View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Transdermal LSD vs. the body load

soahc

Bluelighter
I don't know why, but I had grown to have a tumultuous relationship with Lucy. She started to make my gut ache. Too many palpitations, muscle tension. Even considered a trip to the ER on her because my heart felt like it wasn't working properly.

My intuition told me that I had health problems. I was malnourished, unhealthy from being a junkie on less rewarding substances like crystal and coke. My digestion was horrible from eating crap food. Smoking cigarettes.

So I got some good stuff, years ago, and just held on to it. Let it soak in. And it hit me, it worked, without touching my tongue to it, but there was NO body load. I had a nice even trip.

I know trans dermal ingestion is usually by accident, considered a waste. I feel that I can not go the oral route anymore. It hurts my gut. Gives me stomach problems, and seems more like a head trip, more anxiety, paranoia, probably because of the proximity of the capillaries of the mouth to the brain...I don't know.

So I am thinking IM now, if I ever run into her again. IV seems like it may be jagged, certainly if oral is jagged for me. Huxley liked IM as we all know, even asked for one on his death bed.

Who has experience with IM lsd? Any insight into why I felt so much better on transdermal over oral? I am looking to stay married to Lucy myself and would hate to get a divorce, so looking for solutions.

soahC

I've never seen transdermal ingestion of LSD even work. I've intentionally tried to make it work to no avail, wasting a lot of high quality LSD in the process. Just IME.

Well, trans dermal is a proven means of absorption. Many drugs are administered that way. But yeah, it only worked for me with really good stuff. And a lot of it. I literally carried a large strip around in my hand for a few hours.

There is a chemical that promotes absorption through the skin, I forget it's name, but I heard that it can be mixed with LSD.

Have you tried IM lsd?

^No because LSD has a ridiculously high oral bioavailability, there's no reason to take it by any other route of administration. And that chemical is called dimethyl sulfoxide, there's a thread on it where we were talking about how LSD doesn't work transdermally. Not all compounds can be effectively absorbed transdermally, and indeed most can't be absorbed without a carrier agent.. DMSO happens to be an excellent carrier agent because its a polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and non-polar compounds and it readily penetrates the skin.

OP, let me ask you...is this from the same batch of LSD? Old LSD converts into chemicals that have nearly the same activity as LSD but also exert more negative periphereal effects. this is at least what I've found. The fresher it was laid from crystal that was recently manufactured, the cleaner it will feel. its fragile technology.

I've never seen transdermal ingestion of LSD even work. I've intentionally tried to make it work to no avail, wasting a lot of high quality LSD in the process. Just IME.

a friend got caught with a book of LSD in his pocket unwrapped (lol) in the rain and he started tripping balls once it ran and dripped down his legs 8o

I am not sure of the age of the batch I had that worked well by just holding it in my hands. It was Alexander Grey blotter. Fantastic stuff.

Roger&me:

I'm sure LSD has equally a high IM bio availability as oral administration. I am saying that it seems like there is a body load I get from oral route. Take nicotine for example, I am sure if I were to swallow nicotine it would mess with my gut and give me a body load, but the patch would not. Who's to say that LSD is any different? Absorbing is peripherally, through the skin or the muscle, seems to me like it somehow might filter the drug making it have less (or different?) side effects.

I have personally gotten visuals from skin contact with lsd and no oral ingestion whatsoever. I know it works. For me at least, but not with all the stuff I have acquired.

i think the majority of the negative effects are from its engaging with adrenergic receptors in the brain

well it's interesting because when I got high off of trans dermal, it almost made me tired, and I fell asleep a few times. I felt as if my HR was not sped up like it usually is through oral admin., and I found it much more meditative, much more relaxing, rather than stimulatory.

Perhaps this does have something to do with adrenergic receptors.

Low doses of LSD tend to be speedy, and as you up the dose, the trip becomes more and more lethargic.

I wonder if the body load I experience from oral ingestion has something to do with a weak liver functioning? IV/IM/TD route bypasses liver, perhaps that is the key here.

^I would suggest that the reason for your physical worries is a) your general health and b) something your worrying about on acid. Okay that last point was rather useless- but when I used LSD regularly (sometimes daily, though for a good period at least 4 times a week and large doses), I began getting pretty much the coffee jitters from it, or at least a physical feeling similar to something like ephedrine or synephrine; basically, what I imagine to be the effects of adrenal and subsequent sympathetic nervous system arousal. Whilst I haven't taken LSD on its own for over 18months, combining it with a trytpamine I love usually just enhances the trytpamine (iprocin worked very well with LSD, though trembling was very evident). LSD is a dirty drug in the sense that it has broad neurological and phyiological effects. It affects quite a few different receptor subtypes. Its effect on dopamine is one reason why it could cause nausea; also, its actions at 5HT3b (or a I can't remember) can specifically cause vomiting.

