PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteveElektro said:
I tried smoking DMT this weekend.
I had about 80mg, I had read in numerous places that this dose was sufficient to breakthrough, but unfortunately, I didn't reach that level.

As others have pointed out, 80 mg should have been MORE than suffucient for a full breakthrough. I know there are hard heads, but I still think 80 mg should have done more. What you got sounds like what I got from 20 mg.

As others have pointed out, either the purity of this DMT is not good or your smoking techniques are not good. You mentioned you took several hits. DMT needs to be taken one hit (very hard to do, but it must be done), which you need to hold in as long as you can...hold it in until there is nothing left of the world as you know it.

30 to 60 mg should be sufficient for a full breakthrough with most folks.

I wish I had access to pure pharmie quality DMT fumurate or some other salt of it for injection. I hate smoking it. I'd rather inject the stuff, avoid the terrible smoke, and know exactly how much got in me.

You know, it isn't terribly difficult to convert a freebase back to a salt. If you recrystallize it well, there shouldn't be any problem converting it into a salt and injecting it. I've been toying with the idea for a while now, only I'm a lazy fuck and I don't know anybody that knows how to IV something (lord knows I dont).

As for converting it to a salt, I *think* the method you use is the opposite of basification. Dissolved the material in your clean, nonpolar solvent and add water/hcl acid solution with a ph of 1 (or 2, I suppose). I'm guessing this would work, but I've never tried it...so ask a real chemist before trying it.

Acidfiend said:
As for converting it to a salt, I *think* the method you use is the opposite of basification. Dissolved the material in your clean, nonpolar solvent and add water/hcl acid solution with a ph of 1 (or 2, I suppose). I'm guessing this would work, but I've never tried it...so ask a real chemist before trying it.

You would then need to raise the solution's PH back up to at least 6. I'd be scared to do this myself and then put it in my veins. But maybe one day the gods will bless me with some well made DMT salt.

morninggloryseed said:
As others have pointed out, 80 mg should have been MORE than suffucient for a full breakthrough. I know there are hard heads, but I still think 80 mg should have done more. What you got sounds like what I got from 20 mg.

As others have pointed out, either the purity of this DMT is not good or your smoking techniques are not good. You mentioned you took several hits. DMT needs to be taken one hit (very hard to do, but it must be done), which you need to hold in as long as you can...hold it in until there is nothing left of the world as you know it.

30 to 60 mg should be sufficient for a full breakthrough with most folks.

I wish I had access to pure pharmie quality DMT fumurate or some other salt of it for injection. I hate smoking it. I'd rather inject the stuff, avoid the terrible smoke, and know exactly how much got in me.

see the thing is, you gotta vaporize and inhale as much of the DMT as quickly as possible, or else smoking even 200mg won't give you a breakthrough if you're taking little p*ssy hits.

DMT is metabolized by MAO very, very quickly.

SteveElektro,were you using acacia maidenii extract??That seems to be the most common plant used in Aus for extraction(actually it's the only thing i've seen used)Anyway my point was,if you are using A.maidenii extract you have to take into account the fact that your DMT is about 30% Methyltryptamine,80 mg is still more than enough for me to breakthrough,but like MGS said it has to be done in one toke.I hope it works for you next time,it'sone of the few psychedelics that hasn't dissapointed me.....words don't do DMT justice.

I wouldn't mind getting an injectable salt, but I certainly don't trust my skills to convert it to something safe enough to administer this way.
If 30-60 is enough for a breakthrough, and what I had is around 20mg as MGS suggested, it shouldn't be too hard to brush up on my smoking technique to achieve a breakthrough. I've had it suggested to me by someone that has broke through before to use a lightbulb, that way I can get the bulb full of smoke before I inhale.
I'll make sure I up the dose a little too, to account for impurities.

I red a lot about DMT. I'm familiar with DPT (my thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?threadid=109203&goto=newpost), 5meoDMT, psylocibin/psylocin, salvia (I had a couple 'out of body' experiences) and other tryptamines/drugs (I don't like the word 'drugs', but now everyone knows what I mean). I mentioned this type of drugs, because I think these compounds are the most related to DMT. In chemical structure and effects.

I never tried DMT, but one day I will. I'm preparing myself to that day (I know you can't really preparing yourself for this mystical experience, but I'll do my best). I'm looking forward to it. And when I'm older, more growing up, I will choose a beautiful day to explore DMT. The reason why I want to do DMT in this way, is because of the respect I have. The respect for DMT.

