• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[AMT Subthread] Injecting AMT

Please please please don't be so stupid as to shoot up AMT! 80 mg oral freebase definitely caused me some hypertension/thermal regulation problems (severe hypertensive headache, large increase in heart rate, body load etc). A freind's girlfriend had serious overheating problems on only 27 mg, so bad that he had to take care of her all night in order to make sure ambulances didn't have to be called. And this AMT was from a reliable supplier whom we know personally and trust (The NMR of the shit also looked excellent). If you are so foolhardy as to shoot up AMT, please take it orally first to figure out how sensitive you are before you inject it. If the duration is too long for you, just take some long-acting benzos when you want it to end.
---5HT-2

^^
Fucking Christ
You are asking somebody not to IV is while you freebase 80 fucking mg.
Dumbass, don't tell me that you didnt read the dosing requirements.

hey atlas, notice that my post said 80 mg *ORAL* freebase (as opposed to the hcl salt). So I did eat it. FYI I tried doses of 40 and 60 mg AMT, both of which I easily handled, before trying 80 mg. I would never even consider smoking that much; in fact, after an unpleasant experience smoking ~15 mg AMT I do not think I will ever smoke that shit again. Eating is the way to go.
---5HT-2

The capacity for people who should know better to do dumb things just blows my mind. Injecting research chemicals of uncertain purity is a bad idea. This isn't a stereotype, its a statement of fact. A trained person injecting a known drug of known purity is fine, though nothing I'd do personally... but if you're planning to inject some AMT you bought over the internet, thats dumb. You want to trip harder? Take more, or maybe try vaporizing it, or take a more intense drug. You want to trip shorter? Take less, or vaporize it, or take a shorter acting drug.

Originally posted by Murple:
Injecting research chemicals of uncertain purity is a bad idea.
Obviously...you could even say injecting any chemicals of uncertain purity is a bad idea...
And still, people are going to be injecting chemicals no matter what, irregardless of what anyone in this world, or even what thier common sense tells them. This is also a statement of fact. So, rather than just criticize people in vain, why not at least try to help them stay as safe as possible?
Basically, instead of approaching from the angle of unwavering dogma and condescension, try one of harm reduction, it seems to work much better...
Brainrape
PS- Thanks for the AMT references

I am aware of the dangers of IV injection. I'm not saying that it is without dangers. I'm not 'recommending' that everyone bang every RC they can get their hands on. But for some of the longer acting drugs, I DO think IV injection is worth considering. And I do feel that there is a unfair bias against even CONSIDERING this form of drug administration.
Murple said:
You want to trip shorter? Take less, or vaporize it, or take a shorter acting drug.
'Taking less', by all accounts, would do little to significantly reduce the length of the AMT high. And taking less (enough to really affect the length of the high) would probably reduce most of the subjective effects of the drug as well -- i.e. it would be pointless to take such a low dose. I am surprised that you even said such a thing -- 'taking less' doesn't do that much to reduce the length of the high, in general with drugs.
And I don't have a vaporizer (nor would I ever smoke AMT -- I'm not a fan of smoking things).
Basically, instead of approaching from the angle of unwavering dogma and condescension, try one of harm reduction, it seems to work much better...
Well said.
[ 04 May 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

Originally posted by Brainrape:

Harm reduction for shooting AMT: having a SOBER CPR-certified friend on hand to call 911 in case you OD.
---5HT-2

How can you make such assumptions that it is so overwhelmingly dangerous when you've probably never even heard from someone who has IV'd it?

Originally posted by Ayrios:
How can you make such assumptions that it is so overwhelmingly dangerous when you've probably never even heard from someone who has IV'd it?
Better to be safe than sorry. A friend of mine took 27 mg *ORAL* AMT and this happened to her:
www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php3?ID=13984
Just goes to show what kind of shit can go down even if you think you are being safe with your dosage. With IV'ing, of course, the potential for a fuckup like this is increased greatly. By the way, fairnymph, your needle fetish is really beginning to sicken me.
---5HT-2

