• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

I've been taking Etizolam, a benzo analog, for 3 months and I've decided I'm no longer interested in this drug after seeing how addictive it is. When I got my first bag, I binged for two weeks or so, had horrible rebound anxiety when I stopped using for a week, started taking it again, slowly increasing my dosages from 3 mgs a day to 3mgs 3x daily. I've decided to quit. I'm wondering if I could try to go cold turkey, try to tough it out, and if it gets too rough I'll take a small dose, just enough to make the WD bareable enough to function? I guess it would basically be an expedited taper. A few days ago, I went 36 hours without dosing and just felt mild anxiety. I know I still had some of the drug in my system because it has a 3.5 hour half-life and the last dose was probably 10 mgs, maybe even a liittle more. Or if the solution is a longer taper, what would the schedule look like? I feel like it couldn't be that bad after just three months but I have been taking irresponsibly large doses.

FYI: Some places do detoxes while you are basically totally out of it, as they sedate you. Or there is like half sedation detox. It is damn expensive but it has crossed my mind to borrow money for it. 2 days of sleep while opiates are "sucked out" of you. Yes please! Of course the mental part must be overcome as well.

I used to be on this site all the time. 4AM in the morning, waiting for the drug dealer to wake up so I could drive 45 minutes to get my fix...just on here looking for cheap ways to abuse some kind of drug to ease the pain. Us addicts are extremely creative! Then finally one night I went to thetreatmentcenter.com some guy messaged me and one thing led to another and they flew me down to FL for free (all covered by insurance). I went to treatment for 30 days (detox was rough but a piece of cake compared to trying to do it myself- they baby u with hycodone, subutex/suboxone, klonopin, and whatever else u need) and provide u with TONS of other therapeutic/recreational, assistance. I still live down here today and I'm writing this because I'm hoping I can reach someone who is going through what i was and let them know your world doesn't always have to revolve around ur withdrawals and getting your fix. Once you get to that spot where you don't care if you wake up or not, what else do you have to loose? i mean, do i really have to convince u to let the center fly you down to Florida? lol private message me for more info.

I used to be on this site all the time. 4AM in the morning, waiting for the drug dealer to wake up so I could drive 45 minutes to get my fix...just on here looking for cheap ways to abuse some kind of drug to ease the pain. Us addicts are extremely creative! Then finally one night I went to thetreatmentcenter.com some guy messaged me and one thing led to another and they flew me down to FL for free (all covered by insurance). I went to treatment for 30 days (detox was rough but a piece of cake compared to trying to do it myself- they baby u with hycodone, subutex/suboxone, klonopin, and whatever else u need) and provide u with TONS of other therapeutic/recreational, assistance. I still live down here today and I'm writing this because I'm hoping I can reach someone who is going through what i was and let them know your world doesn't always have to revolve around ur withdrawals and getting your fix. Once you get to that spot where you don't care if you wake up or not, what else do you have to loose? i mean, do i really have to convince u to let the center fly you down to Florida? lol private message me for more info.
Congrats on taking the plunge into recovery. That initial decision and action is the hardest part: deciding you really want to quit and actually doing something about it.

I am in a mood today and wanted to come in here and give you all some encouragement.

Addiction is a disease. It is real and it is physical and you are born with a predisposition to it. Using and abusing drugs changes the way the brain operates. While some addicts can go cold turkey and stay clean, it is rare. Many of us have practically built our lives around our doc, so quitting is not just about ceasing use. It involves a complete overhaul of your life: new friends, new activities, new environment. Breaking those patterns we spent years living by is not an easy feat but it is totally possible. Bluelight and especially the recovery and support sub forums is a fantastic resource. People do care, you have potential, and you can have a better life. You just have to want it enough and have the proper motivation.

I will recount, anecdotally, that getting clean for someone else will probably not work. This is not to say it can't be a stepping stone to get you to a place where you want to be clean and sober for YOU and your own reasons. Doing it entirely for someone else puts a huge strain on that relationship and can cause animosity and tension. Do it because you're worth it, because you deserve a better life and a better you.

Help with Meth withdrawal. Does CBD make it easier and getting off antidepressants??

Since you're addicted to heroin which is an opiate, and you're on an anti-depressant you need to withdrawal under medical supervision and not on your own at home. I have no idea about meth but some of my friends who were heavily into it did go to a detox/rehab or got off of the drug via medical supervision. Good luck.

