• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your favorite psychedelic, and why (Part 2)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• LSD

Votes: 173 38.3%
  • Psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 101 22.3%
  • Mescaline cacti

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • DMT/Ayahuasca

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • Hawaiian Baby Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • MDMA (or MDA)

Votes: 44 9.7%
  • DOC (or one of the other DOx's)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-B

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-E

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 2C-T-x

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Some other lesser-known molecule

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many here after mescaline. Doesn't need to be mescaline containing cacti, rarity of course, pure mescaline I mean.

morninggloryseed said:
I think this is true of any dissociative. Well, at least with DXM, ketamine, PCP, and maybe a few of PCP's analogues. But out of curiosity, have you tried a full "k-hole" dose taken by an IM-jection? I just wonder if you have taken ketamine...what makes you prefer DXM? I seem to read of few who have tried both (specifically the ketamine by IM injection as it doesn't work right the other way) and still prefer the DXM.

The thing that really keeps me from ever trying it is the length of commitment that must be made. One of the mind-blowing things about an IM in jection of ketamine is that the peak lasts generally for less than an hour. But the state itself is timeless. Subjectively at a full dose, there is no 'ego' left to keep track of time...much less even be aware of it.

With DXM, it is a long commitment that mostly keeps me away; just due to the sheer nature of the dissociative experience...one hour is plenty for me. And with ketamine, there is little residual effects. You are wobbly for maybe another hour, but after that it is all gone. Very 'clean' substance.

Either way though, I am glad DXM is your ally.

Never done ketamine by injection -- I have a thing about needles. Just a general sense of weirdness about them, probably steming from the fact that humans weren't meant to receive any foreign substance by way of injection. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

I choose DXM, honestly, over ketamine because DXM is more readily available. I've never had much of a chance to get accustomed to ketamine, because I've only had little bits of it here and there, mostly at rave parties. If I had better access to it I'd probably be able to explore it further.

But, even now, I haven't tripped on DXM in over a year. Same with mushrooms, or any psychedelic. I'm in a weird phase in my life where I've decided that I've learned all I can from psychedelics for now and I need an extended break. My last experience was with LSD and MDA, and it was fantastic at times, but also very painful. It brought up a lot of memories and emotions that I wasn't prepared to deal with, and I don't think I was in the right environment for that sort of mental confrontation. I'm content lately with less "complex" and mental-heavy psychedelics like MDMA and MDA (by itself).

^^^i hate to say it...but you are badly missing out on the greatest psychadellic expieriance out there (IM ketamine)...

oh...humans were never meant to fly either...ever been on a plane?

I think I'd say acid. I mean I love MDMA, but I abused it too much so now I'm on a three month break, and then I'll wait three months every time. So it's kinda a toss up, but at my current standing I'll go with acid

Trogdor said:
Ok so... I think not enough people have done mescaline, because there should be way more votes up there than mine and another guy's for it.

My favorite drug by far, period, is mescaline.

staypuft said:
^^^i hate to say it...but you are badly missing out on the greatest psychadellic expieriance out there (IM ketamine)...

oh...humans were never meant to fly either...ever been on a plane?

Just something I can't shake! It doesn't matter much to me, though. I can have suitably amazing experiences via other administration routes just fine. Injecting just isn't my thing.

In my limited, but thoroughly enjoyed (!) experience with psychedelics, LSD has been by far my favourite.
Had in tab and microdot forms, all trips have been very very impressive.
Ketamine was weird and scary at first, not bearable enough of a come-up to warrant the fun latter part of the trip.
Mushrooms were almost as good as LSD but not quite.

Unfortunately, due to my location (Sydney, Aus) we do not have easy access to such things as pure MDMA (the ecstacy tablets I have access to have minimal amounts of actual MDMA in them so they don't count), mescal, DMT and things of the like, so I have a fairly limited opinion on psychedelics.

