• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MiPT Thread

22mg of MiPT fumerate was prepared for IM injection in 0.5mL sterile saline + 0.1mL 5% acetic acid. Assuming the usual tryptamine relationship between this ROA and oral, I estimate my dose to be about equal to 44mg oral. The mixture needed to be heated in five three second bursts in the microwave, including light shaking of the vial following each heating, before it went entirely into solution.

12:36: 11 of 22 mg injected IM.
12:39: first alerts.
12:59: Satisfied that the onset was leveling out in +1 territory, I finish the remaining 11mg.
1:04: an elevation in intensity is noted, continuing with the general head swimming, chilly tryptamine onset feeling.
1:08: Some mild visual shifting is noticed in the texture of the carpet.
1:22 At the plateau I take a couple hits of high-grade sativa to soften the edge characteristic of this whole class of compounds. The effects have not developed past the wavy, underwater sensations noted during the onset, though the feeling has naturally matured and cast off the shivery airs of its inception, resulting in a pleasant, wholly unintrusive, sleepy and contented headspace largely devoid of more serious psychedelics' visual and cognition warping effects. At this level I'd characterize MiPT as a droopy-eyed sedative with generalized tryptamine colorings. It complements the relaxing qualities of cannabis nicely. Of the many psychedelics I've tried, the closest comparision to MiPT is 4-ho-MPT, which I likewise felt was fairly subdued.

1:50 20mg of MXE is used RA in preparation of my viewing of “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” and as expected the effects meld smoothly. MiPT alone simply would not have been strong enough at this level for a chemically-enhanced cinematic experience.

If I use MiPT again it will be at 35mg or more IM, all taken in one go. I imagine plus three effects will manifest as well as a little psychedelia-proper at that dosage. One could probably get powerful effects around 60 -70mg IM if they were determined to really test MiPT, though I expect they'd encounter a high, though not unpleasant, noise-to-signal ratio as far a cognitive psychedlia is concerned. My overall impression of MiPT is that of a relaxing mild tryptamine that will mostly only be of interest to connoisseurs and completists.

EDIT: I misspoke above. When IMing the potency increase over oral is more like 250 - 350% greater.

Last edited:
Have a lab offering 5 eto mipt...anyone know of a good, affordable, chromatography lab???

Does anyone yet know how MiPT does along with harmine or moclobemide? I was thinking about it giving it a shot for the sake of trying to extend my supply and maybe lengthening the trip and adding in some synergy too, but there is definitely a lack of information on it. It certainly didn't feel like there was anything threatening about it to me even at 50 mg, but of course that's no guarantee.

I have tried this substance for the first time tonight at a 25mg dose oral and it was extremely pleasurable. There was a slight distortion in the visual field (perhaps for smoking a few joints in between) although the main action for me was a very hightened sense of communication and visualizing the words internally in images, a sort of synesthesia between the few of use present (6). A very sociable subtle euphoria and feeling of connectedness :=)

This has been very high on my list to try! I love the 4-ho version and the 5-meo version.
I wish I could find this stuff. I suspect that it would really really shine at higher dosages or combined with something else like 4-aco-MET or even a Lysergermide.
In fact, I would especially like to see how this would combine with MDMA!!

This is actually MiPT, the base tryptamine. I'd say try 1mg as an allergy test, and then jump in higher, as these base tryptamines are nowhere near as potent as their 5-MeOs.

^I agree an allergy test is advisable even if MiPT is less potent than 5-MeO-MiPT. My only experience is with 5-MeO-MiPT and I thought perhaps the related chemical MiPT could demonstrate the same propensity toward idiosyncratic reactions I had noticed. Erowid also mentions this about 5-MeO-MiPT here:

Erowid said:
5-MeO-MIPT is a tryptamine that has been compared to both 5-MeO-DIPT and 5-MeO-DMT. It is usually taken orally, though smoking/vaporizing of the freebase form has been reported. Some people appear to be significantly more sensitive to 5-MeO-MIPT than others.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_mipt/5meo_mipt_dose.shtml

Perhaps nobody has really pushed the dose high enough. I think the highest dose I have seen reported is 100mg oral. And don't these simple tryptamines get partially eaten by MAOI when taken orally? DPT requires a hell of a dose when taken by this route, probably for the same reason.

I think people probably need to insufflate or vaporize it unless they're willing to take enormous oral doses.

Reports are sparse on this, but maybe the above posters are correct. A quick survey of reports on Erowid shows quite a few lackluster experiences. However, of the three high dose oral reports, two qualified as "glowing experiences" (links below.)

