• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

OPANA ER insuffalation and Silicosis

Wheres the facts? Why would a company that makes OPANA ER knowingly have an ingredient such as this that is know to cause POTTERS ROT a part of their product.

Uhh... why would a Cigarette companies put cyanide in their products, not to mention hundreds of other toxic chemicals? Mainly because they are in it for the money and don't give a shit about the health of innocent people.

Seems like a big risk, like a governmental population control conspiracy theory..ya, this is how far fetched your freakin story is

Is it really that far-fetched. Are you one of those blissfully naiive sheep who believes that government is pure and good with no alternative motives? Just to let you know, it is U.S. government that smuggled heroin into the country from Mexico, then dispatched it onto the streets of black neighborhoods, then arrested and prosecuted those people. It is government that has been looking the other way, allowing tobacco and alcohol companies to get rich from their toxic products even though it was proven without doubt that they kill many many people. It is government that locks people in cages everyday because of the substances they choose to consume whilst effecting nobody else. I could go on, but among all this shit, population control is not so far-fetched.

and its people like you who spew venom and opinions with absolutely no basis.

Actually, the basis is that the harmful ingredient in question is listed as an ingredient in Opana ER. It's not an opinion, it's fact.

NO, what this is, is a case of serious DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER on your part. You blog all these unproven statements your making and you dont have a freakin clue- Why would you do that? Why?

Maybe because he cares about the health of people who are snorting Opana ER. It is known that Opana ER contains this ingredient. And it is known that this ingredient is harmful to the lungs. As far as I'm concerned, this is more than enough reason for one to spread this information.

Now my question for you.. do you work for Endo Pharmaceuticals?;)

Just tooted one! Lol@ mesothelioma

LOL! Honestly, I will continue snorting Opana ER at every opportunity. I am obsessive-compulsive whenever it comes to my health, but this information concerns me very little.

If the Opana ER broke down into a nice, fine powder like the Roxy blues do, then I might be a little more upset and worried. The Opana ER is hard to chop into a fine powder, and anyone who knows about oxymorphone's poor oral bioavailability will snort very slowly and softly in order to avoid the drip. In other words, no one should be snorting the pill's powder so ridiculously hard that all of it empties into their lungs. It should stay in one's nose.

It's definitely not something I would choose to do regularly for any extended period of time, but around here Opana is not easy to come by, and I cannot imagine that snorting Opana ER every now and again will put me at any serious risk for mesothelioma. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. I'll let you guys know in five or six years.

I am very knowlegeable of what silica is and what it does after long term exposure. I give safety meetings and yearly refresher training of the dangers of silica. I read on some posts a couple of months ago about snorting Opana ER. I have had extreme back pain for over 5 years now and I decided to try it. I don't get a high from it but it stops the pain quicker. I was reading this thread last night and have been scared straight so to speak. I have been snorting Opana ER for about 3 months, 40mg per day. It never irritated my lungs or nasal cavity. I also have been snorting 20mg of Opana IR per day for the same length. I do know that it takes 20 years or so of breathing silica in before you get silicosis. I am refering to the mfg industry. I have been working in a mfg facility for 24 years. There is silica in the sands and iron oxides we use all day every day. I have smoked for about 28 years which is not helping. I get a respitory infection maybe once every 2 years but never had a smokers cough. I got sick about a week ago and it hit me in a matter of 3 hours and floored me. I went to the doctor and they did a chest x ray. I did not have any weezing but since it came on so fast they wanted to make sure I did not have Phenumonia (forgive the spelling). The doc came in and said I have some scaring on my lungs. He said they looked as if I were ten years older. Of course that could not have been from the short time of snorting Opana ER. It would take longer than that. What I have a hard time believeing is if I snorted the ER at 40mg per day for three months max; (closer to two) how it would give you silicosis. After I read all the threads last night I totally quit. I still do the IR because they say there is not silica in it. On the pharmacy paper about the drug it stresses not to chew or break them because you could OD. It does not say anything about it containing silica. Do I really have to worry about getting silicosis from the very short term use and if I never do it again? My last question is if snorting the IR does not cause silicosis, wont it still cake up on your lungs?

