• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-T-7 (IVed) - Experienced - More intense than I could have ever imagined.

fairnymph

Bluelighter
Dose: 5 mg (exactingly weighed out), intravenously injected
Other drugs taken: 1 Soma at 2:45 am, and 40 mg ketamine IM at 4:30 am
Experience: One prior experience with 2-ct-7 (25 mg orally) and many experiences with other drugs/psychedelics.
Setting: Hanging out in a dorm room (and around campus) with a couple of close friends.
Duration: onset - immediate, plateau - 3 hours, comedown - 6.5 hours; TOTAL = 9.5hrs
Subject: female, age 21, 107lbs, 17 BMI

9:30 pm
As I injected the contents of the syringe, my friends watched in amazement as my pupils dilated (from small to complete saucers) over the course of a few seconds. I *felt* the drug beginning to take effect as I was injecting the solution. The solution *burned* in my veins (and I have injected many things) and I felt like my veins were unhappy about being subjected to such a chemical. After I finished, I was completely and suddenly overwhelmed and tripping harder (physically, and visual-wise) than I ever have in my entire life. I have taken high doses of acid and shrooms before, but nothing could have prepared me for the intensity of my reaction to IV 2-ct-7.

I layed back on my bed and there is no way that I could have walked around or moved or functioned normally in my current state. My body high/load/buzz was more intense than anything I have ever known, and negatively so. It would be like the worst research chemical body load (muscle tension etc) you could imagine combined with an intense MDMA body high.

Right after injection I could hear time warp as the music slowed down (almost ketamine-like), but a few seconds later it sped up again, and indeed I would say that for most of the trip time is sped up rather than slowed down.

I thought to myself 'damn I realize why people don't IV this shit' and I realized that the dose was way too high (and that I should have done more like 3 mg). At the same time, however, I was having the most intense and amazing visuals I have ever had. I have had intense trips with both acid and shrooms and never did I have more than breathing, and then only on acid at a very high dose, and only for about 15 min while I was peaking. The most visual trip I had had prior to the current experience was also on 2-ct-7 (25 mg orally), which was a relatively nice mild trip, but with good visual qualities (colours looked prettier, lots of breathing, and tracers -- the only drug I've ever had tracers on).

My visuals were so intense that I could not see straight. I saw rainbow swirling patterns (many swirling rainbow spirals all connected across my frame of vision) and colours were vivid. I was seeing closed eye visuals superimposed over what I was seeing with my eyes open. There were visuals that seemed like they were coming from behind my eye, like flashes of light. At points I felt like there were eyes everywhere both watching me and seeing for me (note: this was not scary but rather quite wondeful). My eyes were wide open and I don't think I could have closed them if I had wanted to. I could see fractals superimposed over my field of vision -- truly astounding. Everything was vibrating rapidly, like breathing that is tweaking really damn hard. My body felt like it was vibrating to the same rapid frequency. I have never seen such beauty and miraculous visual distortions.

I was extremely nauseous (almost immediately after injection), and had horrible tension throughout my digestive tract. I had been thinking that injecting the 2-ct-7 would reduce the nausea but I am wrong! I have never thrown up from any drug (except alcohol) and IV 2-ct-7 made me vomit profusely until I was dry heaving.

Despite the unpleasant overwhelming physical effects, my mind was surprisingly clear. Though my body felt somewhat poisoned, I was not experiencing any 'mindfuck' (as I typically do on acid and shrooms at higher doses). I was definintley in awe of the amazing visuals, and I felt a little giggly, but only very slightly confused.

10:00 pm
I was still tripping really hard, although I can say without a doubt that I peaked immediately upon injection, and that I was just still plateauing at this point.
I was getting amazing synethaesia, unlike anything I could ever imagine. I was feeling music, smelling colours, and seeing sounds...I felt like a ball of undifferentiated sensation. It is definitely a unique and very enjoyable experience and I was totally in awe and gushing to my friends...
12:30 am
Right around now my nausea/stomach tension had subsided enough (though it is still present) to where I could sit up and drink small amounts of water without feeling like I have to dry heave.
I was still tripping very intensely and the visuals continued to be strong. I was still unhappy with the body tension (esp. like a tight/burning feeling in my arms) but I felt like it has calmed down a bit by this point, so that I no longer felt anxious and poisoned.

