View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSA Seed Subthread] Morning Glory vs. HBWR Comparison

djtrickdog

Bluelighter
What is better? Now you might say "wtf, what is better? thats a dumb question, its an opinion" Thats why i want to catagories.

Please rate for the following catagory:
Potency
Taste
Price
Accessabillity
Overall

Thanks, i plan to try whatever one gets best reviews first!

HBWR is the most potent since one can get off on far less plant material. However, morning glory is more accessible (sold in hardware stores around here), plus it's cheaper. Both taste equally disgusting.

Overall, I'd go with HBWR. I get major nausea from these plants, so the less material I have to eat the better.

Lol ok. Wait which is cheaper? I know for MG's Its like a buck for 20 seeds, and you need about 500-1000? Sounds expensive to me D:

For prices? or for dosage information? Or both lmao

I probably wont be able to buy them online because I am 16 and obviously live with my parents, and would be pretty darn curious when a box of 50,000 bulk seeds showed up on our steps

^^ that happened to me, parents found a box of unlabelled HBWR seeds.
mum: "son, are you growing weed"
me: "oh fuck"

I would say to try both HBW and MG, man. They are similar but unique enough from one another to both be rewarding in their own ways. I'll give you a brief rundown of differences I've noticed between HBW and MG. Keep in mind I've only used MG maybe 15 times whereas HBW I've used prob. over 40 so I've got much more detailed opinions formed about HBW.

HBW tends to be more stoning, less energizing, more of a tactile body euphoria (similar to good MDMA or Psilocybe), very introspective, very goofy and giggly, at times very weird and confusing, often not very visual (though if you find the right HBW it can be QUITE fucking visual)

MG tends to be less stoning and confusing and more clearheaded and energetic. I'd say HBW is more Psilocybe/MDMA-like and MG more LSD/2CE like. MG also can be a HELL of a lot more visual than HBW at times (ESPECIALLY if rolling while on MG), I also notice less body buzz from MG.

Can't say which is more nauseating or bad tasting. In certain moods I find one more disgusting than the other and on certain days one is more nauseating than the other.

If you want to experience the full beauty of either HBW or MG please just eat the ground seeds your first time and do not do an extraction. An extraction is a terrible introduction to the power of the seeds bc it masks their full power. Your first extraction attempt would be very weak anyway.

To consume HBW simply grind to a powder and put in OOO sized capsules. To consume MG simply grind to a powder and mix in a very sweet flavored, creamy ice cream malt and chug.

Make sure not to let yourself throw up for at least 1-2 hours.

Godspeed to you future LSA Jedi...

By the way the absolute craziest LSA visuals ever come from combining it with DXM (especially Zicam). Once you are truly ready this combo can be the ultimate closed eye trip, surpassing Ketamine for me def... It's like why shoot K and be plunged into a reality where u have often little to no control of the visuals when if you just combine LSA, DXM, KB (and perhaps some Kratom and Hydergine) you will be able to visualize the most detailed movies imaginable in your mind and have utter control over them. I laugh my ass off at the number of guys on BL who foolishly think K gives the ultimate closed eye dissociative visuals... Wouldn't you rather pilot your CEVs than be the passenger for them...

The best way to do it, is to use both. I only use around 5 or 6 HBWR's, cuz they can upset your stomach. But then mix them with a healthy dose of MG tea. Also, take a dramamine and take a lite dose of mj. The trip can be amazing if done right.

Hmm ok all sounds pretty good so far. I am pretty sure (what about you guys?) that i wont be able to find HBW in Lowes, Walmart, Garden Places, or even this Acupuncture place that sells herbs, would i?

MG sound pretty common and next time im out i wanna buy some

Burpee brand Heavenly Blue MG's at Super Walmart are awfully cheap and quality :)

Don't check for them now though because stores dont restock MG's till late winter/early spring.

Oh and MG dosage range- 5-10 grams for a first-timer, 10-20+ for a vet. If you truly are new to psychs I'd say only eat 5 and work your way up from there. And please don't puke until you've held the seeds down for at least 2 hours IMO.

Wedding Bells, Pearly Gates, etc are nice but can't rival Heavenly Blues in terms of intensity.

I laugh my ass off at the number of guys on BL who foolishly think K gives the ultimate closed eye dissociative visuals... Wouldn't you rather pilot your CEVs than be the passenger for them...

The most transcendant CEVs I've ever experienced have been from ketamine and control of the trip is one of ketamine's most appealing feautures to me. I'm no passenger on my ketaskursions, I can assure you :).

