• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-thio-DMT aka "Thiopsilocin"

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
I've done quite a bit of searching, and I cannot seem to find anything in any chemical abstract or index regarding 3-[2-(dimethylamino)ethyl]-1H-indole-4-thiol. This would correspond to the thio analogue of psilocin.

It seems that while sulfur is quite explored in the PEA world (Replace the para-MeO in TMA-2 with an para-MeS, and potency goes up at least 4X).

But not so much for tryptamines...all we know (that I can find) regarding tryptamines is 5-MeS-DMT. In the TIHKAL entry for this one, Shulgin also mentions things like 4-MeS-DMT and 4-MeS-MiPT. But we already know that the 4-MeO-Tryptamines are a dead end. Replacing with Sulfur will probably not do too much (although I could be dead wrong as 2,4,5-TMPEA is inactive while 2C-T is quite active.)

But either way, I am curious if anyone knows of any work with 4-thio-DMT? I am positive that no human trials exist, but I was looking for any animal data.

thio%20analogues.JPG

I have thought invented 4-SH-DMT but have then imagined it to be very smelly (and possibly very toxic) but otherwise most likely a similar experience to shrooms, less exciting and erratic perhaps, but with more intricate hallucinations.

I made a quich scifinder research and there's only one reference for this molecule:

3-(2-Dimethylaminoethyl)-4-mercaptoindole. Hofmann, Albert; Troxler, Franz. (Sandoz Ltd.). Patentschrift (Switz.) (1967), 2 pp. CODEN: SWXXAS CH 421960 19670415 Patent written in German. Application: CH 19611020. CAN 68:95680 AN 1968:95680 CAPLUS

Patent Family Information

Patent No. Kind Date Application No. Date
CH 421960 19670415 CH 19611020

Abstract

The title compd. (I) was prepd. by treating 3-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)-4-benzylthioindole (II) with Na in liq. NH3. Thus, about 2.7 g. Na was added at a temp. between -30° and -40° to a stirred suspension of 2.96 g. II in 300 cc. liq. NH3, the NH3 evapd. at room temp., and the residue dissolved in 100 cc. water and extd. with CHCl3. The aq. phase was filtered on talc, and its pH was brought to 8-10 by adding 2N HCl to give I m. 218-19° (MeOH) I has a central nervous system stimulating activity.

For 4-MeO- compounds there are much more references

WELL!

hehe... Good Job MGS ;) tryptamines and.. and.. something with a DMT in it, sounds good to me (*-DMT) if it were available somewhere i'd eat it

I would be very interested in any human info, or any other info that comes up. I spent over an hour last night searching for more info on this one, but came up blank. Searching the iupac name, the short name, and by Thiopsilocin had no hits on any of my regular research sources. It has no cas # does it??

^^ LOL -

well.. hehe.. DMT is an exception :)

Actually the things i would notice on DMT that are typically not written about on forums, like its incredible SEXUAL effects.. fluidity of vision - (more like DMT, depending on the amount, decreases some visual resources so the rest of the brain can act faster - the eyes can focus from near to far *a lot faster*, thinking ability is much faster, i believe it may be increased during some fight/flight responses etc..)

DOC -- this one, did the reverse.. INCREASED visual clarity on the comedown (not all the time, and i'm definitely not the only one thats experienced this on DOC) but as a result, the 'framerate' dropped, sometimes to where vision was only updated about every 1/2 second. I've *NEVER*.. seen with such CLARITY.. imagine upgrading your vision to high definiton, AMAZING.. *beautiful*.. for.. watching things BUT... not good for driving a car (heh..) or any activity requiring fast action.

I'm suprised i haven't seen any TR's for DOC mentioning this - i almost 'got into it' but didnt, a girl i know went into a "DOC hole", where literally her vision got so clear, and if you stare long enough and mentally go into this.."thingie", the frame.. STOPS but the body can still move around.. she was walking around the house, and the steps up to the bathroom her brain would 'fill them in', like lego blocks - from memory alone (she knew this). Uh.. but she went to the bathroom and (uh oh!) the music stopped (could still hear sound), and she "forgot where she came from" - then becoming a ghost and all that stuff,

anyway.. anything with a *DMT in it seems to do the fluidity thing, but in different ways. suprised nobody ever writes about this in TR's, 5-MeO-DMT, DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, mushrooms, etc.. all other tryptamines.. don't for me. DOC was quite a suprise (these vision effects would happen on the comedown, almost like the 'tripping' totally stopped.. slow thinking.. etc).

I think you need something with an ability to form hydrogen bonds on the 4 position and sulphur isn't the greatest atom when it comes to that (that's why water, with a molecular weight half that of hydrigen sulphide is a liquid at room temp whereas H2S is a gas). A nitrogen atom would be a better prospect IMO

Amino.And why not an acid?I would think the hydrogenbondforming will make it better permeate BBB.

In my estimation, your time would be better spent with 4-Cl-DMT.

Regardless of the effects, the preparation of the compound is pretty easy. I'm surprised Shulgin never tried this one. Even if it's half as active as psilocin, it's still probably very potent.

I have thought invented 4-SH-DMT but have then imagined it to be very smelly (and possibly very toxic) but otherwise most likely a similar experience to shrooms, less exciting and erratic perhaps, but with more intricate hallucinations.

why do u think this

I think i is probably too big and not electronegative enough/not capable of H-Bonding like F&B said. That OH has to be there to bond to the protein

Yeah, but nothing at all binds well. DMT isn't exactly a louch in the potency department.

Hugo said:
Amino.And why not an acid?I would think the hydrogenbondforming will make it better permeate BBB.

Not Amino because it's dangerous- aromatic amine groups are closely associated with hepatotoxicity.

You're probably right on the amino,its more a scientific play.

The hydrogen bonding may not be nearly as important as its effect on the compound's metabolism. Clearly DMT is munched up quickly, but yet the indolol makes it past the liver and to the brain without very much difficulty.

DMT with an MAO-I is fairly potent.

The hydrogen bonding may not be nearly as important as its effect on the compound's metabolism. Clearly DMT is munched up quickly, but yet the indolol makes it past the liver and to the brain without very much difficulty.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I was speaking more of its ability to get inside the protein and provide the correct conformation.

Hmm it would be neat if 4-thio-DMT would be able to get past MAO but have effects in the brain more like DMT than 4-ho-dmt :)