It is much more likely that the scarring in your lung is from 28 years of smoking than it is from a short time of snorting opana. You don't feel it anymore, but that smoke is scalding hot!

If you look at a cross-section slide taken from a healthy city dweller's lung, it will appear darkly colored from the air pollution, but otherwise looks healthy. In contrast, a cross section slide taken from a ten year smoker's lung is full of irregular shapes and holes that are visible with the naked eye. Opana isn't the reason for how your lungs look.

Does anyone know of a easy way to snort opana er without getting it in my lungs? After I read the threads about getting silicosis from the er so I have been snorting the opana IR's only. It does not help with the pain near as much. I have a very high tolerance to pain medication and when I was perscribed Opana ER I chewed one up. It did wonders for my pain but it never gets me a high. It does make me very sleepy and I fall asleep for short periods of time and I talk about things that are like way out there that has nothing to do what we were talking about. I will wake up from my short doze and say stuff and my wife is like what the hell are you talking about. You need to go to bed. That is the only thing it does to me. I dont know if that is considered a high or not. I miss not being in pain after snorting the ER but I dont want to die of silicosis from it. I have enough to worry about with my smoking and all the dust I have been breathing for 24 years. The silicosis we talk about at work is crystlin silicosis which is different then what I have been reading on the threads. Someone please give me some educated answers to my thread. I am new here and I am still trying to figure out how all this stuff works. Bare with me if I am doing something wrong. Thanks.

I just noticed a possibly safer technique to snorting. Instead of a long, drawn-out inhalation, you do short sniffs. Do the shortest sniff you could possibly do. It should take you 4-5 sniffs to do a line this way.

It seems there is minimal lung expansion this way, and also at the end there is an automatic tiny exhalation.

I just noticed a possibly safer technique to snorting. Instead of a long, drawn-out inhalation, you do short sniffs. Do the shortest sniff you could possibly do. It should take you 4-5 sniffs to do a line this way.

It seems there is minimal lung expansion this way, and also at the end there is an automatic tiny exhalation.

This.

The idea is to keep the powder in your nose. The first time that my girlfriend tried snorting opana, she took more lines than I did, and my tolerance is much higher than her's; she told me that she wasn't feeling anything, and I couldn't figure it out until I watched her blow down a line. She was snorting the line way too hard, and so only a very small amount of the powder would stay inside her nose. I told her to snort very, very slowly, and voila, she got high.

If you snort very slowly and softly, not much of the powder should reach your lungs. I can't imagine that it would, anyway.

I do believe that there is a very real danger in snorting these pills, but I would say that if you snort them only occasionally, and I mean occasionally (once every few weeks or so) and you snort them properly, then you will most likely be all right. But hey, I'm not a doctor... so who knows?

That makes since i guess. i usually just rail it hard if its a fattie and still get turfed so Im not sure.

wow.

Some scary shit.. I will no longer ever do that again. With IR OR ER. Doesnt matter. Almost makes me want to switch back to oxy and roxy againn for breakthrough...

This will probably help them last for the entire month as I won't be tooting them down all day. Wow. Unreal. I feel like this should def. be stickeyed and emphasised. I know alot of people who switched to Opana after the OP's came out, I have switched as of March.. Damn this is really unsettling.

^^ Actually if you stop tooting them, they will be gone FASTER, as with eating them you would need 3x as much as snorting because of the 10% BA with oral.

Opana IR okay to snort, as there is no silicified material in them.

PAINGAME< This is where this story originated from...PainGame's thread is a bunch of unproven garbage...PERIOD!!
Really pegasus...this story and where it originated from is absolutely b.s- why let this bogus story spiral like this!! seriously

What about the 2 pages of research I did on the topic?