I also <3 LSA :).

But have only sampled (many times) in the form of HBWR seeds. I chew them for a long time (30 minutes or so) and suck, slurp and swallow the juice along the way as I see fit. For me HBWR induce a very gentle, physically benign and immensely euphoric trip. Many folks don't find them gentle, beinign or euphoric at all though. Hope you're one of the lucky ones, djtrickdog :).

Only phycs ive done is Nutmeg (i know its lmae, but it worked very VERY well :) )

But i want someone a little safer, something i dont need to gag myself to feel anything, and a more Visualization intenseness

By the way the absolute craziest LSA visuals ever come from combining it with DXM (especially Zicam). Once you are truly ready this combo can be the ultimate closed eye trip, surpassing Ketamine for me def... It's like why shoot K and be plunged into a reality where u have often little to no control of the visuals when if you just combine LSA, DXM, KB (and perhaps some Kratom and Hydergine) you will be able to visualize the most detailed movies imaginable in your mind and have utter control over them. I laugh my ass off at the number of guys on BL who foolishly think K gives the ultimate closed eye dissociative visuals... Wouldn't you rather pilot your CEVs than be the passenger for them...

What kind of DXM doses do you use in that combo. Also, do you take the DXM at the same time as the seeds, or before or after? Do you feel more sick doing the combo?

cant remember where, probably erowid, says morning glory has a LSA content on average of 0.02% and an overall alkaloid content of 0.04%
whereas HBWR has an LSA content of like 0.09% but an overall alk. content of 0.3% so i think there more to baby woodrose than just lsa's

Thanks guys for the help. So how much does it cost all together for the amount of seeds for both seeds for one person to trip?
I still dont have an estimated price. I dont like looking online because they are bulk and, close places probably wont have bulk.

What kind of DXM doses do you use in that combo. Also, do you take the DXM at the same time as the seeds, or before or after? Do you feel more sick doing the combo?

I'm also keen on finding out those dxm dosages and timings, sounds like fun

IMO and experience HBWR is Morning Glory's darker, evil twin. I've done both HWBR and MG 3 times each, as far as I can remember, in both very high doses and mid-level/threshold doses, and it has ALWAYS been my experience that Hawaiian Baby Woodrose has produced a much more difficult experience.

Actually come to think of it now the 3 times I've done MG I've been inside in relative comfort, but doing HBWR I've always been outside in fields and the like, so my opinion is perhaps slightly biased...

Nonetheless I'd still echo that MG is more visual and HBWR is more stoning. Overall it's just been my impression that MG is a much friendlier experience even at very high doses whereas HBWR is much darker and unforgiving. Probably the worst trip I've ever had was on HBWR seeds. That said I came out of it OK without PTSD or HPPD or anything so it could've been worse.

The one advantage of doing HBWR over MG is that there's much less disgusting, sandy, seedmush to choke down, but if you're not one to whine about having to choke down disgusting tasting substances to trip then I'd still pick MG over HBWR.

Perhaps the HBW is just showing you darkness that already lies in your psyche that you don't want to see? It's never been my experience to HBW has dark vibes. It can be very confusing and physically overwhelming at high doses, sure. Things can get to the point that it's hard to follow people's conversations, hard to express oneself to people clearly and hard to comprehend the plot of movies/TV shows (which is why I recommend you instead watch lighthearted easy to follow cartoons on HBW).

HBW can have an edge at high doses but I couldn't label that edge as dark and depressing. One can just feel an out of control edginess at not fully knowing what is going on around them or in their own mind , resulting in them feeling confused and powerless and easily frightened (though HBW is yet to strike the fear in me and doubt it ever will).

If any of you guys' HBW trips ever give you that dark edgy feeling again there's a plethora of plants, heath supplements, nootropics (aka smart drugs) pharmaceuticals, etc. that can really do wonders to relieve the trip anxiety and make one feel calm and centered.

Plants that may help calm down HBW: Bali Kratom, Pods, Kava, Blue Lilly, Pedicularis, Mulungu, Glaucine (active constituent of Yellow Horned Poppy), Wild Lettuce (latex is best), Corydalis

Supplements: L-Theanine, Taurine, Niacinamide, Inositol, Melatonin, 5-HTP

Nootropics: Phenibut, Picamilon (not sure if this one would calm a trip; anyone know?)

