• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal and Valium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wombus erectus

Bluelighter
I have searched the internet but there was really not to much information about this combination. I have done ice only two times and enjoyed my experience. I am
planning to consume sometime in the near future.

I sometimes get a bit anxious and therefore will take a temazapam on a E or LSD come up (not all the time). I know that mixing meth and valium is not good for your heart but is it really that dangerous? I have diazapam (which is stronger then the temaz) and I was thinking I would take the diazapam (5mg) and then smoke the crystal say an hour later. I feel that the valium will keep me relaxed whilst I indulge the effects of the crystal, and once the effects wear off take some more valium (5mg) to sleep.

Will the effects of the crystal be diminished at all? Will I feel worse the next day?

Peace X

I just can tell you my expirience, 6 mg Lorazepam + 2 fat joints + Amphetamin, wasnt really diminishing the positive effekts of the amphetamine exept the physikal component(but i think this is in your opinion), i don't know maybe a bit but very less, it comes smoother, i think you wont feel worse then single methamphetamin consume

Last edited:
Its never good to combine uppers and downers but in your case, yes it will probably work out just fine. Maybe need a bit more valium than 5mg though. I will tell you right now that the effects from the meth will completely override the effects from just 5mg of valium.

Well think about it - you're taking something that speeds up your heart, and your breathing, etc etc. Then, you take something that calms all that down. Your body is getting mixed signals and fighting harder than usual to stabilize.

Answer to original post : 5 mg of valium followed by 5 more later on shouldn't be overly problematic (or, problematic at all). That's a pretty small dose. Do you have much experiene with either drug? Ie - what is your experience w/ meth, and what is it with benzos (diazepam in particular)?

--Regardless, this shouldn't mess w/ the effects of the meth. You could save the benzos for the comedown/when and if you get anxious or any negative effects/feelings. Or - to sleep.

Many people (myself included) prefer to take a benzo prior to indulging in a session involving uppers. The key is to take a therapeutic dose, instead of a 'get fucked up' dose of the benzo. That way you'll still get the positive effects of the meth, while negating the negative effects by using a small dose of a benzo. It helps with the anxiety, muscle tension, paranoia, sleep issues, come-down, etc. I don't believe that combining a small dose of valium with meth is all that dangerous. Many people are prescribed adderal or dexedrine and also benzos, for this exact reason. To eliminate the negative effects/anxiety of the combination.

Just keep your doses small and don't overdue it (especially on the benzos, you don't want to black out) and you should be just fine..

Many people (myself included) prefer to take a benzo prior to indulging in a session involving uppers. The key is to take a therapeutic dose, instead of a 'get fucked up' dose of the benzo. That way you'll still get the positive effects of the meth, while negating the negative effects by using a small dose of a benzo. It helps with the anxiety, muscle tension, paranoia, sleep issues, come-down, etc. I don't believe that combining a small dose of valium with meth is all that dangerous. Many people are prescribed adderal or dexedrine and also benzos, for this exact reason. To eliminate the negative effects/anxiety of the combination.

Just keep your doses small and don't overdue it (especially on the benzos, you don't want to black out) and you should be just fine..

This post is spot on. I do the exact same thing to minimize any unpleasantness associated with stimulants.
Just follow the advice given in this post & you'll be good to go. :)

I have often used Diaz to ease into stim trips or during long trips on psyches. I don't see a problem except...

... just as an after-thought, & out of simple harm reduction... I've occassionally lost track of downer doses while on long stim seshs. I've since decided its a good idea to make notes of what you've taken & when. I think momentary memory blanks might be as common on a long speed/diaz combo as on a large benzo dose.

thank you for the feedback. I have my fair amount of experience with benzos. Temaz and demazapam especially. Not so much with the crystal. But overall have good experience when it comes to stimulants.

Well think about it - you're taking something that speeds up your heart, and your breathing, etc etc. Then, you take something that calms all that down. Your body is getting mixed signals and fighting harder than usual to stabilize.

Answer to original post : 5 mg of valium followed by 5 more later on shouldn't be overly problematic (or, problematic at all). That's a pretty small dose. Do you have much experiene with either drug? Ie - what is your experience w/ meth, and what is it with benzos (diazepam in particular)?

--Regardless, this shouldn't mess w/ the effects of the meth. You could save the benzos for the comedown/when and if you get anxious or any negative effects/feelings. Or - to sleep.

This is one of my pet peeves. Combining an upper with a downer is not inherently dangerous. Saying that the body is getting mixed signals and fighting hard to stabilize it is bullshit. That is such a vague statement that it really has no meaning in a biological sense. There are dangers when combining uppers and downers but it is not because the "body is getting mixed signals". I just looked in my physiology textbook and I could not find a mixed signals pathology describing the damage of such a thing ;-). Ok, sorry for being an asshole, but if you do not know the facts don't just say stuff that sounds correct, this is a harm reduction board. What can happen is that if you take an upper and a downer there will be a problem as the drugs are metabolized. The most likely scenario is that you will take a higher dosage of each drug because each drug is mitigating the effects of the otehr. Assuming that there are no toxicity issues, and sympathetic/parasympathetic stimulation is all we are concerned with, what usually happens is that one drug is metabolized faster than the counterpart, and thus you are suddenly left with a high plasma concentration of an upper/downer that all of the sudden has no counter part to mitigate its effects because it has been metabolized and excreted. At this point you can end up with brachycardia or tachycardia, or whatever autonomic issue could cause you problems. For example, if you take a long lasting barbituate to help mellow out a coke high, you might take a very large amount because you are so stimulated from the cocaine. The cocaine is metabolied fairly rapidly, and the plasma concentration of the barbituate continues to rise as the cocaine conentration continues to fall. All of the sudden, you could experience pulmonary and cardiac arrest.