Since you're addicted to heroin which is an opiate, and you're on an anti-depressant you need to withdrawal under medical supervision and not on your own at home. I have no idea about meth but some of my friends who were heavily into it did go to a detox/rehab or got off of the drug via medical supervision. Good luck.

I make my own carnage and always redeem myself or find a way out.

I won't kick heroin yet? Idk. I've done it before.... I'm still strong enough.. . I just can't come clean to my dad it will just give him another reason to hate me and prove I'm a failure.

Got charges, failed college this semester, didn't even try, got hooked to Meth and Heroin. Got suspended my junior and senior year for a month or more.

Came clean about drug abuse. Got hooked to Meth heroin weed cigs pills booze and crack.... All since 8th grade. I am a failure.....

No coming clean can I blame withdrawal symptoms on the Prozac? I mean I am going to withdrawal even though I took a small dose of it too only I think 10-100.mg to tired to remember. When my dose was 20-200 mg around there

I am gonna get off the Prozac. Then the Meth and Heroin and stick to weed time to work on myself. But only with myself ... Any home remedies for meth withdrawal... Why does it have to be such a bitch.

I have CBD oil which acts as an antidepressant it releases the same chemicals so I'll still have it and won't fry my brain just won't have nasty effects of Prozac.

It's just all for the better. I never wanted to be a meth head... I also don't smoke that much heroin neither just 3-4 points a week... Hardly buy that mostly get a 10 piece of Methamphetamine and smoked only 5-6 points or two three days in a row no more than a twenty

OK keep in mind that you're not a failure, and there's nothing wrong with asking someone for help or getting medical assistance to get off drugs.

Trying not to be a clone of the one who ruined your family is hard...It's all building up. I try so hard but always get fucked somehow. Need to start going to work on time.

Parents love their kids. They will be worried but when we use drugs people feel that's something wrong.
I believe you will get the support you need plus the benefit of clean conscience.

Last edited:
one thing that irked me a little coming to this site in the beginning is that all the horror stories and addiction and stuff is on TDS whereas all the info on getting high is on other drugs. It's pretty easy for an average person new to the site to just look at what they want to see, and maybe not even know there is a forum called TDS. If i had heard bad things about how drugs fucked people over while i was reading about them, it might have changed my mind. i think this thread could be good as either a warning, or as a summary of tips of how people have quit.

Thisss took me a year to find the dark side straight up i too made a choice to become an addict cause i didnt giv a fuk. O well hindsight and all

Years of Benzo's, Hydro and Carisprodol, all prescribed

Hey Guys, I need a little advise. I need to find out if I have done it right. Work gave me carpal tunnel and tendonitis. Put on Tylenol 3 for that was on it for 5 years. I didn't want to get addicted but it's probly a pretty safe bet you cant beat addiction. I only took 2 a day unless I was going someplace off work. Got in bad motorcycle wreck(good thing I landed on my head) 15 years ago and was put Percocet for a few months then on Soma 4x a day, Valium 10mg 3x a day, Vicodin 7.5 (now Norco) 4x a day. I still only took and continue to take 2 norco and occasionally 3 a few times month. I take the first one within an hour of waking up to help shake some pain off. Grab another one between 4 and 5 and that's it for the day. I really feel shitty every morning and the first one don't work very well, the 2nd one works pretty good I guess, not pain free but better. Then I take a soma a few hrs later and one an hour or so before bed. It's great for pain btw.

Didn't mention the valium because i tapered off it and after 15 years it was ROUGH. On a side note I tapered valium for 6 months and felt like shit the whole time. Then after I quit at .5mg I felt worse for 6 weeks. I'm at 80 days benzo free and still anxious, busted bones aching worse, leg/foot cramps from hell, cant sleep for shit and fast HB. Sleeping is the worst one.
The thing is my doctor of 20 years quit. He was also running a subs clinic and bailed on those people. Been getting it from another Doc but he's a prick. The Soma or the Norco is gonna have to go soo I aint sucking shit for pills. I wonder if the reason I feel so bad and the morning one don't work good is because am i getting minor w/d at 19 hours after my last dose? If yes I've been going through w/d for 20 years. Don't know exactly what to give up. This new war on pain sufferers stinks.

