Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lack of sleep

Strawberry_lovemuffin

Bluelighter
It's my firm opinion that the disruption of the sleep cycle (due to the use of drugs) multiplies the negative effects immensely.

I was wondering if anyone felt the same way.

If, for example, I take a pill very early in the night and get to sleep by 2 or 3am, I'm actually pretty fine in the morning. Almost normal, in fact. But when I push my body to the morning then sleep all day, I get sick, feel braindead, feel completely unravelled. It doesn't matter if it's the same amount of drugs or not.

I think we underestimate how vital sleep is to the healing processes of our body. What's your opinion?

I

I agree with you 100% on this one. I feel shitty annoyed if I disrupt my normal sleep pattern.

Also, I have found if I dont eat and dont sleep, comedown is hell and the next day I feel terrible. Then it takes me a few days to bounce back where as if I get at least 6 hours sleep and eat, the next day I feel like I didnt even go out the night before.

Well..... I have a strange sleep cycle.... as I work from midnight to 8am four days a week, and when I first started it was very hard on my mind and body and especially with weekend drug binges, and I was pretty distorted now and then, and somedays I dont even sleep for 2 days straight (without any drugs) and it was just getting to bizzare, then I started to try to get the habit of doing some exercises when I got home from work, and start eating properly. Thats why I have booked myself a personal trainer three times a week to get me motivated and get off my arse and do some exercises and weight training, and it somehow helped me to manage the sleeping patterns and eating patterns due my unusual work hours. And nowdays I find easier to manage my sleeping patterns when I have my 3 days off every weekend before going back to the vampire's lifetstyle for the next 4 days, and sleep thru the day.

I love sleep dep, I used to start my benders on wedensday just so I'd be sufficiently fucked by friday!
That meetup was smack in the middle of a five day bender, by th end I was hearing voices ;)
Three cheers for sleep dep!

Three

Three cheers for stupidity. Hip Hip Hooray.

Seriously dude, do you realize the damage your doing yourself by not sleeping for so long?

Simple common sense is sometimes overlooked because its so obvious. you are exactly right. its the up all night thing that fucks you up.

I find if i get up 6.30am go to work or whatever all day come home eat go out have a few pills back home at 5 or 6 in the morning sometimes not in bed for another hour so is what fucks you up. thats a long time to be awake especially considering how much ppl push themselves once out.
Doing just this makes me scattered the next day and all that comes with it. But like you said if you eat ya pills earlier go home earlier get sleep. your fine the niext day. That is providing youve eaten, maybe had supplements etc you will feel considerably better.

But hey normally the best part of the nights (music wise) is in the a.m hrs.
So its up to the individual what theyre willing to put their body through. =D

Yeah, I noticed when I don't sleep for 2-3 days, it really fucks my mind up, seeing and thinking strange things and thoughts, like some schizo. Even my mother and friends notices I am out of it. You can die if you didn't sleep for a week, so it's been reported, but can't confirm it.

non20.gif
Three cheers for people who stamp out flames before they catch.

Me.

I don't like to stamp out flames, I leave that for the rhinos.

good topic SLM. I feel the same about sleep. I think its the most vital part of my life. I actualy have chronic back pain, but after investing some money on a good bed and good pillow rather then pills, i found that i felt actually amazing the next day. It feels good the next day when you body has rested, and i dont mean that you have lied down and closed your eys, but all the muscles in your body are rested.

i dont think its possible after a night on speed, however - as a paradox if i ve had a ''speed'' night, i will stay awake till about 11 am in the mornig the next day, nap for an hour -- get up and feel like i have had a great sleep. But 2 days later i feel exhausted.

often these days when i have pills, i dont sleep until well into the afternoon the next day. I know i can get to sleep much earlier but my friends always tend to strech it out heaps and i often get home in the atfternoon the next day. recovery often consists of hanging out with friends, listening/mixing music, drinking beer (not much...very slowly) and smoking weed. when i get home, im a real mess. I've found that after missing sleep altogether in one night, a 12 hour sleep goes down really well. anything less, and i feel fucked the next day.

The best feeling in the world is getting into your bed all showered up after you've pushed you're body hard. this feels exceptionally good if it's catch up sleep after not having slept properly in 2 days. Nextron is a name my friends and I made up for going out on a 2nd night with no (or little)sleep :X

There's a certain feeling you get getting into your bed when really fatigued and coming down off drugs. I think this is the closest feeling I've had to death. when you lie in your bed so satisfied that you're finally there... resting. your body aches and feels heavier than usual but you are so glad you got there. feels good to rest in peace but before you know, you're out sleeping in total contrast to the last 30+ hours.

In reality though, i hardly ever get a 12 hour sleep after a big night. Yes i do agree sleep deprevation is what makes amp drugs (mdxx & amps) usage have very -ve side effects.

However i can tell you one thing for certain. You can have a pill in the arvo and be in bed that night and have 8 hours sleep. you may feel not as tired the next day but if its real mdma, you'll be an emotional wreck 3 days later =D

Re: Three

Energizer said:
Three cheers for stupidity. Hip Hip Hooray.

