View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Emotional(ly Intense) Psychedelic

csrpj

Bluelighter
one things psychedelics do in magnify emotions, good and bad. of the psychedelics you've had, which would you say makes for the strongest emotional feeling?

Mushrooms give me the most introspection, so to answer your question...shrooms

DPT, DMT (oral) and/or shroomies. LSD can be very emotional, though sometimes I feel slightly detached from "it".

Mushrooms are more introspective than acid but with any psych, its all about set and setting. Any psych can be emotionally intense if you make it happen.

i'd say shrooms. lsd makes me feel a bit emotional too but i dont notice it as much because i feel more 'detached' from myself than when im on shrooms

Mescaline, Oral Aya, smoked dmt. Then theres tons more that have the potential to be the most emotional. It just has to be perfect timining.

A common theme in this thread is the idea that any psychedelic can be potentially emotional and deep. While this is certainly true, the results of this thread also show that mushrooms are pretty inducive of these type experiences in some. DMT too, from what it looks like, although I'll add that the types of emotions felt are a bit different between DMT and mushrooms.

Last edited:
Mushrooms get me. I don't know they can all be emotionally intense, but for me mushrooms made it feel more forced and uncomfortable.

mushrooms for sure... make me analyze everything and anything, especially my family, friends, myself as a person.

definitely mushrooms. some people think in words, others in images, but on mushrooms, you think in emotions. your thoughts are spelled out on the emotional scale. things make a HELL of a lot more sense like that, or, at least they definitely do near the end of the trip, EVERYTHING makes sense at the end of a mushroom trip =P

DOM really runs me through the whole range of emotions - moreso than just about any other psychedelic - from elation to despair and back again. Only other challenger for most emotionally intense is DPT IME

No one really agrees with Mescaline? I find that interesting and I do agree shrooms can be pretty emotional, but mesc had my emotions amplified times ten and I could relate the visuals to how my emotions were based on the colors that were most prominent

I find DPT intense, yes, but not emotionally. In fact, I find it more so intellectually intense.

I agree with the majority with Shrooms - besides being inherently anxiogenic, they made my feelings go haywire.

Mushrooms for me , they really tear me apart and make me very emotional in high doses

but 2c-e makes me cry sometimes too , always in a good way , mostly from laughter :)

Nothing has ever come close emotionally then Shrooms.. They are the only hallcinogen I've cried on, and it wasn't from the constant laughter

Yeah, I agree with mushrooms. Those are far and away the most intense, emotionally, for me. They have made me cry on several occasions.

Mescaline isn't particularly emotional for me, although it does have a bit of a positive emotional push, I suppose. Sometimes. It's more about direct experience, though.