There is NO SAFE WAY to take experimental psychedelics by IV injection. The only harm reduction approach possible is to say "don't inject it, take it orally if you're going to take it." Sure, people are still probably going to do it, and its their choice, but if you think giving them a false sense of security by saying "the safe way to do it is..." counts as harm reduction, thats a serious abuse of the term "harm reduction." Sure, you've got every right to inject AMT or anything else you want... just be aware that injecting experimental drugs you bought off the internet is a really really dumb idea that is highly dangerous. If you're worried about harm, DON'T DO IT! If that seems condescending to you, good... stupidity is not something that deserves respect. AMT is not heroin or cocaine, its an experimental drug. Harm reduction doesn't really apply to experimental drugs because you can't minimize the risks of the unknown other than by not taking the risk in the first place. Research chemicals are fundamentally different from standard drugs because nobody really knows jack shit about them. If you want to do AMT harm reduction, come back in 5 to 10 years and maybe we'll know enough about it then to make an attempt at distributing harm reduction information. For now, thats simply not an option, other than to say "injecting experimental drugs you bought on the internet is stupidly dangerous."

I would say try to boil off the impurities before you inject it. AMT comes with a lot of organic/inorganic impurities that have a reaction in ur body. Taking AMT orally greatly filters out any of these latent impurites. Talk to one of the chemists on this board. I am sure they could guide you as to how to do this.
AMT works fine orally for me. And mixing smoked and oral dosages is way intense. I don't see any need in injecting it except to satisfy curiosity. Can someone please kill this post.
Chris

Originally posted by Murple:
There is NO SAFE WAY to take experimental psychedelics by IV injection. The only harm reduction approach possible is to say "don't inject it, take it orally if you're going to take it." Sure, people are still probably going to do it, and its their choice, but if you think giving them a false sense of security by saying "the safe way to do it is..." counts as harm reduction, thats a serious abuse of the term "harm reduction."
I think my harm reduction strategy was viable. Having a CPR-trained friend on hand to call 911 is definitely harm reduction. It could mean the difference between life and death. Of course, you could die regardless due to the speed with which an IV dose kicks in.
Sure, you've got every right to inject AMT or anything else you want... just be aware that injecting experimental drugs you bought off the internet is a really really dumb idea that is highly dangerous. If you're worried about harm, DON'T DO IT! If that seems condescending to you, good... stupidity is not something that deserves respect.
I agree. It is an incredible act of stupidity to risk your life just to get a shorter high. If you think it isn't, then you need to reexamine your priorities. Anybody who values shooting up over their life deserves all the condescension that can be heaped on them.
AMT is not heroin or cocaine, its an experimental drug.
Moreover, AMT is NOT your typical tryptamine. It is the indole analog of amphetamine. Thus, it is a far more powerful stimulant than other tryptamines. Anybody who has experienced the shitty AMT come-up knows that it definitely fucks with your body more than the average psychedelic.
Harm reduction doesn't really apply to experimental drugs because you can't minimize the risks of the unknown other than by not taking the risk in the first place.
Decreasing the possibility of death in the event of an OD is definitely a form of harm reduction, though NOT the most effective one.
Research chemicals are fundamentally different from standard drugs because nobody really knows jack shit about them. If you want to do AMT harm reduction, come back in 5 to 10 years and maybe we'll know enough about it then to make an attempt at distributing harm reduction information.
In my opinion, It'll take a lot more than 5 or 10 years for us to find out enough about AMT to really make possible any harm reduction that does not fall within the realm of dealing with a medical emergency.
---5HT-2

experimental drugs you bought off the internet

Umm, stop making assumptions. Who ever said that I (or the original poster) was buying the drug in question off the internet?

Injecting 5 mg of AMT, could well be a much better high (with LESS NAUSEA, quite possibly), and as safe if not safer, than the 40 mg or so oral doses that plenty of people take regularly. I am NOT considering injecting 30 mg or something ridiculous like that. And even with a dose of 5 mg, much of that dose could be stuck on the spoon/inside of needle and never even make its way into the bloodstream, so this is an even lower dose than it seems.

I have *NEVER* gotten substantially fucked up from injecting a drug. I have gotten moderately high from IV meth once and IV coke once -- and both after I had IVed the drugs at sub-recreational amounts on numerous occasions. I got mildly high from IVing 15 mg 4-AcO-DET. I won't go into my experience with tryptamines, but I have taken them and found that my tolerance is naturally quite high. I realize that this may not extend to AMT, but I do think it is possible I will feel very little from 5 mg IVed.