Franch said:
I'd like to believe some real proof. and I would change the way I take the drugs - but right now, I'm not going to stop because of conjecture by a bunch of drug nerds online, none of whom are doctors or even pharmacists...

It takes 5-20 years for this condition to manifest. This isn't conjecture it's a medical fact [I'll be an MD in 4 months].

So i just heard about this right now. I've been snorting/smoking about 30 mg a day for the past month. I smoked a decent amount of it, and my lungs feel all fucked up from smoking. I smoke cigarettes and a shitload of weed. I know it was bad, and now im going to stop smoking it forsure. But i was just had a couple questions that i was wondering. Apparently i have the chance of dying in about 5 years? I was just wondering how long of constant damage about would it take for you to get unhealable affects and for it to develop for 5 or so years? If someone could help me about and give me some information so that i can know more about what kind of damage i've done. When I heard about this i just tripped the fuck, i could just be really high and paranoid, but i would just like to know so i can feel better. If i have the chance of dying i would like to know too.

A buddy of mine has been snorting Opanas for about 6 months straight, every sense OC has became harder to obtain etc. Hes claims to have severe problems with his nasal canal as well as he says his lungs constantly hurt. I wouldnt put it past the silicified microcrystalline cellulose

I might have Silicosis!!!!!!!

PLEASE STOP SNORTING OPANA ER IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I have been experiencing chronic chest pain and difficulty taking deep breaths for ~ 6 months. I have been a daily snorter of Opana ER (60mg/day) for the past 3 years.

I saw a cardiologist yesterday due to the chest pain. He did an EKG and it showed a right shift axis deviation. He is concerned about a pulmonary embolism and I am scheduled for a CT Scan for confirmation in a couple days. I did not tell him about my Opana abuse bc I am afraid he will call my pain doctor. I was in the ER 2 weeks ago due to a feeling of suffocation and chest pain.

I did an internet search and found out that another cause of a right shift deviation in EKG is chronic lung disease.

I am TERRIFIED. Completely TERRIFIED.:(

I heard about Silicosis 2 months ago and discontinued snorting Opana ER. It may be too late for me. I will update everyone with my medical information as it becomes available. Maybe this will save someone else from what I am experiencing.

Last edited:
PLEASE STOP SNORTING OPANA ER IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I have been experiencing chronic chest pain and difficulty taking deep breaths for ~ 6 months. I have been a daily snorter of Opana ER (60mg/day) for the past 3 years.

I saw a cardiologist yesterday due to the chest pain. He did an EKG and it showed a right shift axis deviation. He is concerned about a pulmonary embolism and I am scheduled for a CT Scan for confirmation in a couple days. I did not tell him about my Opana abuse bc I am afraid he will call my pain doctor. I was in the ER 2 weeks ago due to a feeling of suffocation and chest pain.

I did an internet search and found out that another cause of a right shift deviation in EKG is chronic lung disease.

I am TERRIFIED. Completely TERRIFIED.:(

I heard about Silicosis 2 months ago and discontinued snorting Opana ER. It may be too late for me. I will update everyone with my medical information as it becomes available. Maybe this will save someone else from what I am experiencing.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Please update with the results of the CT.

If it does turn out to be silicosis (which I really hope it isn't), you'll likely get referred to a respirologist. If this happens, please consider telling them about the opana. They can write it up as a case report and publish it, which will publicize it significantly more and hopefully raise awareness of this issue beyond the bluelight community (who likely only make up a small % of all the people who snort Opana).

Best of luck.

5-20 years..? have we even established beyond any reaonable doubt, that the material in the binders of the pill that you say are dangerou... are you aboslutely 100% positive they are the same as the dangerous chemicals?

Yes. Silicon causes silicosis of the lungs. The smaller the particles, the more readily this occurs. The silicon in Opana ER is microcrystaline silicon, the smallest particle size there is. All of this I discuss in the first page or so of posts in this threat.