But- I have read of individuals who have basically coated themselves with DMSO and LSD solution with no effect at all. It seems clear that LSD is a prodrug, as it is excreted so quickly after ingestion. If it worked for you transdermally, thats cool- but there is utterly no physical reason why it should. Though, as GP mentoned, there are those stories of transdermal absorption- Jimi Hendrix and his sweatband for example. Who knows?

Please specify why there is "no physical reason why it should". Do you have scientific data to back that up? It certainly works IM. Seems like the only reason why it would not work TD is that the skin would somehow block it, because if it works IM then it would work subcutaneously, and if it works SC then the why not TD?

I am thinking more and more that this is a liver issue. I suspect I have liver scarring from eating crap and abuse of drugs and alcohol. Oral administration meant that I swallowed the LSD which meant my liver got to process it. I am looking forward to IM'ing her sometime to see if that doesn't clear up our difficulties.

A few days ago I ingested 1000 MG's of tyrosine on an empty stomach and it fucked me up for two days. Another reason I suspect my liver. Of course, 1000 is a lot of pure tyrosine. People thought I was tweaking!

Last edited:
Low doses of LSD tend to be speedy, and as you up the dose, the trip becomes more and more lethargic.

You still feel stimulated though, that weird metallic and electric feeling you get in your body. High doses make you feel like laying down most of the time because you get dizzy and the effects are intense so you're better off just chilling lol

Please specify why there is "no physical reason why it should". Do you have scientific data to back that up? It certainly works IM. Seems like the only reason why it would not work TD is that the skin would somehow block it, because if it works IM then it would work subcutaneously, and if it works SC then the why not TD?

Well, as I said, if it worked for you, it worked. I ain't doubting that. Just that many people say that its not possible. SC injection is still pefform undered several layers of skin....But yeah....

David Nichols said:
And yesterday I was talking to Nick Sand, and Nick said, "I made a solution of LSD in DMSO…" -- DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a chemical that greatly enhances absorption of other chemicals through the skin -- he says, "…I painted it on my skin. Nothing happened." A concentrated solution and nothing happened!

http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conference_mindstates4_nichols.shtml

You may notice this particular link being rather common of late. I'm not doubting your experience, just wondering is all.....:)

There is no doubt that it is possible to me, but I think it requires a higher amount. Like I said, I held a ten strip in my hand all day and felt it. Maybe with one hit that is not enough. Certainly if someone was playing around with pure precut crystal then they should wear gloves.

didnt hoffman get high TD the first time he was experimenting with the substance? ( i mean like b4 he knew it was a psychedelic/drug n stuff)

i don't know. i've never gotten body load from anything. no drug has made me vomit either. it seems some people get it and others don't.

However you get the drug in to your circulatory system, some of it will get to your liver. I'm with Gain Plains on this one - I've had some batches of LSD which did not have noticable ergoline type physical effects. I've also taken good acid and experienced the stomache cramps, aching legs, and headaches typical of ergoline class compounds - with a balls out dose. I do think the quality (iso-LSD:LSD ratio) could be a factor, metabolites, and the serotonergic action of LSD itself on peripheral serotonin receptors (which should produce some vasoconstriction).

Even high doses of psilocybe mushrooms do this to me. The serotonin-like nature of these compounds seem to hold this in common. (The same reason why they are used for migraines).

I do think the quality (iso-LSD:LSD ratio) could be a factor, metabolites, and the serotonergic action of LSD itself on peripheral serotonin receptors (which should produce some vasoconstriction).

I think this is exactly correct. When people talk about "fresh" acid, or just any batch of acid that seems "cleaner," its probably due to lack of degradation into iso-LSD and lumi-LSD.

I can attest to that as well, fresh acid is always better. Some batches just seem more special than others, and I think its because better care is taken to ensure that its synthesized well and subsequently handled correctly thereafter.

In a way, its kind of correct to say that a batch of acid has a sort of "karma." That karma is either good or bad depending on how well its been cared for. Good acid was synthesized by someone who knew what they were doing, who was an ace at chromatography and had access to high quality precursors and peptide coupling reagents. Then after the synthesis, great care was taken to lay the LSD in a medium that is resistant to degradation (like in geltabs or simply dissovled in DI H2O and stored in amber borosilicate glass). These factors are what give acid good or bad "karma"; this karma simply being the % purity of d-LSD in the final product that makes its way to the end consumer.