In any case, I am not looking to get "really fucked up" by IVing, and neither does my 'needle fetish' play into this (I don't enjoy IVing myself at all & rarely do so); I am looking to overcome some of the disadadvantages of other methods, so that I can have a mild, enjoyable experience.

If you think I am stupid for wanting to try this, then you are either a poor judge of intelligence/personality, or you do not know me very well.

I won't reveal any personal details here, but I can think of times when both Murple and 5HT-2 have been just as, if not more so, experimental/risky with research chemicals/drugs. If you think that "oh, it's ok for me, but not other people, they're too stupid" -- well then spare me the egotism and the hypocrisy. It is not, nor should it be, your place to make any value judgements about me or my behaviour, or those of others.

I have always extended the utmost respect to you both and I would appreciate it if you did the same.

Last edited:
When they start posting about banging 5meo-amt.. then I'll freak out..
Wanna shoot AMT kiddies? Try ONE or TWO mg first. Doesn't do anything? fine. Try four or five in a day or so. Doesn't work? Increase in very small increments. Better to spend a week or two working up to your dose than to find out in one night that you took too much, and trying to explain in the ER that you injected the tryptamine version of amphetamine.
Wanna test the unknown? Wanna dance in the dark in a pit of rattlers? At least start fucking slowly and don't let us hear about it on the news.
For the record I absolutely condemn this activity, but please start slow if you are going to do this. Even five mg's to start off scares me.. that could be far more than one needs.
who knows? Certainly not me.. and not you either. Do the tried-and-true method of starting lower than you think a dose might possibly be, and building up to the dose, instead of jumping in headfirst. This is even a Murple-approved method (see his report on AMDIPT.. certainly a risk-taker, that murple..).

Originally posted by fairnymph:
Injecting 5 mg of AMT, could well be a much better high (with LESS NAUSEA no doubt), and as safe if not safer, than the 40 mg or so oral doses that plenty of people take regularly.
The nausea thing is a good point. AMT is the ONLY drug that has made me vomit aside from ayahuasca, and my drug experience encompasses 2C-T-7, 2C-B, 2C-I, LSD, mushrooms, 4-AcO-DET, 5-MeO-DIPT, 5-MeO-DMT, NN-DMT, salvia, MDMA, MDA, MBDB, marijuana, ketamine, coke, amphetamine, methylphenidate, 1,4-butanediol, heroin, and opium.
I am NOT considering injecting 30 mg or something ridiculous like that. And even with a dose of 5 mg, much of that dose could be stuck on the spoon/inside of needle and never even make its way into the bloodstream, so this is an even lower dose than it seems.
True.
I have *NEVER* gotten substantially fucked up from injecting a drug. I have gotten moderately high from IV meth once and IV coke once -- and both after I had IVed the drugs at sub-recreational amounts on numerous occasions. I got mildly high from IVing 15 mg 4-AcO-DET. I won't go into my experience with tryptamines, but I have taken them and found that my tolerance is naturally quite high.
Also true. You are definitely a very careful person with drugs in general.
I realize that this may not extend to AMT, but I do think it is possible I will feel very little from 5 mg IVed.
Be prudent and assume the former.
In any case, I am not looking to get "really fucked up" by IVing, and neither does my 'needle fetish' play into this.
While it is DEFINITELY true that you are not looking to get "really fucked up," you have a needle fetish and it definitely does play into this. You find people attractive if they have good veins, god damn it! When you met your current love interest, you were comparing veins with him (well, he's probably more than that) and ogling his track marks!!! And that's not a needle fetish?!?!?!?!?
I am looking to overcome some of the disadadvantages of other methods, so that I can have a mild, enjoyable experience.
While it is true that other methods have significant disadvantages, the risks of IVing outweigh them in my opinion. Remember that I have done AMT 4 times and you have not. It has more significant physiological side effects than any other tryptamine I've done.
If you think I am stupid for wanting to try this, then you are either a poor judge of intelligence/personality, or you do not know me very well.
I don't think you're stupid, you're just naïve. I saw 3 people overdose on 1,4-butanediol this Sunday and took care of two of them so I think I have a better perspective than you. I also have experienced some SERIOUS side effects from 80 mg AMT (but maybe that was because I had a mac & cheese dinner 6 hours before).
I won't reveal any personal details here, but I can think of times when both Murple and 5HT-2 have been just as, if not more so, experimental/risky with research chemicals/drugs.
The mac & cheese/80 mg AMT combo is a case in point (if AMT is truly a strong MAOI), and ironically enough, with the same drug. However, maybe my extremely tripping state made me think my situation was more serious than it actually was (probably because it was the first time I had vomited on a pure psychedelic compound).
If you think that "oh, it's ok for me, but not other people, they're too stupid" -- well then spare me the egotism and the hypocrisy. It is not, nor should it be, your place to make any value judgements about me or my behaviour.
I would NEVER, EVER IV AMT. It is NOT OK for me! As your friend it is my place to try to prevent you from doing something that may put your life in danger.
I have always extended the utmost respect to you both and I would appreciate it if you did the same.
I have always had the utmost respect for you, but if you act immature, be prepared to be chastised. I, my roommate, and Murple have the same opinion about this injecting AMT bullshit because we have seen and been through more than you in terms of drugs (and don't even TRY to dispute this). We've fucked up and we've learned from it. We claim the authority of experience.
---5HT-2