I just, have have a hard time belieeving that a phamaceutical company makes a pill.. that can in any way, shape , or form, cause omething that is (purely, 100%) bad for you. I ould have hoped that everything on their ingredint list for each pill is tested in every dose in every situation,in every single condition that you could ever possibly imagine!!

Drug companies design pills that are safe when taken orally. Snorting microcrystalline silicon causes silicosis (in theory), not eating it. Is oxy or morphine safe to crush and inject? No, they can cause all sorts of problems due to the fillers and binders in the pill, which is why people have to resort to micron filtering them.

even if it i supposd, supposed, to develop over 5+ years............ first off has't this drug been out for at least 2-4 years? maybe 5? I'm positive there are people who snort 50 of these every single day, for every sigle year that it's been released. believe me, somewhere somehow it exist. and everyone ha a different body. everything, reacts differently.... I'm saying you can't possibly predict how...... this drug will interact with everyones body, in theory, with no proof or results already to speak of.

Would they tell their doctors they've been snorting it? Scroll up a few posts to read first hand why people might not be discussing it with their doctors. By the time you develop silicosis it's too late to do anything about it -- you're going to die. If you're going to die anyway, why bother risking having your pain medication cut off due to suspected abuse?

ok this has scared the sh@% out of me!!! I've been on opana er for 2 and a half months now...sniffing. 40mg this month. I dont wanna die from silicosis, GEEZUS! I just do it b/c it is the only way it helps with my chronic pain. Can ANYONE answer this or help me out.... CAN I PLUGG IT AND GET AS GOOD EFFECTS AS SNORTING??? Move to another thread if needed to get an answer for me, whatever,...i just want someone who knows to help me with this! I post in the pain management mega thread. I'm scared to death now, but without them i am basically immobile. Anyone who can help, I will GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

btw...i usually snort 50-60mg at a time, 2x daily. Is plugging as effective/have the same BA....would the same mg plugged work as well?? If so, what's the best way to do it?
again, thanks in advance to anyone who may help save my life!!!

Originally Posted by LACKnSOUL View Post
Wheres the facts? Why would a company that makes OPANA ER knowingly have an ingredient such as this that is know to cause POTTERS ROT a part of their product.

Uhh... why would a Cigarette companies put cyanide in their products, not to mention hundreds of other toxic chemicals? Mainly because they are in it for the money and don't give a shit about the health of innocent people.

Seems like a big risk, like a governmental population control conspiracy theory..ya, this is how far fetched your freakin story is

Is it really that far-fetched. Are you one of those blissfully naiive sheep who believes that government is pure and good with no alternative motives? Just to let you know, it is U.S. government that smuggled heroin into the country from Mexico, then dispatched it onto the streets of black neighborhoods, then arrested and prosecuted those people. It is government that has been looking the other way, allowing tobacco and alcohol companies to get rich from their toxic products even though it was proven without doubt that they kill many many people. It is government that locks people in cages everyday because of the substances they choose to consume whilst effecting nobody else. I could go on, but among all this shit, population control is not so far-fetched.

and its people like you who spew venom and opinions with absolutely no basis.

Actually, the basis is that the harmful ingredient in question is listed as an ingredient in Opana ER. It's not an opinion, it's fact.

NO, what this is, is a case of serious DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER on your part. You blog all these unproven statements your making and you dont have a freakin clue- Why would you do that? Why?

Maybe because he cares about the health of people who are snorting Opana ER. It is known that Opana ER contains this ingredient. And it is known that this ingredient is harmful to the lungs. As far as I'm concerned, this is more than enough reason for one to spread this information.

WOW.....how naive are you? you dont think that gov't population control is in practice? just do a LITTLE research and you will see. He's not spitting venom and opinions...hes spreading FACTS. like i said do a LITTLE research before you spout off at what someone else says. His "cigarette" statement shows a PERFECT example. You think tobacco companies have as much money as pharmaceuticals???? HAHAHA so much easier to kill ppl with addictive pills than with cigarettes!

Last edited: