• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No cross-tolerance between etizolam and xanax?

milfhunter

Bluelighter
Hey BL

Last night I took 1mg of xanax, which I don't have a lot of experience with. I didn't expect much of it, since my standard recreational dose of etizolam has become 4mg and you always hear people say that 1mg xanax = 1mg etizolam.

Anyhow, I felt the effects within 20 minutes. I didn't find it nowhere near as fun as an etizolam dose, though. But to my surprise, within 90 minutes or so, I fell asleep in front of the TV. This has never ever happened to me on etizolam. Sure, it helps me fall asleep quicker, but it doesn't make me pass out in front of the TV.

Some questions:

1) Why did I pass out in front of the TV? Is it because xanax just has more knock-out power than etizolam? Or because there is no cross-tolerance between the two i.e. just because I can handle a higher dose of etizolam doesn't mean I can handle xanax?

2) Which of the two do you personally find more fun: xanax or etizolam?

Thanks!
milfhunter

I don't take much etizolam.
But the one time i did xanax - during a nice day in a recreational movie watching setting - 1mg knocked me out too right in front of the tv. Woke up 5 hours later feeling very robbed of time.

i went through a 50 pack of etizolam in august, and never had any pass out issues. this month i got ahold of 10 1 mg xanax, and one night using them i emptied my bladder in my bed. yes, i completely pissed myself. shirt, shorts, pants, you name it i was soaked. and i am 100% it was xanax that did it. be safe bro

I found there to be little cross tolerance between Xanax and etizolam.

i went through a 50 pack of etizolam in august, and never had any pass out issues. this month i got ahold of 10 1 mg xanax, and one night using them i emptied my bladder in my bed. yes, i completely pissed myself. shirt, shorts, pants, you name it i was soaked. and i am 100% it was xanax that did it. be safe bro

10mg alprazolam in 1 night? I'm quite sure it wasn't the alprazolam that did it but the user due to taking too much at once ;) At therapeutic doses (0.25-0.5mg) I have never just passed out or pissed myself.

There should be cross-tolerance hypothetically, and although I've never done etizolam, I sincerely doubt it's equipotent to alprazolam.

According to the equivalency chart I'm looking at, it's half as strong as alprazolam, so 1mg alprazolam = 2mg etizolam.

I found there to be little cross tolerance between Xanax and etizolam.

Agreed. Also, I found etizolam to not help much in alprazolam withdrawal.

According to the equivalency chart I'm looking at, it's half as strong as alprazolam, so 1mg alprazolam = 2mg etizolam.

The equivalency charts are all over the place with this one, probably because etizolam can be viewed as either an anxiolytic or a hypnotic. I personally say that they are very similar in dose, with alprazolam being more intoxicating.

i think tc is pretty much right on. i can take 1 mg xanax and feel like i would from 2 mg of etizolam. i think 1 mg is even 10% stronger than 2mg. i think 1mg etizolam = .4mg xanax. for some reason xanax also have ALOT more knockout power. i pass out on xanax solid, however with etizolam, if i start early enough in the day, ican do 2mg doses and even 3 mg doses and go through a full blister pack in 12 hours without falling asleep. granted i would be really woozy for most of the day.