So what this all boils down to is anybody's guess as is good as anyone's?
I think ill take paradigms advice. Im not really sure who any of the chemists on this board are. But if any of them are interested in helping email me.
IV'ed heroin and AMT sounds like one hell of a combo. j/k

> Umm, stop making assumptions. Who ever said that I (or the
> original poster) was buying the drug in question off the
> internet?
Nobody said it, but I highly doubt anyone who was capable of making their own AMT (or licensed to buy it from mainstream chemical supply houses) would be hanging out on Bluelight asking how to IV it. If you or the other post DIDN'T buy it off the internet, the only other likely alternative is that you bought it on the black market... and injecting experimental drugs you bought on the black market would be exponentially more stupid than injecting drugs you bought from shady internet companies.
> I am not looking to get "really fucked up" by IVing, and
> neither does my 'needle fetish' play into this. I am looking to
> overcome some of the disadadvantages of other methods, so
> that I can have a mild, enjoyable experience.
You are seeking to have a milder experience by taking it by a route that will give you a faster and more intense absorption? Please. You think its going to reduce side effects? How the hell do you think that? You expect it to reduce the nausea? Come on, if you're as much of an expert as you seem to think, you'd know that the nausea inducing qualities of AMT and other tryptamines are due to their action on serotonin receptors in the brain stem. Injecting it would not reduce nausea, it would just mean you'd get nausea faster and get more nausea per milligram. And your statement that injecting it could be safer than taking it orally would be laughable if it weren't so frighteningly stupid.
> If you think I am stupid for wanting to try this, then you are
> either a poor judge of intelligence/personality, or you do not
> know me very well.
Sure... That, or you are in fact stupid for wanting to try this. Its a bad idea, and that's really all it comes down to.

> Second, with or without Murple's, MGS's, or any other
> established and informed poster's blessing, people are still
> going to try and shoot up AMT.
I don't think anybody is denying that.
> So let's put our heads together to try and figure out what
> is the best and safest way to inject.
The thing is, there is no safe way to do it. You can talk about minimizing the risk all you want, but if a risk isn't minimizable there's not much you can do other than say "its a bad idea, you shouldn't do it." There's no way to minimize the unknown risks of experimental drugs. You don't know what they are, you can't take precautions against them. You can minimize the risks inherent in injection (diseases from shared needles etc), but as far as AMT specific harm reduction, thats just not a possibility at this point. It sucks, but you can't just wish that fact out of existence.
> Let's figure out what is the best method for determining purity
> and what an individual can to make sure his AMT is as pure
> as possible.
Sure, no problem. Step one is buy a GC/MS device for a few tens of thousands of dollars...
> I see people banging meth and heroin of an unknown purity,
> yet no one is giving them shit. Why is that?
Because those people generally realize what they're doing is dumb, so there's no real need to tell them so.

You tell her, Murple! But then again, she won't even listen to me, and I've bitched her out in person.
---5HT-2