• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc soma potentiators- CYP2C19 inhibitors

OpiYum

Greenlighter
Hi -- I have 2 questions below with a little junk inbetween.

Soma/Carisprodol Metabolism:
From the FDA website (drugs.com) about Soma/carisprodol, "The major pathway of Carisoprodol metabolism is via the liver by cytochrome enzyme CYP2C19 to form meprobamate."

Q1: Besides prilosec and maybe nexium (http://www.hanstenandhorn.com/hh-article04-08.pdf), but supposedly not the other proton pump inhibitors, what other medications and foods contain CYP2C19 inhibitors?

[Interesting: "The prevalence of poor metabolizers in Caucasians and African Americans is approximately 3-5% and in Asians is approximately 15-20%."]

Soma Absorption:
[/B]Articles also said that fat doesn't affect absorption so whether taking Soma with or without food doesn't affect the intensity. However, I have read from others and from my own personal account that food diminishes the intensity of Soma.

Q2: What are your experiences regarding Soma experiences and food?

Hey psilocybinge, I have very little chemistry or rather science background, could u please explain what u said in more detail so I can make sure I truly follow? Much appreciated...

By the way, out of all the muscle relaxants, Robaxin, Flexeril, Zanaflex, Soma (sorry these are al the US name brand names and not the actual pharmaceutical), how would u rank them in terms of intensity, duration, and recreational value and consistency?

^https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12537513
In vitro, modafinil was observed to produce a reversible inhibition of CYP2C19 in human liver microsomes. It also caused a small, but concentration-dependent, induction of CYP1A2, CYP2B6 and CYP3A4 activities and suppression of CYP2C9 activity in primary cultures of human hepatocytes. Clinical studies have been conducted to examine the potential for interactions with methylphenidate, dexamfetamine, warfarin, ethinylestradiol and triazolam. The only substantive interactions observed were with ethinylestradiol and triazolam, apparently through induction of CYP3A4, primarily in the gastrointestinal system. Overall, the results of the interaction studies suggest that modafinil has potential to affect the pharmacokinetics of drugs that are metabolised by certain CYP enzymes

Baclofen from wikipedia
Biotransformation is low and the drug is predominantly excreted unchanged by the kidneys.

So.... I still don’t know how to make Soma last longer, but also ensure that it is converted to meprobate

Ok, this isn't the least bit helpful but I would love to have Soma again. I took it for 8 months and 1 pill worked so well, plus it always made me feel slightly high and I never had to increase my dose. Doctors in pain management will not prescribe it anymore because everyone abused it but I thought it was better than other meds they gave me back then. I had a whole bottle at home that walked away...200 pills. People suck, animals rule. I've had so much medicine stolen by 4 different family members that I don't trust anyone anymore.