Seriously dude, do you realize the damage your doing yourself by not sleeping for so long?
Yes I do, and like with all things, I weigh up whether or not I think te damage is worth it, and with this, quite frankly I do.
You're only young once, and I choose to take advantage of this rather than have a life full of regrets of past adventures I never had.

SLM - very very true.. :)

SteveElektro - all i have to say is that i'm never going out partying with you - you're way too hardcore for me bro :)

I can't agree more on this one. I'm not very experience in the scene, I've had five pills in almost two years and never had a comedown. I think this is because I chill before an event and usually get at least a few hours slept the next morning. :)

I have however had what I would consider my first comedown on my first ingestion of one quarter of a point of meth (ice), no pills had though. I took it cause my week was pretty flat out, I felt like colapsing and I was hosting a dinner party for seven. I didn't sleep for two fuckin' days and when I started to sleep again I could barely move when I was awake. Don't get me wrong it was lots of fun but if you fuck with your sleep cycle to much, push the envelop a bit you'll pay somewhere down the line.

Cuddles:)

I agree totally SLM, being a heavy meth user I used to sleep probably 3 nights a week. I was totally drained and mentally blocked most of the time. Sleep is so important I didn't realise how much I need it until I wake from a 20 hour peroid of hybernation.

Last edited:
I agree that sleep is very important...there was a time when I would go on meth runs like twominds and it really becomes exhausting after a while. Very much so. I thought it was sustainable, but it wasn't for me. On another note, after several days of only 4-5 hour sleeps (work) + flu, taking meth became a really short experience...there is a rush and plateau, but re-dosing every 2 hours is a must, not because of sleepiness but fatigue. This was after nearly 2 months of not taking any meth. Just thought it was interesting, but now that I think of it, it's pretty obvious. :)

my sundays until recently have been non existant- they have consisted primarily of that 18hr sleep that is needed after a marathon 2 days with fri being- school, nap, out out out, in at around 7am, shower, go to work, go to rehearsal, get home, out out out no time for naps even> out out out, in at noonish... then the rest has been sleep time thru til monday morning

it wasnt until i begun getting rostered on on sunday mornings that these marathons ive been running have turned around and smaked me in the arse. even though i get the nastiest comedowns, id push myself to work on the sat and hat every minute of it... but ow, even though ive temporarily nstopped going so so very hard, ive been feeling more shitty!!!!

its like, when u have school holidays, uve been so busy and busy and busy throughout the term that as soon as the holidays come u become a lazy person who get out of bed at 2pm or so.... even on nights when u havent been out! Ur body crashes i rekon, its been pushed so far, but had no time to rest and recover that at the first oportunity it takes a breather....

hehe, 2 weeks til i dont ahve to work sundays no more... just in time to do it again 8)

my 2c

[edit] Event details removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree that the ammount of sleep u get after a night of pills does make a difference to the comedown.

However I also think that the time u get to sleep makes a diff....meaning as close to your normal bed time as possible.

The other factor that makes a difference is the ammount of pills u take.

I find that if I only have one session ie drop 1 or two depending on the strength then head to bed after it wears off then I feel heaps better than if I have say two sessions of say 1-2 pills followed by another 1-2, 3-4 hours later.

The night I had three sessions, ie 1-2 pills, 3 hours, 1-2 pills, 3 hours and final 1-2 pills, I was pretty screwed next day and for a few after.

Only did that once.

I tend to just go with the flow and if I am really having heaps of fun, maybe with new friends or whatever then I will just keep going till the party starts to break up even though if its been a long one I know I will have to pay a price.

Doesnt worry me that much, I figure I will only live once so Im gunna make sure I make the most of it personally.

So in summary I think there are 3 factors.......

1. Ammount of sleep.
2. Ammount of change from normal sleeping pattern.
3. Length of time pilling.

Urbanhog said:
You can die if you didn't sleep for a week, so it's been reported, but can't confirm it.

Nope, you dont... Ive done it and so have a few friends, although you do get very close to the "lock him up" stage. ;)

I love sleep dep... 2 or 3 days up and everythings funny, the visuals are great, and any substances are enhanced greatly. I HATE the recovery more and more now though, and because of that do it less now. Youre running yourself into the ground, and these days it seems to hurt more.

Sleep Dep.

Sorry Jake - you can acturally die feom lack of sleep, it just takes a realyy long time, as in years. There is a very scary hereditary condition that manifests istelf in middle age where the sleep function stops working. I can't remeber the technicalities but basically it's like the "sleep switch" in your brain breaks and you can no longer get to sleep. After a few years you end up hospitalised, basically wasting away until eventually you die *shudder*. It's really nasty.

Also, sleep studies show that prolongued sleep deprivation can lead to irreversible personality changes 8o so be careful! Hallucinations are supposedly open-eyed dreaming - apparently your brain just needs to perform the clean-up duties that result in dreaming even though you're still awake. Sleep dep. can be fun, but any more than 2 days is getting a bit extreme. Take care of your bodies and you mind!!!

And yes, I find going easy on the pills and getting at least 4 hrs sleep after a night out works wonders!

:)Smiley