• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

low cholesterol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripz_two

Bluelighter
Ok, just curious if anyone here can help on this one.

I have low total cholesterol (135). While most people think that would be great, its actually maybe not. I have anxiety issues, and i read some very scant info on the web about low cholesterol being linked to anxiety.

If I had to guess I'd put my money on the fact that the brain is like 90%(not sure exact figure) made of cholesterol, and that serotonin has some link to cholesterol levels. On the other hand I have no idea what Im talking about really.

So questions is - is there any good way to raise total cholesterol? Would fish oil do the trick? Id like to get up around 165 which is considered normal. But dont know how to go about it in a healthy fashion.

What does your diet look like? Are you eating low fat?

Cholesterol is produced in the liver using fats and is controlled by insulin. Usually the insulin isn't the problem, it's the fat intake. Make sure you're eating plenty of nuts, seeds and oils. Fish oil really wouldn't help because it's a rather small amount of fat.

And yes, low cholesterol can contribute to lots of problems since it does so many things in your body. It does everything from forming the solid part of your cellular walls to acting as a precursor to vitamin d, testosterone and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.