But, if you know the half lives of two drugs and know the toxicity issues, it is relatively safe to combine an upper and a downer. Mixing benzodiazepenes and amphetamines can actually decrease the overall malignant effects of amphetamines, and it is why they are sometimes prescribed in conjunction if an M.D. does not give a shit about the possible addiction issues.

why "exactly" make mixing benzos and uppers bad?

Imagine your body is a car

Stimulants press the gas

Downers go in reverse

So the car is trying to go in reverse and forward at the same time

In any case, I mix Adderall and Klonopin all the time... Meth is obviously stronger so I'd suggest taking a maximum of 10mg Diazepam at a time (couldn't tell you how long to wait between doses.. I can only guess 2-8 hours), just to be safe

We called that "speedbarring" around here, lol. When you take bars [benzos] with speed. It is nice if you are careful. I always go "all out" with benzos, so it is not a good combo for me. It makes me even MORE obsessive compulsive than a normal skitz. It also combines my benzo recklessness with the speediness so its very bad for me.

My friend, on the other hand, balances it out very well. He will only take a small amount of xanax [ 1mg ] every 3-4 hours to get rid of the anxiety that sometimes comes with speed. Good luck, and start at a small dose to get a feel for the combo.

This is one of my pet peeves. Combining an upper with a downer is not inherently dangerous. Saying that the body is getting mixed signals and fighting hard to stabilize it is bullshit. That is such a vague statement that it really has no meaning in a biological sense. There are dangers when combining uppers and downers but it is not because the "body is getting mixed signals". I just looked in my physiology textbook and I could not find a mixed signals pathology describing the damage of such a thing ;-). Ok, sorry for being an asshole, but if you do not know the facts don't just say stuff that sounds correct, this is a harm reduction board. What can happen is that if you take an upper and a downer there will be a problem as the drugs are metabolized. The most likely scenario is that you will take a higher dosage of each drug because each drug is mitigating the effects of the otehr. Assuming that there are no toxicity issues, and sympathetic/parasympathetic stimulation is all we are concerned with, what usually happens is that one drug is metabolized faster than the counterpart, and thus you are suddenly left with a high plasma concentration of an upper/downer that all of the sudden has no counter part to mitigate its effects because it has been metabolized and excreted. At this point you can end up with brachycardia or tachycardia, or whatever autonomic issue could cause you problems. For example, if you take a long lasting barbituate to help mellow out a coke high, you might take a very large amount because you are so stimulated from the cocaine. The cocaine is metabolied fairly rapidly, and the plasma concentration of the barbituate continues to rise as the cocaine conentration continues to fall. All of the sudden, you could experience pulmonary and cardiac arrest.

But, if you know the half lives of two drugs and know the toxicity issues, it is relatively safe to combine an upper and a downer. Mixing benzodiazepenes and amphetamines can actually decrease the overall malignant effects of amphetamines, and it is why they are sometimes prescribed in conjunction if an M.D. does not give a shit about the possible addiction issues.

Long quote sorry, but you nailed it I think so thought it deserved being repeated :)

It's the same with opioid + stimulant - there's no inherent danger, it's more when one wears off and you have too much of the other. Cocaine/opioid is especially bad, as cocaine causes tachycardia with vasoconstriction, causing reduced blood delivery to a heart with increased oxygen demands - throw in respiratiory depression and hypoxia from the opioid and it's bad news.

Benzo plus amphetamine isn't bad because of "mixed signals", it's because you might take too much of one and not realise until the other wears off, as Enlitx said.

Last edited:
Its never good to combine uppers and downers

Why won't this myth just die? Taking benzos probably even lessens the neurotoxic effects of the meth because it alleviates stimulant-induced hyperthermia.

It's the same with opioid + stimulant - there's no inherent danger

This combination, however, can increase the likelihood of lethal overdose-- so I would hardly say there's no inherent danger.

Long quote sorry, but you nailed it I think so thought it deserved being repeated :)

It's the same with opioid + stimulant - there's no inherent danger, it's more when one wears off and you have too much of the other. Cocaine/opioid is especially bad, as cocaine causes tachycardia with vasoconstriction, causing reduced blood delivery to a heart with increased oxygen demands - throw in respiratiory depression and hypoxia from the opioid and it's bad news.

Benzo plus amphetamine isn't bad because of "mixed signals", it's because you might take too much of one and not realise until the other wears off, as Enlitx said.

You learn something new everyday

This combination, however, can increase the likelihood of lethal overdose-- so I would hardly say there's no inherent danger.

Yeah, of course, I meant there's no inherent danger in terms of "mixed signals" or an interaction between the two drugs. It's more that one masks the other, and also the whole tachycardia, vasoconstriction and hypoxia thing. But yes I agree :)

the problem is when benzos come into play. You end up loosing self control (me anyway) and end up eating more then you thought you did. Thats with the weaker scale of benzos anyway. Im sure you would pass out with the alprazolam, although one of my friends that is into meth, would go on benders with the combination of xanax and meth and would not pass out for a long time.

Yeah, of course, I meant there's no inherent danger in terms of "mixed signals" or an interaction between the two drugs. It's more that one masks the other, and also the whole tachycardia, vasoconstriction and hypoxia thing. But yes I agree :)

Should this even still be open?

Best advice is given... I'm going to close now. PM me or another mod if anyone wants it to stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.