P.S. If someone is to prove me wrong on the abovementioned difficulty of locating such substances in Sydney, PLEASE let me know!!

Last edited:
My "favorite" experiences have been mixtures of drugs. Also, the word favorite doesn't make much sense to me and I find it impossible to choose one thing.

Dang nobody seems to like HBWR/MGS... as their favorite, anyway.

Mushrooms because I have a lot of experience, and I have never done LSD.

Mushrooms, DXM and ketamine in no particular order. Although if someone told me I could use only one of those from now on, I would pick mushrooms, just because they're readily available, are not bad for my body/brain and because it's easier to take mushrooms and act like a normal person, even when you're tripping hard. Tripping hard on DXM or K means that I can't walk or talk properly anymore, and I sometimes like going outside and just tripping while being able to talk to strangers without them getting worried about me or whatever.

Picking a favorite is hard for me, it was kind of hard just selecting these things right here. I chose them because they're awesome every time I take them, they have the potential to be "just for fun" as well as to provide me with a trip that gives me something to think about. And I know some people are going to trashtalk DXM, maybe the effect is just different on me, I have real trips, not just some spaced out weird feeling. I don't get sick on it and I don't feel like crap the day after.

Xorkoth said:
DOC - This chemical is really beautiful, extremely gentle, and has a really interesting link to the subconscious and ancient, primordial human roots, straight back to our long, long ago reptilian past
Sounds interesting.

Yep, current evidence suggests that in the time of the dinosaurs, one line of those large reptiles slowly evolved into the first mammals, from which we obviously evolved. If I had my dinosaur book handy I'd list the names of the species in which the transition took place.

ichthyostega.jpg

Was it this guy? Ichthyostega? I am really curious, I used to know but forgot what it was.

Edit- What was the name of the book?

I love mdma. Makes me feel like something special. I never have had any visuals from it though, and it always leaves me feeling like i want to die when i come down.Usually leaves me feeling like shit 2 days after too.LSD is my favorite of those listed. I didn't see Salvia up there though or DXM. DMT but not Salvia, the two are very similar sometimes. Salvia my new fav:)
Church said:
This will come as a shocker to many of you, because most people who know me would think I would say LSD, but in actuality, it would have to be...

MDMA! It's the most magical of all of them, where I hardly even feel (mentally, that is) that I'm in an altered-state, which means that all the revelations and epiphanies I have REALLY sink in and stick. It's always been treated by me as being one of the holy grails of therapeutic psychedelics, and it's pretty much the only way I've ever used it (save for a coupla times I took it at raves/clubs). In fact, this is probably the one drug I've done the least amount of times, because it's just so powerful to me when I do.

Alright, guys, this is the thread where we get to compare which psychedelics we like, and which we don't, and why "my drug is better than yours."

Thank you drive through.

Those that trashtalk DXM have never really experienced it. The only experience i've had that compares to a 4th plateau trip on dex is a level 5 trip on salvia. Not even my best acid trip comes close to 4th plateau... DXM is amazing and it is also at the top of the list for my favs. Its become a big part of my life.Glad to hear someone else with so much respect for it.
GrOwThSpUrT said:
Mushrooms, DXM and ketamine in no particular order. Although if someone told me I could use only one of those from now on, I would pick mushrooms, just because they're readily available, are not bad for my body/brain and because it's easier to take mushrooms and act like a normal person, even when you're tripping hard. Tripping hard on DXM or K means that I can't walk or talk properly anymore, and I sometimes like going outside and just tripping while being able to talk to strangers without them getting worried about me or whatever.

Picking a favorite is hard for me, it was kind of hard just selecting these things right here. I chose them because they're awesome every time I take them, they have the potential to be "just for fun" as well as to provide me with a trip that gives me something to think about. And I know some people are going to trashtalk DXM, maybe the effect is just different on me, I have real trips, not just some spaced out weird feeling. I don't get sick on it and I don't feel like crap the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.