• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MiPT Thread

Did you experience anything other than auditory effects? I'm glad to hear that those are being further verified, but I'm also really amazed with the level of variability when it comes to the more traditional psychedelic effects with this one. It seems like a good amount of people have very little trip even in the 50-100 mg range... whereas for me the former dose truly was intensely visual and euphoric and emotional on the level of some of my best LSD trips. It's hard to believe it could differ so much, but I'm not shocked by much in this way when it comes to drugs these days.

Hey MGS, I used to be platinum 907. How do you feel about mipt? I've been out of the game for a long long time

Hello platinum. I found MiPT mild and uneventful at 25mg orally.

https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=25865

As a vaporized compound (up to 20mg) it is a little more interesting. If I had to describe it (smoked)...I would say it is like a visionless DMT, or a soft and slow version of smoked DPT (DPT-light). Not near as interesting as DiPT, MET, or DPT. I never took it up to higher levels and sadly my supply was lost.

The reports of auditory distortion strike me as "not MIPT-like" but then I never took 100mg. Still, it was a decidedly "not sensory" compound for me and my circle.

I tried MiPT and it was better than I thought it would be. I had some mild visuals, but the trip was definitely more sound oriented. Music sounded great. I don't see a lot of people comparing MiPT with 4-HO-MiPT, but I think they are really similar.

I am glad I keep notes...I was sure MIPT did not intensify music in my brain, yet there are the words..

To pass the time while waiting for the material to take effect, I listened to my favorite Pink Floyd album; 'Meddle.' I started to notice some effects within twenty minutes or so.After the initial alert, I felt a strong intensification of the music. Each instrument and note I heard was very clear and well defined. There was also an intensified emotional connection to the songs. No closed-eyed or open-eyed visuals however were present, but when the record was over I did begin to notice some mild trails when I moved my hands around..........

I then decided to put on the Beatles 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.' What an album! Every note sounded so perfect and in its right place. Interestingly enough, even though the sound of the music was strongly intensified, there were still no closed-eyed visuals produced from listening to the music. I did not see anything with eyes shut beyond normal. It was very strange considering how hard I felt I was tripping in my head. It was almost mushroom-like but with no visuals. At least MiPT was not a sensory psychedelic for me.

Well look at that, it wasnt totally uneventful.

Last edited:
Well, I finally tried a higher oral dosage of MiPT, after my first completely wonderful experience on 50 mg years ago. I was inspired by the fact that I had also recently taken 50, then 75, then 100 mg orally of MPT and found it very worthwhile when pushed far enough and still quite clean on the body compared to my one 40 mg smoked MPT experience that was actually rather uncomfortable; it seemed like a plausibly better route of administration all around for me, and my attempt at smoking 50 mg of MiPT had also been much smoother, though less remarkable, than my smoked MPT experience, so I figured that was probably as good a sign as I was going to get. Continuing the pattern, I opted for 75 mg of MiPT orally this time around.

Ironically, this experience ended up being very uncomfortably physical for me, very tense and almost painful in the body, mostly lacked in any sort of euphoria or high, and was associated with a similarly uncomfortable psychological disorientation. Furthermore, as these effects kicked in I did also start getting some psychedelic hallucinations alike other base tryptamines I've taken like some transparent neon corridors appearing from a bird's eye view in my mind's eye or beyond closed eyelids, but these corridors were also immediately swarming with an uncharacteristically high amount of spiders, insects, snakes, and lizards compared to most other psychedelics, so much so that on top of the other effects already kind of described, I honestly felt kind of like I had ingested an anticholinergic deliriant, on top of a serotonergic psychedelic, or in this case blended into one drug. I don't mean to suggest that MiPT necessarily has anticholinergic properties (I'm also not suggesting that it necessarily doesn't, and think it's not out of the question), but if it doesn't then it surely must have some downstream pharmacological overlap with deliriants because it's a highly memorable effect I'm quite familiar with, and that was pretty much it.

That being said, I still found the experience worthwhile and deep, just not pleasant. It had a powerful psychedelic signature to it that was as useful as many other powerful psychedelics generally are, though I felt it was somewhat lacking in the character that makes some specific particularly significant psychedelics really stand out from the crowd. I did a lot of internal work and came out of it feeling refreshed, but struggle to name something about the trip that was really more memorable than anything else now aside from the hallucinogenic effects, which were interesting but not really meaningful to me in the moment or afterwards that I've picked up on so far. I really don't even remember how long the experience lasted because it kind of passed without much fanfare, but I remember it trailing away for a very long time, possibly basically the rest of the day.

I'm not completely turned off from trying a higher dosage again, but I think next time I'll return to 50 mg orally and see how it holds up after all this time. I loved MiPT at that point so far and am starting to think that may be the point around which it really shines for me, if that sort of trip is repeatable.

Ok so I have experimented with smoking this chem and it's a nice feeling and worthwhile in my mind. Last night I combined it in an oil burner pipe with MET and they definitely had a synergistic effect and potentiated each other quite a bit. Has anyone else tried MiPT with another of the base tryptamines? I only have those two and DPT to play around with. Thinking that MiPT will add a positive push to the DPT. If no one has experiences with these combinations I will gladly submit some experience reports for SCIENCE!

I haven't combined MiPT with anything, but I have combined MET and DPT and I felt like they complemented each other perfectly.

It was something like 25mg MET vaporized then 10mg DPT vaporized. I only combined them one time.

I just revisited N,N-MiPT at 25mg rectally with no tolerance a couple days ago. It was biphasic in a way that reminded me of 5-MeO-MiPT, with a somatically titillating, rushy, clearheaded comeup and "peak" followed by a headier but more blunt and uninteresting plateau. It might have been more enjoyable if I weren't hungry at the time, but while I evened out after eating, I still found the second phase to be thoroughly meh. I enjoyed the comeup quite a bit. If the peak were stronger and the plateau were milder, it would be quite the fun and euphoric material.