• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buphedrone (alpha-methylamino-butyrophenone) megathread - spread your knowledge!

Mr Sosa

Bluelighter
1-Phenyl-2-methylaminobutan-1-one (Buphedrone, α-Ethylmethcathinone, 1-phenyl-2-methylamino-1-butanone) is a stimulant drug first synthesised in 1928.[1] It has similar effects to methcathinone but is several times more potent by weight.

off wikipedia

anyone tried it or get any more info on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Based of the safety profile of other related compounds, I'd say its a disaster waiting to happen. Look at mephedrone/methedrone...

^^^
i dont know, this does not look anywhere as threatening as 4MMC, in fact its something i would be more than willing to try! i think the issue is with the para-substitution not with all beta ketons, CAT, MCAT, BKMDMA, EthCAT and DiEthCAT all have long and relatively clean histories and alpha-ethylation usually increases potency and abolishes affinity for 5ht2a receptor (too aplanar ive heard) could be a nice general stimulant - hopefully we will find out soon...

Last edited:
Are there any info on its non-beta-ketone brother 1-phenyl-2-(methylamino)-butane?

Some is being synthed with guinea pig trials happening in mid-december hopefully

^^^
i dont know, this does not look anywhere as threatening as 4MMC, in fact its something i would be more than willing to try! i think the issue is with the para-substitution not with all beta ketons, CAT, MCAT, BKMDMA, EthCAT and DiEthCAT all have long and relatively clean histories and alpha-ethylation usually reduces potency and abolishes affinity for 5ht2a receptor (too aplanar ive heard) could be a nice general stimulant - hopefully we will find out soon...

You're right. For some reason I read it as parabutylmethcathinone8(

So this is going to be more of a stimulant in the classic sense of the word than an entactogen/empathogen?

apparently so, still very wuphoric i think or he wouldnt have bothered getting some synthed

apparently so, still very wuphoric i think or he wouldnt have bothered getting some synthed

Looking forward to buphedrone being around, specially if it turns out to have an entactogen flavor...

hopefully this turns out to be the non toxic mephedrone.

Whoa, I just saw this one for sale...it's dirt cheap from thailand...this stuff is really several times more potent than MCAT by weight??

Isn't a dose of MCAT like 20-30mg for someone with no tolerance?

So are we talking like JWH018-esque doses to get high off this stuff? (1-5mg)

8o8o

erm, it's not from thailand anymore in case you didn't know...
but yeah! anyone knows the dose for this stuff?!?!?!

info on dose here:

www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=447949&page=13

Its about 2-3x the potency of Methcath with a dosage of 10-30mg p.o..But its more like between Methylphenidat/amphetamine than Methcath in its subjective effects.Btw potency INCREASES with alpha-homologation in bk-PEA's!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if it was a straight stimulant, maybe it could help my ADD. But then again non toxic mephedrone would be amazing

Thanks for the dose! But a friend of mine received a brown slip postmarked in thailand like 3 weeks ago...:?

well, the next one will come from another location
I wouldn't have noticed myself if I hadn't checked

im more interested in effects, duration, etc then where its coming from.

my guess is we'll have some reports soon enough ;)

1-Phenyl-2-methylaminobutan-1-one
α-Ethylmethcathinone
"Buphedrone"

Saw a popular source discretely advertise this product... probably will be seeing this soon.