Pharms: Benzos, Neurontin, Baclofen, Ambien (though be careful b/c some people have adverse delirious reactions if they take too much Ambien)

In my opinion HBW is actually a much gentler, more understanding, tolerant, forgiving, accepting, compassionate teacher than Psilocybe, 2CE or Uncle Sidney. I can't comment on how Cacti, DMT, Aya or Amanita muscaria's teaching presence compares to HBW as I'm yet to try these.

My strongest Psilocybe experience was off merely 3.5 grams of Thai caps and has left me with a permanent respect/fear of ever recklessing using mushrooms. I realize my trip was so insanely intense because I approached the mushrooms with overconfident cockiness and underestimated their power and mocked them. I assumed hey just because I've easily handled 3.5-10 g of dried Psilocybe in the past 3.5 g of Thai ain't nuthin big, right. WRONG, very, very wrong...

Folks, don't do what I did above and always approach a new batch of Psilo at a very low dose and get a feel for it before plunging into a heroic dose that will leave you feeling like Terence McKenna's worst nightmare trips... I'd say with a new batch don't eat more than 1-2 grams to start. Ideally, don't touch a new batch of mushies till friends have tested it first and you've seen their reactions.

One of these day's I'd like to see how LSA's synergize with Psilocybe. I also would love to see how Peruvian Torch would compliment LSA's. In you guys' opinion would taking HBW and Psilocybe possibly cause one drug to block the other from working (this could happen if one drug blocks the other from reaching receptors) or would they synergize powerfully?

Any of you guys who think just taking HBW alone is dark make sure NOT to try LSAhuasca because you prob. aren't ready. Some of my HBW/Syrian Rue trips were profoundly intense.

Oh, yeah about the DXM...forgot bout explaining how to combine that with HBW. Silly forgetful me. Almost ended my post without getting to the issue of how best to combine Dex and HBW. I generally don't take the DXM till the HBW is peaking or starting to wear off. I never take the DXM before the HBW as the combined nausea would be agonizing. And I don't take the DXM on the HBW comeup as I dont want to compound the HBW nausea.

So I wait till the HBW nausea has totally died down and my stomach feels strong enough to handle DXM. Ideally, you want to use Zicam Max with HBW, rather than Tussin or cough gels. Why? Convenience. Zicam generally causes far less nausea than Tussin or cough gels. If I were you I'd start out with only 1 Zicam Max (around 391 mg DXM per .44 oz bottle) drank right as the HBW peak begins to fade. In 1.5-2 hrs you should be shot to a new, hopefully better peak than the previous HBW-only peak.

The combined body buzz of HBW and DXM is sooooo relaxing, god. The combined antidepressant effect is out of this world too. Not to mention the spiritual insights. Taking DXM while on HBW makes the DXM feel FAR more spiritual than a DXM-only trip. And I haven't gotten to the best part of the combo- the CEV's (Closed Eye Visuals). The CEV's from combining the 2 psychs rival some of the best CEV's I've ever experienced.

I'd say the only drugs that have given me deeper, fuller CEV's are Sally D and Ketamine. On a high enough dose of HBW/DXM with my eyes shut pretty much anything I imagine i can fully visualize. It's like being able to watch crystal clear extremely vivid lifelike movies play out in one's head. You'll never want to open your eyes again. Now, just know to get CEV's of the intensity I am describing I had to take 2 Zicam's, not just 1.

Oh, and I found out taking Kratom does wonders for smoothing out any dirty feelings one gets from HBW or DXM and being on all 3 is a much more clearheaded trip (and much easier to pass out at the end).

I'd def. be curious whether any Ketamine or Salvia veterans upon trying heroic doses of HBW and DXM would agree with me that the combined CEV's are almost as awesome as K or Salvia. In my opinion HBW/DXM visuals are superior since they can completely be controlled, like you have this switch handy that lets you increase or decrease the visuals at will. I love that on HBW/DXM no matter how deep I get into a CEV trance I can open my eyes and within seconds be totally aware of my environment again. I always hated how confusing the comedowns from high doses of IM/IV K were. Took way too long to reintegrate into sober reality...

Wizard, do you add weed to your hbwr/dxm experiences? does it get too confusing at all?
I recently had a "seedflip" at a festival, absolutely amazing, and i brought some weed with me, not much but things still got pretty confusing. Luckely i had a benzo on hand (i didnt end up using it though) and was with some good mates who kept me out of trouble.

hbwr/dxm looks like a good post xmas trip to have