• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How do people know the mics/ug of their LSD?

DrunkardsDream

Ex-Bluelighter
I've seen posts where people will write how they know the specific amount of ug/micrograms in LSD.

I thought that this was impossible to know unless you were actually involved in the chemistry process side of things which most people are not?

Is it just an estimate based on what people think that they have in a dose?

Or is there an organization sort of like how there used to be an organization where you could send in a pill and see if it was MDMA/MDA/MDE or another drug and how many mg it was and they'd put it on their site but for LSD?

People don't truly know unless its a popular blotter thats been tested. After you've done lsd a fair amount of times it gets easier to make an educated guess as to how much was on the hit but theres no real guarantee of accuracy.

They're just guessing based on previous experiences. Which is of course retarded, as a relative gauge is hardly useful when you're talking about multiple users reports.

short answer, they dont.

like help said, the more you do acid the more you are aware of what the description of a 400ug trip is like. however this is misleading as well since everyone has a different experience at 400ug or whatever dose. its pretty funny how many people claim to know the amount of acid on a tab they have, when they really have no clue.

dont ever trust a dealer that tells you the ug's on a tab.

from what i have read blotter goes from 50ug up to around 115ug max.. most is below 100.. gel tabs and microdots can be up to 150ug..

Apparently there is blotter out there that is over 200mcg. I can't say if this is true though, I've just heard it numerous times.

Most reliable way is to know the chemist, preferably well and with mutual trust (good luck with that). After that would be a direct source from the chemist under the same circumstances. Following that that is anecdote of what other people report about relative experience, particularly experienced LSD trippers who can gauge the range pretty well.

Could anyone confirm my suspicion that blotters seem to be increasing in potency after the 2000s decade drought? I may very well be wrong here...

I've also been told that liquid LSD undiluted tends to be far too powerful, so keep in mind that for that reason plus financial logic that liquid is going to be diluted at varying extents, usually the range of an average blotter per drop nowadays.

I've had the fortune of trying >99.7% pure LSD tartrate, and it completely recalibrated my understanding of the LSD dosage:intensity relationship. I took exactly 100 mcg, with an additional 80 mcg at 2 hours, and it proved to be a full immersion dose even before the booster. Speech was more or less intact, except for the occasional loss of a train of thought, but it was by no means a light experience. I'd be somewhat suspicious of anybody that claims to have had a 250 mcg dose, yet is still able to articulate their thoughts on such a dose. OTOH, even if overestimation of dose really is a ubiquitous phenomenon, it's not something worth quibbling over.

What I previously thought were 60+ mcg/hit gel tabs, ideal at 4-5 tabs with somewhat preserved faculty of speech, proved to be not much different in intensity to the 100 mcg dose.

As for testing services, the median LSD blotter dose reported form a large collaborative analysis in 2005 was roughly 50 µg (range 19-102 µg) and average purity in another report was 62%. Liquid LSD doses were typically even lower.

from what i have read blotter goes from 50ug up to around 115ug max.. most is below 100.. gel tabs and microdots can be up to 150ug..

It's technically possible for a square of blotter paper to hold over a milligram (1000mcg), maybe up to 2? I can't remember the limit exactly. But a blotter conceivably could have a huge range of LSD on it. In practice, I doubt many mass-produced hits contain more than 100mcg these days. Back in the early days of LSD, hits contained a lot more.

Gel tabs, being larger size, could theoretically contain a hell of a lot of LSD. f course, this would be economically unsound, so it's not really going to contain more than a good, strong hit.

I'm one of those people who occasionally posts ug, and in my caze its pretty simple: its because I am dutch. In the netherlands we have testing points where you can anonymously bring illegal drugs and have them tested for strength and purity. They also test blotters of LSD, and of every sheet of LSD I've had I tested one; so I usually have a bít of an idea.

You can't be too exact though, even if they tested how strong it is in a lab. First of all, there's always a spread between how much there is on there, usually its a difference of about 30 ug at most, so hits that are for example 70 to 100 ug; because of this still you never know exactely, but you can estimate how much it was roughly; which is still a decent guess compared to not having a clue at all.

