• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

driving while rollin

mdmactivist

Bluelighter
k, what are your opinions about driving, i know most of you will say it's a bad idea, but i'm lookin for opinions backed by experience, thanks

i dirve ok when im rolling, i know its dumb but alotta time i take my pill when i get in the car, so by the time i get there im rollin pretty hard

I think the idea is incredibly stupid, cos I know 'I' wouldnt be able to do it safefully... but to be fair, I dont have a problem driving stoned, so I guess its hard to judge.

ive driven a couple blocks rolling and i didnt like doing it . i plan on not doing it again because i just cant concentrate on everything. i was kinda zoning out on the road and just thinking .

Last edited:
I had to do it once to drive home a friend that got too drunk at the club and it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life. When I'm put in an atmosphere that is unconducive to rolling I lose the roll, however, I become extremely "uncomfortable/figgity/over alert" for a lack of a more detailed description. Although I can honestly say it doesn't impair me to the point alcohol does, you are still in no way in the best state of mind to drive and you sacrifice attention span for the added alertness. I don't like the idea of anyone driving on any substance that alters your physical abilities. After that experience, I always make it a point to neither put myself in a position that requires driving when I'm going out to roll nor get into a car with an impaired driver. It's a 100% preventable situation.

Last edited:
don't ever do it. it doesn't matter if you kill yourself because you were the one that choose mdma and driving and I think you would deserve what you got. if you crashed...it's the other people that could be involved in the accident that’s so unfair…

think about it…you could KILL someone just because you wanted to drive and be high.

I've done it and I'd never willingly do it again. I've also driven while on acid. Driving on any substance is one of the dumbest and most selfish things a person can ever do.

That roll isn't going to feel so nice after you slam into a car carrying a woman and her children home from the store, killing them all.

In Houston a while back a woman was driving home from the club and was still rolling and she hit a guy that was out walking. He got stuck in her windshield and she drove home without ever acknowledging him being there. She parked in her garage, went inside, and went to bed. She didn't get him any medical help. He was found dead later on. Not only that, but the coroner found that the guy would have survived had she only gotten him medical care. Drugs fuck with your mind and NO ONE is in any position to get behind the wheel of a vehicle while on them.

- Jeebes

Wow. She must've had some damn good pills...

To not notice someone EMBEDDED IN YOUR WINDSCREEN!

the first time i drove while rolling, i pulled back into my friends driveway and tried to get out to tell them about it and soon as i tried to step out i blew up so hard and nearly fell over. for the next few minutes i was just floored and didnt know what was going on.

I did it but only after about 4-5 hours after taking pill, while i'm in full control i still belive you have to be carefull more than usually since if you listen to some music too it can make you drive faster than usually and that sort of thing

I know what you are saying...still i do a good research when choosing pills and take only 1 or 2, and after 4-5 hours if it was a clean roll i can drive...but that's me, and i always have somebody with me to check my condition

i never drove a car when i was drunk and would not recommend it, i once drove while stoned (weed) since it was the first time i got high on weed, but after that i never drove a car when stoned, similar if not worse than alcohol

Deformed_Neuron said:
Yea... so what happens if your pill just so happens to contain a hefty dose of... something along the lines of DXM or Ketamine? You're behind the wheel and you're not even sure what this pills gonna do to you... then you wake up 2 days later out of a coma, finding out you just killed an innocent pedestrian, because you were in a "K-hole"?

That's just one example of what could happen.

Another is this:- You can't honestly sit there and tell me that you have never, ever seen anyone have a bad reaction from dropping what they thought to be ecstacy. Even if it does contain nothing but MDMA in it... even MDMA alone can be the culprit of dizzy-spells, or head-spins, etc...

4-5 hours isn't enough to wait until it's out of your system, it takes alot more longer to recover completely, you could still be under the influence of the MDxx and not even realise it. You also have to admit that it's really just not a good idea to drive when you're coming down from MDMA or Alcohol.

I used to drink and drive when I was younger. Thankfully an accident involving me drinking, smoking weed and driving opened my eyes. I learned a lesson from this mistake and that was: "Life is just too precious". Trust me, you realise it when you see your life flash right before your eyes.

Ohhh, yeah... and the insurance company did not pass the claim. I was pretty angry for a 20 year old student.

How bout testing your pills?

Is it safe to drive under the influence of anything, probably not in good judgement, do people do it all the time, yes, it depends on the person themselves, no one can tell another person they are able to drive, it is a feeling within ones innerself.

da sense, I would be to differ on your association of alky and weed. I can drive stoned and always do

Well, if you decide not to drive, at least have someone drive you around when you're rolling. At night, seeing all the streetlights and signs is really cool. I love riding around when I'm fucked up.

When I first began doing ecstasy that's all we would do is drive. Bumpy roads just make the roll much more fun! However, as I started dropping pills every weekend I would get more and more paranoid while driving-especially if my eyes were shaking and a lot of the times I couldn't keep my hands still on the wheel and they were constantly moving a little back and forth. It pretty much depends on your reaction when you do E, if you can stay cool you can probably drive (if you're a good driver in the first place).

I agree with Deformed_Neuron. This thread has way too many juvenile replies suggesting that people drive while under the influence. Clearly this is not in the spirit of harm reduction.

I recommend this thread be closed.

- Jeebes

not to defend driving under the influence, but mdma in reasonable amounts (>120mgs.?) is supposed to cause enhanced perceptions, no? While driving on a huge dose is probably not the best idea, perhaps this question deserves further investigation. I think it is reasonable that a dose responsive level of intoxication would be similar to the driving abilities of people on alcohol.
as far as my own experience goes- while ive never wanted to drive on it, there have been times I had no choice. sober passengers have noticed increased driving abilities, some of which were not aware i was rolling. may be one of those things that vary from person to person, but it seems like weed is worse on my driving...
Whoever said that DUI is selfish is absolutely right. I feel terrible for having done it, and do not condone it.

Personally, I have no problem driving if the pill I have is indeed MDMA. I experience no lack of coordination or confusion, and never get visuals on MDMA. Sober people riding with me have even said I was driving better, but I doubt that a bit.

However, drugs can affect people in different ways. A good rule of thumb is don't drive if other people can tell you're fucked up. I've always been able to tell myself when I'm too intoxicated to drive, but I know some people can't, and having an objective 3rd party source is good.