2:30 am
I had started to come down at this point but I still felt somewhat disoriented and I had to be careful/focused to walk around safely (due to my intense visuals -- though not nearly as intense as earlier). The body load was still quite heavy but not so much that I felt nauseous walking around. My friends convinced me that walking around would be good so we went outside.
We walkedg on a path that goes around a lake and I was amazed by how beautiful my natural surroundings were. It's almost like I was in a fantasy world (kinda like something out of Lord of the Rings), and because it was so dark, it seemed like everything is coloured in shades of purple, orange, and green, lending a very trippy feel to the world. I felt an almost childlike wonder and the lights and stars are beautiful and glowing and hypercolourful.
We continued walking around for a good hour, which was fun though I was extremely cold (as I always am on the phenethylamines). Colours continued to look amazing but I was definitely becoming more and more sober by the minute.

2:45 am
My body tension was still bad, although I felt like I was barely still tripping at this point, and most of the cool (visual etc) effects of the trip had disappeared. I decided to take a soma and I felt it begin to kick in about 20 minutes later. Unfortunately it only reduced my body discomfort slightly, but I decided that I didnt want to take more (to keep my experience relatively pure).

4:30 am
My friends and I decided to IM some ketamine. I was mostly down at this point though I was still getting some visual effects if I focused really intently. I IMed 40 mg ketamine and I appreciated its numbing effect on my body and physicaly sensations. At one point, the high (combined 2ct7 and K euphoria) was quite pleasantly intense.

Despite the fact that I routinely IM 40 mg and hole quite thoroughly, I did NOT hole this time. It is as if even the dissociation of ketamine was not enough to override the intense physical presence brought on by the 2-ct-7. The k-trip did seem more visual and less slowed down sound wise (sounds sounded almost normal), and it was defintely much less introspective. I talked periodically with my friends throughout the trip, which does not usually happen for me at this dose of k. It was an interesting combination though I find myself wishing I had done more. The k did not make my stomach discomfort worse.

6:00 am
I was totally down, except for a persistant unpleasant feeling in my body and in particular my arms. Also my arm that I shot the t-7 into iwas particularily unhappy, although there were no physical signs of distress (the injection site looked absolutely fine, in fact it's even hard to find).

10:45 am
I ate some food (I was quite hungry) and I was completely sober but still had a persisting yucky feeling in my body as well as the nasty tension in my arms, and in my one arm especially as I mentioned above.

Summary:
I have mixed feelings about my experience. On the one hand, I do not regret the trip, as I had the most amazing visuals ever, and I doubt I will ever experience anything like that ever again. I was also ok physically, I did not die, and I appear to be completely normal (2 days later), so I doubt that the trip will have long-lasting effects on me.

On the other hand, the trip was quite uncomfortable at times, and damn unpleasant for the most intense parts of the trip. There was definitely a price to pay for the visuals I saw.
I don't think I would do this again, and if I could redo the experience, I would take a lower dose, ~3 mg.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2ct7
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_iv

Last edited:
Wow fairnymph what an awesome report! Sounds like an awesome trip but when you compare the intensity far over shrooms, I imagine it would probably kick my ass hardcore style. + I don't like needles :(
Kinda makes me wish I had access to things like K and any of the phenethylamines (or any 'serch chems for that matter) oh well, one day baby.
w00t!

i got to see first hand this trip and i was amzed at teh fast pupil dialations :) very amazed :) also ever 1/3 of the tctz that got injected she would stop close her eyes as if she was already tripping and then go another 1/3. i wihs i wouolda iv'ed it with her it looked brilliant!
-phil-

interesting. Would you say this is a good dose then for iv or sould you go lower if u did it again?

DC -- I was looking to get visuals, and also, to see how IVing 2-ct-7 would change the nature of the trip (and whether it woudl reduce the gastrointestinal effects at all).
hedtwin - 5mg is definitely far too high of a dose. 2-3 mg would have been much better. I cannot emphasize the potency of this drug enough!

> Fairnymph has got some very large balls.
That or a small brain. I can't help but question the wisdom and sanity of a person who injects experimental drugs purchased from shady internet companies. One could argue that this is no different than people injecting street heroin of questionable purity... but heroin itself isn't very experimental. Even so, its still a bad idea. The only drugs that should ever be injected are ones of KNOWN purity, and even then this should only be done by people who know how to inject properly and have sterile supplies.
This report may be well written, but it describes a dumb activity. Don't try this at home.

heya murple you stupid git. how do you know purity was not tested. i know fairnymph to be a highly responsible drug user and very wel;l informed. also she jsut happens to be a chemist. so sod off. thanks for you time and the enjoyable flame.
-phil-

