R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Boys: have you had same-sex thoughts? POLL CLOSED - results pg. 8

Guys: have you had same-sex thoughts?

• No, never. Or very rarely.

Votes: 120 23.2%
  • Yes, once or twice; but I don't think I'd ever act on it.

Votes: 127 24.6%
  • Yes I have... and I might experiment if the situation felt right.

Votes: 122 23.6%
  • Yes, definitely. And I've kissed/had a physical experience with another guy.

Votes: 71 13.7%
  • Yes, and I have had sex with another guy.

Votes: 77 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry_lovemuffin

Bluelighter
Boys: have you had same-sex thoughts?

I'd like to test a theory here.

Guys, this poll is anonymous, so please be honest.

Just like the girl's one, the poll is obviously only for guys who define themselves as straight. Gay guys, sorry we know what your answer is!

Come on, people, spill it! :)

it sucks that we can't see the poll results for the opposite sex poll. maybe make them into one poll and have separate answer choices for guys and girls?

I can see the results ;).....

And I will post them up as we go along; also at the end. I'll wait until there's a decent number of votes though.

You're right, it could have all been done as one - prolly would have been better actually, despite being a little complicated. But since we've started....
:\

Let me think about this a bit.

Ibiza, you can,just click on the little button next to vote that says "veiw results" it does just as the name implies.

Its interesting a few of my *really* good friends have confided in me that they have homosexual images/thoughts that sometimes flow through thier mind. And at one point or another thie've questioned thier sexuality.

I have them too sometimes, but I've pretty much learned to live with it by just accepting it, and letting the thoughts flow past my consciousness. I can see it being a problem if your an extreme homo-phobe and you're scared shitless having homo-sexual thoughts coming through the mind.

cheers to an open mind!

I did an entire essay for english in yr 12 on how bisexuality is the only true sexuality, and that labelling yourself homosexual or heterosexual was only necessary if you have problems with who you are.

It basically argued that if you restrict yourself to one sex you may be denying yourself your perfect partner and therefore not being true to yourself.

I went to a catholic school. The response from my teacher was "This is one of the most fantastic things I've ever read, but if you get cross marked by some of the other teachers here, you'll fail."

anfalicious said:
I did an entire essay for english in yr 12 on how bisexuality is the only true sexuality, and that labelling yourself homosexual or heterosexual was only necessary if you have problems with who you are.

I think that's really impressive. Good for you!

Actually, primate research bears this out. I saw a program on Discovery (very progressive of them!) that argued that human sexuality was a social construct.

Basically, amongst all primates the vast majority seems to enjoy sexual relations with both sexes - especially Bonobos seem to love getting it on in huge orgies where no orafice is off limits =D

There are some detailed reports of lesbian activity among chimps and bonobos, as well as the usually male-male buttfucking you would expect =D

--- G.

homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual: All labels.
While I understand why some people have the need to label, like (some) religious people think homosexuality is a sin so of course they label themselves heterosexual. (Not saying it isn't true)
I don't even think about it. What is the point of defining?
Anfalicious, I think I would have liked that essay!
:)

anfalicious said:

It basically argued that if you restrict yourself to one sex you may be denying yourself your perfect partner and therefore not being true to yourself.

I went to a catholic school. The response from my teacher was "This is one of the most fantastic things I've ever read, but if you get cross marked by some of the other teachers here, you'll fail."

could you post that here or send me a copy?

i'd really like to see it :)

heh, love to, but it was 5 years and several PC's ago and I have no fucking idea where it'd be...

deleted quote: at posters request

I could not agree more. I find it interesting that men are not posting, if even to say "I would never even think about touching another man in that way".

It made me wonder if it's such a touchy subject, that even the most open-minded of BL'ers would be embarrassed to share their ideas and thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
They shouldn't be embarrassed because they don't have to REPLY all they simply have to do is click one of the poll options and submit...it's completely annonymous, no one know who answered and what their answer was.

This an interesting poll...more people should contribute.

I think that if there were no social constraints or 'issues', male-on-male sexual contact would be far more common than female-on-female (and I'm talking about for non-homosexuals).

It raises an interesting question, doesn't it: has society's permissiveness in relation to straight female expermentation simply allowed what was already there to emerge freely.... or has it in some way created it?

Either way it's very obvious things are different for men. But I wonder if a lot who've chosen "no, never" are even lying to themselves, because the social norm is so deep.

A very philosophical discussion... do we, as men, supress our sexual desires and thoughts based on social norms, and if so is this a bad or unusual thing, or actually constructive for living harmouniously.

For example you could perhaps argue that you have been socially conditioned to think that having a gender preference is wrong and that you should think about same sex relationships with an open mind.

Personally I think it is a complex issue, which cannot so simply be explained away by "social conditioning" or similar pyschology. Every one of us is very different, we have different genes, different experiences and conditioning, different environments, and beyond that different levels of spirtuality (not talking religion here, more broad view on spirituality).

So my view is that I think it is quite possible for someone to go through life and honestly not have sexual thoughts about the same sex. While another thinks about both equally, or another has nothing but same sex feelings and thoughts.

The problem I think comes about when we start using these labels (and really labels are just language devices to help us understand and communicate ideas) to say that one person is wrong or bad for being different. Whether that be because they are gay, or straight or bi.

This is my personal view, and I am very liberal in that sense.

An interesting side issue on the right and wrong and the sexuality thought thing... Would you feel so strongly if we we talking about someone having feelings towards animals or children for example? Yet I believe a case could be made that the suppression of these thoughts in some are caused by social conditioning (but I think you would find less argument as to the potential harm, and the percentage that would think it wrong... if not to think about then definately to act out on).

Status
Not open for further replies.