• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

tramadol ER

jonouchi_wheeler

Bluelighter
yes--i "UTFSE" and found nothing..so...

i just got a bunch of these 100 mg tramadol er's(? ers..?) and have been in my room peeling off the fucking outer coating for hours now and have only got a few completely done. my question is:: how much of a difference would it make if there's still a tiny little bit of coating still on them? will it ruin the high in any way or anything? cuz im fucking tired of peeling these shits its hurting my fingers and my eyes, with the whole "not blinking" thing..

not gonna make much difference. You could also crush or chew them. Be very careful, I have seized on them a few times. But I got a big tolerance and was taking about 2000 mgs per day. Seriously. And withdrawal is a bitch. Good luck

i hate tramadol, it was okay the first few times, then i started using the yellow ones with tylenol in them... fucking worthlesss pills.

jonouchi_wheeler said:
yes--i "UTFSE" and found nothing..so...

i just got a bunch of these 100 mg tramadol er's(? ers..?) and have been in my room peeling off the fucking outer coating for hours now and have only got a few completely done. my question is:: how much of a difference would it make if there's still a tiny little bit of coating still on them? will it ruin the high in any way or anything? cuz im fucking tired of peeling these shits its hurting my fingers and my eyes, with the whole "not blinking" thing..

the coating on the pill has nothing to do with the time release mechanism, this is a common misconception. to defeat the time release, crush the pill up into a fine powder.

The yellow trams are called ultracet and yes, they do have tylenol and less tram in them than regular ones. Total bullshit as they can't be crushed and will ruin your liver since you have to take so many to get a buzz. I don't even bother with those anymore

Time Release Tramadol is Golden

stirfry said:
the coating on the pill has nothing to do with the time release mechanism, this is a common misconception. to defeat the time release, crush the pill up into a fine powder.

The time release mechanism (ironically) makes tramadol more abusable/pleasurable. The time release acts similar to repeated dosings, increasing bioavaility. Also, the gradual release allows the short term (undesirable) norepinephrine related effects (panicky, tachycardia) to pass (1-2 hours), while allowing the desirable (M1) component to accumulate (since its half life is more like 9 hours, v/s 1-2 hours.) Tramadol is totally unique in this way, and if one has the time release, do NOT defeat it! Be one of the few who realize that the time release is gold.

^ Interesting theories. I find the come-up from tramadol to be a somewhat nauseating on occasion, and although I feel the effects of tramadol within an hour, it does take a few hours to get any desirable opiate-like effects. Unfortunately I don't feel much of anything from tramadol anymore. I refuse to take more because I'm not going to risk getting a seizure over tramadol, but I still find tramadol is somewhat useful for potentiating other opiates and benzos.

I haven't tried or seen tramadol ER. Although with any ER pill, the time release is in the matrix of the pill itself, not just in the outer coating. Think about it, if the time release was just in the outer coating, that'd mean it would just take longer for your stomach acids to break down the outer coating, but once it did the pill would eventually hit you just like an ER pill. To break the time release, the pill has to be crushed. Some pills such as mscontin have a wax matrix that binds together when it comes in contact with liquid such as saliva so crushing them doesn't even effectively fully defeat the time release. I doubt tramadol ER has a wax matrix though, I'd guess that crushing the pills is all you need to do.

sarbanes said:
The time release mechanism (ironically) makes tramadol more abusable/pleasurable. The time release acts similar to repeated dosings, increasing bioavaility. Also, the gradual release allows the short term (undesirable) norepinephrine related effects (panicky, tachycardia) to pass (1-2 hours), while allowing the desirable (M1) component to accumulate (since its half life is more like 9 hours, v/s 1-2 hours.) Tramadol is totally unique in this way, and if one has the time release, do NOT defeat it! Be one of the few who realize that the time release is gold.

I'm with ya. My doc switched me from Lorcet 10/650 to Ultram ER 200mg. He only wrote a script for 15 pills with one refill. I was mad to find out my insurance only covered so much that I had to pay a 45 dollar co-pay for 15 pills. I was so fucking pissed. Until I used them.

I had taken regular tramadol a long time ago before this and had mixed results, but thas before I learned a whole lot about it. I would put one of these in my mouth under my tongue until the softer outer shell is weak enough you can use your teeth and tongue and pop the inner pill out. let the inside of the pill rest under your tongue for a bit and swallow the shell. That pill will take a long time to disolve all the way but I like the way it kind of numbed and tingled my mouth. I'd eventually swallow it but I figured it was worth the price by how I felt. I still refuse to pay that much for a perscription again so I been getting the regluar 50mgs online and had to figure out a routine to feel as effective. I had to take 100mgs 4 times daily, always before meals. and used whatever potentiators available, like xanax, weed, grapefruit juice, a little booze, or antihistimines. I could achieve the same results but thats taking 8 pills when I could just take one or one and a half of the ERs to feel like that all day.

sarbanes said:
I'm a little confused. Does that mean if I break and chew the Ultram ER I am not defeating the time-release mechanism? That would explain a few things, actually. I feel the effects longer, I think. Emerald is confused! I'm not a chemist, just a lowly ultram-poppin' baker. lol

^ no sarbanes is just saying that due to the unique metabolic process that Tramadol goes through in the body, it is actually of benefit to have slow, gradual dosing over an extended time.

Like he said, If you crush them, you ARE mostly defeating the time release. But this is not really a good thing, because when Tramadol is administered slowly it causes a more euphoric metabolite to build up.

SO

One dose of instant tramadol = more norepinephrine action (pancky, tachycardia), less M1 action (euphoria)

Gradual dosing = less norepinephrine action, more M1 action

way to regurgitate info! :)

be forwarned, tramadol is okay the first few times, but eventually it sucks. it gives headaches and terrible side effects.

tram has been OK with me for over 11 years. regular bloodwork, liver function remains normal. withdrawals are hell on earth. at this point, it no longer brings a buzz, but the dread of w/d is enough to keep me on it. was taken off it by a doc who thought she was helping me for 8 weary months, finally convinced her i needed it back. anyone know some good specifics on how tram changes our brains? why after a certain amount of time, some of us NEED it?

Seratonin and opiate receptor downregulation for a start. Your brain responds to the boost of it's natural chemicals by becoming less sensitive to them (eliminating receptor sites). When the tramadol is taken away and the boost is gone, you are left dull and drained basically.