• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Poppy seed tea

ebola?

Bluelight Crew
Hi.
I know this topic is not very "advanced", but I have not been met with satisfactory information in other drugs. Two questions about water extraction of the relevant alkaloids from the poppy seed exterior.

1. I have found that the poppy seed tea makes me far more nauseas than pharmacutical opiods (oxycodone or hydrocodone) at similar levels of intoxication. Now this could be because my body just happens to not tolerate morphine very well, or it could be because of some sort of nastiness in the seeds (poppy oil, etc.). I've never had the opportunity to try pharmacutical grade morphine, so I don't have a good direct comparison. Does anyone have some information on this issue? Anyone know if there is anything in the seeds that could prove unhealthy or even toxic if ingested in large quantities? The nausea, for me, hits on the comedown, which leads me to believe that morphine just doesn't jibe with me.

2. There are various extraction methods around. I'm wondering what sort of method would get a good alkaloidal yeild while omitting as much of those poppy oils in the final product as possible. Relevant variables include heat, time soaking, acidity, number of washes, etc.

ebola

Using water would not extract any OILS, oils are of course, insoluable in water, so soaking the poppy seeds will only extract/wash out water soluable compounds, there are a fair number of other alkaloids in pod/seed tea, some of which are unpleasant, although only present in small quantities.

Too much of any opiod for me, makes me vomit, but only the day after, I took around 500mg or so of dihydrocodeine the other day, yakked up a cookie I just ate two days later after I had come down, but I didn't feel at all nauseous WHILE I was high, only after I came down.

Perhaps it is the same with you.

>>Perhaps it is the same with you.>>

Well, like I said, I don't get nauseas with hydrocodone or oxycodone at similar levels of intoxication. I should mention that I've also always done the previous extraction with somewhat acidic (lemon juice added) hot water (not boiling).

ebola

Have you ever tried Morphine on its own? that should shed some light on the nausea issue. Granted, the oils do contribute to the nausea.

However, I did find that as long as you don't crack the seeds open, you will have very little oil in the tea.

I found that in extracting alkaloids, be it from seeds or pod, a slightly acidic solution with some ethanol is prefered (so beer is excellent). LOTS of shaking and/or stirring as well. No heating required, but a gentle boil shouldn't hurt.

Another way of circumventing negative side effects and at the same time getting the most of the tea is by boiling it down to a manageable volume and taking that rectally.

ebola? said:
Hi.
I know this topic is not very "advanced", but I have not been met with satisfactory information in other drugs. Two questions about water extraction of the relevant alkaloids from the poppy seed exterior.

1. I have found that the poppy seed tea makes me far more nauseas than pharmacutical opiods (oxycodone or hydrocodone) at similar levels of intoxication. Now this could be because my body just happens to not tolerate morphine very well, or it could be because of some sort of nastiness in the seeds (poppy oil, etc.). I've never had the opportunity to try pharmacutical grade morphine, so I don't have a good direct comparison. Does anyone have some information on this issue? Anyone know if there is anything in the seeds that could prove unhealthy or even toxic if ingested in large quantities? The nausea, for me, hits on the comedown, which leads me to believe that morphine just doesn't jibe with me.

2. There are various extraction methods around. I'm wondering what sort of method would get a good alkaloidal yeild while omitting as much of those poppy oils in the final product as possible. Relevant variables include heat, time soaking, acidity, number of washes, etc.

ebola

i have exactly the same problem. Poppy tea gives me flushed face, head ache, and bad nausea. I get NONE of these systems on low to medium doses of 'clean opiates' (codiene, methadone, smoking good herion).

I have read it is because poppies seeds contain thebaine, which chemically is similar to morphine, but has a lot of side effects like flushed face, head aches, nausea, and it is a stimulant i have just read somewhere.

the tasmanian farmers (where most of the poppy seeds come from i guess) try to grow strains that are high in thebaine because you can make expensive drugs from it like bupenorphrine, oxycodiene, ect.

That is what i have read, dont know if it is true or not.

>>Have you ever tried Morphine on its own? >>

I'm sorry my post was so long. :) I stated that I have not.

>>I found that in extracting alkaloids, be it from seeds or pod, a slightly acidic solution with some ethanol is prefered (so beer is excellent). LOTS of shaking and/or stirring as well. No heating required, but a gentle boil shouldn't hurt. >>

beer...interesting. I'm guessing the resulting brew would taste like shit...so I can just go with cheap lager then, right?

>>Another way of circumventing negative side effects and at the same time getting the most of the tea is by boiling it down to a manageable volume and taking that rectally.>>

Is this possible with seed tea as opposed to the pod tea? Would I want to worry about bacterial infection?

>>I have read it is because poppies seeds contain thebaine, which chemically is similar to morphine, but has a lot of side effects like flushed face, head aches, nausea, and it is a stimulant i have just read somewhere.>>

This is a good point...hmmm...
Although, once again, I get these effects when concentrations of thebaine should be falling. puzzling.

ebola

You don't need acid to extract the full amount of morphine, so HPLC tells me. And it's all off after a couple of minutes in boiling water.

Nah, I apologize if I was too quick in reading your post.

I doubt there is much to worry about in terms of bacterial infection, given that the seeds were dry before you used them. The colon wall is rather protective. Also, boiling it down will certainly give it enough time in heat to kill off any bacteria. Just keep the temperature below 80 degrees C - the small portion of codeine might degrade, but the morphine will stay intact.

Re: your strange reaction - Dr. Beat is right, seeds seem to have a higher concentration of Thebaine than pods or raw opium. In fact, this is a way in which one can test further to verify if a positive was obtained due to opiate or due to poppy seed pastery consumption. However, thebaine or not, opium contains many different chemicals, and you might happen be allergic to one of them...