognition in this egoless place. They are much smarter than human beings. "they" *are self conscious neurology.
They are the mathematicians behind consciousness and even the visuals themselves.
A dose 700 mics and above will show anyone some very profound things. Doses like 500 mics and above have changed many lives in both positive and negative ways. Still, it is no more threatening than mushrooms. So dont get me wrong.

Will I ever take 1000+ mics again? Hell no....But I wouldnt give up those ridiculously heavy experiences for anything."

it surely wasn't.

here's a chart of acid's dosage by effects, i rated my trip as 1000 ug based on what i read.

"20 mics- threshold, and some people see visuals, some dont. I personally do very easily.

30 mics- threshold, same

40 mics- obviously tripping a little bit but again, some people wouldnt see visuals.

60 mics- = The typical low quality blotter. Tripping, but in my opinion nothing like even one gram of shrooms. It makes for a good time though. Lasts longer than a gram of shrooms.

90 mics- This is where it starts getting weird, because it is most certainly more intense for some people than a gram of mushrooms.

150 mics-For alot of people this is quite amazing and intense. Obvious and interesting for anyone who is not a vegetable.
(incraments I mention will stay the same but the effects of upping it 50 mics becomes more intense than above the line.

250 mics- scares the living daylights out of some people, yet some people handle it really well, much like an 8th of mushrooms. This is the dose at which I have witnessed someone become very confused. He could "see" but he didnt know where he was(in his best friends driveway). When the comedown started, he was fine, and he became a rockstar. It was one of the best experiences of his life. (thats what I get for tripping with people around for the first time in a long while) Me and one friend had to talk this guy down for about a half hour.

300 mics- your getting into heavy territory. Still not considered by most to be a heavy dose, but thats only because they know where most people including themselves draw the line if they are experienced. Its alot like 250 mics though.

400 mics- most people would never take this much unless they knew the acid they have in their possesion and really wanted to get pretty far out there.

500 mics- pretty much where even some of the most experienced people draw the line. Your vision is almost completely enveloped by fractal patterns, and if you were to stare at some pavement or something, it looks like you can see to the end of eternity. Miles and miles of visual depth.

700 mics- most people who talk of taking a ten strip usually dont have very potent acid(though it is good), so 550 to 700 is where they end up. This is also where "more acid" becomes less important because the effects are very similar to an even higher dose.

1000 mics- Most people will never go there. If you had a "two hits and you are floored" type of lsd, or 100 mics and up hits, this is where a ten strip would put you. You basically cant see anything but visuals, your mind as a whole is infinately connected with its self and your external environment. Amazing things happen on this dose no matter what. It would scare most people shitless. Some people will think they are dieing. Many would end up dialing 911 if they were alone and could read the numbers on the phone.

1500 mics- is almost exactly like 1700 mics. 1700 mics being the most I have ever done. Very few people have used this much lsd.
It is VERY psychologically dangerous for some people to do this. You can no longer really see your own hand in front of your face. Your cognition and vision are both bathed in the same light. Some people forget to breath frequently, and id imagine alot of people would pass out. You will loose your ego, but you will meet many organizers of human cognition in this egoless place. They are much smarter than human beings. "they" *are self conscious neurology.
They are the mathematicians behind consciousness and even the visuals themselves.
A dose 700 mics and above will show anyone some very profound things. Doses like 500 mics and above have changed many lives in both positive and negative ways. Still, it is no more threatening than mushrooms. So dont get me wrong.

Will I ever take 1000+ mics again? Hell no....But I wouldnt give up those ridiculously heavy experiences for anything."

it surely wasn't.

30 mics- threshold, same

I like your gauge and agree with much of what you have written. At Kenyon in Ohio in early 1995 thats when I took two hits of really really fantastic double dipped paper. It was on the same level as two cubes. Most of the kids I was at colledge with had trips under their belt, but having more experience then them, plus having been exposed to E really gave me an odd kind of edge I suppose. Some of them were just floored by how potent it was the 3 girls I ran into couldn't believe how "functional " I was because they were just on one 1... and they were realy kind of overwhelmed. WHen these kinds of things hit a small liberal arts school everyone pretty much trips togeather... I knew at that point somehow my mind worked on a different level.

