Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How young is too young?

TranceNation

Bluelighter
Just wanted to make a comment about the amount of younger teens who are using ecstasy. I have noticed when I'm at raves especially I see a lot and I mean a lot of kids totally off it on pills and honestly they must be the whole of 13-16 years old. Is that really right? Like I know I can't talk cause I do pills as well but I waited till I was 18 before I started doing it. How young is too young and what challenges are parrents going to face when they find their 13 year old son is doing drugs like that? I don't think this would have been a problem 10 years ago. Its just a bit of an eye opener to be seeing kids at that age doing hard drugs. ? Agree or disagree what do you think?

i took my first pill when i was 13. i havent stopped since. I love it. But looking back, i think 13 was two young... if i had kids, i cant ever say u know, dont do drugs because that would be hypocritical, and i wouldnt want my kids to not experience the wonderful things that can happen, but i do think that 13, 14, even maybe 15 and 16 are two young. But by the time kids are 16, 17 theyre <especially girls> are hangig out with older guys, adn have access to a fake id and they do go out and go to clubs and raves....

but as someone who started at 13... it is too young...i feel like i missed ou on ahf my teenage years because i wasnt there. I was out with my oler friends doing other stuff when all the kids my age were off playing drinking games in the park with cask wine and cheep beer and a bottle of cheap vodka between 6... ya kno

Your too young if your body hasn't fully developed yet. I'm not saying that drugs don't cause damage in adults, but damage while your body is still developing is more costly. When your young you should be concentrating on education rather than the distractions of illicit drugs. </grandpa>

I only had my first pill last year and I am 21 now. (Fully into it now of course, go fat beats and pills!!!)

I went to an event earlier this year and was blown away by the age of people there. Of course I don't really believe anyone has the right to restrict someone elses choices and I have respect for the fact that so many people are getting into the scene.

but looking around at the thinning crowd in the main arena at 8:00am and seeing this tiny chick who was totally undeveloped, raving hard off her face by herself was a bit of an eye-opener.

I think the solution is education. Restricting peoples choices will not work, (and has not worked in the past with any other legal drug), but helping them to make informed choices certainly will. That is of course if we view this issue as a possibly negative thing.

Go hard people!

ps I have ticket #4 and 5 to something! Representing for the early bird massive =)

[edit] Event details removed.

I wouldnt dump or recommend dumping to anyone under the age of 9.

Seriously though, i think school kids are too young, had my first pill this year and im 21. I dont think young developing minds should have a drug like e put through them.

The problem isn't education or understanding or any of that shit, it all comes down to availability. Its just to damn easy for young people to get this drug.

Raving in the Bush is just around the corner!

I waited until the age of 18. Why?

'Cause it was then legally my decision to do so, and the duty of care was no longer reliant on my parents.

This is where I draw the line. Where it's your decision to take it or not, or where your decision is judged to be your parent's decision.

I was 18 when I had my first pill, but seriously 13 is a bit too young. I mean these kids brains have not even fully developed as yet, and they are popping pills, I don't know, I think it is a tad too young!!!! :\

I was 16 but i read extensivly about what it was going to do for me and what i was going to take and preped before.
but now i see people that are so young doing it and fuck i wanna slap them and say what the fuck are you doing. and i know all of tere parents.

Respect to that Dante :)

I remember seeing a girl at a rave who was so young, a mate and I just had to ask... She claimed to be 12, which we both replied to with "bullshit". She produced photo ID from her private school in Sydney, which proved she was 12 years old.

I was 16 when I "got started". At the time I couldn't see anything wrong with it, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't been introduced to it all till a little later on...

:\

apollo "I remember seeing a girl at a rave who was so young, a mate and I just had to ask... She claimed to be 12, which we both replied to with "bullshit". She produced photo ID from her private school in Sydney, which proved she was 12 years old."

things like that make me feel sick - that is such a stupidly young age, when i was 12 all I looked foward to was riding my bike and trading marbles and basketball cards at school - and these kids are into dumping and raving - fuck it makes me angry

Sydney Private School -
Tertiary educated hard working parents give her money and dont ask questions

i grew up in the same environment - parents like that should be allowed to have kids

best done when young thats what i say.
i think yiu can bring it back to the old thing about wether you would want
your kids shitfaced on alcohol of fucked up on kemies,cause face it if kids want get messy they'll find a way

When I was about 14-15 or so, a lot of my friends were getting into popping dexies. I just had to ask my oldies who are both biochemists, what the fuck dexies were. Being a fairly clued up kid, I could absorb most of the info, which primarily related to the way amphetamines fuck with your central nervous system which governs much of peoples behaviour. This was enough to scare the living shit out of me, especially knowing that I used to be prone to things like nervous ticks as a little kid etc. Of course, the fact that I am a bit of a hypochondriac (sp?) helped, but regardless, I haven't had a dexie for a long time after that.

I hung around people that did drugs from about the age of 15 and was quite proud of the fact that I didn't smoke or do drugs - and they respected me for that. That all changed after I found out that a chick that I had a crush on for ages actually hated my guts :) From then on I decided that I hated life, and got stoned for the first time. I was 17 I think. It didn't take me THAT long to get over it...well..., but by then, I was beginning to REALLY enjoy smoking bongs :) I've tried speed when I was 18 and the rest when I was 19.

I agree completelly with Cowboy Mac in relation to the development of ones body. The effect that hard drugs may have on the development of a young child can be unpredictable. It must also be said that hard drugs may adversly effect the psycological development of a child leading possibly to complications during adulthood.

I think under 17/18 is just too young! I only just started myself (im 19, started when i was 18 - even though i look 16 8) )
Go out to partys get drunk yeah sure, but to be pilling ya brians out when ya not developed enough is just stupid!

Raves should be 18+! :D

Yeah I started at 15.... now here comes the worst. I doubled my first time when 15. :O

basically there are always gonna be kids who like me, start too young... but ask them what they think of their choices and theyll say "it was fuckin stupid to start that young" i know it was for me, and now im regretting it... bt it is fun being the friend in the know, an a lot of my friends who are just getting into it, come and ask me for advice and shit, which is quite fun.

But seriously, that little 12 year old is going to be saying the same thing as me in a few years "shit, why the fuck did i start that young?! im only 17, and im starting to build a tolerance!"

i started when i was nearly 21. the diff between me and a 12/13 yr old?

Ive finished school and fully aware of the choices I make and their consequences. its not like Im throwing my life away before its even started.

besides wot happend if you start at 12, grow out of taking e but wot are you goign to move onto next?

Unfortunately there are young teens dropping, and it seems half of u bluelighters started very young as well. There isnt anything we can do about it, we all make mistakes and we al have to live by them.

AS for what age is too young? or old enough? how can u actually answer that, 18 yr old?? y not 16 y not 21? we all mature differently and we all take drugs for different reasons. i dont think we can differeniate between who is right or wrong for choosing to take drugs depending on there age.

I'm surprised 13 yr olds can afford to deploy, $35-40 a pop...rave = 3-8 deployments... fuked if i had that much money when i was 13.. hardly have enough now :p