• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MiPT Thread

EDIT: IGNORE THIS. Sorry, didn't see my original thread was merged into this.

I've done MIPT a few times. 25mg feels good but it's a little light. I did 50mg with no ill effects, and at this level MIPT is definitely visual. I've also mixed MDMA + MIPT + Ketamine and this was a stellar combination. MDMA + MIPT alone feels excellent, and K just makes everything better.

I'm interested in Syrian Rue + MIPT. Has anyone done this?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if no one has tried this. Thus, it may be dangerous, or may not be. Here is what we know if I remember right:

DMT + MAOI = Activates it orally, roughly double potency and length snorted and smoked.
MET + MAOI = Similar to above (increases potency orally as oppose to activates)
DiPT + MAOI = ?
DPT + MAOI = Similar to MET + MAOI
5-MeO-DMT + MAOI = Very dangerous, probably responsible for one death (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_health.shtml)
5-MeO-DiPT + MAOI = Increased body load, maybe dangerous? The person definitely took way too much (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=24026)
5-MeO-MiPT + MAOI = Large body load even on low dose, could be dangerous. (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=24026)
4-AcO/HO-DMT + MAOI = Ayahuasca like and intense, probably not dangerous but mentally trying? (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=58480)
4-AcO/HO-MiPT + MAOI = Unknown AFAIK.

So, my guess would be that MiPT + MAOI would be safe, make it more intense, double potency, lengthen the duration of action, and increase the body load. That is only a guess though. It may be very dangerous, so be careful. Hope this helps.

Mipt

So does anybody have any experiences with MIPT?

If there already is a MIPT thread, please delete this post. I tried using the search engine, and only came up with hits for 4-aco-mipt and 4-ho-mipt.

Solipsis: Tihkal excerpt hidden
NSFW:

From Tihkal:

DOSAGE : 10 - 25 mg, orally

DURATION : 3 - 4 hrs

(with 25 mg, orally) "Quite an active dose. Same initial effects as with 10 milligrams, but considerably more excitement, central stimulation. At an hour, the effects seem to have plateaued. Enhancement of visual field, i.e., brightened colors, clearly defined objects. Definite auditory effects, and I can pick out each sound with clear definition. Very 'heady,' but still remarkably free of visual distortion. Slight mydriasis. As it subsides, there is some muscle tension in the jaws, but much milder than with MDA or even psilocin."

(with 20 mg, by insufflation) "Immediate onset (less than a minute) and to ++. A little dizziness. My first thought is, 'This is definitely psychedelic.' Everything looked brighter, and vision was tinted orange. Everything appeared as if under an orange overlay. No other visual changes to speak of. Skin, hearing, sensitive. All-in-all, however, sensory changes were minor. The effects on thought were more typically psychedelic. The spin-offs, tangents, and implications of different threads of thought became apparent, and I could watch them unfold with my mind's eye. These effects gradually tapered off over the next three and a half hours or so. During this time, interaction with my companions was facile, and we had a good conversation. This compound seems to emphasize 'psychedelic' effects over 'hallucinogenic' effects."

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question was merged here and left to serve as a valid bump, if you don't mind me taking the liberty - and the tihkal entry to which there was already a link in this thread is nsfw'd.

Thanks for helping with the link planckunit - as you probably saw this thread is visible when searching for mipt so I guess you just missed it fagott. :)

This sentence from wiki(like last sentence from TiHKAL report): "MIPT is said to emphasize psychedelic/entheogenic effects over sensory/hallucinogenic activity. Users report strong mental effects, but few perceptual alterations." makes me don't want to try it before I tried others.

How does the effects of MIPT compare to the effects of 5-MeO-MIPT(which I tried and don't liked much).
Also, I think DIPT should be more interesting to try :)

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for this one. Shulgins description of it as a more holistic psychedelic rather than a simple sensory indulgence really appeals to me. I would think that it would have lots of potential at higher doses than most have yet reported.

"MIPT is said to emphasize psychedelic/entheogenic effects over sensory/hallucinogenic activity. Users report strong mental effects, but few perceptual alterations."

I´m considering getting this one aswell. It might go well in a mix with other tryptamines.

It´s funny that 4-ho-mipt is all about the visuals and not so much psychedelic. Were as this one seems to be the opposite.