I wonder if we have another 2C-D situation here, where the initial dosages reported by Shulgin were too low and where the dosage response curve is atypically linear.

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=16050

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=107087

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=51725

As the author of the second of those three reports, I will say that that is still very much my opinion as well. That 50 mg was stunningly satisfying, not lacking in any sense of the word. It would appear that other base tryptamines like MET and MPT also often require oral doses in the hundreds of milligrams for significant activity, so I don't know why we should expect more of MiPT.

Luckily I've still got a pretty good amount to prove it one way or another with too. ;) I really would love to hear other peoples' accounts too though. I honestly thought that my one trip on MiPT so far was and still is one of my best psychedelic experiences ever, visual, euphoric, deep, and easy all at once.

I've got about a gram of this myself, haven't tried it yet but I look forward to it. :) Gotta try my MPT sometime too.

I found it lackluster at 25mg orally, but vaped it was nice...though nothing stunning...certainly no MET. But it was lost and i never got a chance to try it again. Boo hoo for me.

Yeah I'm betting 25mg is too low a dose. I'm going to go for 50.

I am going to dose 100-200mg of MiPT freebase soon. I saw in TiHKAL that someone dosed 250mg of DiPT so I'll go out on a limb and say that it's nothing to worry about.
I read some < 30mg trip reports and it was mostly people complaining about a lack of intensity. There is a 50mg + cannabis report here somewhere and he sounded satisfied. I don't know why nobody's venturing up into this dosage range yet.
I got psyched about the aural drug DiPT but grew disappointed when I saw there are no DiPT vendors to the US. I could only find MiPT, so let's hope this produces satisfactory aural effects.

My sentiments exactly. I was actually planning to take 75 mg orally soon, but I might hold off on that if you're going to go for 100-200, might as well see how much of a difference it makes. I look forward to the report!

In retrospect I feel that MiPT did produce some DiPT-like audio effects, but not enough that I even really noticed in the moment, it was only when listening to some of the same songs later that it stood out. If you want the DiPT experience, unfortunately I think you need to take DiPT itself.... It's worth the wait though. The unique effects make up for the struggle while at the same time not being so life-changing that it's like you're missing out if you don't do it right away. That's my opinion anyway.

Why not we both try it on the same day? : D

I'm thinking 150-200mg now. Could anyone venture a guess as to what these amounts might be like or has anyone heard of undocumented HD MiPT trips?

I have seen the light. MiPT is severely underrated. Here is the report I submitted to Erowid:

After reading up on obscure tryptamines on Psychonaut Wiki, I stumbled upon a drug called DiPT, which reportedly distorts sound (as opposed to vision), giving such aural psychedelia as feeling like you're in another universe. I was disappointed to find that DiPT is, as of now, unavailable to most Americans. I happened upon MiPT, and noticing how similar the molecules were, thought that it could be an adequate substitute. I've only read reports of doses up to 50 mg, and they were mostly people complaining. Since DiPT was taken in amounts of 250 mg and more, I figured MiPT must have a similar safety profile.

Me and my colleague, Susan, decided to go hiking at 8pm on a Friday night. I was going to be the only one tripping. Prescription drugs I had taken prior to the trip included 30 mg of Vyvanse for my ADHD and 5 mg of hydrocodone for pain relief. I had eaten food and smoked marijuana at 7pm. At 8:15pm, I swallowed my capsule of MiPT fumarate which was weighed out to a dosage of 95 mg and we began hiking.

After hiking for about 5 minutes, we saw that the trail was wide enough to drive on, so we went back and with Susan driving, we explored the trail by car.

About 20 minutes in, the rocks on the road started forming subtle patterns of a tryptamine signature. At this point, Susan decided to turn the car around and take us to the university for us to play pool.

It was at around 8:50pm that the music on the radio started sounding "condensed". If you were to visualize music as a painting, then the MiPT was causing the music-painting to fractalize, bringing condensed dewdrops of auditory information to the front of the image. At first, I was worried MiPT might not deliver on aural effects like I heard from DiPT, but all doubt has been eliminated.

As we were looking for parking at the university, around 9pm, the radio was playing groovy funk music and the only way I could describe this absolute auditory euphoria is to picture a jazzy, orange-and-blue, reggae-dressed funk DJ. The music came alive and reminded me of synesthetically-tangible Mickey-Mouse-shaped disks "on the down low". I felt like I couldn't get enough of what was now music. Headspace at this point was on the trippy side, but still remarkably clear.

After parking the car, I looked around to see MiPT didn't fail to deliver on visuals either. Cars looked out-of-proportion, parking spots looked tiny, and there was a vague air of color distortion all around. I could understand people, but their speech was distorted in subtly bizarre ways.

