View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be a lot easier if you'll do it with a dmt-pipe or crack pipe. But that's my opinion. I don't know what your experiences are with smoking dmt/5meodmt with a dmt pipe, crack pipe, lightbulbs, tinfoil. So I won't write any conclusions obout this subject in this post. But I do know that the best way to smoke DMT is the 'non-touching' route. And if you learned useing the tinfoil, that's fine if it works ok for you.

DMT: the ultimate drug?

from what i hear, DMT is as safe as cannabis... and it gives INCREDIBLE trips.. so what i'm wondering is..whats the downside? and is it at all similiar to Acid, mushrooms, E... ect...

(i just want to get a general idea, based on the drugs i've done)

mike32110 said:
like i see all these complex names of things that you can extract DMT from, but do any of these grow naturally?

well shucks, you didn't know those plants were synthesized by little aliens now did you..? ;)

there are several plants and trees that contain dmt, to extract it, is not a simple task. it will probably go wrong your first few times if you aren't an expert in chemistry. do a google search or something or buy a book about dmt containing plants, you'll find plenty of info on where they grow naturally, most of them in rainforests, but there's also phalaris arundinacea grass and several acacia trees that also contain these alkaloids wich grow in many places around the world.

btw, read some more on dmt, it's definitely not as safe as cannabis is, not for the n00bs.. :\

Blowmonkey said:
btw, read some more on dmt, it's definitely not as safe as cannabis is, not for the n00bs.. :\

I totally agree with blowmonkey on this one. There is no possibility to relate cannabis to DMT. They're both obviously not comparable.

And you can better ask yourself where you can't find DMT then were you will find it. DMT exists everywhere: in your brain,in animals and in a LOT of plants (it exists almost in every plant, also in mushrooms)

or you can buy the book: ''plants of the gods'' from Richard Evans Schultes, Albert Hofmann and Christian Ratsch. They have written a lot about ayahuasca and the book contains an 'ayahuasca ingredients' 'chapter' and an ayahuasca analogs: 'plants that contain DMT'.

Another good book is 'Ayahuasca'. I don't know the name of writer.

Mimosa Hostilis root bark extraction, I've heard it's got comparatively high yields and is easy to preform.
Once done whats a good dose to start with? Maybe 40-50mg? And is it hard to let go and let the DMT trip take over? The first few times with 5-meo-dmt time seemed to slow down to such a point that my normal breathes seemed way to far apart. Is this something I'll have to worry about with DMT or is the experience disassociative in that respect?
I guess I shouldn't be comparing the two for from what I've heard they can be very very different.
Also, I was wondering if a normal pipe fitted with a fine screen would be suitable for smoking DMT. I've only had experience with 5-meo-dmt in the past and for that a lightbulb rig was quite suitable. Any help or info you can give would be appreciated.

Well I tried dmt again, through a home made lightbulb device. We used it by burning the stuff until the bulb was full of thick dmt vapour, inhaling, then while holding it in we were cooking it again so that when we breathed out the dmt there was another full thicklly filled bulb ready, the process is very quick if you do it right, after the first burn the DMT is already hot so it fills up again very quickly. You don't need to slowly inhale or anything, you get the whole hit in one quick go, but its real gross and harsh on the lungs like this, it can be a struggle not to cough, but it's certainly not impossible, I didn't cough.

I didn't breakthrough again but this time it was by choice, I knew that if I inhaled the bulb again i would break through.
I looked down at my hand, about to smoke another full chamber which had been readied within seconds of the last inhalation, I realised I was hesitating and that it was now or never (well not for this ride), it was charging up and that last bulb would have completed the process. The world was as if it was electrically charged, and it was building to a climax. I knew this, though I don't know how or why. I just did. I didn't inhale though.

Geometrical lines were on absolutely everything around me they were cracks, like the world was cracked in a very special way.
Hyperfast dots ran along these fractuated slits, and as it built up they started whispering to me, crawling all over me because I was just as cracked as everthing else, yet they talked too fast and high pitched for me to understand, at least it seemed that way.

My hand started to break apart, fractured pieces of the world were beginning to do the same, it seemed to last so long but it slowed there. The things running across me were on the other side, trying to talk to me, excited that I was about to let the wall of my fractured space-time completely shatter and meet them in their world. I didn't see the other side though, and I'm glad I didn't because I think the fact that I hesitated was a good enough reason to have done it in itself. (If that makes any sense)

I think I had to completely disintegrate along with the universe to visit the dmt-space, If I still had a body, even a fractured one that had started to come apart, I would not be able to exist in the other realm. I didn't actually think this, I knew it. It makes perfect sense to me given the experience.

I did however remain in this state for some time, it felt like hours, looking at a partially decomposing universe, completely awestruck. I knew I hadn't broken through because I somehow knew in my heart that I had to shatter completely apart yet it had slowed, but that didn't matter at the time because what I was experiencing was so dumbfoundedly amazing anyway. It was much more intense than my first failed attempt at a breakthrough, which was also incredibly amazing.

But that was beautiful amazing, this time it was too strange to be beautiful in any normal sense, it was just so damned weird, much more intense, and I understood something about it inside of me.
It's really in a different league to the traditional psychedelics, even on this sub-breakthrough dose it was more profound than can be imagined by one who hasn't been there.

What strikes me as strange was the fact that I had some sort of contact with entities, they were buzzing around the cracks and trying to talk to me. I've never heard of entity contact on what I know in my heart to be a sub breakthrough dose, albeit about as far as you can possibly go without completely breaking through. Yet they were there, waiting for me, exited over me, and all over me.

I don't know why I had hesitated, I think it was a combination of the fact that what had so quickly started going on was so intense, and the fact that I was functioning on little sleep, and probably a healthy dose of fear.