Well I've been dying to try this since the days before webtryp, and I finally got myself a hold of a 50mg sample, which I took.
Effects lasted for approx 4 hours, so it's not as long or as pronounced as the 5meo or 4- cousins.
I'd heard about the so called "intellectual stimulation" that this drug affords, so I was interested mainly for that reason, and to test my theory that in high enough doses it would prove to be quite hallucinogenic.
Time to come on was about 20mins-usual by oral route on empty stomach.
Peaks around 1hr - 2 hours. Spatial distortion very evident - things like doors and tables appear "shrunken" but the rooms and interior of the house seem massive, like my house just doubled in size. This was an interesting effect.
Mild hallucinations and perceptual distortions, all visual, noticed, but nothing particularly colourful. No desire to listen to music, but if I did I doubt I would have experienced any enhancement. No desire for sex or tactile bliss.
Overall, a type of "retarded" feeling to the action of the drug on the receptor, as if the IP group is having trouble dissociating and so not as frenetic as a dimethyl, methylethyl or diethyl. In this case a very similar feeling overall to 4-aco MiPt, and not at all like 5meoMiPT (which when I took it found quite overwhelmingly speedy).

I've decided I don't like the methylisopropyl moeity much. Instead of intellectual stimulation, which I expected to enjoy in the post-peak period of 3-5 hour mark, all I found was a distinct "sluggishness". That one word really captures the overall feeling quite well. Sort of a lazy, slightly soperific and depressogenic feeling just wanted me to go to bed and stop experiencing the drug. So much for feeling stimulated!

I ended up terminating the trip by taking zopiclone etc and going the heck to bed.
I won't be repeating experiments with this one, overall very disappointing considering the build-up I had formed of it in my own mind. I think that experiments with 125mg could really bring on the visual psychedelic aspects of this drug, but I personally don't want to experience that sluggish iP terminus feeling again, especially at double the dose.
If you want intellectual stimulation look elsewhere, this is about as stimulating as taking rauwolfia root.

Anyone else got experience with this rare compound? It seems to be around more lately and I'm getting a bit curious. I have this hunch that it's probably quite underrated, because why should only the simplest member of the MiPT family be so uninspiring? The rest are all gems in my book, along with most all of the other tryptamines in my experience.

Not yet but thanks for reminding me because I might in the near future... I am not sure if I want to take it orally yet (insufflation does sound somewhat interesting), I probably do. Somewhere in between 20-25 mg I guess.
It will be interesting to be gentle but still with potential to be intense, but virtually all of it mental. I don't know if I will pull through with this plan, if so it might be due the weekend in 2 weeks.

Let us know what your developments are Az.

I tried it some moths ago but i didn't make a report because there wasn't much to say tbh.
I tried with 20mg orally, i had only that amount so couldn't push higher, and i had very mild effects, +1 level, i didn't experience any visual activity and very mild euphoria, for me it was just a night wasted.
Maybe there was some tolerance because 5 days or so before i had taken some other psychedelic (don't remember what tho).
I only felt 'strange' but not really tripping, i guess the dose was too low or the tolerance was still too high.

^^

I think both, but especially tolerance.

I have used 10-15mg to lighten my mood with some sparkle to it. There is little sensory enforcement, but I believe MiPT to be more of a "meditative feeling" compound then a real trippin compound.

Perhaps nobody has really pushed the dose high enough. I think the highest dose I have seen reported is 100mg oral. And don't these simple tryptamines get partially eaten by MAOI when taken orally? DPT requires a hell of a dose when taken by this route, probably for the same reason.

I think people probably need to insufflate or vaporize it unless they're willing to take enormous oral doses.

I feel the same as the above two posters. I don't think people are being adventurous enough with this compound, or at least not providing much of any reports on it...

Well shit, there doesn't seem to be much on this at all. I may need to just IM 50mg to give MiPT the chance, that, to my knowledge, it has never been given. I'm very curious about what's going on at the level of receptor agonism to elicit these reported psychedelic mental effects without any visuals. Hell, I might have to end up IMing 100mg just to make sure there's nothing to this one. Color me intrigued.

I did end up trying this one, but only with MXE. I vaped about 25mg over a short period, a couple hours after a doing small-medium dose of MXE. This put me in a very enjoyable state, with a mindspace reminiscent of miprocin and tactile effects similar to 5-meo-mipt, perhaps even stronger in some ways. One of the most enjoyable and non-offensive body highs I've ever gotten from a psychedelic, the come-up (which is usually somewhat uncomfortable for me) was essentially non-existent when smoking it. OEVs were present but extremely sparse and minor. Closed-eye visuals on the other hand were extremely complex and detailed, some of the best I've had in a while, but exactly how much the MXE affected this I cannot say. Overall I definitely found the experience enjoyable, but it did have a distinctly "not-very-psychedelic" vibe to it, at least at my dosage. I agree with the people who say that it seems to be a fairly potent compound, and I'd personally be reluctant to try some of the higher doses people talk about here. Definitely worth trying again, and I'll have to wait till then before I can say much else.

Sorry I couldn't comment on MiPT by itself or anything, but I figured it was better than nothing, considering how very little information there is about this stuff.

Last edited:
^I'm assuming you have the fumerate? Did you convert it to freebase before you vaporized it? If not, did it seem like some of it got burned or did it mostly vaporize cleanly?