I hope one of you can help me findig the best route of using DMT. I red 'DMT the spirit molecule', written by Rick Strassman. They are using the IV route in their sessions. I think this is the best way to do it, but there is a chance I can't find someone who wants to inject (IV or IM) DMT. So does someone knows the best route (except IV and IM) to use DMT? Why does acidfiend (on the second page) heat the bottom of his pipe with DMT and not from the top of the pipe with a flame that directly touches the DMT?

I hope someone can help me with the best route of using DMT.
Thanks

^^ I'd IV it if I could get hold of lab grade stuff, but home made extractions aren't going into my veins in a hurry, smoking will have to do.
I suggest you use the same route unless you have access to lab grade material, if you value your health.

. I think this is the best way to do it, but there is a chance I can't find someone who wants to inject (IV or IM) DMT. So does someone know the best route (except IV and IM) to use DMT? Why does acidfiend (on the second page) heat the bottom of his pipe with DMT and not from the top of the pipe with a flame that directly touches the DMT?

yes, smoke it. acidfiend did that because dmt is easily destroyed by heat, a flame right on top of a pile of dmt is going to waste more than you want to. holding it beneath the pipe will gradually let the dmt heat up instead of burning most of the substance right away. you will try to get the most out of your dmt badge. smoking out of a dmt pipe is the best way to smoke dmt, using a lightbulb is also a good method. this will waste the least, using a regular pipe is a plain waste.

Thanks.
the way you said this makes me thinks that it's a lot easier to smoke DMT in a vaporizer. Am I right?

Last edited:
No. The easiest way to smoke DMT is out of an oil pipe. Otherwise known as crack pipes, tweek dicks, etc. Lightbulbs are ghetto oil pipes, but they serve the same basic function. It is a a simple pipe with a strait tube attached to a little glass bubble with a hole in it. There is no carb.

Vaporizers are meant specifically for thc consumption. Additionally, much of the vaporized dmt (if it even gets hot enough to vaporize it) will get stuck in the long plastic tube you smoke out of, losing a lot of the product.

^^ A crack pipe and a 'tweek dick' (I assume you're referring to a meth pipe) are two different things, a crack pipe allows direct contact with a flame, a meth pipe doesn't. Which is more desirable?

Sorry, I forget that traditional crack pipes are what we call chillums around here. I'm talking about the tweak dick (it looks like a penis).

I'm planning on trying some Golden Wattle extractions to try this wonderful chemical.
:)

dmt is easily destroyed by heat
is it true for 5-meo-dmt too?
cause i didn't breakthrough with 8mg and i have little left (1 try). so should i try again the same amount, paying attention not to put the flame too close? or should i risk an experience too strong with say 10mg?

I wonder if an IM'ed dose while under full MAO inhibition would give the desired results.

is it true for 5-meo-dmt too?
cause i didn't breakthrough with 8mg and i have little left (1 try). so should i try again the same amount, paying attention not to put the flame too close? or should i risk an experience too strong with say 10mg?

yeah, it also applies to 5-meo-dmt. put a little weed on top of it, that will do. or try to use another way to smoke it. what counts for dmt also counts for 5-meo-dmt, so the pipes acidfiend and stevelektro mentioned will get better results. ofcourse a dmt pipe is best (hence the name), but not many have this lying around. personally i don't have much trouble with breaking through on 8 mg and using a regular pipe, works absolutely fine (for me). i hope you will get better results next time, if it still isn't enough, then smoke what's left over (quickly)..:)

DMT and 5-meo-DMT needs a low temprature to subluminate (from solid to gas). That is why you will probably get better result if you use the pipes stevelektro and acidfriend metioned. But also like blowmonkey said, I don't have any trouble with breaking through when I use a normal pipe filled with 5-meo-DMT. I never tried DMT, so I don't know how it works with this compound. But I'm almost sure that it will be the same.

Don't flame it... Wonderful but as we know those warriors have done it illegal, although everyone should test it at least once. Could open some eyes!

after reading on erowid reports advising this method, i smoked it (5-meo-dmt) like heroin, shaping the tinfoil like a funnel to be sure not to waste some smoke.
i got results, but no breakthrough
it happens that i have a tolerance to almost every drug i have tried.
has anyone here broken through with this method (and the normal amount of 5-meo)? or is it a waste?

Status
Not open for further replies.