Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nausea on comedown??

Bent

Bluelighter
I've searched and there seems to be very little on it...does anyone else experience nausea on comedown? (And I've posted this in the Heath forum with little success so...)

I'm generally pretty lucky in that I don't experience the stereotypical comedown traits...no "eccy" Tuesdays and the like.

And whilst I've certainly slowed down in my "old age" I've notice the past few times I've had a big night on say the Saturday night, come Monday I feel constant nausea....not all times will I actually be sick, and on the few times I have it hasn't alleviated the problem.

Anyone else suffer from this? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Bent

a mate of mine (though he doesn't usually get this) felt quite nauseous after the last big night out, and he doesn't normally get much of a comedown either. perhaps people are stuck with one of the two - i get shitty comedowns, but i've never actually had any nausea or anything.

anyway, my mate went and had a chuck (not that he really chose to! :)), and he said he felt a heap better after that, so maybe that's the answer?

on my comedowns, i get just really depleated feeling. All my bones are achy, and depending how scoobied i was the night before i can feel super super super nasty... like im talking unable to move for fear of either shattering my bones, or chucking.... but i find the better hydrated i am the night before, and the more i eat and sleep the next day to recharge the serotonin levels <basic princaples of morning afters> then i can kind of handle the day. But eat lots and lots of sugary things... i find jelly beans are great. like the glucose ones u get in the chemist :D But yeh, i kno what ur on about wiht the nausous thing

well, I havnt experience the nausea that you are describing.

But I did see two unfortunate 16 year olds that had been out on pills projectile vomit repetedly at about 9:30 on a sunday morining at flinders st station in Melbourne. Was rather funny at the time.

revolting...

I'm similar to BloSs0m, I find that I don't want to move much after a few hours zZZ, don't get nasty, just so lazy. I do eat sugar/glucose products.

Could alcohol &/or dehydration be your contribution to getting nausea?

Well, I no I have already replied but just have to say. I have came home many mornings after a night on pills and beer. Only to drink a bottle of schotch over the period on the day. I have not felt nauseus from this so Im guessing its just a persons stomachs sensitivity that causes what you have described. Also maybe exess water intake or chewing for hours (causes you to swallow huges amounts of saliva....).

could even be lack of sugars & salts in your body by the mornign. try eating some chips/banana's and then drink a little water or sports drinks.
my GUESS would be that it isn't so much the pills so much as you haven't treated your body with enough respect throughout the course of the night ;)

Are you feeling sick due to lack of food? Chances are a huge night out drinking nothing but water has messed with your sugar levels. Eating nothing and missing meals for 24 hours messing with your vitamin intake. Missing a nights sleep and messing with your body clock. Chances are I'd feel pretty crook to.

One of the theories behind the chronic gastrointestinal problem called Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is serotonin receptor oversensitivity. I wonder if a similar thing happens for some people with repeated MDMA use? This could explain the increasing GI problems some people get over time with MD** use.

Anyhow, the best, most simple cure for nausea is ginger. You can buy ginger capsules or ginger cordial - I find the cordial gets rid of nausea in minutes, with no side effects. You can also make fresh ginger tea (grate some ginger, stick in hot water - voila). Failing that, you could try Emetrol from a chemist, Dexsal, or you could ask your Dr for a prescription anti-nausea drug, but note that these have side effects which can be unpleasant. But I would recommend you try the ginger first - the cordial should only cost a couple of dollars.

you're just a big stoner, aren't you BT!!!;) ;)

i love smoking weed, and i do find it helps with nearly any sort of nausea.
the only time i don't smoke when i'm sick, is when i'm soo sick, that if i have a bong, i'll throw up in the bong!! nasty!!

maybe you should change your name from BigTrancer to BigStoner, BT!!! has a nice ring to it!! :D :) ;) =D

Offtopic: "you're just a big stoner, aren't you BT!!! <-- Hehe nah I hate the shit, whatever gave you that idea??? ;););)

back to the regularly scheduled topic...

