• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

Sup guys

267950_105550082875157_100002604976776_55164_7842122_n.jpg

everytime i smoke a cig when at home i throw darts in the garage (american style board)

i'm fascinated in darts cause it's one of the few things that i just can't get any better at, no matter how much i practice

the rare times i'm at a bar you can find me throwing darts, shooting pool,or throwing horse shoes(yeah, most bars have horseshoe pits here in rural town) anything to get away from the gossip

So this forum just totally dies when its not football season or wut?

pretty much

I wish there was an NBA thread, as no one has started it all year. we have a lot of Lakers fans here, and I'm guessing they've been so butt-hurt over suddenly becoming a mediocre team, that they don't come here anymore. I'm a Cavs fan, and currently watching them with a Ling Ling. I would start the NBA thread, but I feel I start way to many threads in my own forum as it is...

the weather finally broke here in Ohio, it's been gorgeous. I plan to get some sun and play some disc golf very soon. I've become pretty good at it since I've played ever since high school... I'll report back with how I do :)

So this forum just totally dies when its not football season or wut?
that's the beauty of the PGA season, it begins during NFL playoffs and ends during week 2 of the NFL season

sundays are awesome, all year round man

come join us

I wish there was an NBA thread, as no one has started it all year. we have a lot of Lakers fans here, and I'm guessing they've been so butt-hurt over suddenly becoming a mediocre team, that they don't come here anymore. I'm a Cavs fan, and currently watching them with a Ling Ling. I would start the NBA thread, but I feel I start way to many threads in my own forum as it is...

Official 2012 NBA Thread vers LINSANITY

Why are most Gamestop employees douchbags?

Until today I hadn't bought any games in the two years, so I decided to stock up on some titles I've been wanting to get to. The guy at the counter is chatting loudly and obnoxiously with his buddy about how much some customer sucks while two people are waiting in line. Then his friend decides to pre-order Mass Effect 3 and it takes about 10 minutes to complete the order for some reason.

I put five games on the counter and he stares at me, then asks "Are you acquiring all of those?"

"...yeah"

"Oh too bad..."

It takes about 5 minutes to complete the purchase because he has to find the games and put them in the cases. As I walk away he says to the person behind me "Sorry man, I should have let you go first." The fuck? Sorry for spending $250 in your store dude.

I've been to about a dozen different Gamestops over the last 10 years and it seems like a majority of the employees are either incompetent or total dicks. Is it in the job description or something?

i think this is just one of those things where if you only have met a couple people from a certain race you'd expect everyone like them to act like that when really you've only seen a small amount of gamestop employees out of all of the other ones there actually are.

I wonder how big LOVELIFE's boner is now that his Knicks have Lin, and are for once not a laughing stock?

I don't know, if you do a search for gamestop employees it appears I'm definitely not the only one who's noticed this. I mean every chain store has a proportion of rude employees but gamestop seems off the chart. It's odd, even shitty minimum wage jobs are scarce right now, so you'd think the management would have the opportunity to be a bit more selective.

I don't think I've noticed an abnormal amount of rudeness at Gamestop. It seems like all customer service peeps are rude these days.
But, usually they won't even look at me, mostly they look at the floor if I have to ask them something.
I find that rude, when someone won't look at me when I talk to them.
Maybe it's because I'm a woman?
They've probably not been within 10 feet of the opposite sex before. OOOps..was that rude?
I guess it's rubbing off. Sorry :(
<3token

well one thing I've noticed about gamestop is that they aren't very organized. Last time I was there, it took them 10 minutes to find my game in the used section. I don't find them to be rude at all though, the guy apologized for taking so long.

if you're annoyed at gamestop, why not email them to complain? a rant here is of little value if you want something to happen as a result of your experience...

alasdair

I don't know, it could be because the atmosphere in those stores is awful. It is like painful to look around in those stores. Last time I went in one of those stores my friend was looking for an old copy of diablo, but I felt gross after being there for just 30 seconds and went to wait outside. It is such an aggressive audio visual assault of entertainment in there. I would never work there, but if I did Im sure it would have a pretty negative effect on my mental state and patience too.

Ooooh I don't know?

Maybe it's because they work at gamestop.

Basically when the management don't do their job properly, the staff morale goes down and they don't really care any more. They get away with it, you treat them like shit and so do their managers, so all they do is bare minimum to keep their jobs!

Happens in most badly run companies, just gamestores tend to attract hordes of male teenagers, both sides of the till. Odd demographics, extreme example of shite customer service.

Last edited: