• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2 all you who said there was NO cocain in pills!!!

Argh, not this thread again...
Can anyone say 'petty semantics?' or 'insecurity complex?'

Ahhh pure pre-NYE comedy this thread is...
Luko...Watching AND sniffing the grass grow is so much more fun...But the lights really hurt after a while! ;-)...
he he he...Happy NYE all! EnJoy, smile, laugh...and be merry.

what about if I swallowed 288 GRAMS of cocaine? Would this do anything other than earn me many bluelights threads dedicated to my moronic behaviour? Like if you did something like, say, snort cheese?
:p
Lets think of it this way. With all statistical analysis, there is always a percentile that is ignored, usually the bottom and top 1-5%. So therefore, finding 1 pill with coke in it out of tens of thousands (probably hundreds) that have been manufactured in the past few years is hardly noteworthy.
Case dismissed. :)

I don't care what all of you think, I kinda like the taste of Cherry Coke.
But seriously, Johnboy, thanks for the article. Sorry to go off-topic and then go off-topic but would you or anyone else know if that method (in the article) would work with MDMA pills as well? Will the alcohol or water degrade/oxidise/react with the MDMA to reduce its potency? How long will it last? I wasn't sure if this was worthy of a new thread so please be gentle ;) . Let me know and I'll start a new thread if required.
[ 31 December 2001: Message edited by: yaya ]

Ok, so some moron put coke in a pill.
Given that such a tiny amount wouldn't get a ant out of bed I don't think we really need to give a shit.

Reply to the question about heroin: yes heroin is metabolised to 6-monoacetylmorhpine and morphine -both are still active.
And heroin is given orally for pain relief in some european countries. So it is orally active.
edit: I better give a reference...pharmacology 4th edition Rang, Dale, Ritter
Does coke come up with a colour change on EZ1 test? The ester bonds look like the first to go. It would at least bubble.
Heroin/morphine (and codeine??) come up red to purple on EZ1. That's what the tester made by www.chemicalgeneration.com.au claims. I'll test one on a pandeine pill.
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]
[ 02 January 2002: Message edited by: popper ]

COULD PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE DATE ON THE FIRST POST AND REALISE THAT THIS DEBATE IS LONG SINCE DEAD BEFORE THEY HIT THE REPLY BUTTON
...unless you have something interesting to add, which thankfully some of you do.
yaya: the answer is you could, if you really wanted. everyone knows you can snort MDMA, either as "pure" powder, or as a crushed up pill. so we all know that you can feel the effects of MDMA taken nasally. the alcohol, or water or whatever wouldnt really have any effect on the substane itself. does this mean you should do it?
you really gotta ask yourself why you'd want to do this. MDMA is a long lasting, reasonably cheap, powerful drug that works very effectivley when taken orally. Cocaine, on the other hand, is a short acting, hideously expensive drug, that isn't especially orally active and requires either intravenous injection, or close application to a mucas membrane. Due to its cost it is understandable that many peope would seek alternative ways of getting more "bang for their buck", and especially as the the most common way of using it, insufflation, can be damaging to the nose.
MDMA works just fine orally. If you find that MDMA isn't working for you as well anymore, it isn't because your stomach has stopped working, it's because your brain has changed. No alternate route of administration is going to fix that.
Also the oral route allows all your body's defenses to save you from something that might not be MDMA.
So yeah, you could take MDMA this way, the question really is why would you want to?
popper: yes heroin is orally active, but from what i understand the percentage of morphine that ends up in the bloodstream after this metabolism, especially after the small amount that could be contained in a pill, is so low as to be in most cases unfelt. AFAIK, Australia is the only country where lab tests have shown heroin in pills. What hasn't been released is the amount of heroin. My guess it is a quite small amount by pill weight, especially as they have often been "cocktail" pills, with a number of substances.
Heroin gives a distinct vivid red/purple, more sorta hot pink, to the Marquis tester (E1).I doubt you'll see that reaction from a panadol, but feel free to try. I've seen street heroin consistently give the red/purple and it was me who verified this for chem-gen.
cocaine and Marquis? ummm i'm not sure. i thought there was no reaction. i'll have to check my texts for sure. i seem to remember it having no reaction to Marquis, and that the only test that did indicate its present was the Cobalt (something) test. (forgive my uncertainty, i'm away from home atm) unfortunately PCP also gives the same reaction...

rather boring topic...
should try snorting coke up ya ass, now thats something to write about !!!

Thanks for the info + perspective, Johnboy... much appreciated. The reason I asked was cos that seemed like a useful way to administer MDMA in small doses for light recreational use. (insert Jack Nicholson courtroom voice: "Is there any other kind?...").
Letting thread die now...

Theoretically, a panadine (containing the opiate codiene) should test up red on the E1. Not panadol, which only contains paracetamol. Does anyone want to check this? I don't have a tester.

Just tested a Panadine(8mg of Codine) and a Panadine Forte(30mg of Codine) with the E1 tester. Got a slight red result from both, with the Forte turning red faster. Colour change was almost instant, but faint. I was expecting more of a reaction.
DJC*

With the marquis reagent:
Just panadol comes up no colour change.
And Sudafed, surprisingly, comes up zip as well.
There is list on erowid that might stretch the capabiliy of the marquis reagent a little to far.
erowid's Marquis colour chart

Just to add fuel to the fire...
There was a Red Bull found with 90.9% Cocaine content (on the dancesafe site)!! if an avg pill is 200MG then that's 180mg of Coke. Isn't that 1.8 points?? enough to feel it!

DanceSafe don't list quantitative results.
The percentage of the contents refers to the active ingredients only, not the weight of the pill. A 200mg tablet may have had 50mg of active ingredients of which 90.9% was cocaine.

still it's safe to assume that if the people that took the pill felt any effect at all it would be a Coky feeling....
still only 2 tabs out of thousands....
don't know what it proves but i'd be surprised to find one in Aus, with the price of coke here!!!

doesn't 4-mta test up the same as cocaine i.e. turn blue with a Cobalt thiocyanate reagent test (which is commonly used to test for the presence of cocaine)..
maybe the pill was in a bag of cocaine prior to testing?
i seriously doubt there's coke as an co-active ingredient in the pill......but yeah maybe....life's full of surprises :)
[ 23 January 2003: Message edited by: lorrett ]

there is more than one instance of coke in pills, but we all know its not orally active so who gives a shit, it just perpetuates a myth that coke is COMMON in pills, let it go bitch1. 4-mta apparently tests clear under a marquis reagent.

I'm not quite sure what this thread has to do with Harm Minimisation etc.
Thread Closed.
Oh wait, I'm not a moderator... oh fuck it..
Thread Closed.