Doesn't matter if it was purity tested or not... Jumping in and shooting up a big dose of an experimental drug that works fine orally, without running it up from low doses, was a dumb thing to do. Fairynymph fucked up, and from the sound of that report, paid for it with a rough trip (and fortunately nothing worse). Nothing admirable was accomplished with this reckless experiment, and as stupid as shooting up 2C-T-7 was, the people applauding this action are vastly more idiotic.

we checked erowid for like trips so we had a basis to start from. we didnt go into to it uninformed. also is your only joy in life to insult others? cause it isnt needed here you can warn people to be careful in fact that is the purpose of this site but you however cannot attack someones person for what they exsperiment with.
-phil-

phil, fairnymph,
no flame intended, but if fairnymph really had done her reading she would have noted that IVing 2ct7 would not diminish the nausea. The only 2ct7/IV report Erowid describes horrible nausea at 6mg (and related a pretty rough ride). Far from me to judge the experiment, but I agree with Murple: I doubt that an initial dose of 5mg was warranted based on other's reports.
My 2 cents worth...
Having said that, kudos on the report! Very well written and informative. Body weight is missing though... It would be nice to know mg/kg.
[ 04 June 2002: Message edited by: 5ht ]

I'm not insulting anybody for their choice of "exsperiment" but rather I'm pointing out that this was a really dumb thing to do, on several counts.
Fairynymph just jumped in with a 5mg IV dose. Based on published reports, that should've been expected to be a massive dose. Even if that weren't something available in the literature, if you're going to go mainlining experimental drugs, you start with what you expect to be a sub-threshold dose - half a milligram, one milligram tops - not five milligrams into a vein!
As 5ht pointed out, there's plenty of documented evidence that the nausea from 2C-T-7 has nothing to do with stomach or intestinal irritation. Even a brief review of published trip reports would've shown this to be the case. As 5ht said, this doesn't really support the notion that this was a well planned experiment with lots of preliminary research.
Its possible that Fairynymph has a high tech chemistry lab and the skills to manufacture, purify and analyze 2C-T-7. Its possible that the 2C-T-7 in this experiment was the purest drug ever created in the history of the universe. All the same, I'd be willing to bet that the 2C-T-7 came from one of the former online suppliers of the chemical, and was not tested in a GC/MS for chemical contaminants. I hope it was at least filtered through a fine enough micropore filter to remove any possible biological contaminants before being injected. While I suspect most of the 2C-T-7 on the market is pretty damn pure, there's no assurances. That being the case, the smart thing to do would be to take it in a way that minimizes risk from contaminants - by mouth. Its never a good idea to inject drugs of uncertain purity, and thats as true of research chemicals as it is of street heroin. Its not like 2C-T-7 hasn't been injected before, so its not like "someone had to explore the possibility" is a really valid overriding reason to mainline it.
What's more, Fairynymph didn't stop with the 2C-T-7, but went off and injected a bunch of ketamine on top of it. If you're injecting an experimental drug (one with a pretty bad safety record at that) for the first time, it's really not wise to go off and inject other drugs before the first one is out of your system.
What Fairynymph did was not well thought out and was carried out recklessly. If you're going to mess with experimental drugs and try to label your actions under the aegis of research, you're going to be held to academic standards and not druggie social norms. "Just be cool man" is not something that holds water here. This isn't a case of me trying to prevent someone from "doing their own thing"... its a case of me calling reckless and dangerous "research" what it is: a really bad idea. If Fairynymph chooses to take this personally, or you choose to take it personally on her behalf... tough shit. If you don't want to be called reckless or stupid, don't do reckless or stupid things. If you choose to do dumb shit, I'm not going to prevent you from doing so - but I will tell you you're a dumbass and I will say "told you so" when you get back from the hospital after giving yourself a seizure.
The worst aspect of this thread though was the replies. Fairynymph did some stupid shit, yeah... but in spite of that mentioned that it was rough and the dose was too much, and that it probably wasn't worth repeating. Of course, a few tards had to chime in about how it sounded awesome and how they wish they could get wicked mad cool phukt up in da houze like that yo. What the hell is wrong with these idiots? "Oh gee someone recklessly shot up some experimental drugs and got real sick... cool I wanna do that!" Pathetic. No wonder psychedelics users get looked down on by mainstream society. You people think that psychedelics are still illegal because of some fascist conspiracies? I suspect its got more to do with the fact that some of us are ignorant jackasses who worship ignorance and recklessness. Fairynymph seems to at least somewhat realize that this was a bad idea, but apparantly this is a little bit too complex for some other nimrods.