I pushed cubes to 3 hits one night and it was just soooooooooo clean, so nice I saw no need to push liquid further, nor was it readily available. WHen I did boomers when I was young I started at half an 1/8th roughly oh say 2 grams lil less. worked my way up to 1/8th then pushed it past there but never quite got to a 1/4" the stomach discomfort and thought of pukeing never sat right with me.

At highschool parties taking a hit or two of normal LSD, gave me a solid buzz some visuals and gave me an ability to drink like a mo fo. I found that as I started to push it up later lin life beer ..... just lost all of it's appeal, it smelled awful once I started to push things much past 4 and 5 hits .... plus I felt no need to put another buzz on what I was already experiencing. Hard liqiuor good hard liquior on the other hand held some interest even if it was breif... I can remember taking a shot of absolute on 6 hits and Method mans lyrics sprung into my head LOL chest hairs a perm

one or two shots just to enjoy the warmth and then time to back off... just to examine the feeling really.

I agree my 10 strip of hearts and onks may have jus been 700 ug. I do think some people just have a mind set that allows them more control.... some people think they have it and then LSD smacks them in the face.

I had minimum exposure maybe 2 to 5 event total to pychadelics when I found out what goes on at Raves in the Early 90's at that point I turned my focus from LSD to MDMA and while I did go back and forth for a solid 3 maybe 4 years Raves were more my thing then highschool and colledge parties. This could also be a reason why beer and basic parties lost all appeal. But Raves are such a powerful environment it generates a different set of mental strengths. Taking E at Rave first was the only way to go.... but eventually I did delve into LSD at Raves and then the inevitable candyflips... most I ever did there 4 hits of LSD past the come up into the early part of the trip then dropped to E bombs ontop of that and BOY was that alot of fun.

I don't think anyone should mess with higher doses .... past the 6 hit mark until they have a good solid 20 to 30 progressively stronger experiences under thier belts.

Mushrooms in tea form .... no idea how much I drank REALLY did me in and I agree at time boomers can be quite frightening more 'confusion' early into things on higher doses then man made products.

Last edited:
Everyone is different, I regularly used to go over 700 mics and loved it, I don't really consider it a proper acid experience unless i take at least 500mics - but this is not a recreational activity at those doses, i do it VERY rarely and alone in darkness, I don't bother with low dose social adventures with it anymore, that was fun 25 years ago but now it's moved to a whole new level, and also shrooms have kind of replaced acid as my preferred substance.

This is some of the craziest, most interesting shit I've read in a long time. Great original post. I've only tripped a few times. First time was awful, the rest were a ton of fun.

it surely wasn't.

30 mics- threshold, same

While not neccessarily disputing that these are the types of experiences some may experience at certain dosage increments I think it's a bit absurd to think you can make any sort of accurate guesstimate of how many mics you've taken based on your experience while tripping. The reality is unless you personally know (and can trust) your chemist or can have the acid tested you just really can't judge things even close to that.

Excellent report! I have experienced something like this as well, including the singularity and personal transformation... only it was with mushrooms.

When I first started reading I was also thinking about your guesstimation of the dose, but when I read on I realized that it is totally besides the point when something like this happened to you. Maybe that is not really rational, but I emphasize with the devastation this causes. This is on a completely different level and has little to do with the Shulgin scale or rating of intensity.

Also good description: rather than a NDE this is a beyond death or beyond life and death trip. I also literally feel like since that day, everything about my life is bonus time. I feel like I should be dead, I accepted that my life had been an illusion and that it was all at an end, and that I merged into absolute unity. Existing in singularity lasted for hours and living past that is just so confusing.
It's different from other ego-deaths for me as well because of how everything is ripped away rather than slipping into it like most ego dissolution experiences.

This is almost impossible to explain to people who have not gone through something as traumatic as this, but I feel you.

^ I feel as though I've been to a similar place, I cried tears of joy for at least 20 minutes upon arriving back to reality and it took me many months to truly accept what had happened. Most beautiful moment of my life, for sure.

yeah ego death has defined me as an individual ever since. after the dose i simply was never the same again.

i couldn't begin to fathom a higher dose. or a thumbprint. some people are just ballsy.

I don't really consider it ballsy, but I don't think I'd hesitate if the oppurtunity to thumbprint presented itself...so long as I had reliable company.