At this dose for 20 years am I gonna have major w/d? I don't mind saying I'm a tad nervous about it after getting off valium and just starting to feel better. Should I taper or c/t the hydro? Never had to go through this before, I've never run out of any pills. I'm gonna be in pain and can't take aspirin or motrin so I'm screwed. Another Doc put me on gabapentin. I think it's a shitty drug. I don't feel right on it and it don't do much for pain. it's helping sleep from the benzo's is about all i can say good about it.

Well, Thanks. I hope I posted this in the right place.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I need a little advise. I need to find out if I have done it right. Work gave me carpal tunnel and tendonitis. Put on Tylenol 3 for that was on it for 5 years. I didn't want to get addicted but it's probly a pretty safe bet you cant beat addiction. I only took 2 a day unless I was going someplace off work. Got in bad motorcycle wreck(good thing I landed on my head) 15 years ago and was put Percocet for a few months then on Soma 4x a day, Valium 10mg 3x a day, Vicodin 7.5 (now Norco) 4x a day. I still only took and continue to take 2 norco and occasionally 3 a few times month. I take the first one within an hour of waking up to help shake some pain off. Grab another one between 4 and 5 and that's it for the day. I really feel shitty every morning and the first one don't work very well, the 2nd one works pretty good I guess, not pain free but better. Then I take a soma a few hrs later and one an hour or so before bed. It's great for pain btw.

Didn't mention the valium because i tapered off it and after 15 years it was ROUGH. On a side note I tapered valium for 6 months and felt like shit the whole time. Then after I quit at .5mg I felt worse for 6 weeks. I'm at 80 days benzo free and still anxious, busted bones aching worse, leg/foot cramps from hell, cant sleep for shit and fast HB. Sleeping is the worst one.
The thing is my doctor of 20 years quit. He was also running a subs clinic and bailed on those people. Been getting it from another Doc but he's a prick. The Soma or the Norco is gonna have to go soo I aint sucking shit for pills. I wonder if the reason I feel so bad and the morning one don't work good is because am i getting minor w/d at 19 hours after my last dose? If yes I've been going through w/d for 20 years. Don't know exactly what to give up. This new war on pain sufferers stinks.

At this dose for 20 years am I gonna have major w/d? I don't mind saying I'm a tad nervous about it after getting off valium and just starting to feel better. Should I taper or c/t the hydro? Never had to go through this before, I've never run out of any pills. I'm gonna be in pain and can't take aspirin or motrin so I'm screwed. Another Doc put me on gabapentin. I think it's a shitty drug. I don't feel right on it and it don't do much for pain. it's helping sleep from the benzo's is about all i can say good about it.

Well, Thanks. I hope I posted this in the right place.
I am an opiate (oxycodone) addict. Some prescribed and some gotten from a family member. I also take a benzodiazepine...Xanax. Any benzo or alcohol can cause seizures or even worse death upon stopping them. But my biggest concern for you is the soma since I had someone close to me on it overdose and die. I'm NOT implying you overtake them but each time I read that word "soma" I panic. Since I'm not feeling well myself and I also see that this is an older post I just want to say I hope you're ok and if you ever need to talk I'm here to listen.

Let's add Phenibut nicotine nitrous n caffeine too ?
I really hope that within my saying that alcohol and Xanax can kill a person upon stopping (something that within rehabs all over the world are told to people time and time again and IS a fact) is not why you posted what you last did. What I merely stated was that soma is well known to be misused as is nearly all other drugs and I ONLY wanted to express concern for the soma due to 1st hand experience experience I endured when someone close to me overdosed on it while trying to get off of another drug and then died. If I'm wrong and that last post was not aimed at me then please accept my sincerest apology yet if I'm right? Then you REALLY have tons of research to do:(. Nicotine? Yes you can in fact overdose on it especially with the new "safer" electronic cigs available. Caffeine? In high school I actually accidentally did it once but I'm still RIGHT here. Really I have no idea what your post was trying to say on a serious thread but it made little sense to be quite honest when comparing nicotine and caffeine to soma, an opiate, a benzo or any other drug for that matter. I "get" that a "drug is a drug" but wow, to compare what you named to other drugs? There's no comparison to be made unless there's people out there trying to get "high" on nicotine or caffeine (which I wouldn't doubt) but I will repeat (not debate or argue) that if your post was aimed at what I said then I don't understand your views I supposed (yet respect all peoples views) and if not then I do in fact apologize. All the best to you for whatever reason you are on this site for.