In the context of an open-access bulletin board supposedly intended for harm minimisation, I'm with Murple on this.
clop

Before I begin, I just want to say to Murple: It's FAIRnymph! Apparently that simple orthographic error somehow slipped by you in your intellectually righteous rage.
Originally posted by Murple:

Fairynymph just jumped in with a 5mg IV dose. Based on published reports, that should've been expected to be a massive dose. Even if that weren't something available in the literature, if you're going to go mainlining experimental drugs, you start with what you expect to be a sub-threshold dose - half a milligram, one milligram tops - not five milligrams into a vein!
I tried to convince her to lower her dose, or to use another method of administration, but no, her needle fetish won out in the end. This placed me in an interesting moral dilemma. I could have made her leave, refused to trip with her, etc. However, this would probably have resulted in her IVing the 2C-T-7 in a less safe environment. I am trained and certified in CPR and some other methods for dealing with medical emergencies (I was once a lifeguard). Thus, I chose to supervise her so that I could call 911 and take care of her in case a medical emergency arose.
As 5ht pointed out, there's plenty of documented evidence that the nausea from 2C-T-7 has nothing to do with stomach or intestinal irritation. Even a brief review of published trip reports would've shown this to be the case. As 5ht said, this doesn't really support the notion that this was a well planned experiment with lots of preliminary research.
I must say, in Fairnymph's favor, that she DID do quite a bit of preliminary research. Her error was in making the assumption that she was different and naturally had a "higher tolerance" and more resistance to the side effects than everybody else. Bullshit, as we saw. She should have known better, considering her nausea from 35 mg orally.
Its possible that Fairynymph has a high tech chemistry lab and the skills to manufacture, purify and analyze 2C-T-7. Its possible that the 2C-T-7 in this experiment was the purest drug ever created in the history of the universe. All the same, I'd be willing to bet that the 2C-T-7 came from one of the former online suppliers of the chemical, and was not tested in a GC/MS for chemical contaminants.
fairnymph said:
Wrong and Wrong. This came from a chemist who knew what he was doing. I ran this shit through a GC/MS last summer and it was VERY pure. It could have degraded since then though.
I hope it was at least filtered through a fine enough micropore filter to remove any possible biological contaminants before being injected.
If cotton counts. Fairnymph isn't yet concerned enough about her safety to always use micron filters.
While I suspect most of the 2C-T-7 on the market is pretty damn pure, there's no assurances. That being the case, the smart thing to do would be to take it in a way that minimizes risk from contaminants - by mouth. Its never a good idea to inject drugs of uncertain purity, and thats as true of research chemicals as it is of street heroin. Its not like 2C-T-7 hasn't been injected before, so its not like "someone had to explore the possibility" is a really valid overriding reason to mainline it.
It worked for fairnymph by mouth, too! All she would have needed to do was up the dosage. As I said before, purity was not that uncertain. Of course I tried to convince fairnymph that "exploring the possibility" was not a valid reason, but she didn't listen.
What's more, Fairynymph didn't stop with the 2C-T-7, but went off and injected a bunch of ketamine on top of it. If you're injecting an experimental drug (one with a pretty bad safety record at that) for the first time, it's really not wise to go off and inject other drugs before the first one is out of your system.
By the time she injected the ketamine, fairnymph was almost back to baseline from the 2C-T-7. I've done all the research I can on this drug combination and it definitely seems to be safe. My friends and I have experimented with combining 2C- family drugs and ketamine before, and never had any ill effects. With 2C- drugs, the negative side-effects generally peak between the beginning and the peak of the trip, and gradually subside from then on, so I would say that K is OK when one starts to come down from the plateau.
What Fairynymph did was not well thought out and was carried out recklessly. If you're going to mess with experimental drugs and try to label your actions under the aegis of research, you're going to be held to academic standards and not druggie social norms. "Just be cool man" is not something that holds water here. This isn't a case of me trying to prevent someone from "doing their own thing"... its a case of me calling reckless and dangerous "research" what it is: a really bad idea.
I tried so hard to get this point across to her, but it went in one ear and out the other.
I'd just like to point out that Murple's "research" with harmala alkaloids and MDMA falls into the same category of reckless, dangerous, and really stupid experiments.
If Fairynymph chooses to take this personally, or you choose to take it personally on her behalf... tough shit. If you don't want to be called reckless or stupid, don't do reckless or stupid things. If you choose to do dumb shit, I'm not going to prevent you from doing so - but I will tell you you're a dumbass and I will say "told you so" when you get back from the hospital after giving yourself a seizure.
That's EXACTLY what I said after she vomited repeatedly into the box that *I* had prepared for her (she didn't think she would need it). To think, if I had not taken that precaution, she would have vomited all over my floor and *I* would have been the one cleaning it up.
The worst aspect of this thread though was the replies. Fairynymph did some stupid shit, yeah... but in spite of that mentioned that it was rough and the dose was too much, and that it probably wasn't worth repeating. Of course, a few tards had to chime in about how it sounded awesome and how they wish they could get wicked mad cool phukt up in da houze like that yo. What the hell is wrong with these idiots? "Oh gee someone recklessly shot up some experimental drugs and got real sick... cool I wanna do that!" Pathetic. No wonder psychedelics users get looked down on by mainstream society. You people think that psychedelics are still illegal because of some fascist conspiracies? I suspect its got more to do with the fact that some of us are ignorant jackasses who worship ignorance and recklessness. Fairynymph seems to at least somewhat realize that this was a bad idea, but apparantly this is a little bit too complex for some other nimrods.
Phil, I don't think you were so eager to IV the shit after she threw up the entire contents of her stomach. You still had the opportunity, but you chose wisely and didn't do it. If you could go back in time and IV it right after fairnymph finished voiding her stomach, would you?