Susan and I went downstairs in the student center and started playing billiards. My performance was noticeably affected, and it was almost like people's observation directly affected my behavior. The highlight of this part of the trip, however, was the incredibly surreal way people sounded. The pool parlor reminded me of a cheesy 3D video game about a bar parlor with humorous characters and dialogue. For instance, one guy looked like an old stoner friend of mine telling jokes about tripping in public. It sounded like he said, "Just play it cool. When you laugh randomly and drop balls, just pretend you're doing a thing [akin to acting like a unique character]. Then nobody suspects a thing. *cheesy laughter* " He did not actually say this out loud, but sound was getting distorted appreciably.

There were a couple Chinese students playing pool next to us and the vibe they were giving off was just too hilarious. It was like they, too, were characters in the pool game and they were judging the game Susan and I were having. Such dialogue came to mind as, "Huh. So you think you can play shoot-pool? We'll be the real hustlers here. No pressure for disgrace." There were some other people on the pool table next to us and they kept giving off an aura of cheesy video game lines. After several minutes of this (felt like hours), the background dialogue that I was hallucinating changed to one of humorous commentary poking fun at the idea of a cheesy pool game. For instance, the guy that looked like my old friend sounded like he was commenting on the video game characters. "Play your cool," "get the new texture pack," "check out this vinyl," and "it's a big deal in this lame dating pool" are lines that come to mind. It was also suggested that all the characters, animations, and models are all just "ads for some gay shit". The idea of this was too funny -- that all the trippy people that came by were just advertising themselves in artistic ways. In any case, at the end of the match, approximately 10pm, I lost to Susan and had to pay for the game time.

Susan, who isn't very good with directions, told me to help her navigate to my house to drop me off. We headed up the main road. The audio distortions were still escalating. I became entranced by the bizarre musical sounds coming from the radio and zoned out. She drove me clear to the other side of town before realizing I lost track of directions. I typed my address in her phone so she could find my house that way. If music is typically a forest, then MiPT had turned it into a swamp. Even radio advertisements were distilled into watery packets of sound information. It felt like the other people on the road were psychically communicating with me and shooting the breeze about life theories and social philosophies. One such exchange I remember was about how it would bring great benefits to the world at large if everyone were friendlier and followed more intelligent direction.

After I was dropped off, I went to a semi-secluded area and smoked a bowl of marijuana (no tolerance). The effects of the MiPT exploded as sound became a lot more interesting and tryptamine visuals garnished all surfaces. I was talking to some friends over the phone and realized the sounds that I was producing were no less trippy than the sounds I was receiving. It was like as soon as I said something, conversational possibilities radiated out and we explored a good number of them.

At about 10:30pm, I went inside and watched TV. Just as with the radio, the sounds coming from the TV were "crystallized" into virtual sound packets emanating the gist of each idea. Soon after, the drug peaked and I was tripping balls. Images of my thoughts cascade through my mind and I got lost pondering the future. I flashed back to an old LSD trip I had where I noticed how life is on a prepackaged collision course with death and we're all one under the collective consciousness of the universe, living life on repeat forever, touching on the idea of every conceivable reality, breaking negative cycles. At one point, I was convinced that I died, but I was hardly shaken at all, as I was living on through collective consciousness -- a "giant force ghost" if you will, and I wasn't alone. Futurama was playing on the TV and I believed that each scene in the cartoon indicated us force ghosts engaging in multiverse/omniverse activism, potentiating life and placing events on brighter paths. It was as though all the characters in the show are comprised of universes and the way life was in the universe regions reflected what appeared on the show. For instance, garbage represented worlds where life was corrupted or inefficient, and metal represented neutral, long-term, objective-oriented life. Later, I was pacing the living room, deluded into believing that I am the MiPT messenger sent to spread the word about psychedelic drugs in general and how they can dramatically change people's perception of the world.

I remembered how matter and energy in the universe are comprised of information, and that led me down such psychotic thought tangents as the concept that life carries on through thoughts because ideas are our connection to parallel universes. Information stored in thoughts and memories are translated into actual occurrences in dimensions far beyond. Along with the idea of death came ways to transcend it. In light of the "realization" that thoughts are our connection to other timelines, I continued on to come up with the idea that thoughts are the light, we need the light to exist, and therefore the more we think, the more life we inadvertently create. I know this sounds stupid, but I was convinced that the cascade of ideas that psychedelic drugs often bring increase this "interdimensional diffusion". In other words, I thought life was but a cruel, solitary mistress and somehow drugs were the cure to existential irrelevance and the key to immaterial ideological immortality, and that we can benefit our timeline through intelligent discussion and true virtue. Only when people embrace the extraordinary and accept that which we cannot control do we encounter the path of true happiness.