I used to feel nausea if I danced a little too hard or wasn't watchign my fluid intake. If you isn't drinking enough water throughout the night you might get him to give that a go.

I reckon it's lack of food. I don't feel sick that often but when I do it's cos I havent eaten anything.

bananas and soft foods!!!!!!!!!

...and pot =)

haha, funny you mention this.

Last Friday I spent the evening Eing with a mate.

During the course of the evening from about 9.30-Midnight I had four bourbon and cokes then stopped drinking and dropped a couple of yellow 3s.

At about 3-3.30 I had another two and went walking as is my habit.

By 7 in the morning I was pretty stuffed so went to bed.

I had drunk about 1.5 litre of water during the Eing period and decided I needed a bit more so had two kwik small glasses.

Instantly felt like spewing and did so......mostly water and a bit of coke came up.

Sipped a little water after that and went to bed, sleeping instantly for about 7 hours.

When I woke, I had a pretty bad headache and took a couple of panadol, showered and had a coffee.

Within about ten minutes I started feeling really giddy and very sweaty.

Had to lie down and was feelin pretty bad for about twenty minutes before the headache dissapeared, sweatiness went and I was feelin fine as.

This had never happened to me before and I cant put it down to anything in particular.

I have decided however that it is time to have a break for a while.

Its now tuesday and have had no other problems at all.

Sat passed as usual feeling great afterglow but lethargic, hit the sack early and Sunday was up and at it much of the day, Monday worked and felt fine.

I am wondering if there was still enough E in my system on Sat arvo when I woke and it reacted with the panadol but not sure.

I remember seeing a similar reaction when a mate took some panadol during the initial comedown and he got extremely hot for over an hour or more.

As for the hurl.......may have been that I hadnt eaten since about lunchtime on ther friday but again not sure.

Personally I am not overly concerned as everything seems to be normal now and it didnt overly worry me at the time.

Hope this helps.

Keep smiling.

^ I don't really think that MDMA and paracetamol are contraindicated -- however, after 4 pills plus alcohol your liver could probably do with a break, and the added paracetamol possibly doesn't help things. I guess it's a possibility, but I don't know what the likelihood of this being the actual problem is though, in your case.

BigTrancer :)

Thanks BT, actrually it was after my mates first episode of taking a headache pill only four or five hours after last E and having major overheating problems that our group decided that we would never do that unless 12 hours had passed.

Actually I have just checked and it was Panadeine Forte.......this has codeine in it...............would that make a difference????

Codeine would place pressure on your digestive system and brain - it has to be converted to morphine. So it'd add to the strain, but I suspect only to a slight degree.

:)

One of the reasons why I stopped taking pills is cos of how shit I felt the morning after. No serious comedown, mentally I was fine but I always get sick in the stomach. Without fail after waking I'd vomit and no it didn't seem to make things better. I'd sweat, nearly faint and keep vomitting, it was horrible and this happened everytime. I'd eat but it made me feel worse. I'd be thristy as hell and drink but my stomach wouldn't accept it and I'd just keep vomitting but yet my mouth was wanting more. It's a horrible empty feeling in my stomach that would last at least a couple of days. After 3 years of that I've given up, not worth the shit feeling for days after and I already have stomach problems *d'oh* Damn the honeymoon period! But all is good now hehe

MazDan: that sounds more like the after effects of multiple strong MD** pills than anything else. It is not uncommon to get dizziness and sweatiness, most likely due to a drop in blood pressure, after strong MD** pills. (There has been discussion on this in Ecstasy Discussion). So it sounds like you overdid it.

The codeine in the Panadeine Fortes could have contributed to the nausea, but they would have barely had time to be broken down before you vomited.

I can't see how taking Panadol "4 or 5 hours" after an MD** pill could make you overheat either, I think your friends experience was a coincidence. A normal dose of Panadol should be fine combined with MD**, but it may not be a good idea to take more than the regular dose as it may be a strain on your liver.