Last edited:
Originally posted by fairnymph:
DC -- I was looking to get visuals, and also, to see how IVing 2-ct-7 would change the nature of the trip (and whether it woudl reduce the gastrointestinal effects at all).
hedtwin - 5mg is definitely far too high of a dose. 2-3 mg would have been much better. I cannot emphasize the potency of this drug enough!

My only IV 2ct7 experience was about 1-2 mg, this was eyeballed but if anything
1-2mg is a high estimate, there's no way it was much more than that. My
experience was like a toned-down version of yours. It DIDN'T reduce the GI
effects at all, which was if anything more unpleasant given that i'd just gone from zero-to-peak in about 3 seconds. I actually was getting visuals of the
needle leaving my arm and the speck of blood, not pretty. But the trip was
great, and I'd repeat it in a second, though I'd be very careful about measuring
the dosage. In our case, we only had a pinch left, not enough for a trip any
other route.
The visuals were potent, for sure - but not qualitatively different than oral or
snorted (never, never, never again).

Oh, and another note. I've always liked the 'trip' aspect of psychedelic use -
the anticipation, the comeup, the peak, recrystallization, whatever. Goes well
with music, of course.
That aspect is sorta lost IV - you start at the peak, seem to come down slower,
but still it has less of the journey-ish aspects, so people might prefer oral for
that reason.
Then again, the potency difference...hoo boy!
-u40915, resisting binge-induced coke/heroin cravings for 2 days and counting.

> I'd just like to point out that Murple's "research" with harmala
> alkaloids and MDMA falls into the same category of
> reckless, dangerous, and really stupid experiments.
Now that's just ridiculous. My "research" is nowhere near the same category as this one... First, no deaths or medical emergencies have ever been recorded involving harmala alkaloids and MDMA... the idea that this is a dangerous combination is based on a total misunderstanding of the pharmacology involved and the rumor has been spread by people that just don't know what they're talking about. Second, harmala alkaloids have been used with other phenethylamines with zero negative results. Third, there is no theoretical basis to assume that the combination would be inherently dangerous. Fourth, other people have done the combination and recorded positive results - so my "experiment" can't really be considered research - it was simply repeating a KNOWN SAFE combination. Fifth, I started with extremely low doses and worked up from there. I could go on listing the differences here, but I think that's enough to establish that this is nothing like going off and injecting what is known to be a large IV dose of a drug with several documented deaths and even more documented medical emergencies. What I did was something which both theory and evidence indicate is safe. What Fairnymph did is something which both theory and evidence indicate is highly dangerous. Same category? No, opposite categories.

Originally posted by Murple:
I'm not insulting anybody for their choice of "exsperiment" but rather I'm pointing out that this was a really dumb thing to do, on several counts.

No one even replied wanting to repeat the experiment, although I did say I want to TRY 2-ct-7 sometime. So if you're not insulting anyone like you said, kindly stfu and don't twist people's words into ridiculous things.
And BTW I seriously doubt you've NEVER tried anything that was reckless at all - so when you're so clean and cut then come back and act like an ass. You might try being tactful in your criticism.