Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dirty Dealers

doofhard

Bluelighter
Just thought I'd write up what I heard on Saturday at a rather large party. A girl came up to me and introduced herself as an American that had arrived that day to Australia.

She had just been sold two pills for a rediculus price off a dealer, what she wanted to know from me was were these pills good.
When she showed them to me they looked like pills but the logo was "400" personally I have never seen them before and told her that and that she had paid too much.

Then I realised there was pill testing so I sent her there. She then found out they were bunk, she found the guy she bought them from, he grabbed the pills and ran off now she was out of pocket and no pills.

Now this is terrible and I have heard this to becoming a trend. My message to anyone doing this, a warning, although this scene is happy and content, when you get shafted, you won't be at this level of PLUR so make sure you watch your back, there is alot more of us than there is of you.

I'm sure everyone has some sort of dodgy story. If people cant learn from others mistakes ... they'll learn when this shit happens to them first hand.

anyone who buys pills without knowing what they are or anything about them ... ahh does it really need to be said :)

my 2c

a good example of how useful on site reagent testing is - she had an unknown pill and did not take it based on the reagent result. Be weary of pills with strange numbers on them like that, especially if they are very well pressed, chances are they are pharmaceuticals..

Last edited:
papermate: Enlighten did test at a major event last saturday and this is what is being referenced. Its not a common occurrence to find this kind of service being offered at major events, however it is certainly something that we hope will be increasing in the months/years ahead. It is difficult when promoters are worried about the negative implications involved and many prefer to turn a blind eye to drug use at their parties without providing much in the way of education and harm reduction. Ravesafe is attending more events now which is a definite positive, but reagent testing by groups such as Enlighten is more controversial and is often unwanted by event organisers and venue owners.

papermate - are you talking Sydney? Cowboy Mac and doofhard are both Melbournites... In Sydney, I've never seen or heard of testing at any rave or club, regardless of size...

:\

umm i dont see how this would work??
u mean to tell me theres a little stall set up at a rave where little boys and girls wait in line with pills in hand so theycan be tested???

Police come up and book everyone in line.

They are trying to ban the sale of EZ tests already.. how can this work? its encouraging drug use.. safe or dangerous..

It's not encouraging drug use - it's encouraging people to ensure they know what drugs they're taking IF they're already planning to take drugs anyway. I'd imagine the police would prefer to turn a blind eye to a harm reduction testing stall than have people neck bad pills and wind up in ambulances everywhere. They know people are going to take drugs no matter what.

BigTrancer :)

An important point to emphasise is that testing in principle actually conforms to both harm reduction and harm minimisation camps.

Testing reports indicate that not only are less of the dangerous pills consumed, but overall consumption is likely to be less, as not everyone will have another $XX-xx to spend if their first pill tests bad and is discarded.

Last edited:
Its been stated from a Victorian police representative on this issue when talking of Enlighten and reagent testing that they [the police] are focusing efforts on dealers and manufacturers, not small time users. They realise that there is no point booking people who want to reagent test there pills as this serves no purpose, and there is movement towards wider spread harm reduction approaches. I emphasise this is from Victorian police, it would differ from state to state.

phase_dancer said:
as not everyone will have another $?0-00 to spend if their first pill tests bad and is discarded.

[CHEEKINESS]
Hey phase_dancer... I thought we weren't allowed to discuss prices. =D
[/CHEEKINESS]

[Edit: Fixed up, with my mistake above, p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops! you are right. I should have instead said:
Another amount of money relative to prices at the time.... or something like that.

smacks self on hand...I'll edit it

^^ Agreed. Buying stuff while youre out is never a good idea. While its not always possible to get stuff from someone you trust or at least know, sometimes its better to go without than take the risk.

There's always people out to take advantage of the uninformed and the tourists, especially at large events. If you must buy while youre out then ask around for whats a reasonable price, ask people what theyve had, often there tends to be only a few different pills going around at any given time and the majority of clubbers are going to be on the same stuff. This way you can get a feel for what is going around and what you expect to pay before you fork over your money.

Lastly, if you think youve been shafted, get a couple of mates together before you go to confront anyone.

you'd think, these days, the chances of getting good or even semi-decent pills from a stranger at a club/bar are nil...Unless it's the in-club dealers......I dunno about the raves, but if you go to a club and you are that desperate...find out who the in-club dealers are.....Like ask the bouncer/bartender/whatever...And in club dealers usually have the commercial pills that are respected to some extent...If they were selling shit, then they'd just risk losing customers, and the fact a they don't exactly want ppl falling all over the place...that's my 2 cents

Peace Out

just another reason to legalise drugs and take them out of the hands of assholes and into ours.. not talking about all dealers, but come on how low can u go..

I was talking generally Sydney or Melbourne. Personally i think the idea is great in terms of harm reduction etc. But there is this HUGE grey area about it obviously which has been discussed, and clarified. Considering the grey area around marjianna (which has a less negative connetation that pills do) - i think it will be a long time till we have some legal clarity.

Considering that the average consumption at a rave is about 3- 5 pills, would you really want to stand in the line with that. For example, Field Day, was a relatively older crowd and a great event which was held in the Botaical Gardens. The police officers walking around knew that everyone was consuming one thing or another. It was quite obvious they were turning that ''blind eye''.

But image some notable or prominant member of the community became aware of the fact that there were 16000 pill popers AND a table where you could test your drugs - dont you think the coppers would take a more definate stance?

Realistically - if the police wanted to bust people for possession, they could easily arrest and search people at the party anyway. At the bottom line, if the police did get pissed off and bust a pill-testing stand, there would be little for the volunteers to answer.

1. The testing protocols are designed so that the testing volunteers are NEVER in possession of illegal substances. Typically, the volunteers have a testing table set up with permission of the party promoters, and are not under the influence of drugs or in possession of illegal substances, and are not committing any crime by giving away free drops of reagents and accurate drug information pamphlets.

2. The people who are bringing pills up for testing could only be charged with possession of illicit substances, and if they're clever all they have is that single test sample on them. If the police really wanted to bust people for personal possession of a single pill, they could shut down the party and search everyone.

The only difference between a party with a testing stall and any other party is that people have the option, if they wish, to obtain qualitative information about what drugs they have. This represents sound harm reduction and really can only help things, in my opinion.

From a logistical point of view, the party is happening, the people are taking drugs; in my opinion it makes perfect sense to have a testing stall on site in the hopes of avoiding having to make use of the ambulance services if bad pills surface throughout the night.

BigTrancer :)

Doofhard... You think that's a dirty dealer... I just had a week of holidays in Adelaide (I'm from "the outback") and got ripped off $1000 by a guy I'd dealt with on a number of occasions!

Journal Entry