I changed the TV channel to a comedy talk show and that's when my trip really started speaking. It looked like the hosts saw that since thoughts were generating benevolence, their task was to create as much thought-provoking conversation as possible. I tried to focus on what people were saying, but it came across as garbled yet somehow meaningful nonsense. It felt absolutely surreal, like I spawned into a parallel universe where people just go on TV and spew out sensical noise in the trippiest manner imaginable.

There was little body load, but it felt like alternative timelines were affecting the way my body felt. For example, if I thought about the parallel universes where I drove under the influence, I would mostly feel the "average timeline behavior" (to supplement this concept, think about how engineers and scientists often approximate the behavior of large systems using average behavior) of me being perfectly alright, but I would also get a psychosomatic pain in my chest considering the timelines where I crashed the car. I also hallucinated jeers from the public and the feeling of handcuffs where I was pulled over and failed a sobriety test. Strangely enough, I also experienced hallucinations about parallel universes where people were more understanding and tried to sweep my deaths under the rug. With average system behavior on my mind, I thought about how since the Asians have the greatest population, they really do make the biggest difference in the world and have the potential to sway the momentum of consciousness at large. Seeing and thinking about all these fine factors that play a role in these timelines made me feel like we could engineer universes with our thoughts. The Rick and Morty line came to mind, "What about the universe where Hitler cured cancer? The answer is to not even think about it, Morty!"

This brought me back to similar thought patterns as my aforementioned LSD trip about engineering life to be as painless and efficient as possible. Picture a 2D graph. Now imagine elongated "idea seeds" appearing at the origin and linking outwards like digital mycelia carrying the plans for life. Now imagine a Japanese-style, anime-illustrated, "liquid crystal" (the same type of display as a low-end calculator) box containing a duo of anthropomorphic female neko kitten people. Life energy is generated by the warmth of the love that the kitty people bring, and death is negligible. The kitty boxes also drew energy by subtracting entropy from other universes, further perpetuating the miracle of life and intelligent existence.

Concomitant with an idea I had during my first full psychedelic trip (which was on mescaline), the idea being that misunderstandings are like kinks in a flowing mesh of consciousness, there was one such kink I had to deal with concerning one of those "energy kitten boxes" where one of the kitties was born with a delicate heart and couldn't bring itself to fully trust the other kitty. I had to tap into my inner conscience and shed some pure, concentrated love onto the skittish kitty in order to bring it closer towards the light. The kitty also happened to suffer from atrial fibrillation, so I had to "close the doors" in the kitty's mind away from suffering an excitement-induced heart attack to keep it alive and joyful. The kitty and I bear witness to many a timeline where it fell ill and died of irregular heartbeat, but the air of inner peace surrounding us led to this typically depressing concept to fail to spread substantial negativity. There is no telling where this kitten pair energy unit went afterwards.

At approximately 1pm, towards the end of my trip, things took a gray turn as I walked upon the concept of pedophilia in the world. I encountered a universe controlled by an older Japanese man raising a pair of incest energy kitten children. The Japanese man was essentially god to them, and although deemed corrupt in his cognitive inclination towards the child-oriented, he was actually well-meaning, and the weirdest thought lines proceeded with ideas like aside from placing too much weight on such an irrelevant concept as sex, the Japanese man was truly moved by the ideals that the kitty people stood for, and some part of him turned away from the pursuit of radical sex and he carried on about his real business in his otherwise ideologically correct school. The teachings seemed to be based on some fusion of Finnish appreciation for nature and eastern ideals of educational prowess.

Coming back from the critical analysis of other universes, I felt it upon myself to start paying more attention to the timeline I'm currently in and to treat my body with rest. I'm sure the trip would have continued for a few hours more, but I was tired. The next morning, I was blessed with an afterglow of waning auditory distortions and a vague sense of inspiration to bring people to real action.

In conclusion, MiPT is nothing short of a psychedelic treasure with a deliciously unique flavor and it's time that it got the recognition it deserved. It appears that I was correct in conjecturing that the reason most MiPT trips describe something lackluster is because they aren't taking high enough doses. I felt fine on this 95 mg trip and have no reason to believe you can't take the dosage much further. If DiPT is indeed the queen molecule of sound distortion, then MiPT is the royal princess. This experience was my craziest, most expansive, and most informational trip yet. I do plan to take amounts as high as 200 mg in the future and to share this beautiful molecule with everyone that I know. This strange material also gives my high hopes for the day I try DiPT. Thank you for reading this, and I wish you luck on your mission.