Personally blotters have given test results between 55 ug and 390 ug; there's a wide variety although 50-150 ug is most common in the Netherlands. What its like outside of my area I really don't know, but i did know a canadian guy who claimed he was an experienced tripper having done over 10 hits at a time who had his strongest trip ever on half a stronger dutch blotter (that was tested to be usually between 175-220 ug).

Point being; even when dutch people still can't be completely sure; there are a few places in the world where you can have your drugs tested where people have a bit of a closer idea to how much is on there.

In the netherlands we have testing points where you can anonymously bring illegal drugs and have them tested for strength and purity. They also test blotters of LSD, and of every sheet of LSD I've had I tested one; so I usually have a bít of an idea.

This is how I found out for the first lot of LSD I tried. After that it's a case of an educated guess. :)

damn, the nethelands is so cool about drugs. do they test for free?

Yeah, testing is free in some places. There are a few who charge but in most locations, atleast the one I go to, its free. There's places you can bring your drugs for testing in almost all of the bigger cities.

WoW well azgaza i am on my way !! This is simply amazing, and im sure the availability in your town is quite amazing ! Can u take anything to get tested x,Rcs,coke)??

As for testing services, the median LSD blotter dose reported form a large collaborative analysis in 2005 was roughly 50 µg (range 19-102 µg) and average purity in another report was 62%. Liquid LSD doses were typically even lower.
The liquid LSD had lower purity or lower quantity per drop, or both? Do you remember what the impurities consisted of in the 2005 report? The second article linked to below lists test results of blotter from the early 1970s containing varying quantities of iso-LSD as an impurity (not sure if other impurities might be in today's blotters), but also says Hofmann tried iso-LSD up to 500 ug without any activity.

Regarding how much LSD can fit on a blotter: in the second article Erowid cites info from the DEA stating that blotters that contained up to 200ug per hit were found (I'm assuming standard sized blotter).

Here's an interesting informal test that gave pure Sandoz delysid LSD to 70 people experienced with street LSD, and the general consensus was that there wasn't any difference.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article2.shtml

This is a funny anecdote from a different paper from Erowid's LSD vault regarding how trustworthy people's judgment of quality LSD is (it seems likely the same is true for most impure RCs -- people are biased against color, crystal size, etc., and power of suggestion ruins their experiences):

NSFW:
One of the primary arguments against the premise that differences in LSD experiences are the result of differences in quality of material has come from people we've spoken to who have distributed and aliquoted acid in the past. One such person described how some recipients of his LSD would go on at length about how distinct and how much better one type of blotter was than another. Yet, often, both types had been aliquoted by this chemist on the same day, from the same batch of liquid, onto similar blotter paper bearing different designs.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article1.shtml

Section about iso-LSD impurities:
NSFW:
Iso-LSD is considered non-psychoactive. Papers in the late 1950s reported low or no activity for iso-LSD, including a very interesting report published by Sandoz comparing activities of several "lysergic acid derivatives".11 Albert Hofmann reported having tried iso-LSD at doses up to 500 µg and found no psychoactivity. More recent rat experiments have found that rats given iso-LSD in a discrimination study don't respond as though it's d-LSD.12 It is an open question, however, whether high levels of iso-LSD could possibly alter the effects of LSD, either through activity at a different serotonin receptor type than d-LSD triggers or through some other mechanism.

As far as we know, no research has been done to determine whether isomers of LSD can potentially reduce or alter the receptor binding or otherwise modify the pharmacodynamics of d-LSD. At this point, iso-LSD is mostly believed to be inert and simply represents "wasted" lysergic material since it is in the wrong configuration to be psychoactive.

It's nice to know that even if your dealer inflates the micrograms, at least so long as it is LSD, the quality of the trip probably isn't dependent on the purity levels.

Last edited:
short answer, they dont.

like help said, the more you do acid the more you are aware of what the description of a 400ug trip is like. however this is misleading as well since everyone has a different experience at 400ug or whatever dose. its pretty funny how many people claim to know the amount of acid on a tab they have, when they really have no clue.

dont ever trust a dealer that tells you the ug's on a tab.

Around here it is possible to get your LSD tested for dosage for free. :)