• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Transdermal LSD vs. the body load

OP, let me ask you...is this from the same batch of LSD? Old LSD converts into chemicals that have nearly the same activity as LSD but also exert more negative periphereal effects. this is at least what I've found. The fresher it was laid from crystal that was recently manufactured, the cleaner it will feel.

What chemicals does it break down into?

From what Roger&Me said above I'm assuming it degrades into iso-LSD and lumi-LSD

Doesn't LSD basically metabolise into 2-oxo-4-Hydroxy LSD, (O-H-LSD) all this via the liver? Its a neccesary organ, either way, for metabolising acid....

SOAHC said:
So I am thinking IM now, if I ever run into her again. IV seems like it may be jagged, certainly if oral is jagged for me. Huxley liked IM as we all know, even asked for one on his death bed.

Well, he throat cancer so I think swallowing something might have ebeen out of the question somewhat.

Lemme get some clarification -

You put a few drops of LSD solution on your palm - and it works... no?

Doesn't LSD basically metabolise into 2-oxo-4-Hydroxy LSD, (O-H-LSD) all this via the liver? Its a neccesary organ, either way, for metabolising acid....

Surely LSD doesn't have to go through the liver when it is IV'd? I mean, it hits almost immediately yes?

All methods but oral avoid the first pass effect:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80427

Another problem I ran into when I ate the L was duration. I think this was partly because I swallowed some and I have a weakened liver. Oral administration lasts longer than IM.

I think this is exactly correct. When people talk about "fresh" acid, or just any batch of acid that seems "cleaner," its probably due to lack of degradation into iso-LSD and lumi-LSD.

I can attest to that as well, fresh acid is always better. Some batches just seem more special than others, and I think its because better care is taken to ensure that its synthesized well and subsequently handled correctly thereafter.

In a way, its kind of correct to say that a batch of acid has a sort of "karma." That karma is either good or bad depending on how well its been cared for. Good acid was synthesized by someone who knew what they were doing, who was an ace at chromatography and had access to high quality precursors and peptide coupling reagents. Then after the synthesis, great care was taken to lay the LSD in a medium that is resistant to degradation (like in geltabs or simply dissovled in DI H2O and stored in amber borosilicate glass). These factors are what give acid good or bad "karma"; this karma simply being the % purity of d-LSD in the final product that makes its way to the end consumer.

I'm sure you have much more experience than I on this subject, but what if the less degraded LSD is the "dirty" LSD? I've kinda always wondered that.

But yeah, http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conference_mindstates4_nichols.shtml