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."

One thing I forgot to add is that when I was listening to the comedy talk show, the lead-in to the neko kitty box idea was where people touched on the idea that we can flex our existential presence beyond the limits of known science by integrating things that are inherently irrational. The hosts on the show expanded upon this by memorizing irrational beliefs they had as a kid, be it faith in religion or unrequited love, and threw the conceptual items into a consciousness machine pool where minds optimized universe blueprints to create the nicest existences imaginable. They were also explicitly discussing neurological cellphone (the voice inside our heads, the oft erroneously neglected telepathic and clairvoyant abilities that all life forms with a nervous system possess).

Another thing I should have mentioned is that the multiverse afterlife I experienced in the LSD flashback consists of reliving the life of everyone who ever existed due to the unlimited number of configurations your bodily matter could plausibly become after it's swept away following your death. I was thoroughly convinced that I saw the mechanism of death, and this scares me a little. Picture all your cognition as following a predictable path. If you dilate time enough, you can "hear" the cogs of life working as expected, and you must make peace with it.

A makeup advertisement during the comedy show led me to illustrate an individual's life as a stack of 3D "memories" and they actions that they accomplished in life and the places they went formed their "makeup". For this trip, bloody, dying flesh makeup certainly existed, but the latency of the process of losing life prevented this from being a dominant focus, fortunately.

1.jpg

MAKEUP

Fantastic. You sound just like me after I tried my 50 mg. :) I felt so vindicated after reading all the weak trip reports and just wanted to share the real MiPT with anyone and everyone. I still do. In many ways that one trip was still the best I've ever had on anything.

Sorry I couldn't dose with you. I actually became extremely sick starting Monday night and am only just now feeling about fully recovered today, minus a sore throat. Any psychedelic experience I partook this week would have been completely miserable, and not to mention unnecessary since I was already practically tripping from the fever. @_@ But I'm very glad to hear that it went so well for you, and you've definitely got me excited to dose even higher in the future!

It's cool that you were able to get such strong DiPT-like audio effects too, they didn't seem like they'd be as strong for me. For what it's worth, you shouldn't be in doubt if you just want to experience them period.... I actually believe that all isopropyl tryptamines will cause them in high enough doses, as I have already experienced them to varying degrees on MiPT, DiPT, 4-HO-MiPT, and 4-HO-DiPT. What makes DIPT unique is just that it does it most strongly and selectively, like it can take you to a level that you described with MiPT here while leaving you otherwise practically sober, which is of course pretty different from what MiPT does. For that reason, and considering how strong it would get by the time you were tripping that hard on it, I would have to agree that DiPT is definitely the queen. But it's pretty cool to know that MiPT can take it that far too!

Thanks much for sharing! I look forward to reading more from you in the future. ;)

Fantastic. You sound just like me after I tried my 50 mg. :) I felt so vindicated after reading all the weak trip reports and just wanted to share the real MiPT with anyone and everyone. I still do. In many ways that one trip was still the best I've ever had on anything.

Sorry I couldn't dose with you. I actually became extremely sick starting Monday night and am only just now feeling about fully recovered today, minus a sore throat. Any psychedelic experience I partook this week would have been completely miserable, and not to mention unnecessary since I was already practically tripping from the fever. @_@ But I'm very glad to hear that it went so well for you, and you've definitely got me excited to dose even higher in the future!

It's cool that you were able to get such strong DiPT-like audio effects too, they didn't seem like they'd be as strong for me. For what it's worth, you shouldn't be in doubt if you just want to experience them period.... I actually believe that all isopropyl tryptamines will cause them in high enough doses, as I have already experienced them to varying degrees on MiPT, DiPT, 4-HO-MiPT, and 4-HO-DiPT. What makes DIPT unique is just that it does it most strongly and selectively, like it can take you to a level that you described with MiPT here while leaving you otherwise practically sober, which is of course pretty different from what MiPT does. For that reason, and considering how strong it would get by the time you were tripping that hard on it, I would have to agree that DiPT is definitely the queen. But it's pretty cool to know that MiPT can take it that far too!

Thanks much for sharing! I look forward to reading more from you in the future. ;)
I have officially switched my drug of choice to MiPT. I think it's highly underrated. There is no comparison with anything else I've tried. People have got to try doses over 100mg. I know for a fact that I'm going to plug 200mg soon. I have a feeling that DiPT will become my new favorite once I get my hands on it. By the time I'm finished experimenting, my hearing is going to be fucked to shit.