I know that this method is a definite for breaking through as long as you have a good technique.
I know I could have broken through, even if I hadn't known this, I could have done it all even faster.
It comes on very quickly though.
If you have trouble, you could even make a couple of bulbs and fill them all at once so you can do as much as you want to, insanely quickly. I'd reccommend this if you aren't experienced with using them.

I'm still amazed over that experience, it hasn't left my mind all day. I will use the substance again, likely sometime soon providing nothing stressful pops up in my life before I have the chance to gather my thoughts. That was an ordeal. An amazing ordeal.
I am completely confident in being able to break through next time, which I think contributed to the anxiety or whatever it was that made me hesitate.
The idea of going further than what I have already seen is too full on for me to put into words, as what I have already experienced defies my imagination.
But I want to know what lies behind those damned cracks when all the pieces fall away, and I plan to find out. ;)

Last edited:
If during the second or third extraction phase from mimosa hostilis root bark the middle layer(which usually appears a dark red) is changed in color slightly to a deep brick red after heating could this mean a loss in DMT if a temp too high was reached during the heating? And if so would this cause any problems with purity of the remaining DMT at the end of the process?

US like north dakota or US like gulf coast texas?
Desmanthus illinoiensis or D. leptolobus ought to work...
harvest the roots 3rd or 4th year...

diet and SSRI

I've been weeding through this thread and I'm probably not reading close enough but is it nessesary to pre-diet with DMT as with Yage? would a low dose SSRI cause a hypertensive crisis in conjuntion with DMT?

Monkey

I did a fast before my first DMT experience. Definetly recommended. Any food in the stomach really adds a heaviness and unpleasentness to the experience. Plus after a DMT experience you really work up an apetite. ;)

Good luck and stay safe peeps. :)

i finally tried it last week.
over a few days, 13 persons tried it and i think everyone either burpped hard or had vomit spasms.
so, to really diet i don't know, but not to eat for 2-3 hours before is probably better

I really wonder if dopamine has a lot to do with how DMT works besides serotonin..

I noticed that taking GHB almost completely blocks the effects (if dose high enough) of DMT, besides some minor things (probably serotonin agonist related) like trails or colors. GHB usually doesn't block the effects quite like this with most other psychedelics..

Also the fluid movement/consciousness and extreme ease in coordinated movements (dancing, multitasking, catching objects thrown at you, very calm feeling) would seem to 'support' extra dopamine floating around somewhere. GHB blocks DA release (not sure exactly where) until it is worn off/wearing off.

I think DMT, psilocin/cybin, and 5-MeO-DMT all have this dopamine thing in common. After smoking some 5meo, I can also dance like crazy. On mushrooms I have a fluidness and things even look similar on the surface as a lowish dose of DMT (i've taken it mostly orally w/maoi). I always wondered why these natural psychedelics always felt to me "better" than any of the synthetics (no matter what it is, or how close to mushrooms, like 4-ho-det/4-ho-mipt). The fluidness just isn't there with any of the shulgin tryptamines. Also I have only heard "voices" on mushrooms or DMT, almost want to say like a skitzophrenic type thing.. hearing a voice, clearly, especially out of white noise.

The 'fluid' thing on either of the three -DMT's is similar to MDMA also (including the very coordinated movements, dancing ability, etc.). Just thinking here.. (i just love to know, WHY this and that! hehe)
------
Edit - found some stuff about this DA release:
(from http://www.humboldt.edu/~morgan/psil_s04.htm

Another serotonin receptor, 5HT1A, has also been shown
to interact with psilocybin. It appears that when both the
5HT1A and 5HT2A receptors are stimulated it "increases
striatal dopamine release."(Vollenweider, 1999) Although
more evidence is needed, it seems that psilocybin, as a
5HT1A and 5HT2A agonist, raises the level of dopamine being
released "which may contribute to the psychotomimetic
effects." (Vollenweider, 1999) Addition support for this
mechanism of action comes from a study that found that
haloperidol, a dopamine receptor inhibitor, reduced
"psilocybin induced depersonalization, derealisation and
euphoria." (Vollenweider, 1998 as cited in Vollenweider,
1999)

And from http://www.biopsychiatry.com/psilocybin.htm:

Psilocybin is a potent indoleamine hallucinogen and a mixed 5-HT2A and 5-HT1A receptor agonist. Psilocybin administration (0.25 mg/kg p.o.) produced changes in mood, disturbances in thinking, illusions, elementary and complex visual hallucinations and impaired ego-functioning. Psilocybin significantly decreased [11C]raclopride receptor binding potential (BP) bilaterally in the caudate nucleus (19%) and putamen (20%) consistent with an increase in endogenous dopamine. Changes in [11C]raclopride BP in the ventral striatum correlated with depersonalization associated with euphoria. Together with previous reports of 5-HT receptor involvement in striatal dopamine release, it is concluded that stimulation of both 5-HT2A and 5-HT1A receptors may be important for the modulation of striatal dopamine release in acute psychoses.

Then DMT from http://www.biopsychiatry.com/dmt.htm

To assess the role of the 5-HT1A site in mediating DMT's effects, a pindolol pre-treatment study was performed. Pindolol significantly increased psychological responses to DMT, suggesting a buffering effect of 5-HT1A agonism on 5-HT2-mediated psychedelic effects.

Then this site just has a shiiitload of studies on all sorts of stuff, mostly on 5-meo-dmt but also some involving DMT:
http://www.tacethno.com/info/5meodmt/5meoabst.txt

Yeah i'm being a nerd here, i get the biggest hard on reading about this stuff, hehe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.