View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Book] DMT the Spirit Molecule

continuousbeing2

Bluelighter
Has anyone read this book on the clinical studies done with IV DMT? It is a very interesting book. He raises the thought that most paranormal experiences (alien abductions...) are caused by the release of endogenous DMT by the pineal gland in the brain.

anyways, i was just wondering what people here think of his theories (if anybody has read this), or to reccomend this book to people here, as i think everyone would enjoy it.

if this is in the wrong place, i apologize and ask that a moderator moves it to the correct spot.

Only drug book I properly read and enjoyed without getting bored. Top stuff :)

i was just wondering what people here think of his theories
the examples of abduction reports he gives from the books of john mack do sound exactly as some dmt experiences in their more proper caracteristics

I believe its not actully dmt being released in your brain, rather you eat something that either sets off a dmt like chemical in your head or contains it, and half an hour after dinner when you go and look out the window your tripping balls, not to mention being anal raped by vicous aliens. maybe thats why alien encounters are usually on farms or rural areas, maybe certain conditions make dmt grow in wheat or some other common crop farmers generally eat, or maybe goats that have eaten pharlaris containin dmt have died shortly after, and the farmers proceed to turn em into lamb chops. Who knows? :\

I haven't owned it, but I read much of it at a friend's place. He did find diverse and yet uniform effects. I do remember some link between spontaneous extraordinary experiences and DMT, but can't remember what role the pineal gland had in it all, and I'm not convinced about endogenous DMT's role in any thought processes - it all seemed pretty hypothetical.

i heard the guy that hosts fear factor smokes DMT

He has, but that's completely offtopic in this thread :)

It's a definitely really interesting book. And beyond DMT, he reports how difficult it is, even for the most engaged and honest researches, to work with psychedelics.

The main reproach that I'v read about this book, is that there is no scientific proof of the release by the pineal of endogenous DMT.

Im uploadin the ebook to one of those upload sites now...should be done in a few mins.

DMT the spirit molecule

Just read it and it was a great book. I just want to open this thread for discussion about anything related to the book or DMT. I have also heard Rick Strassman is trying to make a documentary?
Colin

I actually really dislike the book, in retrospect. It great that Strassman was able to open up psychedelic research again, but with the conclusions and ridiculous hypotheses he came up with, we'd be better without it.

The whole pineal gland thing is silly; he has no evidence (now or then) that DMT is a subsstance from the pineal, or that it even has a purpose in humans.

He also forgot about set and setting. I still cannot understand why he didn't see that the recurrent trip-themes of abduction and experimentation were likely a result of the fact the subjects were in a fucking experiement. Most of the trip-reports mention a benevolent being and some "impartial" observers. Wow Rick- that was you and the nurses, dude!! :D

At first I found the whole study intriguing but I agree that he overlooked vital things and speculated too much, seeing what he wanted to see.

I actually really dislike the book, in retrospect. It great that Strassman was able to open up psychedelic research again, but with the conclusions and ridiculous hypotheses he came up with, we'd be better without it.

The whole pineal gland thing is silly; he has no evidence (now or then) that DMT is a subsstance from the pineal, or that it even has a purpose in humans.

I enjoyed the book simply because i enjoy reading about psychedelics and psychedelic trips.
But i completely agree with everything you said.

Reading the spirit molecule was like reading Leary books.:\